joeblast

Wang Liping in Denmark

First i know Master Wang Liping is not the saviour of the world, because the saviour is Jesus Christ!

Second it was not reall free to be a student of Jesus Christ:Mark 10:17-31

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+10%3A17-31

It was also not free in the old days:

Malachi 3:8-10

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Malachi+3:8-10

Luke 18:10-12

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...amp;version=46;

And did you think Jesus Christ and Apostles live just on air or whiteout money in all their travels even to other countries? And whit the price of losing their lives, something that almost all of them did! That is a very high price my friend, life itself!

About Buddha that for me is nothing in compare whit Jesus, i know he was of a rich family, but i don't have read somewhere he gives his family money to the poor, and even his family didn't give money to the poor as i know! And Buddha yea he just meditate, and didnt work at all, what a free life man! People just work for him!

Is just that we all are not the same, we all are unique different, what you think there is always some other that think different than you, about money or what ever it is!

P

~

Hugo

Ever wonder why someone says x is the savior of the world and someone else says y is and I'm positive z is.

As far as i can tell none of these saviors have been doing a very good job.

Why do we like to give away our power.

Why don't we take responsibility for our actions instead of putting it off on someone else.

Please don't quote some book that was written by someone pushing their agenda.

If jesus was able to turn water into wine, as the good book says, why on earth would he need money to sustain his life style.

This thread is ridiculous. Nobody really knows a lot about Wang Liping, and we're all just BS'ing about whether we think a master should charge students or not.

This thread is ridiculous. Nobody really knows a lot about Wang Liping, and we're all just BS'ing about whether we think a master should charge students or not.

aaah, a fresh breath!

Will we ever be able to discuss anything here on taobums in relation(even remotely so) to DSV without being bombarded by people talking about the price?

Does Wang Liping want to be considered a godlike saviour figure? Is that what he's after? I believe it's important to show respect for a master but does he want worshipful reverence? Does he claim to be an immortal who will live for ever? Seems to me such things lessen a man.

The pictures I've seen of him and the few stories I've heard have painted him as much more down to earth.

Michael

so much talk here in this thread hihihihihi

Edited by HugoOlivaresMila

Taomeow,

Would you recommend some good reading material on face reading? To understand some basics really...

Many thanks...

This one is a good intro -- concise but detailed enough:

"Mian Xiang: the Chinese Art of Face Reading," by Henning Hai Lee Yang. He traces his family history a thousand years to Yang Chiun Pun, one of China's most famous fortune tellers. He was educated as a business economist and a marine engineer, but ultimately chose to devote himself exclusively to his family tradition of fortune-telling.

I have found a lot of interesting information on the subject in a book published in China, "Book of Changes and Traditional Chinese Medicine," by Yang Li. She is professor of TCM and a well-known I Ching expert in China. This book, written in the 1990s, has won a whole bunch of Chinese awards, including the "Prize for Outstanding Books on Science and Technology," but unfortunately, it was translated so poorly (and so inconsistently, since at least twenty translators worked on it and they don't seem to have communicated with each other much, if at all) that much of it is as mysterious as an ancient alchemical text, and some of it is as hilarious as only a poor translation can be. But it is the most complete integration of taoist sciences into a modern "presentation" I'm aware of, so it might be worth the effort -- if you can find it.

There's several other books on face reading out there that I've seen that I'm not crazy about. The macrobiotic guru, Michio Kushi, wrote one. I hated it, like everything else coming from this popular-bogus source. Lilian Too of the bogus feng shui fame wrote one, unless I'm confused and am thinking of a chapter in one of her other books. I hated that one too.

Edited by Taomeow

"Mian Xiang: the Chinese Art of Face Reading," by Henning Hai Lee Yang.

He lives in Norway. I saw him on the subway just a few weeks ago. Calls himself "the best fortuneteller in the world" :lol:

He lives in Norway. I saw him on the subway just a few weeks ago. Calls himself "the best fortuneteller in the world" :lol:

Next time you see him, would you please tell him that a reader of his book named Taomeow respectfully disagrees.

The best fortuneteller in the world is the I Ching. :D

• Like 1

"Mian Xiang: the Chinese Art of Face Reading," by Henning Hai Lee Yang. He traces his family history a thousand years to Yang Chiun Pun, one of China's most famous fortune tellers. He was educated as a business economist and a marine engineer, but ultimately chose to devote himself exclusively to his family tradition of fortune-telling.

I have found a lot of interesting information on the subject in a book published in China, "Book of Changes and Traditional Chinese Medicine," by Yang Li. She is professor of TCM and a well-known I Ching expert in China. This book, written in the 1990s, has won a whole bunch of Chinese awards, including the "Prize for Outstanding Books on Science and Technology," but unfortunately, it was translated so poorly (and so inconsistently, since at least twenty translators worked on it and they don't seem to have communicated with each other much, if at all) that much of it is as mysterious as an ancient alchemical text, and some of it is as hilarious as only a poor translation can be. But it is the most complete integration of taoist sciences into a modern "presentation" I'm aware of, so it might be worth the effort -- if you can find it.

Thank you! Both seem to be available on Amazon here and here.

Are you blind were do you read in that link community work?????

For your information:

http://portal.unesco.org/education/en/ev.p...ECTION=201.html

The above information from UNESCO shows monks doing COMMUNITY WORK at the sharp end of society, trying to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS.

Now, I HAVE lived for a time in Thailand, I have friends who live there. I know someone who has learned advanced meditation from monks there, stuff that rivals John Chang's abilities. Not the kind of information you are going to get from Spanish TV though, is it?

Unless you have lived there, you have NO first hand experience of the role that monks play in Thai society.

As for your comments about the number of monks, since it is part of Thai culture for all males to spend some time as a monk, such statistics are pointless.

So Hugo, I suggest you switch off your TV and get over to Thailand so you actually have some EXPERIENCE of what happens there, not just ill informed opinions gleaned from the goggle box.

Best,

Mike

BTW, this thread is supposed to be about Wang Li Ping, so perhaps the Jesus and Saviour references should be dropped. Nowhere have I seen Wang, his students or anyone connected with him reference him as some kind of 'messiah'.

Mike i belive that is stupit to go there just to see if monks work or not, i don't care if monks work or not they have nothing to do whit me, and they are nothing special for me so PEACE

Are you saying it is OK to make unpleasant remarks about people just because they are nothing special to you?

Hugo, your comments were ill informed, and a simple Google search-which is what I used-could have provided you with the fact that monks in Thailand DO do community service. As mYTHmAKER pointed out from your own link, they also have work to do within the temple. They do not sit around all day doing nothing.

The point is this. You didn't have the facts to hand and were referencing TV journalism.

You made a mistake-we all do that. It is just a shame you lack the grace to admit it and even to reconsider your prejudices.

And since when did peace wear a face like this :angry: ?

More BS & lies spread by David & His band of Misfits I see. Now that david no longer has the Monopoly on Wang how does He feel ? Of couse He is upset about this.

roight! well, I dont know why Jette would put it up on her site if master Wang hadnt had any knowledge of it. If it was tentative then the verbiage could have reflected that.

r.w., didnt yo momma teach you if you dont have anything nice to say...? and if it aint nice, something constructive would be fantastic. anything else is wasting people's time, your own included.