1 hour ago, snowymountains said:

People believe all sorts of stuff for no objective reason at all

You're not wrong LOL 😂

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Yes

and what are there names, ss# number etc. of  equipment proven to measure chi magnitude and flow?  And I'm not talking about already made health instruments like an ekg, o2 meter, heart monitor, blood pressure, voltmeters, magnetic field meter, etc. being that they all could show readings caused by a dr.'s subjective suggestions to a patient or a patients psychosomatic reactions  expected by norms they have heard of from others...

Edited by old3bob

24 minutes ago, Maddie said:

You're not wrong LOL 😂

or people believe all sorts of stuff because they have verified it within selves beyond any doubt although they can not prove that or it to others since it is subjective to them beyond measurement by any form of 5 sense related instruments.  (and that is not rocket science)

12 minutes ago, old3bob said:

and what are there names ss# number etc of that equaipment that can measure chi magnitude and flow?  And I'm not talking about already made health instruments like an ekg, o2 meter, heart monitor, blood pressure,  etc. being that they could all show readings caused by a dr. subjective suggestions to a patient or a patients psychosomatic reactions  expected by norms they have heard of from others...

https://rejuvafresh.com/products/body-composition-analysis-machine?variant=44045213991130¤cy=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtOmsBhCnARIsAGPa5yYOedLLdo11JVoBuKeOeNeXgVjhTjTtx5C3ZAuqMGA11j-qSUXu8k4aApkWEALw_wcB

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Maddie said:

4 links on the same machine that proves nothing about chi?

I'd put more stock in one those aura reading machines but the same idea about psychosomatic input/out put by a persons body could make it show something. 

Edited by old3bob

20 minutes ago, old3bob said:

4 links on the same machine that proves nothing about chi?

I'd put more stock in one those aura reading machines but the same idea about psychosomatic input/out put by a persons body could make it show something. 

I don't particularly like the machines I was just trying to answer your question if they existed.

1 hour ago, Maddie said:

I don't particularly like the machines I was just trying to answer your question if they existed.

ok but with the added implication from posted context earlier that you believe they are proven to measure chi flow and magnitude besides just existing,  just as many other unproven things exist. (like various electronic gadgets sold on the market  in 30's and 40's said to cure this and that but did not )

6 hours ago, snowymountains said:

Of course, this works, what's odd about it?

Eh ?   Did I infer It was 'odd' ?    It  did 'work' , I was saying , for her  . .....  for a while .

6 hours ago, snowymountains said:

If she did psychodynamic therapy and did regressions or bridges, wouldn't she "overwrite" all her traumatic memories and typically insert an ally in the "overwrite", why wouldn't having Jesus as the ally not help her in exactly the same way?

Well, for a while , when she was doing 'the steps' ,  ( at least that seemed some type of 'acknowledgement'  she did come to me and apologise for being such a bitch and acknowledging how  good and patient  I had been with her  .   That surprised me . 

But turns out she later dumped Jesus later . .. .  maybe he wasnt 'convenient' for her any more ? 

I think she is some type of pagan conspiracy theorist now .

Spoiler

The best part of that story though is her son .  I had positive input there when he was 2 - 4  ,  he was often in a bad situation ; domestic and (psychological ) abuse . My philosophy is if I can give them good energy and protection and development help, and no one fucks them up by 3 , they have a much better chance , and a much better chance to deal with it if it arises later .

It worked a charm with him . When a greater danger threatened  at about age 6 , he responded  as I had tried to subtly  coach him , thus  disempowering  and not allowing a  a potential abuser .  Now ?  he is a strapping young handsome man ,  got a good career opportunity and doing good in that , got a beaut GF and just recently , his own baby ... he is absolutely over the Moon  and in love with him. Thinks its the best thing that ever happened to him .

Yay ! 

• Like 1

Anyway folks .... let's get back on track ;

Jesus in the Himalayas ;

image.png.50ea5048d448bab43a134bfe8f8c1d6b.png

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Anyway folks .... let's get back on track ;

Jesus in the Himalayas ;

image.png.50ea5048d448bab43a134bfe8f8c1d6b.png

nah, that is Babaji in his domain.  And he can fly up that mtn. if he wants to.

the best machine to measure chi flow and magnitude is a human being/body that is sensitive enough and fortunate, but they also can not prove same to another -- and if they tried to force proof on someone then they are asking for a shitload of karma.

