7 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

It's the opposite, it's the top adapting to meet people's expectations, in order to stay relevant ( in terms of power ).

And that's what I was asking for your source for. Because your claim differs from the typical historical sources available.

2 minutes ago, Maddie said:

And that's what I was asking for your source for. Because your claim differs from the typical historical sources available.

It took some time to dig the other citation on someone not going to hell because they don't believe in Jesus took time to dig up.

Another citation in a different thread on Anapanasati also took time to dig.

I concluded digging citations is not a good use of my time, so I'm afraid no more citations going forward 🙂. Of course you're free to discard what I write because of that, but I don't plan to turn posts that take me 15 secs to write into chores, it's not a peer reviewed academic paper..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snowymountains said:

It took some time to dig the other citation on someone not going to hell because they don't believe in Jesus took time to dig up.

Another citation in a different thread on Anapanasati also took time to dig.

I concluded digging citations is not a good use of my time, so I'm afraid no more citations going forward 🙂. Of course you're free to discard what I write because of that, but I don't plan to turn posts that take me 15 secs to write into chores, it's not a peer reviewed academic paper..

I get it. We don't get paid for this LOL 😂🤭

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 1/8/2024 at 12:19 AM, Chang dao ling said:

I have a doubt. If Jesus really raise from death which level of immortal he would be according to Taoism?

I think he might be Spirit immortal there is also possibility he might be Golden immortal 

doubt is a possession  and not an easy one to have/keep, although in Zen with it's Koans I'd say doubt is put to good use. 

Pure Golden/White no doubt

Edited by old3bob

2 minutes ago, old3bob said:

doubt is a possession  and not an easy one to keep, although in Zen with it's Koans I'd say doubt is put to good use. 

Pure Golden/White no doubt

I don't think doubt is useful for its own sake. I prefer the Socratic method. Ask oneself why do I think I know what I know? Ask others why do you think you know what you know? Socrates pissed a lot of people off this way but he just wanted to know what was true.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maddie said:

I don't think doubt is useful for its own sake. I prefer the Socratic method. Ask oneself why do I think I know what I know? Ask others why do you think you know what you know? Socrates pissed a lot of people off this way but he just wanted to know what was true.

identification of ourselves as mind is inherent with doubt.  Mind can split hairs in half forever down to the sub-atomic levels but still never reach non-hair...

2 minutes ago, old3bob said:

identification of ourselves as mind is inherent with doubt.  Mind can split hairs in half forever down to the sub-atomic levels but still never reach non-hair...

Ok 🙂

On 1/4/2024 at 9:42 AM, Chang dao ling said:

Hi, in Bhavishya puran ( on of the 18 Books written by sage veda vyasa author of epic Mahabharata) their is a interesting story. King salivahana meet Jesus in Himalayas. Salivahana see a man radiating golden light near manas sarovar.

Salivahana: who are you?

Jesus: I am " Isha putra"  ( son of God) i take prophethood in order to teach Barbarians Dharma. I believe Jesus learns yoga from Indian yogis and attain samadhi. In manas sarovar 

What's your opinion dear bums?

https://atmanism.wordpress.com/2019/04/14/jesus-christ-in-the-bhavishya-purana/

Did Jesus visit India?  Obviously there's quite a gap in the story of Jesus between his birth and his ministry at 30 years or so - so who is to say what happened and where he went.  There's plenty of speculation - 'did those feet in ancient time walk upon Englands mountains green, and was the holy lamb of God in England pleasant pastures seen' ?  No, not even likely - but it still inspired a lot of people and created a kind of wish fulfilling myth for many.

So a travel to India via the silk route?  Possible - well yes in the sense of anything is possible - probable - no.  Surely it would have been mentioned or hinted at in the Gospels - while it was not.

Another idea is much more possible though.  Did Indian 'dharmic' thought permeate to the world in which Jesus grew up?  This is much more possible.  Although Jesus as a Jew is described as growing up in that culture, in the area where he lived at the Eastern side of the Roman Empire there was a high degree of Hellenisation - and culturally many cities were Greek in language and culture.  There is the Decapolis (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decapolis) for instance.  And we know that from the time of Alexandre the Great there was contact and culture that integrated influence from India including Buddhism.  If you read the history of Gandhara (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gandhara) you can see the mixing of Indo-Greek culture. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Buddhism).

