Wilhelm

On the nature and utility of 'goal posts' in meditative and energetic practice

On the nature and utility of 'goal posts' in meditative and energetic arts  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How do you view the classical descriptions of accomplishment in the meditative and/or energetic arts that you practice? (i.e. Arhatship, Immortality, Rainbow Body etc. or even any of the Siddhi)

• The classics give literal descriptions of the various attainments
    • The classics give metaphorical or at least non-literal descriptions of the various attainments
    • I don't know
    • Other

2 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

my humble expertise fails me miserably on this exaltedĀ  topic so i cannot name them. What does it mean name them? Lights have special names? Or the underlying phenomena do?

The latter.

Ā 

I donā€™t think itā€™s exaltedā€¦ You just made an assertion that you understand the phenomena Iā€™ve talked about.

Ā 

Iā€™m just questioning whether you actually do - or youā€™re just saying stuff :)Ā 

Ā 

PS - phenomena are not particularly important for me - itā€™s just what you two seem to be most interested in hereā€¦

Ā 

Though now Iā€™m asking for more of your understandings, and you get all coyĀ about itĀ :lol:

Edited by freeform
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, freeform said:

They both have classical names.

Classical the names might be, but not singular

4 hours ago, freeform said:

If youĀ name the first and 4th light phenomena,

if by the 1st you mean the light that appears first in the alch. process then is associated with sharira and moonshineĀ 

image.png.13f2e0df8ab18b6400ff52ceb23edb6b.png

Ā 

image.png.3d92b3fc235e0394b1abef717f43cd41.png

č‹„čˆåˆ©č¶³ļ¼Œč€ŒčŸ¾å…‰ēŽ°

Once the qi lair issues light it means that ā€˜in the empty room there is a white light (Zhuang-zhou åŗ„å‘Ø)ā€™ the sharira is completed

When the sharira is ready a moonshine appears,

Ā 

Ā 

Quite amusing how we had that epic thread about visualization and how un-Daoist it was, and now it turns out thereā€™s all this visual stuff going on in nei danĀ practiceā€¦ šŸ˜‚

Ā 

After all visualization doesnā€™t have to imply effort or artifice. It can just mean visualize, in the sense of ā€œseeā€.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Quite amusing how we had that epic thread about visualization and how un-Daoist it was, and now it turns out thereā€™s all this visual stuff going on in nei danĀ practiceā€¦ šŸ˜‚

Ā 

After all visualization doesnā€™t have to imply effort or artifice. It can just mean visualize, in the sense of ā€œseeā€.

I would have thought this came up there at least once... I think the stance taken by the three people discussing the phenomena is that they occur naturally as a consequence of ones development, they aren't formed by mental action (and in every definition of visualization I just checked there was an implication of mental action)

• Like 1

Visualization, MerriamĀ Webster: to make visible

Ā 

In this case, the practice is making it visible apparentlyā€¦

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Visualization, MerriamĀ Webster: to make visible

Ā 

In this case, the practice is making it visible apparentlyā€¦

Hmmm... I wonder if the gang would agree with such a notion.Ā  If they did, it would imply direct causation as opposed to a spontaneous occurrence from maintaining the correct conditions/prerequisites, which would be interesting.

Edited by Wilhelm

5 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

if by the 1st you mean the light that appears first in the alch. process then is associated with sharira and moonshineĀ 

Ā 

No - thatā€™s not what it wasā€¦ something quite different.

Ā 

By 1st I meant my description here:Ā 

1 -Ā white light like snow envelops the inner vision from around the sidesā€¦ fills the vision. After, when I openĀ my eyes all I canĀ see is white for several hours. Slowly the white receded and it was like looking through fog.

Ā 

Edited by freeform

2 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Ā 

Totally.

Ā 

Its a silly thing to focus on anyway - even if itā€™s uncontrived and not imagined.

Any phenomena are unimportantā€¦ not visual phenomena, not kinestheticā€¦ not auditoryā€¦Ā 

Ā 

I almost never talk about them for thatĀ reason.

