mwight

Is The Official History of Kunlun's Origin Bogus?

Hi Chris and Ape,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know what Wudang stuff Max learned?

Was his teacher trained at Wudang, or trained in Wudang techniques?

Would you say that he's part of that lineage?

I know those questions probably sound like a set up for a bashing or something, but it's not. It's just something more like bored curiosity. :)

I think . . . You know - I probably won't ever study with the guy or do his stuff, because I'm on the other side of the planet.

Also I'm not really interested in energetic practices, to much - or I mean - manifesting any of that kind of stuff.

I'm not any kind of master, but it seems pretty easy to me. All of these people spend years trying to "feel" their qi, but I'm pretty sure I could put up a youtube video, and 99% of the people who followed along could feel it within 5 minutes and would know for sure what they were feeling. Same with some other types of energy.

But . . . You know - I generally don't think that kind of thing is a good indication of someones level at all. Person A can be much more . . . what? Developed? Person A can be much more developed than Person B, but person B can do all of these cool things and A can't.

I read some of the stuff Max wrote, and it's similar to how he talks about like slow slow, quick quick, quick fast, slow fast, or something like that. :)

Person A is at a low/high level of cultivation, and person b is at a middle/middle level, so their natural abilities are open, but person A is probably more developed, in reality.

So I don't really focus much on the experiential stuff, but from reading other peoples accounts and diaries on here it seems very interesting!

Sometimes I don't know how to clearly say something like this by typing it, but probably you understand. :)

Anyway - I hope everybody who does the Kunlun stuff gets alot out of it, and respect to everyone who's cultivating. Maybe you can all be my teachers in the future.

Maybe if you guys get itchy feet and come over to this continent I can check it out, and certainly feed you and give you some floor space, at least! haha

Mantra,

How did he work out the formula to combine Red Phoenix, Golden flower to Jennys art and know or didnt know that it would create this Golden Dragon Body?

cheers

Spirit Ape

One thing Max has always been is a master technician. He is always trying out different circulation ideas on us to see what the effect is. He is constantly working to improve the effectiveness of internal alchemy.

He realized the combo of Red Phoenix and Kunlun would produce the Gold Dragon body while we were in Taos about 6 years ago.

And yes, his first teacher was a Wudang Master from China who basically raised him from the age of six. He learned some pretty high level stuff at a very young age, but had to endure some pretty intense training. His teacher's wife was a Mongolian Shaman so he learned the medicine ways also from a very early age as well.

Awesome, so when he 1st acheived Golden Dragon did he realize it was similar to his Rainbow body of Bonpo?

Is it the same actually?

Spirit Ape

Is the sleight of mouth intentional?

Sorry to be so rude, but I think just saying that Max is a dude who has figured some pretty cool stuff out would be alot easier for people to accept.

But I mean . . . Linguistically it's good kung fu.

Inference and implicit statements leading to explicit value judgements and all that.

It's none of my business, but I think you should change the marketing strategy.

About 2% of people who understand suggestion/nlp/classic salesmanship/whatever will see it pretty clearly.

Probably another 20% who are clever will have a negative "gut" reaction to it, leading to alot of the type of threads I've read here.

80% will buy in.

But you could increase your conversion rate by 20% with a couple of subtle changes.

Saying a rat is a mammal and a boy is a mammal doesn't make a boy a rat. Most people can't defend against simple fallacies like that because our societies don't train people to, but a lot will have varying degrees of negative reactions depending on how big or small the claims which are being made.

I can walk around here in China and choose 100 random people, and say:

A=1, and B=1, therefore A=B, right?

100% of them will say yes.

If I say a rat is a mammal and a boy is a mammal and therefore a boy is a rat, they can't tell me why it's not - but they know somethings not right and they'll never listen to anything else you say again.

A master of French cooking is not the same as a French master cook.

Training Kunlun in the mountains isn't the same as training in the Kunlun mountains.

Being a Master of Wudang is not the same as being a Master from or trained at Wudang.

I'd do more John Carlton and less Frank Kern.

Here's what I've got.

Here's what it will do for you.

Here's what I want you to do next.

Go to his seminar and find out? :lol:

Even Taomeow is converted since she went to the seminar and all the others on this forum think highly of Max. I bought the book recently and it worked straight away have you even tried it yourself or just talking out of your butt?

Ape

Go to his seminar and find out? :lol:

Even Taomeow is converted since she went to the seminar and all the others on this forum think highly of Max. I bought the book recently and it worked straight away have you even tried it yourself or just talking out of your butt?

Ape

I've done shaking qigong so what's the big deal?

Max can come to me if he wants but I'm not getting out of bed for anything less than a good fuck!