There is the example of Pyrrho as a philosopher who brought Indian and Buddhist ideas back to the Greek world (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrho) - there is a book about him called 'The Greek Buddha' (https://press.princeton.edu/books/paperback/9780691176321/greek-buddha) .  So it is possible to build up a scenario where Jesus as a young man learned of these ways of thought and was influenced by them.  That he used them to reinterpret his own cultural tradition to produce his own teachings.

I am not saying this is what happened but just that it is more probable than Jesus travelling to India - that in a sense India travelled to him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Apech said:

I am not saying this is what happened but just that it is more probable than Jesus travelling to India - that in a sense India travelled to him.

This is a more probable theory.  In those days, there were so many perils on the long road and back.  And how he got teachings there?   It would be difficult to find a true teacher in Himalayas even we have planes and internet today.   It was quite likely he met someone with such knowledge, 2nd hand or 3rd hand.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maddie said:

What if I really throw a monkey wrench in the system and bring up the Mormon interpretation that Jesus went to North America? 🤭😂

*Isn't one unverifiable fact as good as another? 😉

- also if you disagree with me I'm going to assume it's because you're full of hate and anger because Dao Bums psychology. 😇

That isnt a monkey wrench , as  'the enlightened'  know there is direct access  (by inner earth UFO )  from Himalayas to North America .

image.png.b5c957493f4bcbe6c3cbfe112b2e4a99.png

he gets around , pops his head up here and there  .... if you had a big space hammer you could play 'wack a mole' .

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Maddie said:

I get it. We don't get paid for this LOL 😂🤭

True , but if one already knows what one is talking about , that would have come from previous study , references and comparisons  (if not ... does one really know what one is talking about ? )  and does not take much time at all .

I remember our 'Onanerous ' Drew Hemple arguing with me about  some pretty obvious  historical and archaeological research and theory regarding BMAC archaeology ,  Indo-Iranians  and related subjects . Of course, replete with insults, straw men, laughter , mocking .... " No such thing ! " and 'DBs psychology '  ,  etc .   Then I would refer him to  the source material .

he eventually called foul accusing me of having some type of modern super computer that could look things up and find references faster than he could .  :D

In a way he was right , as I was using ......  my brain and memory .... from what I had studied and referenced and collated  previously  and I already knew how to frame my questions and the location of the citations .  It would take me a few minutes to write reference and counter his obvious ignorance and sheer egotistical power tripping  attempt at uneducated  and untrained 'mental / academic  'fencing' . Then he would have to take a very long time  to find things on the internet , to back up his wrong opinion ... well of course that is gonna take a lot longer  :D 

he was arguing with me  within my field of specialty , in a subject he didnt even know existed !   (Not that I am accusing you guys of this .)

The above might sound like an ego trip in itself , but it it isnt  ..... it would be rather stupid of me , for example , to take on Coby in a debate about the meaning of Chinese texts   :D  .

Then there is  just the  banter  side of things  where talk about things  as 'uninformed opinion '   ..... sometimes the two things get confused .

• Wow 1

9 hours ago, old3bob said:

In my tradition it works the other way around ; mind 'splits' things in two ... but THEN  one sees both sides of the question, they are then combined to dispel illusion .

X+ X = 0

9 hours ago, Maddie said:

Ok 🙂

Its nice to know that split ends  dont go all the way to the roots and create baldness .

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Nungali said:

That isnt a monkey wrench , as  'the enlightened'  know there is direct access  (by inner earth UFO )  from Himalayas to North America .

image.png.b5c957493f4bcbe6c3cbfe112b2e4a99.png

he gets around , pops his head up here and there  .... if you had a big space hammer you could play 'wack a mole' .

Is this from a comic book or story? Please tell me some clown doesn't really believe this. 

8 minutes ago, Nungali said:

In my tradition it works the other way around ; mind 'splits' things in two ... but THEN  one sees both sides of the question, they are then combined to dispel illusion .

