Froggie, this is the exact way that most Buddhist temples are here in NYC. Pay what you can, because in all truth, the teaching of the person is the most important thing. And with all the bills I have to pay and everything else that comes with small children, I tend to give more when it is open ended.

Taumeow, I understand where you are coming from as well. I am in no way saying that I don't think that he shouldn't get money for his teaching. It's all about the way he has gone about it. It went from all courses for $49, to making a new course only teaching a small part of the 1st course, for the same price as the full courses. Then he went on to boast that he charges people in china a months food budget for the 1st course, and we are getting it cheap.

What I really don't get, and what bothers me the most; is the monumental claim that his teaching can save the entire world from 2 disasters that could wipe out over 90% of the population, as he said, and he doesnt feel an obligation as a human being to try and spread the teaching as much as possible.

And only for the low low price of, now, $72!!! I keep waiting to hear Ron Popeil come out and start making a pitch. And the worst part is, this is supposedly a practice that has been hidden away from the world for 7000+ years. 5000 BC. That's like, when the oldest cave paintings they have found in the area of China were done. Extraordinary claims should be extraordinarily vetted.

I think the price went up again and it is no longer $72. I wish he would not keep raising it or at least tell people how long the course will be available at the latest price. Ive never seen this before, is this a chinese cultural way of doing business?

Hypothetical situation.

Say you have something great to offer to the world. It is so great it almost overwhelms you. You know you want to share it with others, because you can't see how something so big is for one person only -- you. You believe others will get benefits from it too. You need others in your life who understand this thing that has taken over your existence. What do you do?

Suppose you decide you will teach it. If you're already rich, that's easy: you just teach, charge nothing, live off your prior wealth.

If you're middle-class, you might want to quit the job that has made you middle-class, so that you have a full-time commitment to what you're going to teach. If you don't quit it, you might be too busy to ever give the teaching the full benefit of your full attention. So you quit. There's a mortgage though. Kids' college payments. Car insurance. A backlog of medical bills from when you were a mere mortal and unwell and saw a doctor, a dentist, a shrink. And so on. What are your options? Quit the job, charge nothing for the teaching, and let someone else deal with all your money obligations, usual expenses, etc.?

Finally, let's say you're dirt poor when the teaching comes to you. You wear one shirt for months, you don't have a second one. You can't afford to buy a whole lot of detergent to wash it. You live in a cardboard box. You emerge from it one day and say to the world, I will teach you a great teaching -- for free. What will the world's reaction be?

So... from the possible scenarios I can envision, the prerequisite for successfully offering the world a free teaching is being a multimillionaire, it doesn't seem to work out any other way. So are the rich, the very rich who don't need your money in order to teach, the only true teachers? :unsure:

I agree with you, it is practical.

Personally, i don't believe in fixed prices/amounts, much.

Simply because everyone does not have the same income.

I personally believe that $45 or $72 or $220 for some is very easy, is nothing oralmost nothing, and for some it is too much, and for some it is inbetween that.

I do not think anyone has the right, actually, to ask the same price for everyone. ("weird" huh?...)

I believe, to make it somewhat more fair, one should have an asking-price, but also request that if and when people can afford to pay more, that they do so! and in the very same way,if or when someone, anyone, at any time or reason can not pay a certain amount, but really wants to participate in something, that ways should be made possible for them to do so, and i am not talking about loans, i am talking about even fairer things ...

for example a reduction in price ... OR ... a reduction in price with the request that if they ever can afford anything more afterwards that they add something to it, any time, untill it, Feels, Fair . . . .

And also, if someone is in a lot of 'trouble', one should be KIND, and also simply offer it, to them in particular; FREE.

Yes?

?

innergy

Sounds good, but it is not practical. At least for me, it is not practical.

However, we have an Affiliate Program, you can see the detail at http://greattao.net/Forum/viewthread.php?t...;extra=page%3D1

If an affiliate of us does just as you say, we will not interfere.

