joeblast

Wang Liping in Denmark

Really?

Buddha was the crown prince of one of the richest kingdoms on earth at the time. He was in want of nothing material. He had everything and as such he knew everywhere enlightenment wasn't.

Unless you choose the life of a vagrant saint, cultivation requires enough money to give you the freedom and time to practice.

But on the subject of free practices, there are plenty available. I'm certain they contain the same seeds of enlightenment. However, still not so many people pay attention. It's a facet of our psychology, don't ask me why, but most people only value what they have to pay for. The internet is loaded with free practices from good teachers, but so many people think free = rubbish.

As whatever you're practicing now doesn't exactly seem to be flourishing into your pleasant disposition, may I suggest a practice, absolutely free, an expressway to liberation, developed by the Buddha himself? Check out Vipassana. S.N. Goenka seems about as saintly as modern men come.

Amazing isn't it? How there seems to be a path out there to suit just about anyone. Fees for the folks who need a financial commitment to solidify their will and free for those who have the time to commit. Should you expect every teacher to approach the Dao from one angle, how fragile that way would be. Today's news warns what happens when too many people tread one spiritual path.

Absurd.

Absurd.

I suppose.

Fact is stranger than fantasy.

Good luck.

And sincerely, check out the Vipassana. It's pretty much everything you're asking for.

One thought though. Do we get to choose our path? The more I experience life, the more I think not.

It seems we don't get to choose our starting place but in a sense we choose our path.

Were Enlightenment a small town on the Oregon Coast, a Seattle native would need but take a short road south to get there. A New Yorker would face a more arduous journey west. An Argentinian would embark on a real odyssey north. And a Chinese would have to cross the whole of the Pacific!

Maybe the journey is too far for some but should they make it just part of the way, their children will be born closer.

Of course, no-one has to go to Enlightenment.

If you care to check my profile i have uploaded some photos in the album section of my teachers, who dont charge a cent. The only thing required is sincere dedication & oath to always help those in need,no matter what personal price you may pay. Thats how you gain merit my friend.

If you care to check my profile i have uploaded some photos in the album section of my teachers, who dont charge a cent. The only thing required is sincere dedication & oath to always help those in need,no matter what personal price you may pay. Thats how you gain merit my friend.

Which one of these teachers' suggestion was it to call an opponent in an online discussion a moron, the way you did? and what kind of merit are you supposed to gain via the practice? Just curious.

You mention your Maoshan interests in your profile -- do these include talismanic sorcery? And if they do, can you write an active talisman? And if you can, do you give it away for free?.. after a week of meditation and prayers, fasting and cleansing -- after years of practicing talismanic script -- which required mastery of qigong before you could charge your writing -- to name a few things, out of many --

and still you give it away for free? Wow. Few professionals do, since they don't have any time to hold a second job and they do have to eat and occasionally feed their dependants too... Amateurs might do this for free, I'm sure -- but their ability to help others exists only in their imagination. So... please share how YOU do it! -- and do feel free to call me whatever name your teachers have told you to in order to gain merit, I'm all for merit! :D

MiaoTao, the Sword of Tao

Edited by Taomeow
  • Thanks 1

I Hate to bring up G.I.Gurdjieff at a time like this but here goes!

In talking about the backward nature of perception in humans he asked Questions like - Why are we willing to pay $2000 for the latest gadgets or a car or anything else with out complaining about the price, but we want spiritual teachings for free? Where are our values lying when a new ipod is worth it but the teachings of a master are not?

I'm not saying Wang is or isn't a master, I wouldn't know and i don't have any desire to train with him at this moment. (especially when some of his Students go around saying things like "no one else has TanTien other than them" which is an attitude i guess they got from Wang, and a great marketing ploy for the gullible)

Seth.

Which one of these teachers' suggestion was it to call an opponent in an online discussion a moron, the way you did? and what kind of merit are you supposed to gain via the practice? Just curious.