X+ X = 0

I'll have to ponder on that, in the meantime I'm losing hair and its mostly turned white,  I liked the gray& pepper stage better.

Just now, old3bob said:

I'll have to ponder on that, in the meantime I'm losing hair and its mostly turned white,  I liked the gray& pepper stage better.

He Shou Wu - best herb in TCM for hair health. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Maddie said:

Is this from a comic book or story? Please tell me some clown doesn't really believe this. 

Are you asking for a reference  ? 

:D 

Its hollow earth 'theory'   ;) 

I , unfortunately cannot comply with your request  :(     ;     " Please tell me some clown doesn't really believe this.  "

Just now, Nungali said:

Are you asking for a reference  ? 

:D 

Its hollow earth 'theory'   ;) 

I , unfortunately cannot comply with your request  :(     ;     " Please tell me some clown doesn't really believe this.  "

I wonder what it looks like when a hollow earther gets into a debate with a flat earther? The debate of the idiots lol 

Okay , I have had enough of this game now . 

Lets get real .... has anyone actually gone top the source material for this claim  ?  Its even posted in post 1 ;

Sorry to rain on the parade guys ... its been a fun parade .

Did Jesus go to  the Himalayas ?   NO .

The source material is a prediction of someone who is to come ; 

" . The Bhavishya Purana was originally written 5,000 years ago by the sage Vyasa, who was the compiler of the Vedic scriptures. Usually Puranas are historical narrations of universal events that happened in ancient times, but in the case of the Bhavishya Purana, Vyasa is providing a narration of events that will happen in the future, "

and

" Bhavishya Purana. Bhavishya means “future”, and Purana means “history”, so the name means the “history of the future”.

here is an interesting aside ;  " The people from Tittiri and Bahikaus who could assume any form at will. "   ... like ; ' a man radiating golden light ' who says '  I am " Isha putra"  ' .

I COULD go through the whole lot and expose this fallacy  more completely ... but hey .... I am not getting paid here .  ;)

Now ....  another question ;  Did Jesus time travel back to  5000 ya to appear in the Himalayas  ?

8 minutes ago, Maddie said:

I wonder what it looks like when a hollow earther gets into a debate with a flat earther? The debate of the idiots lol 

I guess it sounds like a huge ...

image.png.6c8f15c8a309399164ea8f2bf8b8e451.png

If I debate with a flat earther I use my main citational fact :

" Earth only be flat 'cause yo Momma been sittin' on it ! "

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Okay , I have had enough of this game now . 

Lets get real .... has anyone actually gone top the source material for this claim  ?  Its even posted in post 1 ;

Sorry to rain on the parade guys ... its been a fun parade .

Did Jesus go to  the Himalayas ?   NO .

The source material is a prediction of someone who is to come ; 

" . The Bhavishya Purana was originally written 5,000 years ago by the sage Vyasa, who was the compiler of the Vedic scriptures. Usually Puranas are historical narrations of universal events that happened in ancient times, but in the case of the Bhavishya Purana, Vyasa is providing a narration of events that will happen in the future, "

and

" Bhavishya Purana. Bhavishya means “future”, and Purana means “history”, so the name means the “history of the future”.

here is an interesting aside ;  " The people from Tittiri and Bahikaus who could assume any form at will. "   ... like ; ' a man radiating golden light ' who says '  I am " Isha putra"  ' .

I COULD go through the whole lot and expose this fallacy  more completely ... but hey .... I am not getting paid here .  ;)

Now ....  another question ;  Did Jesus time travel back to  5000 ya to appear in the Himalayas  ?

No no no, this is the Dao Bums, you're not supposed to use source material. You're supposed to just make claims that seem cool and that come to you while you're brushing your teeth, and then make personal attacks if someone questions the authenticity of your claim. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

What is the TCM medicine for Nasal cognition?

It would depend on the cause of the congestion. The most common cause is usually wind and even then there's several formulas but an example of one would be "Te Xiao Bi Min Gan Pian".

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

What is the TCM medicine for Nasal cognition?

Who nose?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1