Wilhelm

Jing to Qi

On 14/12/2022 at 10:01 PM, Creation said:

but it does apparently make you sterile

Some teachers also report that the penis shrinks down to its pre-pubescent state over time too :)

Ā 

Spoiler

Just wanna scare off most of the young men before getting into the juicy bits šŸ˜‚

Ā 

But Iā€™m not making it up - thatā€™s something Iā€™ve heard at least two decent teachers say.

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

18 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

Jing->Qi is just a model albeit a practically viable one. In reality nothing gets converted.

Yeah. Iā€™m not a big fan of the ā€˜Jing to Qi to Shenā€™ model.

Ā 

It doesnā€™t really work like that in practice (ime)ā€¦ you could simplify it down to that level - but it creates a lot of confusion.

Ā 

Itā€™s more likeĀ ā€˜fullā€™ Jing upholds the Qi generationā€¦ ā€˜fullā€™ Qi upholds the Shen generationā€¦ then Ling, Yuan Shen etc.

Ā 

But thatā€™s not even the full processĀ - thereā€™s all sorts of gathering of ingredients, fusions, refinements, aging and maturationā€¦ and many other side branches that may or may not be useful (eg generating inner sightā€¦ working on the Chong mai, memory, Ming, meditative methods etc).

Ā 

When it comes to the ā€˜Jing to Qiā€™ step,Ā I personally prefer to think in terms of qualities rather than conversions. Sinking -Ā rising,Ā condensing -Ā expanding,Ā settling -Ā stimulating etc etc.

Ā 

True conversion comes much later in the alchemical process.

Ā 

Qualities have several counterparts on various levels - both on the substantial level, the energetic level, the mental level and the spiritual levelā€¦

Ā 

The biggest error is to think of Jing as ā€˜justā€™ a substance. The substantial aspect is just the tip of the iceberg.
Ā 

Working on the substantial level (methods) initiates a process that then has to continue on various other levels (eg changes in lifestyle orĀ in psychology)
Ā 

The key quality for ā€˜fullā€™ Jing is settling. You can think of settled JingĀ as a still lakeā€¦ but then desire, fear, compulsiveness, overthinking, stress, emotions, inner turmoil and drama - these all cause ripples in the lakeā€¦ and an unsettled lake will not allow for Qi production (at least not to the extent thatā€™s required).

Ā 

One of the reasons many teachers start out with Yang Sheng practices like Qigong and Dao yin is that they help clear out some of the ripple-causing aspectsā€¦ they help toĀ generate Qi and create some of the conditions necessary for you to be able to settle.
Ā 

So in a way youā€™re generating Qi even before doing anything onĀ the Jing level!

Ā 

Edited by freeform
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cobie said:

Ā 

Ā 

Yep.Ā :)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

@cobie & @taoisttexts (and freeform it seems)Ā Iā€™dĀ suggest if you think yuan jing > yuan qi is just a theoretical model, itā€™s onlyĀ because you havenā€™t actually come across this subtle essence and itā€™s conversion,Ā not that it doesnā€™t exist. In the words of a wise man,Ā "ThereĀ areĀ moreĀ thingsĀ in heaven and earth,Ā Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.ā€

Edited by Bindi

21 minutes ago, Bindi said:

@cobie & @taoisttexts (and freeform it seems)Ā Iā€™dĀ suggest if you think yuan jing > yuan qi is just a theoretical model, itā€™s onlyĀ because you havenā€™t actually come across this subtle essence and itā€™s conversion,Ā not that it doesnā€™t exist. In the words of a wise man,Ā "ThereĀ areĀ moreĀ thingsĀ in heaven and earth,Ā Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.ā€

This brought to mind an old stats quote: "All models are wrong.Ā  Some are useful"Ā 

Ā 

Could you talk a bit about your experience with Yuan Jing to Yuan Qi conversion, Bindi?

Chi isĀ energy building. Jing isĀ energy savingĀ and ShenĀ awareness.Ā 

Ā 

Chi, the firstĀ Treasure, is the energy that creates our vitality

Ā 

Yin and Yang change is brought into being.Ā QiĀ is the activity of Yin and Yang. Movement, functioning and thought is the result ofĀ Qi. The nature ofĀ QiĀ is to move.Ā 

Ā 

JingĀ is the secondĀ Treasure and is translated as ā€œRegenerative Essence,ā€Ā Ā It is considered extremely difficult to enhance the originalĀ JingĀ after conception, although it is not at all difficult to deplete and weaken it, and thus to weaken and shorten oneā€™s life.

Ā 

Ā If postnatalĀ JingĀ is maintained at sufficient levels, prenatalĀ JingĀ is used much more slowly.Ā 

Ā 

ShenĀ is the third Treasure.Ā ShenĀ is the Holy Spirit which directsĀ Qi. It may also be translated as our ā€œhigher consciousness.ā€Ā 

Ā 

Our true Spirit, which the Chinese callĀ Shen, is the spark of divinity that resides within the heart of every human being and manifests as love, kindness, compassion, generosity, giving, tolerance, forgiveness, mercy, tenderness and the appreciation of beauty.

Ā 

Chi = vitality, Jing = essence, Shen = Spirit.Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā I find this interesting because most express Jing as being vitality

Ā 

The real interpretation of the three treasures can beĀ understoodĀ by collecting experience throughĀ self-awareness. This does include Qi Gong, Tai Chi and Kung Fu training.Ā 

Ā 

There is another level ofĀ  Chi,Ā Jing, Shen that predates our body because we are all born with these treasures. If we get buoyed by relating these energy aspects to our physical body only we get half way there. We call them three but they are one.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, freeform said:

Some teachers also report that the penis shrinks down to its pre-pubescent state over time too :)

Ā 

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Just wanna scare off most of the young men before getting into the juicy bits šŸ˜‚

Ā 

But Iā€™m not making it up - thatā€™s something Iā€™ve heard at least two decent teachers say.