You mention your Maoshan interests in your profile -- do these include talismanic sorcery? And if they do, can you write an active talisman? And if you can, do you give it away for free?.. after a week of meditation and prayers, fasting and cleansing -- after years of practicing talismanic script -- which required mastery of qigong before you could charge your writing -- to name a few things, out of many --

and still you give it away for free? Wow. Few professionals do, since they don't have any time to hold a second job and they do have to eat and occasionally feed their dependants too... Amateurs might do this for free, I'm sure -- but their ability to help others exists only in their imagination. So... please share how YOU do it! -- and do feel free to call me whatever name your teachers have told you to in order to gain merit, I'm all for merit! :D

MiaoTao, the Sword of Tao

You talk like you know alot,but in reality you know nothing.

I have nothing to say, but finally a new and HOT topic other than Kunlun/Max bashing and bragging! Now its time to shake and feel bliss...hopefully... carry on!!!

:D:D:D

Edited by SiliconValley

I have nothing to say, but finally a new and HOT topic other than Kunlun/Max bashing and bragging! Now its time to shake and feel bliss...hopefully... carry on!!!

:D:D:D

All right... Here's a thought. I believe our new friend here is being paid to do what he's doing here.

Like, you know, Steve Barrett of Quackwatch et al. I think I mentioned this before... they have a few hired hands to generate squabbles and smear campaigns as soon as something/someone of real and therefore threatening unconventional value shows up on the horizon. What d'you reckon?,,

All right... Here's a thought. I believe our new friend here is being paid to do what he's doing here.

Like, you know, Steve Barrett of Quackwatch et al. I think I mentioned this before... they have a few hired hands to generate squabbles and smear campaigns as soon as something/someone of real and therefore threatening unconventional value shows up on the horizon. What d'you reckon?,,

Anyway, if his insight is the result of free spiritual teaching, I wold rather pay thousands of dollars for just a few hours with Wang Li Ping.

how about that face reading, MiaoTao?

a couple of nights ago i dreamt you were teaching me how to do it... i dont know how you look, i only knew it was you. funny :D

the last time i was so interested in chinese face reading was after watching Charles Aznavour's film, The Chinese - he used to help himself in his detective work by reading the eight parts of the human face. i also remember he met a guy that he didnt saw for some time, and his face reading was different... this film was on TV almost 14 years ago...

so, please, tell us, how is it done?

respects,

L1

Lots of prices.....

Regards

~

Hugo Olivares Mila

There is sure people that takes advantages of people, and feel free to relief them from their money.

I did see that you linked to a ayahuasca retreat, a type of "spiritual" retreat where ignorant westerners give away their money to shamans with darker intentions.

There is no need to give away your life savings to a spiritual teacher, but it should at least be the courtesy to pay/ work etc for the work that someone that has put for you.

There is sure some charlatans, but that is something that one has to discern with ones own integrity and intuition. its all a learning process.

I believe that you will find a teacher when the time is ready, and that you will afford that teacher at that time.

//john

I Hate to bring up G.I.Gurdjieff at a time like this but here goes!

In talking about the backward nature of perception in humans he asked Questions like - Why are we willing to pay $2000 for the latest gadgets or a car or anything else with out complaining about the price, but we want spiritual teachings for free? Where are our values lying when a new ipod is worth it but the teachings of a master are not?

Hello guys :D now, if we see the price of other Masters so can we see the price is around the same price you can train in Denmark, or even more take a look: ...

You forgot Vipassana (10 days, 20 days, 30 days, 60 days): A donation (whatever you can give) plus travel to the retreat (all the rest is covered) :)

see the thing is you don't have to study with them, i don't think wang liping posts on here so you aren't going to change anything. if you don't want to pay learn vipassana and use that, i believe that's how buddha achieved enlightenment so there you have it.

how about that face reading, MiaoTao?

a couple of nights ago i dreamt you were teaching me how to do it... i dont know how you look, i only knew it was you. funny :D

the last time i was so interested in chinese face reading was after watching Charles Aznavour's film, The Chinese - he used to help himself in his detective work by reading the eight parts of the human face. i also remember he met a guy that he didnt saw for some time, and his face reading was different... this film was on TV almost 14 years ago...

so, please, tell us, how is it done?

respects,

L1

Right, let's stay focused! :D

I wanted to start a new thread with it but couldn't embed a good picture, so here's a link to one:

http://www.dao-meditation.com/Wang_Liping.html

OK, the art of face reading, Mian Xiang, is, like all taoist arts, inexhaustible, huge, and has many schools and branches that might tackle the same task in all kinds of different ways. I'm no great expert, mind you, but here's a very VERY cursory sketch of how it's done...

