Ā 

On 26/11/2023 at 9:54 PM, Taoist Texts said:

ā€¦Ā Confucianism is "Laoism" ā€¦

Where do you seeĀ anĀ overlap with Laoism? I thought the ethics were very different.Ā :ph34r:

Ā 

Edited by Cobie

6 hours ago, Cobie said:

Where do you seeĀ anĀ overlap with Laoism? I thought the ethics were very different.Ā :ph34r:

ꗠäøŗ而ꈐ without any effort, it accomplishes its ends.ꗠäøŗ而ē‰©ęˆļ¼Œę˜Æ天道也 making (all) things complete without doing anything - that is the way of Heaven.
Ā 

Ā 

Daoist ethics tends to emphasize various themes from the Daoist classics, such as naturalness (pu), spontaneity (ziran), simplicity, detachment from desires, and most important of all, wu wei.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taoism

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2

On 23/12/2023 at 9:20 AM, Taoist Texts said:

I find it hard to see a connection between these quotes, and the later Confucianism that imposes all kinds of restrictions. Just like thereā€™s Laozi-ism vs later Taoism, would you say thereā€™s alsoĀ Confucianism vs later Confused-ianism?

Ā 

Edited by Cobie
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cobie said:

I find it hard to see a connection between these quotes, and the later Confucianism that imposes all kinds of restrictions. Just like thereā€™s Laozi-ism vs later Taoism, would you say thereā€™s alsoĀ Confucianism vs later Confused-ianism?

Ā 

Ā 

8 hours ago, Cobie said:

no there is not. you see people think that wu-wei is some kind of happy-go-lucky pink unicorn idyll. but in the real world wu-wei is based on very tight restrictions.Ā Ā https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Way_of_the_Five_Pecks_of_Rice#Organization

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nungali said:

No its family jewelsĀ  that are 'euniched'Ā  ... the horn is leftĀ  .....Ā  and its pink .

Ā 

What on earth did I walk into? lolĀ :blink:

3 hours ago, Cobie said:

image.jpeg.edf218e4508e8bd17edbd40f6459c76e.jpeg

If you had to suffer from any personality disorder, you'd prefer it to be the one with the same name as a flower.

Edited by whocoulditbe?

2 hours ago, Cobie said:

@Taoist TextsĀ is this true?

Ā a broken clock is right twice a day. yes there is such a phrase. of course those who parrot it have no clue what it means

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cobie said:

Ā 

@Taoist TextsĀ what does it mean ā€œThe goal of alchemy is to shed all Yinā€?

can't tell you concretely because it is a technical secret but basically it means to join with the dao. in the process the yin is not shed, on the contrary it is gained. as usual the outsiders get the idea totally opposite to the real thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

my interpretations and judgementsĀ are quite possibly unsubstantiated. soā€¦ donā€™t mind me.
Ā 

(noĀ pun intended.)

Edited by S:C