Ā 

And I had just gotten my old lady on board with the idea that I might look like a peeled potato once the 'filling' process hits a certain stage šŸ˜‚Ā 

Ā 

But if its your teachers relaying this development (and not yourself), then I think most of us wouldn't have to worry about that for quite a while.

17 hours ago, freeform said:

Ā 

But thatā€™s not even the full processĀ - thereā€™s all sorts of gathering of ingredients, fusions, refinements, aging and maturationā€¦ and many other side branches that may or may not be useful (eg generating inner sightā€¦ working on the Chong mai, memory, Ming, meditative methods etc).

Does your tradition develop these side branches on an as-needed basis, or is there some other considerations involved?

Ā 

When it comes to the ā€˜Jing to Qiā€™ step,Ā I personally prefer to think in terms of qualities rather than conversions. Sinking -Ā rising,Ā condensing -Ā expanding,Ā settling -Ā stimulating etc etc.

So at this stage practitioners should primarily concern themselves with achieving and maintaining the ideal qualities of Jing, which is observable from the outcomes of those qualities (i.e. shown physically in the perineum, but also insubstantially in the psychology)

The key quality for ā€˜fullā€™ Jing is settling. You can think of settled JingĀ as a still lakeā€¦ but then desire, fear, compulsiveness, overthinking, stress, emotions, inner turmoil and drama - these all cause ripples in the lakeā€¦ and an unsettled lake will not allow for Qi production (at least not to the extent thatā€™s required).

Great advice, thank you šŸ™

One of the reasons many teachers start out with Yang Sheng practices like Qigong and Dao yin is that they help clear out some of the ripple-causing aspectsā€¦ they help toĀ generate Qi and create some of the conditions necessary for you to be able to settle.
Ā 

So in a way youā€™re generating Qi even before doing anything onĀ the Jing level!

Ā 

This reminds me of the first line from the Classic of breath and Qi consolidationĀ 

http://lotusneigong.com/the-classics-of-breath-and-qi-consolidation/

"In order to strengthen the Jing you should consolidate your Qi,"

Edited by Wilhelm
  • Like 2

ē…‰ē²¾åŒ–ę°£ęœ‰å…©å€‹å±¤é¢ļ¼Œē¬¬äø€å€‹ļ¼Œč¬›ēš„ę˜Æęœ‰ę°£ę„Ÿļ¼Œē¬¬äŗŒå€‹ļ¼Œč¬›ēš„ę˜Æē²¾å·²ē¶“完å…ØåŒ–ęˆę°£ļ¼Œå› ē‚ŗę²’ęœ‰ē²¾äŗ†ļ¼Œč€Œē·“到這個ē؋åŗ¦ēš„äŗŗļ¼Œē”·ēš„ę²’ęœ‰ē²¾ę¶²ļ¼Œå„³ēš„ę²’ęœ‰ē¶“蔀ļ¼Œå…„å®šę…‹ä¹Ÿå·²ē¶“進兄虛ē©ŗ大定ļ¼Œåœ“ęœˆļ¼Œéœœé£›ļ¼ŒēœŸäŗŗļ¼Œé‡‘äø¹å°±ęœƒé–‹å§‹å‡ŗē¾ć€‚

Ā 

å¦‚ęžœä½ åŖęƒ³ēŸ„道ē¬¬äø€å€‹ļ¼Œęœ‰ę°£ę„Ÿēš„ē؋åŗ¦ļ¼ŒåŸŗęœ¬äøŠä½ åŖč¦åŠ å¼·ä½ ēš„ē«ļ¼Œä½ å°±åÆä»„åšåˆ°ęœ‰ę°£ę„Ÿäŗ†ć€‚

Ā 

分äŗ«äø€ę®µęˆ‘ę˜Ø天剛åÆ«å‡ŗ來ēš„ę–‡ē« 

Ā 

There are two levels of refining and transforming qi. The first one is talking about the feeling of qi, and the second is talking about the fact that the essence has been completely transformed into qi, because there is no essence, and people who have practiced to this level, men have no semen , the woman has no menstrual blood, and she has entered the samadhi state, and the full moon, the frost, the real person, and the golden elixir will begin to appear.

If you only want to know the first one, the degree of feeling of qi, basically you just need to strengthen your fire, and you can achieve feeling of qi.