Ā 

My teacher doesnā€™t use visual phenomena as signs of attainment eitherĀ - heā€™s more interested in physical/physiological transformation as that indicates complete transformation to him. As I mentioned many times - there are specific tests for thisā€¦
Ā 

I disagree with Awaken or TT thatĀ these phenomenaĀ denote theĀ achievement of the various levels of alchemyā€¦ it may be an indicator of a process - but the transformation is quite literal and must extend from the spiritual and energetic all the way into theĀ manifest realm if theyā€™re genuine and ā€˜completeā€™ā€¦ every true transformation happens on every level of oneā€™s being.

Ā 

When I see phenomena being discussed at length (just like with Ingram) I know the ones discussing it are low level transfer method peasantsĀ B)

Ā 

(I should really come up with my own term to denigrate others withā€¦ afterall Awaken said that when your heart opens like hers is - this is how one must behave šŸ˜¬)

Edited by freeform
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, freeform said:

Ā 

(I should really come up with my own term to denigrate others withā€¦ afterall Awaken said that when your heart opens like hers is - this is how one must behave šŸ˜¬)

Ā 

I consider myself lucky to have known you, if only virtually, at this precious and fleeting state of your development.Ā  Advanced enough to be knowledgeable, innocent enough to be kind.Ā  In time you're sure toĀ progress to the point where you start hitting your spiritual inferiors with a cane and muttering "low level" under your breath.Ā Ā 

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, liminal_luke said:

Ā 

I consider myself lucky to have known you, if only virtually, at this precious and fleeting state of your development.Ā  Advanced enough to be knowledgeable, innocent enough to be kind.Ā  In time you're sure toĀ progress to the point where you start hitting you spiritual inferiors with a cane and muttering "low level" under your breath.Ā Ā 

Donā€™t forget about the sneaky fake qi masters who give people the license to carry (concealed or open will dependĀ on the state you are in of course).Ā 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

it also depends on the age.Ā ä»Šäŗŗ采čÆļ¼Œå°‘å¹“č€…åŠå¹“å·„å¤«ļ¼Œäø­å¹“者äø€å¹“巄夫ļ¼Œč€äŗŗé”»äø‰å¹“巄夫

Ā 

Ā 

I have the writing premise, the gifted one. The old man has already lost more than half of his talent. If it is a talented teenager, like me who started practicing before the age of 20, my little medicine didn't take time, it was almost there from the beginning. The same is true of my son, who was born with small medicines. Some of my students have been able to see the light since childhood. However, among my students, there are also old people who have practiced for four or five years and still have no small medicine. There are quite a lot of variables. But there is still an approximate average.

Ā 

ꈑ꜉åÆ«å‰ęļ¼Œęœ‰å¤©č³¦ēš„äŗŗ怂

老äŗŗē®—ę˜Æå·²ē¶“失去äø€å¤§åŠå¤©č³¦äŗ†ć€‚
å¦‚ęžœę˜Æäø€å€‹ęœ‰å¤©č³¦ēš„少幓ļ¼Œåƒęˆ‘äøåˆ°äŗŒåę­²å°±é–‹å§‹ē·“ļ¼Œęˆ‘ēš„å°č—„ę˜Æę²’ęœ‰čŠ±ę™‚é–“ēš„ļ¼Œå¹¾ä¹Žę˜Æäø€é–‹å§‹ē·“å°±ęœ‰ć€‚

ęˆ‘å…’å­ä¹Ÿę˜Æ同ęØ£ēš„ęƒ…ę³ļ¼Œå¤©ē”Ÿå°±ē”¢ē”Ÿå°č—„怂

ꈑēš„å­øē”Ÿä¹Ÿęœ‰å¾žå°å°±äø€ē›“ēœ‹å¾—到光ēš„äŗŗ怂

äøéŽęˆ‘ēš„å­øē”Ÿč£”é¢ä¹Ÿęœ‰č€äŗŗē·“äŗ†å››äŗ”幓還ę˜Æę²’ęœ‰å°č—„ć€‚
變ę•øč »å¤šēš„怂
但ę˜Æ還ę˜Æ꜉äø€å€‹å¤§ē“„ēš„平均ę•ø怂

5 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

Classical the names might be, but not singular

image.png.13f2e0df8ab18b6400ff52ceb23edb6b.png

Ā 

image.png.3d92b3fc235e0394b1abef717f43cd41.png

č‹„čˆåˆ©č¶³ļ¼Œč€ŒčŸ¾å…‰ēŽ°

Once the qi lair issues light it means that ā€˜in the empty room there is a white light (Zhuang-zhou åŗ„å‘Ø)ā€™ the sharira is completed

When the sharira is ready a moonshine appears,

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

You say this is "empty room makes white".
The Freeform phenomenon is not this.
"Empty room grows white" is the marrow of a rabbit, and he hasn't had it yet.