Kunlun my arse. Please!

345245392_9d3d0f53da.jpg

Edited by Patrick Brown

Yes they developed the bullshit in secret. Bit like masturbation! :lol:

Therefore my teaching remains the same:

Go and fuck yourself!!

B)

Patrick, please tell us how you really feel.

Just kidding.

I used to have a lot of fire too, but I quit drinking and purged the anger from my liver by doing my practice and now I feel pretty good all of the time. No more frustration and my anger levels remain pretty low.

I still say you would change your mind in person, my raging friend.

Is the sleight of mouth intentional?

Sorry to be so rude, but I think just saying that Max is a dude who has figured some pretty cool stuff out would be alot easier for people to accept.

But I mean . . . Linguistically it's good kung fu.

Here's what I've got.

Here's what it will do for you.

Here's what I want you to do next.

We have done this, but when people ask us specific questions like yours, I give a direct, honest answer.

Max himself will never use the term "master" but the fact is that his level of aptitude is what others would, without hesitation, call "master." The same holds true for his teachers.

It is what it is and the proof (as it should be) is in the pudding.

Patrick, please tell us how you really feel.

Just kidding.

I used to have a lot of fire too, but I quit drinking and purged the anger from my liver by doing my practice and now I feel pretty good all of the time. No more frustration and my anger levels remain pretty low.

I still say you would change your mind in person, my raging friend.

:lol:

To be honest my response wasn't coming from anger more a kind of irrational flippancy. :)

Yes I'm sure Max is a cool guy but people will still try and prove he's not the real deal although I personally don't care either way.

As for the drinking I can and have given up before. Takes me a few months to completely wake up (dry out) and then I feel great. I will be getting on the wagon soon as I simply can't afford to keep boozing it up. :unsure:

Like the new avatar by the way. ;)

Edited by Patrick Brown

Yes they developed the bullshit in secret. Bit like masturbation! :lol:

Therefore my teaching remains the same:

Go and fuck yourself!!

B)

Osho would be so proud! :lol:

Really though, there's so much conversation about is it this or that. The easiest way to figure that out is to check it out for yourself if you're that interested/skeptical.

Either way, Max gets a lot of air time and causes us to think about if things are real or not... that alone is valuable.

Fine fuck knuckle, we are talking about the practice forget the trailer and stop masturbating over VAN dam you stupid prick, hahaha how you like those apples? See anyone can mouth off Mr Internet warror!

Fine fuck knuckle, we are talking about the practice forget the trailer and stop masturbating over VAN dam you stupid prick, hahaha how you like those apples? See anyone can mouth off Mr Internet warror!

You is so touchy today. :lol:

I'm sorry but the film trailer is inextricably linked to Max and Kunlun. I'm sure Max and his team are getting no end of shit because of it. So you're a bit fucked because if the movie trailer is taken down that will make people suspicious and if it's left up then people with a brain will laugh their balls/tits off. Hey it's not just me as other people see the movie trailer as a giant joke which in turn completely discredits Max.

Sorry but as far as Kunlun is concerned the cat is out of the bag.

Edited by Patrick Brown

I agree the trailer really doesnt give him or kunlun justice but the practice is good and it works that is what is important for the people that practice it. As for Max and his powers i wouldnt know i never met him im skeptical myself when people calim such things but again its the practice that i like!

What is your practice?

Ape

I agree the trailer really doesnt give him or kunlun justice but the practice is good and it works that is what is important for the people that practice it. As for Max and his powers i wouldnt know i never met him im skeptical myself when people calim such things but again its the practice that i like!

What is your practice?

Ape

Bit of tai chi and mind yoga like seeing beyond the illusion of duality and resolving paradoxes. Mind yoga is like thinning the ego and is a continuous practice that I've been doing ever since I can remember. I'm also a tantic and by definition my practice is esoteric. I don't follow any systems, philosophies or religion but I do like Tibetan Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism and the Teachings of Jesus.

So I choose what suits me and have evolved and adapted stuff and in so doing have created my own practice of self-cultivation.

you both realize you've jumped well over the lines of propriety for this forum, yes? its really annoying reading garbage like that. Pat, you should know better, you've been suspended before for it.

It'd help if you two didn't swear at eachother and whatnot. Be nice and civil. Talk to the other person as if they were your grandma.

Ape, would you call your grandma a "fuck knuckle"? :o

I personally think saying that the video seems corny isn't so bad and isn't overstepping any bounds. You have the right to say that Patrick. I think it myself even...I can totally see how the video would turn people off. It almost turned me off. It gives kind of a false impression about the practice.

There's no need to bicker over this, though. Especially in a violent way. :rolleyes: