During daylight savings time in the United States, that is 9:00 am - 1:00 pm Monday morning, tricky for those of us with fulltime jobs. Maybe I can take a long lunch and practice in the woods outside my office.

I think there might be an English word that fits--perhaps "matrix"? There is the dictionary definition, and then there is also the flavor from the very popular movie about a group of people banding together to join forces underneath the surface reality.

Hey Li Jiong.

I would like to ask you one more question about the wuji posture.

What would you say is the difference between having the palms face the body and having the palms face backwards(like in your picture)?

And would it be a completely different posture if the palms face the body and turned upwards like a cowboy-posture?

During daylight savings time in the United States, that is 9:00 am - 1:00 pm Monday morning, tricky for those of us with fulltime jobs. Maybe I can take a long lunch and practice in the woods outside my office.

I think there might be an English word that fits--perhaps "matrix"? There is the dictionary definition, and then there is also the flavor from the very popular movie about a group of people banding together to join forces underneath the surface reality.

"matrix" seems very close, thank you for your insight, witch!

Hey Li Jiong.

I would like to ask you one more question about the wuji posture.

What would you say is the difference between having the palms face the body and having the palms face backwards(like in your picture)?

And would it be a completely different posture if the palms face the body and turned upwards like a cowboy-posture?

To explain the difference, perhaps I have to explain the whole theory of our system, it is impossible now, sorry!

To explain the difference, perhaps I have to explain the whole theory of our system, it is impossible now, sorry!

Oh...short version perhaps? :D

For a beginner in things taoist, however, it might be worth it if indeed it provides a convenient shortcut to taoist basics (provided it treats them as such without superimposing this or that master's agenda), which is the only sensible place to start. The overwhelming majority miss this crucial step and wind up inventing and reinventing so many lopsided wheels... That's where I started too, when I didn't know any better: trying to understand the middle and achieve this or that end without knowing the foundation. Which is impossible.

You are right, Taomeow.

Now, my new course 'Wuji Standing' offers just a convenient shortcut to taoist basics, Wuji is the start of Tao cultivation, it is also the end of Tao, Tao is extremely simple, wouldn't is suggest Wuji Standing?

"Only $49". That is dinner for my family for 3 days.

$49 is not only for an ebook, but also for the membership of our group, is it expensive? For Chinese, to join my group, the price is 1500CNY. That is dinner for an average family for 30 days in China. But all the members think they have done a wise investment.

Hi Li Jiong

Could you share a little about where that Wuji posture originated from? school? etc. Are there other postures that follow that one that are practiced together?

I have recently finished learning a standing practice that i have been told orginated from the Damo Shaolin tradition.The first posture is exsacly like your Wu Ji posture, followed by 4 other postures .Posture 2 works with the yang force .3 Yin and Yang together, 4 Yin/Yang together but reversed, 5 Yin

Im just curious to know more about the theory of it since my teacher really cant explain it all to me with his limited english:)

cheers

Hi Li Jiong

Could you share a little about where that Wuji posture originated from? school? etc. Are there other postures that follow that one that are practiced together?

I have recently finished learning a standing practice that i have been told orginated from the Damo Shaolin tradition.The first posture is exsacly like your Wu Ji posture, followed by 4 other postures .Posture 2 works with the yang force .3 Yin and Yang together, 4 Yin/Yang together but reversed, 5 Yin

Im just curious to know more about the theory of it since my teacher really cant explain it all to me with his limited english:)

cheers

Yin/yang together? That sounds interesting, how is that posture? (if you would like to share?)

Is this truly a wuji posture with palms facing back.

I was taught to relax arms so hands fall naturally to side.

Palms facing back activates movement.

This posture is fine as a standing posture except I don't believe it should be called wuji.

Before taiji, we stand arms relaxed wuji.

We turn our palms facing back- we initiate movement taiji.

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Hell no..its to secret!!!

ehh i mean...sure no problem

Basically you have 1 hand facing up drawing in energy from the sky, other hand facing down drawing energy from the earth. You keep the hands at the Dan-Tien level.All the postures have the hands at the Dan-Tien level.

Yin/yang together? That sounds interesting, how is that posture? (if you would like to share?)

Hi Li Jiong

cheers

Wuji posture originated from Fuxi, Xuanji school. There are Taiji posture, Liangyi (Yin and Yang) posture, Sancai (heaven, human and earth) posture follow Wuji posture in the further training.

Hell no..its to secret!!!

ehh i mean...sure no problem

Basically you have 1 hand facing up drawing in energy from the sky, other hand facing down drawing energy from the earth. You keep the hands at the Dan-Tien level.All the postures have the hands at the Dan-Tien level.

:) Thanks!

How long do you stay in each posture?

does the center circle represent wuji

and show how the taiji can be brought back to wuiji, or how taiji and wuji are related/interact?

also i sent you a PM

franklin

does the center circle represent wuji

and show how the taiji can be brought back to wuiji, or how taiji and wuji are related/interact?

also i sent you a PM

franklin

Yes, the center circle can be considered as Wuji.