Ā 

ä½ č¬›é€™å€‹ę˜Æć€Œč™›å®¤ē”Ÿē™½ć€ć€‚
Freeformēš„ē¾č±”äøę˜Æé€™å€‹ć€‚
ć€Œč™›å®¤ē”Ÿē™½ć€ę˜Æ兔髓ļ¼Œä»–é‚„ę²’ęœ‰ć€‚

Ā 

"Empty rooms give birth to whiteness" is at least the moonlight of the rabbit's marrow, or the great full moon of the big mandala.
In fact, I personally prefer the big full moon defined as the big mandala, because the appearance of this big full moon will be accompanied by other related phenomena, and you will be very clear that a major breakthrough has been made.

That's why I often say that the transfer method has distorted too many alchemy terms, and "empty room produces whiteness" is also one of the distorted terms.

Ā 

ć€Œč™›å®¤ē”Ÿē™½ć€č‡³å°‘ę˜Æ兔髓ēš„ęœˆå…‰ļ¼Œęˆ–者ę˜Æå¤§ę›¼é™€ē¾…ēš„å¤§åœ“ęœˆć€‚
其åÆ¦ęˆ‘å€‹äŗŗęÆ”č¼ƒå‚¾å‘å®šē¾©ē‚ŗå¤§ę›¼é™€ē¾…ēš„å¤§åœ“ęœˆļ¼Œå› ē‚ŗé€™å€‹å¤§åœ“ęœˆēš„å‡ŗē¾ļ¼Œęœƒä¼“éšØ其他ē›ø關ēš„ē¾č±”ļ¼Œä½ č‡Ŗå·±ęœƒéžåøøęø…ę„šå·²ē¶“ęœ‰äŗ†é‡å¤§ēŖē “怂

ę‰€ä»„ęˆ‘ęœƒē¶“åøøčŖŖę¬é‹ę³•ę‰­ę›²äŗ†å¤Ŗ多äø¹é“åč©žļ¼Œć€Œč™›å®¤ē”Ÿē™½ć€ä¹Ÿę˜Æč¢«ę‰­ę›²ēš„åč©žä¹‹äø€ć€‚

Edited by awaken

Totally.

Ā 

Its a silly thing to focus on anyway - even if itā€™s uncontrived and not imagined.

Any phenomena are unimportantā€¦ not visual phenomena, not kinestheticā€¦ not auditoryā€¦Ā 

Ā 

I almost never talk about them for thatĀ reason.

Ā 

My teacher doesnā€™t use visual phenomena as signs of attainment eitherĀ - heā€™s more interested in physical/physiological transformation as that indicates complete transformation to him. As I mentioned many times - there are specific tests for thisā€¦
Ā 

I disagree with Awaken or TT thatĀ these phenomenaĀ denote theĀ achievement of the various levels of alchemyā€¦ it may be an indicator of a process - but the transformation is quite literal and must extend from the spiritual and energetic all the way into theĀ manifest realm if theyā€™re genuine and ā€˜completeā€™ā€¦ every true transformation happens on every level of oneā€™s being.

Ā 

When I see phenomena being discussed at length (just like with Ingram) I know the ones discussing it are low level transfer method peasantsĀ B)

Ā 

Ā 

Not a visual phenomenon, but a third eye phenomenon.
Get to the point where the grass forms a circle when you look at it.
This is one of the symptoms of black liver.
The light like rabbit marrow appears in a state where consciousness has disappeared. At that time, there is no sense of sight, hearing, or touch.

Those who have not achieved it are not qualified to choose to believe or not to believe.
It should be achieved by yourself before you are qualified to choose to believe or not to believe.

The Danjing does not use light as a single indicator, nor have I ever used light as a single indicator.

Using light as a single indicator is very misleading.
Although a phenomenon like Freeform is white light, it is not "whiteness created by a void", because its "sequence" is inconsistent.