I think the price went up again and it is no longer $72. I wish he would not keep raising it or at least tell people how long the course will be available at the latest price. Ive never seen this before, is this a chinese cultural way of doing business?

It is lostmonk reminded me of the problem of the price, otherwise, it will be certain at $72 yet.

I hope the latest price $98 can be available for at least a few months, but if someone reminds me often of the problem of the price, perhaps the price will get to the same level as for Chinese members in a shorter time.

BTW, Xuanji School is open for everyone who truly need it, and you can leave anytime you want. It is not a rigorous controled sect, to avoid any unnecessary misunderstanding, we use the name of Great Tao Community now. And everyone who ordered our course and membership is a member of Great Tao Community, we are partners, we work together to gain super energy and information from Tao. It is not necessary to distinguish who is master and who is disciple.

Edited by Li Jiong

It is the never-ending debate: Should teachers be making money off what they teach?

My only take on it is that teachers should be financially independent and not depend on their students for money. As soon as the teacher has a financial attachment to their students coming back then the transmission process is compromised. A teacher should be able to honestly say to their students what needs to be said without the fears of the student never coming back.

It is lostmonk reminded me of the problem of the price, otherwise, it will be certain at $72 yet.

I hope the latest price $98 can be available for at least a few months, but if someone reminds me often of the problem of the price, perhaps the price will get to the same level as for Chinese members in a shorter time.

BTW, Xuanji School is open for everyone who truly need it, and you can leave anytime you want. It is not a rigorous controled sect, to avoid any unnecessary misunderstanding, we use the name of Great Tao Community now. And everyone who ordered our course and membership is a member of Great Tao Community, we are partners, we work together to gain super energy and information from Tao. It is not necessary to distinguish who is master and who is disciple.

I am not clear on this. Are we all being punished by having to pay a higher fee because lostmonk reminded you of the price which you already knew was $72? You seem to be saying that if we do not have any discussion about the fee it will stay the same. Is this what you are saying? If you truly hope the price will be $98 for a few months why not just say so and be honest with all of us. I am truly interested but the price changes and explanations are taking some strange turns.

It is the never-ending debate: Should teachers be making money off what they teach?

My only take on it is that teachers should be financially independent and not depend on their students for money. As soon as the teacher has a financial attachment to their students coming back then the transmission process is compromised. A teacher should be able to honestly say to their students what needs to be said without the fears of the student never coming back.

Very good opinion!

I try my best to honestly say to people what needs to be said without the fears of the student never coming back.

Edited by Li Jiong

I would not like to discuss these meaningless topic anymore.

Why not? Because you've been sussed out ?

First $49, then $72 now $96 with the possibility of further increases

For an e book! I smell a big fat nasty rat.

I've had a look at the site and it is pyramid selling. Multi Level Marketing.

Cashing in on the gullible beginners and weak minded.

Yeah, something's not quite right here.

I think you would be better off with one of Lam Kam Chuen's books.

Good solid practice and no outrageous claims about planetary disasters. :lol::lol:

Why not? Because you've been sussed out ?

First $49, then $72 now $96 with the possibility of further increases

For an e book! I smell a big fat nasty rat.

I've had a look at the site and it is pyramid selling. Multi Level Marketing.

Cashing in on the gullible beginners and weak minded.

Weak minded! :P

As we see, those a few troublemakers on this thread are just the woolly-headed beginners, they know very little of internal cultivation actually. They use some worldly perspectives to judge something spiritual, and spread their negative emotion irresponsiblely. Actually, if they save their energy and time of making trouble to do some proper business, perhaps they have earned enough money to pay for the course and membership already.

Xuanji School has worked for the Xuanji Matrix for almost 7,000 years, if we must evaluate it by money, it is not able to be paid by anyone. Fortunately, most individuals here are rational and friendly, if it is my problem that educed those troublemakers, and their nagative words affected your emotion, I am sorry for that!