Share an article I just wrote yesterday

Ā 

andĀ  sorry that I don't know how to translate it to English

Ā 

劉äø€ę˜Žē‰ˆēš„é»ƒé¶“č³¦
ē²µå…®ęœ€äøŠäø€ä¹˜ļ¼Œä¹ƒē„”ä½œč€Œäŗ¦ē„”ē‚ŗ怂還äø¹äøƒčæ”ļ¼Œå› ęœ‰å‹•č€Œę–¹ęœ‰éœć€‚äøŠå¾·ä»„道å…Ø其形ļ¼Œę˜Æ其ē“”乾之ęœŖē “ļ¼›äø‹å¾·ä»„č”“å»¶å…¶å‘½ļ¼Œä¹ƒé…åŽé›¢č€Œę–¹ęˆć€‚ę˜Æ仄ē”Ø陰陽之道ļ¼Œå³ä¾äø–ę³•č€Œäæ®å‡ŗäø–ä¹‹ę³•ļ¼›ę•ˆē”·å„³ä¹‹ē”Ÿļ¼Œåæ…ē™¼å¤©ę©Ÿč€Œä½œę³„å¤©ä¹‹ę©Ÿć€‚ę–¹ę¬²ę€§å‘½ä»„雙äæ®ļ¼Œé ˆä»—ę³•č²”č€Œå…©ē”Øć€‚å…ˆēµåŒåæƒē‚ŗč¼”ä½ļ¼Œę¬”覓å·Ø室仄č‰Æåœ–ć€‚
ē„¶ę¬²åøŒäø–之妙道ļ¼Œåæ…é ˆåÆ†å©ę–¼ēŽ„é—œć€‚ę“‡å–„åœ°ļ¼Œę…Žäŗ‹ä¹‹ę©ŸåƆļ¼›ē½®äø¹ęˆæļ¼Œå™Øēšæ之ē›øē•¶ć€‚安ēˆē«‹é¼Žļ¼Œé…å…§å¤–兩個陰陽ļ¼›ē…‰å·±ēƉåŸŗļ¼Œå›ŗå½¼ęˆ‘äø€čŗ«é‚¦åœ‹ć€‚對ę™Æåæ˜ęƒ…ļ¼Œé ˆę†‘éŠ³ę°£ä¹‹å‹‡ēŒ›ļ¼›ē…Øēˆé‘„劍ļ¼Œå…Øå€Ÿé‡‘ę°“ä¹‹ęŸ”å‰›ć€‚č‹„é‹ē”Øļ¼Œč‹„ęŠ½ę·»ļ¼Œę…®éšŖ而須ē•¶ę²ęµ“ļ¼›č‹„鼓ē“ļ¼Œč‹„ę•²ē«¹ļ¼ŒēŸ„雄而ä¾æå®œå®ˆé›Œć€‚ē™¾ę—„功靈ļ¼Œę›²ē›“č€Œå³čƒ½ę‡‰ē‰©ļ¼›äø€å¹“ē“”ē†Ÿļ¼Œę½›čŗč€Œē„”äøē”±åæƒć€‚čƒ½ē›œå½¼ę®ŗäø­ä¹‹ē”Ÿę°£ļ¼Œä»„é»žęˆ‘é›¢å…§ä¹‹é™°ē²¾ć€‚ēŽ‰ę¶²é‡‘ę¶²ļ¼Œäø€äŗ†ę€§č€Œäø€äŗ†å‘½ļ¼›äŗŒå€™å››å€™ļ¼ŒåŠåœØåŽč€ŒåŠåœØé›¢ć€‚å§‹ē„‰å°‡ē„”å…„ęœ‰ļ¼Œé¾å±…č™Žä½ļ¼Œč¦ēŸ„č—„ē‰©ä¹‹č€å«©ļ¼›ēµ‚ē„‰ęµęˆŠå°±å·±ļ¼Œč™Žęœƒé¾å®®ļ¼Œé ˆč¾Øę°“ęŗä¹‹ęø…ęæć€‚ē…‰å·±å¾…Ꙃļ¼Œå‹™č¦é™½ē”Ÿę–¼čµ¤ēø£ļ¼›é‡ę©Ÿč‡Øēˆļ¼Œåæ…é ˆē™øå‹•ę–¼ē„žå·žć€‚č‹„č§€č¦‹é¾åœØē”°ļ¼Œé ˆēŒ›ēƒ¹č€Œę„µē…‰ļ¼›åæ½čžč™Žå˜Æå…„ēŖŸļ¼ŒåÆå€’č½‰č€Œé€†ę–½ć€‚ē«é€¼é‡‘č”Œå‡ŗ坤ēˆļ¼Œę•…名äøƒčæ”ļ¼›é‡‘å› ē«ē…‰ę­ø乾鼎ļ¼Œę˜Æę›°ä¹é‚„ć€‚é‚„č€…ļ¼Œä¹¾ę‰€å¤±č€Œå¾©å¾—之ē‰©ļ¼›čæ”者ļ¼Œęˆ‘å·²åŽ»č€Œåˆä¾†ä¹‹ēœŸć€‚ꮊäøēŸ„ļ¼Œé †å‰‡ē”Ÿäŗŗē”Ÿē‰©ļ¼Œé€†å‰‡ęˆä½›ęˆä»™ć€‚é›–åˆ†å½¼ęˆ‘ļ¼Œéžé–Øäø¹ē¦¦å„³ä¹‹č”“ļ¼›ęƒŸēŸ„äø€å·±ļ¼Œęœ‰éµ¬é³„圖南之åæ—ć€‚åŽäø­äø€é»žé»‘鉛ļ¼Œč™Ÿę›°å…ˆå¤©ļ¼ŒéžåŒé”žč€Œēµ‚äøčƒ½å¾—ļ¼›é›¢å…§äøƒčˆ¬ē”ƒē ‚ļ¼Œę˜Æ名孤陰ļ¼Œē„”ēœŸēØ®å‰‡ę™‚åˆ»é›£ē•™ć€‚ę˜Æ仄假乾坤ļ¼Œē«‹é¼Žēˆļ¼Œč¦“å¤Ŗä¹™ę‰€å«ä¹‹å§‹ę°£ļ¼›å€Ÿé™°é™½ļ¼Œä½œē­Œč¹„ļ¼Œę±‚ę°“åŗœé»˜č˜Šä¹‹ēŽ„ē ć€‚