Ā 

äøę˜Æ視č¦ŗē¾č±”ļ¼Œę˜Æē¬¬äø‰ēœ¼ēš„ē¾č±”怂
ē·“到äø€å€‹ē؋åŗ¦ļ¼Œē•¶ä½ ēœ‹č‘—č‰åœ°ēš„ę™‚å€™ļ¼Œč‰åœ°å°±ęœƒå½¢ęˆäø€å€‹åœ“å½¢ć€‚
這ę˜Æēƒč‚ēš„ē¾č±”之äø€ć€‚
像兔髓ēš„å…‰ļ¼Œę˜Æå‡ŗē¾åœØę„č­˜å·²ē¶“ę¶ˆå¤±ēš„ē‹€ę…‹ļ¼Œé‚£ę™‚候ę˜Æę²’ęœ‰č¦–č¦ŗļ¼Œč½č¦ŗļ¼Œč§øč¦ŗ怂

ę²’ęœ‰é”åˆ°ēš„äŗŗę²’ęœ‰č³‡ę ¼éø꓇ē›øäæ”ꈖ者äøē›øäæ”怂
ę‡‰č©²ę˜Æč‡Ŗ己達到äŗ†ļ¼Œę‰ęœ‰č³‡ę ¼éø꓇ē›øäæ”ꈖ者äøē›øäæ”怂

äø¹ē¶“ę²’ęœ‰ä½æē”Ø光作ē‚ŗ單äø€ęŒ‡ęؙļ¼Œęˆ‘ä¹Ÿå¾žä¾†ę²’ęœ‰ä½æē”Ø光作ē‚ŗ單äø€ęŒ‡ęØ™ć€‚

ä½æē”Ø光作ē‚ŗ單äø€ęŒ‡ęؙļ¼Œę˜Æ非åøøå®¹ę˜“čŖ¤č§£ēš„怂
像Freeformēš„ē¾č±”雖ē„¶ę˜Æē™½å…‰ļ¼Œä½†ę˜Æ卻äøę˜Æć€Œč™›å®¤ē”Ÿē™½ć€ļ¼Œå› ē‚ŗ他ēš„ć€Œę¬”ē¬¬ć€ę˜Æäøē¬¦åˆēš„怂

Ā 

Ā 

Focusing on physiological phenomena is the primary "qi", which belongs to the level of touch, water and fire.
But light belongs to the level of metal and wood, not the same level.

Ā 

專ę³Øę–¼ē”Ÿē†ē¾č±”ę˜Æ初ē“šēš„ć€Œę°£ć€ļ¼Œå±¬ę–¼č§øč¦ŗļ¼Œę°“和ē«ēš„å±¤ę¬”怂
č€Œå…‰ę˜Æå±¬ę–¼é‡‘å’ŒęœØēš„å±¤ę¬”ļ¼Œäøę˜Æ同äø€å€‹å±¤ę¬”怂

Edited by awaken

4 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

I would have thought this came up there at least once... I think the stance taken by the three people discussing the phenomena is that they occur naturally as a consequence of ones development, they aren't formed by mental action (and in every definition of visualization I just checked there was an implication of mental action)

Ā 

Not mental activity.

You have not achieved it, and many of these things you said are misunderstandings.

Ā 

äøę˜Æåæƒē†ę“»å‹•ć€‚

ä½ ę²’ęœ‰é”åˆ°ļ¼Œä½ č¬›é€™äŗ›å¾ˆå¤šéƒ½ę˜ÆčŖ¤č§£ć€‚

Ā 

Normal people can see it in a hundred days. I really can't understand why you would rather stand outside the door and guess, but don't want to spend a hundred days in the door to understand.

Ā 

ę­£åøøäŗŗ花äø€ē™¾å¤©å°±čƒ½ēœ‹åˆ°ļ¼Œęˆ‘åƦåœØē„”ę³•ē†č§£ä½ ē‚ŗ什éŗ¼åƧ锘ē«™åœØ門外äŗ‚ēŒœļ¼Œå»äøé”˜ę„čŠ±äø€ē™¾å¤©é€²åŽ»é–€å…§äŗ†č§£ć€‚

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The emergence of black liver has no clear flow of thoughts.
The rabbit's marrow was already in a deep sleep, without consciousness.
I really have no way to explain to those who have not achieved what it means to have depth perception without mental activities.
These are the contents of samadhi, not the mental activities in the conscious state.