Hi Cameron,

I have purchased all three courses, which I did surprisingly as I am usually trying to save my money. :P

Then I rationalized it by reminding myself that I was spending $85 a month on Kung Fu class before, and this is something I can practice for years....

Having these tools, I am able to approach the standing much better. When I used to do standing, I would give it up because it just created to much heat and discomfort. Now I have tools to balance the energy, and after a few weeks I am up to 30 min of standing in one session. :) I feel happy and energetic and more and more grounded. It's also very nice that Li Jiong is available for questions, and he always answers very quickly.

I have to say that this is real teaching. It's not something new or made up. I have studied from a lot of sources, and everything he teaches is in line with what I know about Tao Cultivation. Li Jiong has also gone to school for acupuncture and so that background is really helpful in understanding of cultivation, and also in helping with questions that students might have.

I feel like it is simple and effective and easy to follow.

Also, in many Qigong books I have read, tai chi included, standing is recommended as the most important exercise for building a foundation, more energy, and grounding.

I'm still new to the practice, almost a month now, but I have no regrets about the courses, and enjoy practicing.

"What is more simple than Wuji Standing?" It's nice to cut out the excess and stick with the root. :D

It's true what he says though, this is not a harangue, meaning, if you are looking for a long discourse on cultivation, that's not what this is. It does explain some things, but it is more about teaching the exercises.

There is the Tao Te Ching translation he has made into English though. I still need to get to reading that...

Peace!

Is there something to the "Matrix" energy he keeps referring to? I know how to stand from taking classes with several qigong teachers over the years. Is it like a visualization or something you do while standing?

Is the Xuanji Matrix Li Jiong refers to comparible to Tan Tien or something else completely?

As we see, those a few troublemakers on this thread are just the woolly-headed beginners, they know very little of internal cultivation actually. They use some worldly perspectives to judge something spiritual, and spread their negative emotion irresponsiblely. Actually, if they save their energy and time of making trouble to do some proper business, perhaps they have earned enough money to pay for the course and membership already.

Xuanji School has worked for the Xuanji Matrix for almost 7,000 years, if we must evaluate it by money, it is not able to be paid by anyone. Fortunately, most individuals here are rational and friendly, if it is my problem that educed those troublemakers, and their nagative words affected your emotion, I am sorry for that!

See, it has been quite civil until now, and then you had to go and make personal attacks. You said yourself that you are using the price to gauge who should and shouldn't be taught. Then you threaten to raise the price because someone calls you on your 'unorthodox' practices? You are quite right that most people here are rational and friendly. It's that rational part, that makes people wonder about the 'motivation' behind your teachings. As has been pointed out many times, by yourself as well, the only difference between what you teach, and other practices, is this 'secret' matrix. What I find most disturbing about all of this, is that the only mention I have found anywhere on the entire internet, what google crawls of it at least, of your Xuanji school, so the posts that you have made on this and a few other forums. You expect us to believe that it has remained completely hidden from everyone but its practitioners since the Stone Age? Which also means we would have to believe that noone ever learned of this system unless they became a practitioner. But let me guess, you still don't understand why people would have problems with this, we're just 'troublemakers'.

As has been pointed out many times, by yourself as well, the only difference between what you teach, and other practices, is this 'secret' matrix.

This is simply not true.

There is Wuji Standing.

There is course one which is a standing set with some connecting movements in between, balancing yin and yang.

There is course two which is a bagua circle walking set that includes 9 forms, another circle walking practice, and a seated meditation.

And that is only the first two courses of which he says there are 9 courses total.

It is it's own school with it's own practices. :D

Peace!

It is it's own school with it's own practices. :D

Peace!

I second everything Junbao has said.

Li Jiongs offer seems to be all about practicepracticepractice. If your not up for practice you should probably go somewhere else. But if you want a good practice, good guidance, and this resonates to you, then its worth every penny.

It might seem simple at first, but then it grows on you and becomes deeper and deeper. I mostly do just wuji standing now because it alone is more than enough.

