Apech

Unpopular Opinions

8 hours ago, oak said:

Yes, and no noticeable difference in taste. My interprrtaion of it is that it was a genetically modified watermelon and I should have been warned before buying it. Are you telling me it is a natural thing?

image.png.537f8ce8a079a9cc867970ffbe847792.png

8 hours ago, Apech said:

Life is a cabinet my friend and its full of frozen peas.

I'd check inside first .

Just now, Nungali said:

image.png.537f8ce8a079a9cc867970ffbe847792.png

Those I knew about. The Japanese make them grow in plastic boxes.

5 minutes ago, oak said:

Those I knew about. The Japanese make them grow in plastic boxes.

Actually it's metal cages

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

image.png.5c8d9ad4de9b40627e44d38eba1fc284.png

Like something you'd see at an Austin Powers partay 

"Shyqedelic, babyy" 

Somewhere in the universe cuboid watermelon life forms are discussing the varieties of humanoid.  FACT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 8/23/2023 at 5:12 AM, Apech said:

Somewhere in the universe cuboid watermelon life forms are discussing the varieties of humanoid.  FACT.

I find that opinion distasteful, and I hope it's unpopular!

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Mark Foote said:

This thread should go on forever.  Almost every opinion is unpopular to somebody...

Popular unpopular opinions 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Here's an unpopular opinion:  The Beatles weren't all that great.

~runs away~

For all the haters who want to mess with the Beatles stellar reputation, three words: Let It Be.

• Haha 1

I perused a bit of news this morning.  It's been a minute.

One thing seems pretty consistent, presenting opinion as fact is still going strong.

I realized quickly I should have followed Paul's advice... :wub:

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Here's an unpopular opinion:  The Beatles weren't all that great.

~runs away~

Funnily enough - and I speak as a English person - I have found it hard to find anyone in my compatriots or even other countries who actually likes the Beatles.  I think they have their place in music history in the sense of what happened in the early sixties but beyond that I would never choose to listen to a Beatles song.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, silent thunder said:

I perused a bit of news this morning.  It's been a minute.

One thing seems pretty consistent, presenting opinion as fact is still going strong.

I realized quickly I should have followed Paul's advice... :wub:

I read the news today, oh boy ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

For all the haters who want to mess with the Beatles stellar reputation, three words: Let It Be.

I object, your honor.  I am a hugger, not slugger.  Or at least that is my aspiration.

That said... exhibit A.  8:22 minutes of... "I don't know what"  Is it music?  See below:

Spoiler

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I am a hugger, not slugger. 

I know.  I appreciate your peaceful nature.  Following your inspiration, I'm trying to be kind myself.  When I first hit upon the idea of using some Beatles lyrics in my reply to you, I considered that wonderful line...Maxwell's silver hammer came down upon his head.  I think we can all agree that let it be was a better choice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I object, your honor.  I am a hugger, not slugger.  Or at least that is my aspiration.

That said... exhibit A.  8:22 minutes of... "I don't know what"  Is it music?  See below:

Reveal hidden contents

If it was inspired by a Muse then it is music.

1 minute ago, liminal_luke said:

I know.  I appreciate your peaceful nature.  Following your inspiration, I'm trying to be kind myself.  When I first hit upon the idea of using some Beatles lyrics in my reply to you, I considered that wonderful line...Maxwell's silver hammer came down upon his head.  I think we can all agree that let it be was a better choice.

I feel in a deep sense that given the immersive nature of reality and that we follow the middle way to knowledge - we all live in a yellow submarine.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Apech said:

I feel in a deep sense that given the immersive nature of reality and that we follow the middle way to knowledge - we all live in a yellow submarine.

Speak for yourself! I live in a spaceship!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Apech said:

You're probably right but I'm tired of philosophy.  Late in life, after decades of countercultural spiritual searching and countless  6,133 now-forgotten forum posts, I'm finally coming around to a more conventional view of what's important in life.  Money -- that's what I want.

Money - The Beatles (LYRICS/LETRA) [Original] (+ Video) - YouTube

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Oh yes.  However, I cannot help but consider Let it Be a Mcartney song.  The first thing that popped into my head just now when trying to think of a beatles song, something that my brain considers typical was, "... lovely rita meter-maid ... "  Of course there's also "I am the apeman... OOOOh.  I am the ApeMan OOOOOh.  I AM the Walrus!!!!! CooCooCachooCooCooCachoo."

Oooh. I love that.  I just got chills.  I AM the walrus.

Probably my favorite Beatles song, is so typical, for me, for my personality.  The grit, the grungy-distortion, the foolish-optimism, the primal hollar at the beginning. Have you guessed it? 

Spoiler

.... funny thay my fav and least fav are both 'revolutions'  that's a full circle.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Apech said:

DBs Beatles songs:

Eleanor Rigpa 

Get bagua to where you once belonged

If I'm not missing something, in all of the history of rock music only one guy attempted to tackle something taoist before you -- Syd Barrett. 

Pink Floyd lost everything when he was lost. I guess the I Ching-LSD combo was Chapter 65 -- "The Point of No Return."   

• Like 1