I got your PM, as an old friend, you are welcome to join our cultivation group!

Real Taiji picture, drawn by my teacher - Seawater

Thank you for answering my earlier question re lineage.

Now this diagram --

OK, the miaodao is spelled out instead of implied... if we were talking taijiquan, e.g., I'd say this symbol compared to the usual version of taiji is like Chen Xinjia compared to Chen Laojia: in xinjia, the internal is made visible, is explicitly shown externally. This doesn't make the more hidden version less "real" though. Likewise, the usual way to draw the taiji symbol is no less real, it's merely less obvious. Wouldn't you think so?.. But the main question is, do you happen to know why exactly does your teacher places yin on top and yang on the bottom in his diagram?..

Thank you for answering my earlier question re lineage.

Now this diagram --

OK, the miaodao is spelled out instead of implied... if we were talking taijiquan, e.g., I'd say this symbol compared to the usual version of taiji is like Chen Xinjia compared to Chen Laojia: in xinjia, the internal is made visible, is explicitly shown externally. This doesn't make the more hidden version less "real" though. Likewise, the usual way to draw the taiji symbol is no less real, it's merely less obvious. Wouldn't you think so?.. But the main question is, do you happen to know why exactly does your teacher places yin on top and yang on the bottom in his diagram?..

What you said sounds also reasonable, it seems I'd better to call it original Taiji instead of real Taiji.

Perhaps you did not take notice of that in this original Taiji, Yin is on right and Yang on left, instead of "yin on top and yang on the bottom". Laozi says:"All things bear Yin and hold Yang", that is an explanation of original Taiji.

Is this truly a wuji posture with palms facing back.

I was taught to relax arms so hands fall naturally to side.

Palms facing back activates movement.

This posture is fine as a standing posture except I don't believe it should be called wuji.

Before taiji, we stand arms relaxed wuji.

We turn our palms facing back- we initiate movement taiji.

There are some small but important skills in Wuji standing, I try to explain them in my Wuji Standing course. If Wuji is just a relaxation state, it is too common.

The full version of my new course - "Wuji Standing" is now available, it is in PDF format, English version, 4.07MB, 14 pages, $49.

It introduces Wuji Standing dedicatedly, Wuji Standing is very simple and effective, even if one is a just beginner, and never has any experience in any practice, who can learn Wuji Standing correctly just follow the course without a present teacher. Tao is extremely simple, wouldn't it suggest Wuji Standing?

Some secret skills are also published in this course, such as Wuxing (five elements) hidden strength, they never published in English before. Getting these secret skills, your cultivation will be much more efficient.

To make an order, please contact me at [email protected], you may send the payment via Paypal, and I will send the file to you by email and invite you to join our group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cultivation/ as soon as I get your payment information.

Practice together every Monday 1 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Greenwichtime)

Every Monday 1 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Greenwichtime), we practice in different place, to form a Xuanji field (there is no suitable words to express the meaning of Xuanji in English, it can be considered as an ordered energy and information field approximatively), this Xuanji field can improve the information field of the earth, purify the souls of all people, and also benefit all the participators. My teacher has done this for tens of years already, and now, in China, more and more cultivators join us to do this great thing.

Now, I invite you to take part in our Xuanji field, so long as you have the time every Monday 1 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Greenwichtime), you can practice Wuji Standing, Hunyuangong or Houtian Bagua Circle in your place, all things will be naturally happen, you need not consider how the Xuanji field runs, just practice earnestly at the promissory time.

This will be great merits and virtues for all participators, thank you for your participation.

The time comes, welcome to join our practice.

In substance, traditional Chinese culture is a transcendental culture, if one does not have the experience of cultivation, it is impossible to really understand traditional Chinese culture. The pictures of Taiji, Hetu, Luoshu etc. were all seen in Tao cultivation by Fuxi. I also did see them in practice.

So, if your are interested in study traditional Chinese culture, personal practice is the only way.

The full version of my new course - "Wuji Standing" is now available, it is in PDF format, English version, 4.07MB, 14 pages, $49.

It introduces Wuji Standing dedicatedly, Wuji Standing is very simple and effective, even if one is a just beginner, and never has any experience in any practice, who can learn Wuji Standing correctly just follow the course without a present teacher. Tao is extremely simple, wouldn't it suggest Wuji Standing?

Some secret skills are also published in this course, such as Wuxing (five elements) hidden strength, they never published in English before. Getting these secret skills, your cultivation will be much more efficient.

To make an order, please contact me at [email protected], you may send the payment via Paypal, and I will send the file to you by email and invite you to join our group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cultivation/ as soon as I get your payment information.

$3.50 a page for an e-book? And membership into a group that does very little good for those halfway across the world that can't physically be helped with things? How do you in any way have a good conscience with this? And that's not even the full course, just the beginning? I would love to hear from you how exactly you can justify the price of this course when you claim to be 'duty bound' to spread the Tao.