Li Jiongs offer seems to be all about practicepracticepractice. If your not up for practice you should probably go somewhere else. But if you want a good practice, good guidance, and this resonates to you, then its worth every penny.

Except the exercises, we also have a lot of other materials in Chinese, such as theories, stories, poems, and so on... These stuff can help the practitioners get in depth understanding of our system, and help one's practice a lot. But I do not have the time to translate them into English. If anyone knows Chinese well, and would like to do the translation, you are welcome!

As I mentioned before, in the long history, Xuanji School is hidden from public. And now, the danger to the entire humanity is closer and closer, so it comes out and try to save people as much as possible. However, the danger comes from people's foolish greed in nature, it is impossible for anyone to save anyone else actually. One has to save himself by himself. Our system just offers a way to let you save yourself, whether you will be saved or not that depends on yourself. Yet I am the only one who promote this way on the internet, it is not surprising that you couldnot find the information of Xuanji School on the internet from anyone else, that just can substantiate what I said is true.

The opportunity is here now, but I won't force anyone to take it. Everyone has the freedom to choose his/her own way and bear the corresponding result. It is meaningless to discuss the price of such an unworldly thing, if you are able to pay and would like to pay, then you pay; if you cannot, then please go somewere else, you will not lose a penny. As for how many kids you have, how expensive city you live in, that's your business, not my business.

As I mentioned before, in the long history, Xuanji School is hidden from public. And now, the danger to the entire humanity is closer and closer, so it comes out and try to save people as much as possible. However, the danger comes from people's foolish greed in nature, it is impossible for anyone to save anyone else actually. One has to save himself by himself. Our system just offers a way to let you save yourself, whether you will be saved or not that depends on yourself. Yet I am the only one who promote this way on the internet, it is not surprising that you couldnot find the information of Xuanji School on the internet from anyone else, that just can substantiate what I said is true.

The opportunity is here now, but I won't force anyone to take it. Everyone has the freedom to choose his/her own way and bear the corresponding result. It is meaningless to discuss the price of such an unworldly thing, if you are able to pay and would like to pay, then you pay; if you cannot, then please go somewere else, you will not lose a penny. As for how many kids you have, how expensive city you live in, that's your business, not my business.

So if we do not pay you are you saying we can not save the world from these problems or not? You sound like you are making silly threats. I believe the method may be good, but you sound desperate. I already know I have free will. Please enlighten us all.

So if we do not pay you are you saying we can not save the world from these problems or not? You sound like you are making silly threats. I believe the method may be good, but you sound desperate. I already know I have free will. Please enlighten us all.

I just say that we offer a way that possibly can save the world from these problems, I never say this is the one and only way. On the contrary, I often suggest someone who seems not suiting for this way, like lostmonk, to seek for other way, and I always say that other ways may also work for him. But it seems that I am misunderstood by some people here again. :(

Our system just offers a way to let you save yourself, whether you will be saved or not that depends on yourself. It is meaningless to discuss the price of such an unworldly thing, if you are able to pay and would like to pay, then you pay; if you cannot, then please go somewere else, you will not lose a penny. As for how many kids you have, how expensive city you live in, that's your business, not my business.

:lol::lol:

KungFu (Yiquan) Course can be ordered at http://greattao.net/KungFu.htm now.

The internal matial arts, such as Taijiquan, Baguazhang and Xingyiquan, all came from Xuanji School. In 1920's, Mr. Wangxiangzhai combine Taijiquan, Baguazhang and Xingyiquan to be Yiquan, that's the origin of this KungFu(Yiuan) Course. From its origin, we can see it is related with Xuanji School. That's why I did put it into our Great Tao Community. Later, I realized that Each Person Has His or Her Own Purpose, our internal cultivation course is not suitable for everyone, and some may be interested in KungFu more, so I release this KungFu (Yiuan) Course out from Xuanji School with a more interesting price.

Has anyone on Taobums purchased Li Jiong's work?

Have they found it beneficial?

Somehow I missed this. Yes and yes! :)