Ā 

ēƒč‚ēš„ē”¢ē”Ÿå·²ē¶“ę˜Æę²’ęœ‰ä»€éŗ¼ęø…ę„šēš„åæµé ­ęµå‹•äŗ†ć€‚
å…”é«“ę›“ę˜Æčŗ«é«”å·²ē¶“完å…Øę²ˆē”äŗ†ļ¼Œę²’ęœ‰ę„č­˜äŗ†ć€‚
ꈑåƦåœØę²’č¾¦ę³•č·Ÿę²’ęœ‰é”ęˆēš„äŗŗ講什éŗ¼å«åšę²’ęœ‰åæƒē†ę“»å‹•é‚„čƒ½ęœ‰ę·±åŗ¦č¦ŗ怂
這äŗ›éƒ½ę˜Æå±¬ę–¼äø‰ę‘©åœ°ēš„內容ļ¼Œäøę˜Æꄏ識ē‹€ę…‹äø‹ēš„åæƒē†ę“»å‹•ć€‚

Edited by awaken
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, awaken said:

Ā 

Not mental activity.

You have not achieved it, and many of these things you said are misunderstandings.

Ā 

äøę˜Æåæƒē†ę“»å‹•ć€‚

ä½ ę²’ęœ‰é”åˆ°ļ¼Œä½ č¬›é€™äŗ›å¾ˆå¤šéƒ½ę˜ÆčŖ¤č§£ć€‚

Ā 

Normal people can see it in a hundred days. I really can't understand why you would rather stand outside the door and guess, but don't want to spend a hundred days in the door to understand.

Ā 

ę­£åøøäŗŗ花äø€ē™¾å¤©å°±čƒ½ēœ‹åˆ°ļ¼Œęˆ‘åƦåœØē„”ę³•ē†č§£ä½ ē‚ŗ什éŗ¼åƧ锘ē«™åœØ門外äŗ‚ēŒœļ¼Œå»äøé”˜ę„čŠ±äø€ē™¾å¤©é€²åŽ»é–€å…§äŗ†č§£ć€‚

Were saying the same thing again šŸ˜… I think the translation didn't work very well here.

Ā 

I'm sure I have plenty of other misunderstandings though.Ā  The system I practice is obviously very different from Dan Dao.

Ā 

I think you are very skilled and I appreciate you explaining everything in detail but to answer your question I'm happy with what I'm learning and not looking to add new methods right now.

Edited by Wilhelm

7 minutes ago, Wilhelm said:

Were saying the same thing again šŸ˜… I think the translation didn't work very well here.

Ā 

I'm sure I have plenty of other misunderstandings though.Ā  The system I practice is obviously very different from Dan Dao.

Ā 

Ā 

The transfer method originally misunderstood Dan Dao too seriously.

That's why I say that one needs to read the classics and not listen to the nonsense of qigong masters.

That's why I will write classic explanations in my second book.

If it's not helpful to talk like this, I already want to drop these discussions and go straight to my third book.

For the third book, I plan to write Lu Zu's poems.

Many nouns in the transfer method come from Lu Zu's poems. They use Lu Zu's nouns, but seriously distort the meaning of the nouns.

Ā 

ę¬é‹ę³•ęœ¬ä¾†å°±čŖ¤č§£äø¹é“å¤Ŗ嚓重äŗ†ć€‚

ę‰€ä»„ę‰čŖŖäø€å€‹äŗŗéœ€č¦ēœ‹ē¶“å…øļ¼Œäøč¦č½ę°£åŠŸå¤§åø«äŗ‚講怂

ę‰€ä»„ęˆ‘ē¬¬äŗŒęœ¬ę›øꉍ꜃åÆ«ē¶“å…øč§£é‡‹ć€‚

å¦‚ęžœé€™ęØ£č¬›ę²’ä»€éŗ¼ē”Ø處ļ¼Œęˆ‘å·²ē¶“ęƒ³č¦ę”¾äø‹é€™äŗ›čØŽč«–ļ¼Œē›“ęŽ„åŽ»åÆ«ęˆ‘ēš„ē¬¬äø‰ęœ¬ę›øäŗ†ć€‚

