17 minutes ago, Summer said:

Can you feel it?

I don't know if its an ultra modern SIDDHI GET! I've unlocked (or if it even exists) but recently I noted that digital places have energy too. Just like buildings. You can feel a house where a lot of people argue, even when empty. Its walls are pointy. Same with internet it seems. It tells you who them mood is without even reading contents. You can feel it.

Here is grumpy like cat that doesn't want to be bothered. Maybe that is the perfect image of high development though because cats is very spiritual animal because they live partly on astral plane.

17536c6f6b3083f5086cae1020d3e0a2.jpg

Not very friendly though which makes wonder "Why speak if you don't want to talk?". That is not very spiritually developed, no?

Grumpy?  Us!!!!! Hurrrrrrrmph!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Summer said:

BTW on topic. Some of the subreddits have such funky energies. And I mean that not in the nice, musical way. Putting lots of people together like that is very, very dangerous for their souls. But they are also drawn to it as well and do not like anyone who is not one of them. The ones with the quiet desperation with fake niceness and cheer leaders over the top are the worst.

Some of the other ones are much better mood of group vibrations. Do you people feel this as well? Its quite new for me but fully automatic now since I seen and cultivated the impression getting area. 

Possibly a collective mind has been created in the forum that is very resistant to the rudeness of dilettantes and a fraud detector has also been developed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I refer to other people and situations since I do not know you enough to form an idea of you, which would be hasty.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Summer said:

Can you feel it?

I don't know if its an ultra modern SIDDHI GET! I've unlocked (or if it even exists) but recently I noted that digital places have energy too. Just like buildings. You can feel a house where a lot of people argue, even when empty. Its walls are pointy. Same with internet it seems. It tells you who them mood is without even reading contents. You can feel it.

Here is grumpy like cat that doesn't want to be bothered. Maybe that is the perfect image of high development though because cats is very spiritual animal because they live partly on astral plane.

17536c6f6b3083f5086cae1020d3e0a2.jpg

Not very friendly though which makes wonder "Why speak if you don't want to talk?". That is not very spiritually developed, no?

Summer,

I belong to a group of people which study a particular practice, many in our group have been members of this forum since the days of Ron Jeremy circa 2004

We have seen things get to the point of being absolutely psychotic here on the forum. 

In comparison the current vibe of the forum is very mild, and actually seems to be improving.

Lot's of progress has been made to stop the trolls, and most members of my group are overjoyed we no longer have to listen to how awful, stupid and terrible we are on a daily basis.

Stick around for a while and you'll see this place is definitely improving from what it used to be.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kakapo said:

Summer,

I belong to a group of people which study a particular practice, many in our group have been members of this forum since the days of Ron Jeremy circa 2004

We have seen things get to the point of being absolutely psychotic here on the forum. 

In comparison the current vibe of the forum is very mild, and actually seems to be improving.

Lot's of progress has been made to stop the trolls, and most members of my group are overjoyed we no longer have to listen to how awful, stupid and terrible we are on a daily basis.

Stick around for a while and you'll see this place is definitely improving from what it used to be.

How very mysterious!

• Haha 2

I feel the energy of the forum is changing .

Nowadays people write stuff like :

Its walls are pointy.

because cats is very spiritual animal because they live partly on astral plane.

I seen and cultivated the impression getting area. 

- God luv 'em .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Summer said:

Can you feel it?

As I wrote in another thread (somewhere), I think the participants in Dao Bums like to write, like to express themselves, and they hope that somewhere along the way they might get some positive feedback on what they've written from others.  Maybe even inspiration.

To the extent that folks are positive and substantive, I think Dao Bums can be interesting and informative.  Also, some of the old timers are a hoot!  I guess kakapo is able to trade tips with other practitioners of the particular practice he subscribes to, that would be a great benefit--I assume he's referring to a martial arts practice, which I don't really have anymore.

You would think Dao Bums would be about Daoism, but I think it's more about what Daoism has influenced, in the modern world.  That includes Buddhism and the martial arts.  Not so much talk of gaining immortality here, though sometimes.

Two cents.  I've started a lot of threads with zero participants, don't get discouraged!

• Like 4

somebum.thumb.jpg.ef8964ee83389553c9ec0b2468a6df60.jpg

What bunch a bums!

This picture was generated as part of a Bing AI session comparing saints to xian. It totally looks to me like how some TDB threads can feel when grumpiness abates. When I zoom in there's something slightly creepy about the eyes though. That's a common artifact of certain image processing style. I will think of it as saying everyone might be little bit blind anyway, but there are better things to focus on.

• Like 2

Too many people busy arguing, instead of cultivating creates a space of intellectual circlejerking where dissent and originality get's crushed under the foot of the collective procrastination excuses. Many a good user has fled, myself only here like once a Month now due to this energy.

• Like 2

Bill Brodhi once was speaking about the different types of groups he would speak to on his various speaking engagements. He described Taoists as being some of the most "out there" and difficult to speak to due to having a "know it all" attitude. Interestingly he said his best audiences were Muslim.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nintendao said:

What bunch a bums!

This picture was generated as part of a Bing AI session comparing saints to xian.

I am not familiar with this (or other ) tech ... but on first sight that picture had a distinct quality of phoniness to me .

It totally looks to me like how some TDB threads can feel when grumpiness abates.

Can Bing AI show a picture of them being grumpy ?   Maybe that would look less phony ?

When I zoom in there's something slightly creepy about the eyes though.

and the toes .  Note the disconnection between those sitting lower with those sitting higher , looks like they having two separate parties there .

That's a common artifact of certain image processing style. I will think of it as saying everyone might be little bit blind anyway, but there are better things to focus on.

Better things to focus on might be 'reality'  and  sight , other than  getting AI to 'show us stuff'  .

-  from grumpy old man watching society slowly crumble  .... but you kids go have some fun though .

' I - pal ' 

399390-.jpg

26 minutes ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

Mashallah 

A curious thing .  It was Muslims that where first receptive to Hermetic Science when they first came upon it . It was virtually dying out . They picked it up and before long we had the beginnings of science, medicine, arts, architecture , etc   to a level we had never seen before .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Can Bing AI show a picture of them being grumpy ?   Maybe that would look less phony ?

dear Bing:

"can you show the picture of saints and xian hanging out together again, but make their eyes look better and some of them are grumpy"

xbums.thumb.jpg.adb935a93707604215dc5536d9952536.jpg

Haha what! yeh this thing can be very hit-or-miss. Maybe went for less photorealism this time to cover up for the phony factor. Uh oh some of them are off the wagon now. Bro on the left rocking a third arm :blink:

• Haha 3

2 of them have an extra arm and the gal in the red heels has very funny arms. But the overall look is good and I do like how he positioned the saints

• Like 2