You start with evaluating the overall shape of the face. I haven't seen any yin-yang imbalances in WL's face.

Next, the Five Phases affiliation of the whole face is determined, and features of personality, auspicious seasons, colors, moral values and health of particular organs derived from these. WL's face is close to the Earth phase.

Next, ten patterns of faces are discerned. A very balanced one, Tien, is what WL has. Tien people tend to be very successful in everything they undertake. Tien people with dark complexion are very healthy, while Tien people with pale skin are fragile. WL's face is clearly of the first type.

Then the real fun begins. We go over the Four Regions of the face, the Hundred Positions of the Floating Year, the Five Mountains and the Planetary Points. To be continued...

Edited by Taomeow

i never suspect it would be that complex :o

And really interesting...waiting to hear more taomeow...

Edited by SiliconValley

Right, let's stay focused! :D

I wanted to start a new thread with it but couldn't embed a good picture, so here's a link to one:

http://www.dao-meditation.com/Wang_Liping.html

OK, the art of face reading, Mian Xiang, is, like all taoist arts, inexhaustible, huge, and has many schools and branches that might tackle the same task in all kinds of different ways. I'm no great expert, mind you, but here's a very VERY cursory sketch of how it's done...

You start with evaluating the overall shape of the face. I haven't seen any yin-yang imbalances in WL's face.

Next, the Five Phases affiliation of the whole face is determined, and features of personality, auspicious seasons, colors, moral values and health of particular organs derived from these. WL's face is close to the Earth phase.

Next, ten patterns of faces are discerned. A very balanced one, Tien, is what WL has. Tien people tend to be very successful in everything they undertake. Tien people with dark complexion are very healthy, while Tien people with pale skin are fragile. WL's face is clearly of the first type.

Then the real fun begins. We go over the Four Regions of the face, the Hundred Positions of the Floating Year, the Five Mountains and the Planetary Points. To be continued...

Bollocks !

Bollocks !

Are you unable to disagree without resorting to this? If it is the method, then say what your issue is. If it is the idea of face reading, then simply say so. If you simply want to advertise your ignorance, then carry on the way you have so far.

FWIW, I know John Chang does face reading. He did it for one of my Greek brothers in 2002 when he visited Athens. I was sat next to my brother at the time.

Best,

Mike

what do you think of this?

That was interesting -- the composite right-right and left-left faces reveal the very yin-yang imbalances which I said I didn't notice in WL's face. (The picture I was looking at wasn't completely front-view, so I did the best I could with what I could see.) Instead of "private" and "public" persona as in the segment you posted, in Mian Xiang they would be talking about the yin and yang sides of the face. Interestingly, they start by reading the left side for the male face and the right side for the female face, i.e. with "the public persona" of the woman and "the private persona" for the man. I can only speculate why. Perhaps because in the patriarchy no one was particularly interested in the woman's inner world, it was more important how she behaves in public?.. Keep in mind that the de riguer visit to a face reader would be undertaken when considering marriage -- the prospective husband (or, more often, the prospective in-laws) would seek the face reader's opinion as to whether the girl being considered for a bride is suitable. It was very common, far as I know. Many traits in a woman's face that today would be considered her good points were viewed quite differently in feudal China -- e.g., she was supposed to have a small mouth, full but very small, the smaller the better -- so as not to eat too much, not to talk too much, and never, ever to talk back! A pretty girl by today's standards was headed for spinsterhood if she had one of those jaws that today plastic surgeons might even implant artificially because they are part of the modern idea of beauty -- you know, the strong kind (Kathy Ireland or Jennifer Garner come to mind as prominent examples of the kind of lower jaw I'm talking about) -- because, well, it did indicate strength of character, an unwanted trait, women with such jaws were thought of as "man-eaters" and avoided.

it reminds me a lot of what little i know about traditional feng shui and ba zi ^_^

how did you came to that conclusion: good beginning, good ending ?

i think the complete book on the basics of wang liping's teaching was supposed to be published this year

maybe they'll use the olympics as an occasion to release it

seems like the chinese government is ready to do with daoism what it already did with shaolin...

cant wait to see what happens

please do go on MiaoTao lady

L1