ē¬¬äø‰ęœ¬ę›øꈑꉓē®—åƫ呂ē„–ēš„詩怂

ę¬é‹ę³•å¾ˆå¤šåč©žä¾†č‡Ŗę–¼å‘‚ē„–ēš„č©©ļ¼Œä»–們ä½æē”Øäŗ†å‘‚ē„–ēš„åč©žļ¼Œå»åš“重äŗ†ę‰­ę›²ēš„åč©žēš„含ē¾©ć€‚

Ā 

Your misunderstanding does not come from you personally, but from the system created by the transfer practitioners you come into contact with.
But you are also an individual, and you have free will to go your own way.

Ā 

ä½ ēš„čŖ¤č§£äøę˜Æ來č‡Ŗę–¼ä½ å€‹äŗŗļ¼Œč€Œę˜Æ來č‡Ŗę–¼ä½ ę‰€ęŽ„č§øēš„ę¬é‹ę³•ē·“ēæ’č€…ę‰€å‰µé€ å‡ŗ來ēš„é«”ē³»ć€‚
但ę˜Æ你也ę˜Æäø€å€‹å€‹äŗŗļ¼Œä½ åÆä»„ęœ‰č‡Ŗē”±ę„åæ—åŽ»čµ°ä½ č‡Ŗå·±ēš„č·Æ怂

Edited by awaken
  • Like 1

Basically, the production of these lights can only be produced without psychological thinking and consciousness activities, which is exactly the opposite of what you said.

I can see why it would seem that way, but I think there was an error in translation here:

Ā 

3 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

Hmmm... I wonder if the gang would agree with such a notion.Ā  If they did, it would imply direct causation as opposed to a spontaneous occurrence from maintaining the correct conditions/prerequisites, which would be interesting.

I was responding to Barnaby who was making a joke about visualization, and I was saying I don't think they're created/visualized but I wanted to hear what you and Taoist Texts and Freeform thought.Ā  Just a miscommunication.

Ā 

You are practicing the method of carrying, but you want to understand Dan Dao, which itself is a kind of contradictory behavior.

Yes I really like learning about Dan Dao, but I don't think I've said anything about my practice yet.Ā  What it is that you think I do?

Edited by Wilhelm

5 minutes ago, Wilhelm said:

I can see why it would seem that way, but I think there was an error in translation here:

Ā 

I was responding to Barnaby who was making a joke about visualization, and I was saying I don't think they're created/visualized but I wanted to hear what you and Taoist Texts and Freeform thought.Ā  Just a miscommunication.

Ā 

Yes I really like learning about Dan Dao, but I don't think I've said anything about my practice yet.Ā  What it is that you think I do?

Ā 

Well, the problem with translation, plus the western world is full of wrong knowledge about moving methods.

When my English is good enough, I will find a way to publish an English book.

Ā 

儽吧ļ¼Œēæ»č­Æēš„問锌ļ¼ŒåŠ äøŠč„æę–¹äø–ē•Œå……ę–„著éŒÆčŖ¤ēš„ę¬é‹ę³•ēŸ„識怂

ē­‰ęˆ‘č‹±ę–‡å¤ å„½ļ¼Œęˆ‘ęœƒęƒ³č¾¦ę³•å‡ŗē‰ˆč‹±ę–‡ę›øå§ć€‚

Ā 

Ā 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, awaken said:

ā€¦

Ā 

@awaken

Ā 

What is truly incredible is how much of your time and life force isĀ spent hereĀ judging and criticizing others and their practices. This post is disrespectful. PleaseĀ edit itĀ It has been hiddenĀ and edit your attitude or take a sabbatical to work on your book.

Thank you,

The management

Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, freeform said:

Though now Iā€™m asking for more of your understandings, and you get all coyĀ about itĀ :lol:

Actually i genuinely did not understand the question. Now i see that in your lineageĀ  '1 phenomenon=1 name' but it is not so in the rest of the textual neidan as my scans above demonstrate

8 hours ago, freeform said:

No - thatā€™s not what it wasā€¦ something quite different.

thats all good. if you are happy then i am happy.