č¶Ø遄Ꙃļ¼Œč£œęˆ‘乾之äø€ē¼ŗ怂äæ„ē„¶é–“ļ¼Œé‚„å½¼å¤ä¹‹å…­č™›ć€‚åˆ°ę­¤ę°“ę­øē„žå®¤ļ¼Œä½åˆ—ä»™ē­ć€‚å¤§ęŠµäø¹č½é»ƒåŗ­ļ¼Œåƒéˆčƒ„參ļ¼ŒäøŠåøå˜‰č“Šļ¼Œå¤©åœ°é©šåƒļ¼ŒęŠ±å…ƒå®ˆäø€ļ¼Œęŗ«é¤Šåęœˆļ¼Œē„žęœ‰č±”ļ¼Œč™›ę„µéœēƤļ¼Œååæ˜ä¹č¼‰é«”ē„”å½¢ć€‚č”Œę»æäø‰åƒļ¼Œę–Æå…¶é“č”“é€ ē«Æļ¼Œä¼¼ä¾ę­£č€Œé™¤é‚Ŗļ¼›åŠŸå®Œå…«ē™¾ļ¼Œå°±äø­ē«å€™čؗ始ļ¼Œå¦‚ä»„å„‡č€Œē”Øå…µć€‚é‰›čˆ‡ę±žļ¼Œē„”äø™åŸę±č„æ間隔ļ¼›å¬°čˆ‡å„¼ļ¼Œē„”黃婆咫å°ŗåƒå·®ć€‚č­˜ę€„ē·©ļ¼Œč¾Ø吉凶ļ¼ŒåœØåŒ ę‰‹ä»„ę–Ÿé…Œļ¼›ę˜Žé€²é€€ļ¼ŒēŸ„ę­¢č¶³ļ¼Œč±ˆę„šę˜§č€Œčƒ½ē‚ŗļ¼ŸčŖę¶ˆęÆļ¼Œå¦‚ęµ·ä¹‹ę½®äæ”ļ¼›åƩ造化ļ¼Œä¼¼ę—„ęœˆä¹‹ē›ˆč™§ć€‚äø‰ę—„å‡ŗåŗšļ¼Œä¹ƒäø€é™½ē”Ÿę–¼å¤åœ°ļ¼›åäŗ”圓ē”²ļ¼Œå‰‡å…­ēˆ»å‘Øä¹Žä¹¾å…ƒć€‚ę³„é‡‘ē«…ļ¼Œé‘æę··ę²Œļ¼Œéœ²č€čŽŠä¹‹č‚ŗ腑ļ¼›ę˜Žå¤ęˆ¶ļ¼Œé£²åˆ€åœ­ļ¼Œåä¼Æ陽之åæƒč‚ć€‚
今遇å­øä»™é¾ę±Ÿå­ļ¼Œå¤™å…·é“éŖØ仙豐ļ¼ŒååœØäø¹å°ēŽ‰å®¤ļ¼Œé‚ēµē…™éœžåŒåæ—之友ļ¼Œé”˜ē™¼é¾č™Žē§˜č—ä¹‹ę©Ÿć€‚須尋ē«å€™ļ¼Œę—©é¤Œé»ē ļ¼Œä»–ę—„č‡»ę–¼é–¬č‹‘ēŽ„圃ļ¼Œäŗ¦åÆę­Žä¼ŠéŖØę­»å±ć€‚
ę­¤č³¦ä¹ƒē„–åø«åœØ黃鶓ęؓ锌ę›øļ¼Œē¤ŗé¾ę±Ÿå­ä¹‹ę–‡ļ¼Œå…¶ę–‡å·²éęµę–¼äø–ļ¼Œęƒœå…¶ęœŖč¦‹åˆ»ęœ¬ć€‚ę•øåå¹“ę‰€č¦‹č€…ļ¼Œēš†ęŠ„éŒ„ä¹‹ę–‡ļ¼Œå…¶äø­å­—叄éŒÆčØ›č€…ē”šå¤šć€‚ę±‚å…¶åˆ»ęœ¬ļ¼Œēµ‚äøåÆå¾—ć€‚é¤˜ęå…¶ä¹…č€Œę„ˆéŒÆꄈč؛ļ¼Œę€å…¶éŒÆč؛ēØå°‘č€…ļ¼ŒåˆŠåˆ»ę™®å‚³ļ¼ŒäøéŽęš«å­˜ę–¼ęæļ¼Œéžä¾æ仄ꭤē‚ŗęˆę”ˆć€‚č‹„ęœ‰č¦‹åˆ»ęœ¬č€…ļ¼Œę›“ęœ›ę ”ę­£ę›“ę›ļ¼ŒåˆŠę¢“傳äø–ļ¼Œåŗ¶äøęž‰ē„–åø«ē•¶å¹“啟後之婆åæƒēŸ£ļ¼
ę£²é›²å±±ē“ ęØøę•£äŗŗ劉äø€ę˜Žčæ°åˆŠ 後進å­øäŗŗå¤č¤‡ę†é‡ę¢“
ļ¼ļ¼ļ¼ļ¼ļ¼ļ¼ļ¼ļ¼ļ¼
Ā 
č¶Ø遄Ꙃļ¼Œč£œęˆ‘乾之äø€ē¼ŗ怂äæ„ē„¶é–“ļ¼Œé‚„å½¼å¤ä¹‹å…­č™›ć€‚
Ā 
č¶Øļ¼šč¶Ø向ļ¼Œč¶Ø勢
遄ļ¼šåæ«é€Ÿ
ęˆ‘ä¹¾ä¹‹äø€ē¼ŗļ¼šé›¢ē«
Ā 
äæ„ē„¶ļ¼šē‰‡åˆ»ļ¼ŒēŖē„¶
彼坤ļ¼šåŽę°“