I have a doubt. If Jesus really raise from death which level of immortal he would be according to Taoism?

I think he might be Spirit immortal there is also possibility he might be Golden immortal 

10 hours ago, old3bob said:

why do say most actions by Jesus were only symbolic?  As i see it most of his actions were down to the brass tacks and the nitty gritty,

no wishy washy or half guessing it.  Granted there were a lot of metaphor type stories but I wouldn't equate such with just debatable symbolism.

I have never said that most actions by Jesus were "only symbolic". I don't know how you interpret the word symbolic old3bob but to me symbolic isn't something inferior or less real. Take for example the time he kicked the sellers out of the temple... If you point the finger outside you'll think " he did the right thing chasing those sellers outside of the temple". If you notice the symbolism of the action and point the finger to yourself you'll think " I do understand that I am God's temple so I should clean it before Jesus does".

6 hours ago, old3bob said:

or people believe all sorts of stuff because they have verified it within selves beyond any doubt although they can not prove that or it to others since it is subjective to them beyond measurement by any form of 5 sense related instruments.  (and that is not rocket science)

What others called divination experiences, Jung interpreted using his archetypes, collective subconscious, psychoid.

One may see a vivid dream where they are in a mirror of the physical world and call it astral projection another one may interpret it differently or may say it was just a dream.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter imo, the interpretation of spiritual experiences is subjective, the concepts for describing them are just words that have meaning only within an approximate mental model/spirituality framework.

Which is totally fine, they're still something very valuable.

There's no value deduction due to lack of objectivity.

Posted (edited)

What if I really throw a monkey wrench in the system and bring up the Mormon interpretation that Jesus went to North America? 🤭😂

*Isn't one unverifiable fact as good as another? 😉

- also if you disagree with me I'm going to assume it's because you're full of hate and anger because Dao Bums psychology. 😇

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, snowymountains said:

That cannot even be a verifiable fact. There simply was no census with accurate religious belief data.

Then why did you make a claim about the religious state of the Roman empire?

51 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Then why did you make a claim about the religious state of the Roman empire?

I made the claim that it adopted Christianity, which it did, Christianity went viral, it was a bottom-up adoption, not a top-down one.

The executive branch only adopted Christianity when it needed to, there was no other way to claim legitimacy and also no other way than being an insider if they wanted to have a say on the dogma and customs of the people in the empire [*].

[*] Allegedly it was Constantine the Great who ousted reincarnation as he thought people would not behave if they believed they'll get more chances in a later life.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Maddie said:

What if I really throw a monkey wrench in the system and bring up the Mormon interpretation that Jesus went to North America? 🤭😂

*Isn't one unverifiable fact as good as another? 😉

- also if you disagree with me I'm going to assume it's because you're full of hate and anger because Dao Bums psychology. 😇

The harder part is not only to create a religious dogma though, but have people to buy into it too.

People at the time bought into resurrection as it was part of teachings that resonated with them.

In terms of interpretations in general, there's just no unique POV. 

If you see a vivid dream with deities you can interpret it as being symbolic, as being divination, as having eater rotten food the night before, as meaningless, as connected to recent events, as connected to your childhood as many things tbh.

Remember this isn't a repeatable experiment, it's a one-off experience, so there can only be many interpretations and they can only be subjective.

Edited by snowymountains

15 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

I made the claim that it adopted Christianity, which it did, Christianity went viral, it was a bottom-up adoption, not a top-down one.

The executive branch only adopted Christianity when it needed to, there was no other way to claim legitimacy and also no other way than being an insider if they wanted to have a say on the dogma and customs of the people in the empire [*].

[*] Allegedly it was Constantine the Great who ousted reincarnation as he thought people would not behave if they believed they'll get more chances in a later life.

What are your sources for these claims?

Just now, Maddie said:

What are your sources for these claims?

The decisions of their politicians, they tend to be practical about what will keep them in power, also by trade very well informed and realistic in their assessments.

Constantine the Great is a good example.

16 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

The decisions of their politicians, they tend to be practical about what will keep them in power, also by trade very well informed and realistic in their assessments.

Constantine the Great is a good example.

That seems to support a top-down approach.

• Like 1

Just now, Maddie said:

That seems to support a top-down approach.

It's the opposite, it's the top adapting to meet people's expectations, in order to stay relevant ( in terms of power ).