Ā 

Somehow this made me to go back to the OP.Ā 

(i.e. Arhatship, Immortality, Rainbow Body etc. or even any of the Siddhi)

It seems, the OP asks: these traditional achievements (goalposts)Ā  are obviously fantastic so its either:

A] the tradition lies. OR. B] these words do not mean what they mean (they are metaphors).

I did not see the direct answer to this dilemma on the preceding 17 pages, so here it is.Ā The answer is the goalposts are literal and real but only subjectively. When you achieve them, to you,Ā  they will be as literally real as a chair you sit on but only in your mind's reality. They will not exist for anyone else.

Ā 

(That said of course there are people who claim that fantastic miracles like siddhi etcĀ are objectively real, a claim that cannot be reasonably discussed.)

Ā 

Ā 

6 hours ago, steve said:

Ā 

@awaken

Ā 

What is truly incredible is how much of your time and life force isĀ spent hereĀ judging and criticizing others and their practices. This post is disrespectful. PleaseĀ edit it and edit your attitude or take a sabbatical to work on your book.

Thank you,

The management

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Respect is mutual, and disrespect for Tao is also inappropriate.

Ā 

尊重ę˜Æäŗ’ē›øēš„ļ¼Œå°ę–¼é“ēš„äøå°Šé‡ä¹Ÿę˜Æäøę‡‰č©²ēš„怂

Ā 

you are right.
I do waste too much time on someone.

Ā 

ä½ čŖŖå¾—å°ć€‚
ꈑē¢ŗåƦęµŖč²»å¤Ŗå¤šę™‚é–“åœØęŸå€‹äŗŗčŗ«äøŠć€‚

Ā 

I won't respond to this person again, too many pitfalls.

Ā 

ꈑäøęœƒå†å›žę‡‰é€™å€‹äŗŗäŗ†ļ¼Œå¤Ŗå¤šå‘ć€‚

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taoist Texts said:

They will not exist for anyone else.

Not always soā€¦ in fact some of the critical achievements do exist for othersā€¦

Ā 

where the process (that produces inner phenomena) reaches conclusion - thereā€™s a full transformation - rather than arising and falling away thereā€™s a constant result - on the spiritual level, on the energetic level and on the physical level.

Ā 

Thatā€™s what the ā€˜miraculousā€™ attainments are pointing to.
Ā 

Actually i genuinely did not understand the question. Now i see that in your lineageĀ  '1 phenomenon=1 name'

Ā 

Yeah I workedĀ that out a little later. You were talking about what is classically understood to be the first light phenomenonā€¦ and I was talking about the light phenomenon that was simply first on my list (the list was in no particular order).

Sorry for the confusion.

Ā 

Actually Awaken got it:

Ā 

You say this is "empty room makes white".
The Freeform phenomenon is not this.

But then she says it wasnā€™t this šŸ˜…

Ā 

I think she might be judging from the wrong orifice šŸ˜¬

Ā 

Though entering the white room is not what I got fromĀ that description you posted - which talked about golden light. Mine was pure white like snow.

Ā 

Ahh the joy of comparing phenomenaĀ B)

Not always soā€¦ in fact some of the critical achievements do exist for othersā€¦on the physical level.

Thatā€™s what the ā€˜miraculousā€™ attainments are pointing to.

This time I know exactly what you mean. Which is all well and good butĀ  like i noted in the caveat above this is not a subject that can be rationally discussed. Because every discussion of physical 'miraculousā€™ attainments is boiled down to the dialog below:

Ā 

-The true believer: Yay, the miracles exist!

-The silly skeptic: Great, can i see them?

-The true believer: No.

Ā 

And this is the point at whichĀ  the rational discussion leaves the building.Ā 

Edited by Taoist Texts

10 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

This time I know exactly what you mean. Which is all well and good butĀ  like i noted in the caveat above this is not a subject that can be rationally discussed. Because every discussion of physical 'miraculousā€™ attainments is boiled down to the dialog below:

Ā 

-The true believer: Yay, the miracles exist!

-The silly skeptic: Great, can i see them?

-The true believer: No.

Ā 

And this is the point at whichĀ  the rational discussion leaves the building.Ā 

Do you believe faqi exists?

• Wow 1

24 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Do you believe faqi exists?

If it is a skin-to-skin contact like on the vid then sure. But out of sight - no.

Ā 

• Like 1