å…­č™›ļ¼šč®Šå‹•äøå±…ļ¼Œå‘Øęµå…­č™›ļ¼ˆę˜“ē¶“ē¹«č¾­ļ¼‰
Ā 
č¶Ø向åæ«é€Ÿę™‚ļ¼ŒčŖŖēš„å°±ę˜Æ動功ļ¼Œå‹•åŠŸę‰ęœƒč®Šåæ«ć€‚ęˆ‘ä¹¾ä¹‹äø€ē¼ŗļ¼Œå°±ę˜Æ離ē«ļ¼Œē«ē‚ŗä¹¾ļ¼Œē‚ŗꈑļ¼Œå‰é¢čŖŖ過äø¹é“ęœ‰å…©å€‹é™°é™½ļ¼Œę°“ē«vs.金ęœØļ¼Œę°“ļ¼ˆå¤ļ¼‰ē‚ŗå½¼ļ¼Œē«ļ¼ˆä¹¾ļ¼‰ē‚ŗꈑļ¼Œé‡‘ļ¼ˆå¤ļ¼‰ē‚ŗꈑļ¼ŒęœØļ¼ˆä¹¾ļ¼‰ē‚ŗå½¼ļ¼Œę‰€ä»„ć€Œęˆ‘ä¹¾ć€å°±ę˜Æ離ē«ļ¼Œé›¢ē«äø€ē¼ŗļ¼Œé›¢å°±ę˜Æäø€å€‹ē¼ŗļ¼Œäø€ē¼ŗå°±ę˜Æäø€å€‹å½¢å®¹ļ¼Œęˆ‘ä¹¾ęœ¬čŗ«å°±ę˜Æ離ē«äŗ†ļ¼Œé›¢ē«ēš„å…­ēˆ»å°±ę˜Æäø€ē¼ŗļ¼Œäø€ē¼ŗē­‰ę–¼å¤šå‡ŗ來ēš„å½¢å®¹č©žļ¼Œē‚ŗäŗ†å°ę‡‰å¾Œé¢ēš„å…­č™›ć€‚
Ā 
這äø€å„ēš„ę„ę€å°±ę˜Æļ¼Œå‹•åŠŸę™‚č£œē«ļ¼Œä¹Ÿå°±ę˜Æå‹•åŠŸę™‚ē”Øę­¦ē«ļ¼Œę­¦ē«å°±ę˜Æč¦é”å¤–č£œē«ļ¼Œę‰čƒ½č®Šęˆę­¦ē«ć€‚
Ā 
ē‰‡åˆ»é–“ļ¼Œå°±čƒ½é€ ęˆå½¼å¤ä¹‹å…­č™›ļ¼ŒēŸ„é“ęˆ‘ä¹¾ę˜Æē«ļ¼Œé‚£å½¼å¤å°±ę˜Æę°“ć€‚å…­č™›å°±ę˜Æå–ę˜“ē¶“ē¹«č¾­ä¹‹ę„ļ¼Œč®Šå‹•äøå±…ļ¼Œå‘Øęµå…­č™›ć€‚čŖŖēš„å°±ę˜Æę°£č®Šå‹•å‘Øęµå…­č™›ļ¼Œå…­č™›å°±ę˜Æå…­å€‹ę–¹ä½ļ¼Œåˆ°č™•ä¹‹ę„ć€‚
Ā 
ę•“ę®µå°±ę˜Æå‹•åŠŸę™‚ę­¦ē«ļ¼Œå°±čƒ½é€ ęˆę°£å‘Ø굁å…Øčŗ«ć€‚
Ā 
é€™ę®µęˆ‘ēœ‹äŗ†å¾ˆä¹…ļ¼Œēœ‹äøę‡‚ļ¼Œę‰¾äŗ†ē¶²č·Æč³‡ę–™ļ¼Œä¹Ÿę‰¾äøåˆ°ęœ‰äŗŗēœ‹å¾—ꇂļ¼Œē›“到ēœ‹åˆ°ć€Œęˆ‘ä¹¾ć€ć€Œå½¼å¤ć€ę‰ę‚Ÿå‡ŗ到åŗ•åœØčŖŖ什éŗ¼ć€‚
Ā 
å‰›é–‹å§‹ęŠŠäø€å’Œå…­ļ¼Œč§£é‡‹ē‚ŗę°“ļ¼Œä½†ę˜Æē‹—屁äøé€šļ¼Œå¾Œä¾†å¾žęˆ‘å½¼äø‹ę‰‹ļ¼Œę‰ēœ‹ę‡‚äø€ē¼ŗ講ēš„ę˜Æ離ēš„äø€ē¼ŗļ¼Œå…­č™›č¬›ēš„ę˜Æꘓē¶“ē¹«č¾­ēš„å…­č™›
Ā 
ć€Œå¤©åœ°čح位ļ¼Œč€Œę˜“č”Œä¹Žå…¶äø­ć€‚å¤©åœ°č€…ļ¼Œä¹¾å¤ä¹‹č±”也ļ¼›čØ­ä½č€…ļ¼Œåˆ—陰陽配合之位也ļ¼›ę˜“č¬‚åŽé›¢č€…ļ¼Œä¹¾å¤äŗŒē”Ø怂äŗŒē”Øē„”ēˆ»ä½ļ¼Œå‘Øęµč”Œå…­č™›ļ¼Œå¾€ä¾†ę—¢äøå®šļ¼ŒäøŠäø‹äŗ¦ē„”åøøļ¼Œå¹½ę½›ę·ŖåŒæļ¼Œč®ŠåŒ–ę–¼äø­ļ¼ŒåŒ…å›Šč¬ē‰©ļ¼Œē‚ŗ道ē“€ē¶±ļ¼Œä»„ē„”åˆ¶ęœ‰ļ¼Œå™Øē”Ø者ē©ŗļ¼Œę•…ęŽØ궈ęÆļ¼ŒåŽé›¢ę²’äŗ”怂怍
講ēš„ę‡‰č©²å°±ę˜ÆåƒåŒå„‘é€™ę®µ
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Share a beautiful song I am listening

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by awaken
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

I appreciate your concerns, but this is a discussion forum šŸ˜‚ if I stop listening to everyone who thought different from me then id be guilty of the sort of dogmatism you rightly warned about earlier.

Ā 

I was grateful to learn your own understanding of the process as well, but what fun is it to shut down anyone who's understanding differs?Ā Ā 

Ā 

For goodness sake, you've only been training with him for about a year, right?Ā  Nobody could expect you to have all the answers so quickly...

You misunderstand what Iā€™m saying. Basically everyone on here besides @freeform doĀ not understand much of the alchemical process at all.

Ā 

To ask for answers on here is folly. Likewise, you donā€™t really need to listen to anybody about alchemy except for your direct teachers. Then, practice leads you to your own answers and conclusions.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, MetaDao said:

Ā 

I understand your point.Ā  We see things differently, which is fine šŸ¤·

Edited by Wilhelm

1 hour ago, awaken said:

There are two levels of refining and transforming qi. The first one is talking about the feeling of qi, and the second is talking about the fact that the essence has been completely transformed into qi,Ā 

Thanks Awaken!Ā 

Ā 

There seems to be quite a gap between the two stages, as many report a Qi sensation very quickly into their practice.Ā  Have you or any of your teachers/students completed the second stage?Ā  It sounds like an advanced accomplishment.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

This brought to mind an old stats quote: "All models are wrong.Ā  Some are useful"Ā 

Ā 

Could you talk a bit about your experience with Yuan Jing to Yuan Qi conversion, Bindi?

By definition:
Yuan Jing (元ē²¾): is the innate jing already existed in the body.
Yuan Qi (å…ƒę°£): is the innate Qi in the body.

These two elements must be maintained by the later ē²¾ and ę°£ to recycle.

One must understand what they meant before go any further to pursuit the study of Neidan.

PS
Please note that Jing (ē²¾) is not semen as the later Taoists thought it was. People are misinterpreted from ē²¾å­(semen)

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, ChiDragon said:

Please note that Jing (ē²¾) is not semen as the later Taoists thought it was.Ā 

Well noted!Ā :)

Edited by Wilhelm
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, ChiDragon said:

PS
Please note that Jing (ē²¾) is not semen as the later Taoists thought it was. People are misinterpreted from ē²¾å­(semen)

Yes my understanding as well.

Ā 

The modern notion that jing is sexual energy is so missing the point. It is like using mis direction to set a course that misses the target completely.

Ā 

Now for the turtle going back in the shell ( Penis) and cutting of the red dragon (menstrual cycle) this is the natural course. When you have this kind longevity and in that situation it can not be argued. Being premature in the process can be a horrible mistake.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

Thanks Awaken!Ā 

Ā 

There seems to be quite a gap between the two stages, as many report a Qi sensation very quickly into their practice.Ā  Have you or any of your teachers/students completed the second stage?Ā  It sounds like an advanced accomplishment.

Ā 

ä½ å¾ˆęœ‰ēœ¼å…‰

兩個ē¾č±”ēš„ē¢ŗå·®ē•°å¾ˆå¤§

ē¬¬äŗŒå€‹ē¾č±”ļ¼Œęˆ‘ę›¾ē¶“達到ļ¼Œę™‚間大ē“„ęœ‰åŠå¹“ēš„Ꙃ間

Ā 

you're so sight

The two phenomena are indeed very different

The second phenomenon, I have achieved it for about half a year

Ā 

Ā 

除äŗ†å‰é¢čŖŖ過ēš„é‚£äŗ›å…§ę™Æē¾č±”ļ¼Œęœ€ę˜Žé”Æēš„å·®ē•°ę˜Æé‚£ę®µę™‚é–“ēš„ē”ēœ ć€‚

ē•¶ęˆ‘ē”著Ꙃļ¼Œęˆ‘ēš„č£”面ę˜Æ醒著ēš„怂

ē•¶ęˆ‘é†’ä¾†ę™‚ļ¼Œęˆ‘ę˜Æ從另外äø€ēخ醒ļ¼Œč½‰ę›ęˆę—„åøøē”Ÿę“»ēš„醒怂

Ā 

Apart from the interior phenomena mentioned above, the most obvious difference is the sleep during that period.

When I was asleep, the inside of me is awake.

When I wake up, I switch from another kind of waking to the waking of everyday life.

Ā 

ē•¶ē„¶čŗ«é«”äøŠēš„ē¶“č”€ä¹Ÿę˜Æé‚£ę®µę™‚é–“å¾ˆå¤§ēš„č®ŠåŒ–ļ¼Œé‚£ę®µę™‚é–“ļ¼Œęˆ‘ę˜Æę²’ęœ‰ē¶“蔀ēš„怂

Ā 

Of course, the menstrual blood on the body also changed a lot during that time. During that time, I did not have menstrual blood.

Ā 

ęˆ‘ęƒ³ä½ ēš„å•é”Œę‡‰č©²ę˜Æē·“ē²¾åŒ–ę°£ć€‚ęˆ‘å‰é¢ę‰€č½‰č²¼ēš„äø­ę–‡ļ¼Œå°±ę˜Æå‘‚ę“žč³“ēš„詩怂

ęˆ‘č§£é‡‹ēš„é‚£ę®µļ¼Œå°±ę˜Æå‘‚ę“žč³“č¬›é—œę–¼ē…‰ē²¾åŒ–ę°£ēš„éƒØåˆ†ć€‚

I think your problem should be about refining qi. The Chinese I reposted earlier are Lu Dongbin's poems.

The part I explained was the part Lu Dongbin talked about refining and transforming qi.

Ā 

ęœ€é‡č¦ēš„éƒØ分就ę˜Æę­¦ē«ć€‚ę­¦ē«å°±ę˜Æ增加ē«ć€‚

ä½ ēš„ę³Øę„åŠ›å¦‚åŒé›·å°„å…‰äø€ęØ£ļ¼Œé›†äø­åœØå“Ŗč£”ļ¼Œå“Ŗč£”å°±čƒ½ē”¢ē”Ÿę°£ć€‚

ē•¶ä½ ęŠŠä½ ēš„ę³Øę„åŠ›é«˜åŗ¦é›†äø­ļ¼Œäø¦äø”加強ļ¼Œå°±ēرē‚ŗę­¦ē«ć€‚

Ā 

Ā 

The most important part is the martial fireļ¼ˆWuhuoļ¼‰. Wuhuo is to increase fire.

Your attention is like laser light, wherever you focus, you can generate qi.

When you concentrate and strengthen your attention, it is called Wuhuo.

Ā 

ē•¶ä½ é–‹å§‹ē·“ēš„ę™‚å€™ļ¼Œä½ åŠ å¼·ä½ ēš„ē«ļ¼Œé€™ēرē‚ŗę­¦ē«ć€‚

ä½ ēš„ę­¦ē«å°‡ęœƒč®“ę°£ē”¢ē”Ÿļ¼Œäø¦äø”å‘Ø굁å…Øčŗ«ć€‚

Ā 

When you start practicing, you strengthen your fire, which is called Wuhuo.

Ā 

Your martial fire will generate qi and circulate it throughout your body.

Ā 

ä½ äøéœ€č¦ä»»ä½•ęŠ€å·§ļ¼Œä½ ēš„ę­¦ē«åŖč¦č¢«å‹•åœ°č·Ÿč‘—ę°£ć€‚

剛開始你ēš„ę°£ęœƒé›†äø­åœØꟐäŗ›åœ°å€ļ¼Œä¾‹å¦‚ę‰‹ęŽŒļ¼Œé ­é ‚怂

ē•¶ä½ é‹ē”Øę­¦ē«ä¹‹å¾Œļ¼Œę°£å°±ęœƒé–‹å§‹åœØčŗ«é«”ęµå‹•ć€‚

這就ę˜Æå‘‚ę“žč³“é€™å…©å„č©±ēš„ę„ę€ć€‚

Ā 

You don't need any skills, your Wuhuo just passively follow Qi.

At first your qi will be concentrated in certain areas, such as the palms, the top of the head.

When you use Wuhuo, Qi will start to flow in the body.

This is the meaning of these two sentences of Lu Dongbin.

Ā 

č¶Ø遄Ꙃļ¼Œč£œęˆ‘乾之äø€ē¼ŗ怂äæ„ē„¶é–“ļ¼Œé‚„å½¼å¤ä¹‹å…­č™›ć€‚

Ā 

When it gets faster, start replenishing my yang. After a while, my yin will circulate all over my body.

My yang is fire. My yin is water. When Dan Dao mentioned water, it meant Qi.

Edited by awaken
  • Thanks 1

On 16/12/2022 at 8:12 AM, Wilhelm said:

Ā 

Ā 

Say thereā€™s a model of the blood vessels and lymph vessels, or any of theĀ organs, can you really call these modelsĀ wrong? Or a model of something invisible like aĀ virus, why would this model be wrong? To all intents and purposes it correctly represents the actual thing itā€™s modelling, I believe the same is possible of the subtle energy body, a functional model is possibleĀ though it might be two steps away from the reality of it instead of one, as the subtle energy body model will be in a more metaphorical language.Ā 

Ā 

On 16/12/2022 at 8:12 AM, Wilhelm said:

Ā 

I gave my personal take earlier on this threadĀ https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/53700-what-exactly-is-neidaninternal-alchemy/?do=findComment&comment=994095

Ā 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 3:49 AM, Bindi said:

@taoisttexts (and freeform it seems)Ā Iā€™dĀ suggest if you think yuan jing > yuan qi is just a theoretical model, itā€™s onlyĀ because you havenā€™t actually come across this subtle essence and itā€™s conversion,Ā not that it doesnā€™t exist. In the words of a wise man,Ā "ThereĀ areĀ moreĀ thingsĀ in heaven and earth,Ā Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.ā€

"TheĀ earthĀ hathĀ bubbles, as the water has, and these are of them"

Ā 

4 hours ago, Bindi said:

good job! thats a nice qigong experience. not neidan. the hallmarks of neidan: 1. the orbit 2.Ā permanent results.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bindi said:

Ā 

Say thereā€™s a model of the blood vessels and lymph vessels, or any of theĀ organs, can you really call these modelsĀ wrong? Or a model of something invisible like aĀ virus, why would this model be wrong? To all intents and purposes it correctly represents the actual thing itā€™s modelling, I believe the same is possible of the subtle energy body, a functional model is possibleĀ though it might be two steps away from the reality of it instead of one, as the subtle energy body model will be in a more metaphorical language.Ā 

Ā 

I gave my personal take earlier on this threadĀ https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/53700-what-exactly-is-neidaninternal-alchemy/?do=findComment&comment=994095

Ā 

Thanks for sharing.Ā  You're clearly a practitioner who's achieved some things I'm unqualified to comment on, so please know the following is general commentary that doesn't have to do with your experience :)

Ā 

I think I would say there's a difference between something that can be physically mapped and something that can be conceptually modeled, and I think problems can arise from confusing the two.

Ā 

Asa Hershoff here talks about various models that arose for the chakra system, including the popular seven chakra one (that he traces back to Jung interestingly).Ā  More classical models seem to contradict this one, but its so ingrained in popular Western consciousness at this point I can't imagine most would take kindly to hearing the model they had used for years might not be the be-all end-all.

Ā 

Similarly I learned the arts through the Jing-Qi-Shen model, and itsĀ has proved a really useful way for me to 'categorize' all the reactions I feel to the practice, but I'm not sure I could definitely prove its correctness as a model.Ā  If you feel heat/tingling/bubbling/magnetism, andĀ then those are all physical sensations, so couldn't it be said that this is your body's way of interpreting something non-physical?

Edited by Wilhelm

On 16/12/2022 at 5:42 AM, Wilhelm said:

Does your tradition develop these side branches on an as-needed basis, or is there some other considerations involved?

Yes, some. My teacher considers certain Shen gong attainments necessaryā€¦ and theyā€™re not strictly ā€˜alchemyā€™ - but are part of some alchemical traditions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

Similarly I learned the arts through the Jing-Qi-Shen model, and itsĀ has proved a really useful way for me to 'categorize' all the reactions I feel to the practice, but I'm not sure I could definitely prove its correctness as a model.Ā  If you feel heat/tingling/bubbling/magnetism, andĀ then those are all physical sensations, so couldn't it be said that this is your body's way of interpreting something non-physical?

I looked the three treasures Jing-Qi-Shen from the Chinese explanation. Let's look at Jing(ē²¾) again. I gathered that is the substance that makes up the body. In modern science, the cell is the basic unit that makes up the body. From the correlation, may I conclude that the Jing and cell are two identical thing. The two names are differ but came from the same source. Thus there is no doubt in my mind that using the cell to explain the where the heat/tingling are coming from.

I was always wondering about the tingling sensation of my fingers. Here is what I discovered from modern science.
From the cell model, scientist had determined that the cell use the oxygen to decompose the glucose to generate heat and energy. When the blood circulates, it carries heat through the body. At the same time, the tingling is the blood pressure build up in the capillaries. The pressure may cause the capillaries to be ruptured, therefore, the capillaries will contract to prevent from happening, The tingling sensation was from the contraction of the capillaries. The Chinese called that the chi sensation(ę°£ę„Ÿ).

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChiDragon said:

Ā 

Edit: Nvm.Ā  Other folks said it better. Thanks for sharing, anyways šŸ™

Ā 

Edited by Wilhelm
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ChiDragon said:

I was always wondering about the tingling sensation of my fingers. Here is what I discovered from modern science.
From the cell model, scientist had determined that the cell use the oxygen to decompose the glucose to generate heat and energy. When the blood circulates, it carries heat through the body. At the same time, the tingling is the blood pressure build up in the capillaries. The pressure may cause the capillaries to be ruptured, therefore, the capillaries will contract to prevent from happening, The tingling sensation was from the contraction of the capillaries. The Chinese called that the chi sensation(ę°£ę„Ÿ).

Ā 

but the heat that comes from rubbing hands is not the chi it self , its the aftereffect on blood-flow in the area , which is all after-affect of the chi on the location..the tingling of chi movement is differentĀ Ā and can be thin , aroused , smooth etc..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ChiDragon said:

correlation

Though itā€™s easy and fun, correlation is probably the worst logical toolĀ you could use to understand anything even slightly complex.

Ā 

Combine that with usingĀ dictionary definitions as your main source of information and that just makes it even worseā€¦ Itā€™s like looking up the definition of ā€˜ophthalmologyā€™ and thinking you now understand how eyes work.

Ā 

And the tingling sensation has nothing to do with qi (not really anyway) - just signals from your nerves :)Ā 

Ā 

Sorry @ChiDragonĀ - I enjoy your enthusiasm and your help with Chinese translationsĀ - but itā€™s worth pointing out to people unfamiliar with your ways that youā€™re talking with great conviction about stuff you haveĀ zero actual experience or understanding of.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@ChiDragonĀ I have great respect for your system, itĀ was build up over 40 years of practice. Thanks for sharing it with us.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, freeform said:

Though itā€™s easy and fun, correlation is probably the worst logical toolĀ you could use to understand anything even slightly complex.

Ā 

Combine that with usingĀ dictionary definitions as your main source of information and that just makes it even worseā€¦ Itā€™s like looking up the definition of ā€˜ophthalmologyā€™ and thinking you now understand how eyes work.

Ā 

And the tingling sensation has nothing to do with qi (not really anyway) - just signals from your nerves :)Ā 

Ā 

Sorry @ChiDragonĀ - I enjoy your enthusiasm and your help with Chinese translationsĀ - but itā€™s worth pointing out to people unfamiliar with your ways that youā€™re talking with great conviction about stuff you haveĀ zero actual experience or understanding of.

You are preaching to deaf ears.

Ā 

It is harsh to say, but I am convinced many of the people on this forum have no fate for Neidan. Just blind leading the blind.

Ā 

I will say it again: find masters of whichever spiritual path you want to follow, listen to their guidance, disregard those without a path, know that you are ignorant of many things.

Ā 

I at least admit to myself that I am ignorant of a great many things regarding alchemy while also trying to point out the basics when I can. Many people on this forum cannot admit that. They simply believe their own delusions

Edited by MetaDao
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

"TheĀ earthĀ hathĀ bubbles, as the water has, and these are of them"

Ā 

good job! thats a nice qigong experience. not neidan. the hallmarks of neidan: 1. the orbit 2.Ā permanent results.

If qigong can create and fill dantians, then it would be valuable. As farĀ as I can see it, having the dantians leak-proof and filled and operating to their full potential is a fundamental requirement, uponĀ which the ā€œorbitā€ can then operate. Seeing initiating the MCO as the only valid step seems shortsighted.Ā 
Ā 

I recall someone once saying that he had initiated the MCO but it was empty, it felt like he was justĀ spinning hisĀ wheels, I would take this as not having developed the dantians first, substance is missing. DevelopingĀ the three dantians successfully would in itself be rare as, they are very complex systems. To refer to dantian development asĀ ā€˜Just qigongā€™Ā seems unnecessarily dismissive.Ā 
Ā 

I can imagine that after the three dantians have been fully developedĀ the orbit self-initiates, in the meantime more dantian development is required for me, not empty MCOā€™s.Ā 
Ā 

If you had completed dantian development first, I donā€™t think you would be so dismissive of it, so right now Iā€™m assuming you havenā€™t.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1