masta

What controls the Chi

On 7/10/2023 at 6:08 PM, rene said:

It might be that nothingness does not possess potential or possibilities; they arise unboundaried with becoming.

To me, De is the efficacy when Zi Ran aligns (without intent) with Wu Wei...

And your thread is tied in a circle of Dao. (-:

Perpetual IMO applied.

At some point, is the pesky problem of 'something from nothing'... to be deal with.  Laws of physics don't allow it.. but a video game might...  Are we seeing what is really there.. or here ?

I essentially agree with your,  De is the efficacy when Zi Ran aligns (without intent) with Wu Wei..., as we have talked it for years... but their potential ultimately comes from somewhere. 

I went back to 'view' the big bang origin... because we have to know what was before it... Is it a first bang or oscillating universe.. or a wizard behind a curtain, etc...  I'm rather comfortable to talk from the potential stage of the unfolding as what is before that is not so comfortable. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dawei said:

At some point, is the pesky problem of 'something from nothing'... to be deal with.  Laws of physics don't allow it.. but a video game might...  Are we seeing what is really there.. or here ?

I essentially agree with your,  De is the efficacy when Zi Ran aligns (without intent) with Wu Wei..., as we have talked it for years... but their potential ultimately comes from somewhere. 

I went back to 'view' the big bang origin... because we have to know what was before it... Is it a first bang or oscillating universe.. or a wizard behind a curtain, etc...  I'm rather comfortable to talk from the potential stage of the unfolding as what is before that is not so comfortable. 

Physicist Lawrence Krauss, in his book "A Universe from Nothing," Krauss suggests that if you have a large enough timescale and an infinite amount of space, it is possible for a quantum fluctuation to occur, resulting in the creation of an entire universe's worth of matter and antimatter. According to this concept, the energy associated with such a fluctuation could lead to the expansion of space, the formation of particles, and the subsequent evolution of a universe.

Stephen Hawking's theory of Hawking radiation occurs at the event horizon of a black hole. According to this theory, empty space is filled with pairs of particles and antiparticles that have merged. The immense gravitational field at the event horizon pulls these pairs apart. When a particle-antiparticle pair is created near the event horizon, it's possible for one of the particles to fall into the black hole while the other escapes. Since the escaping particle carries away energy, this effectively means the black hole loses energy, or, equivalently, mass. Over time, the black hole will lose more and more mass due to Hawking radiation until it eventually evaporates completely. 

The common belief that empty space is devoid of substance is false. Contrary to this assumption, empty space is not empty at all; rather, it is full and teeming with activity.

An analogy to better understand this concept is to envision space as a perfectly flat and level patch of ground. Digging a hole creates a mound of dirt, and when the dirt is returned to the hole, the situation is neutral. The mound of dirt being matter, and empty hole being antimatter. This illustrates the zero-sum nature of empty space.

This profound realization reveals that our perception of emptiness as devoid of substance is inaccurate. Instead, what we perceive as empty space is actually full and teaming with dynamic activity.

The Mahayana Buddhists believed that the void or Śūnyatā was the origin of all matter and phenomenon.

The Mahayana Buddhist view of Śūnyatā is analogous to the monistic ontology of W. K. Clifford and John Wheeler, which posits that everything in the universe, including matter and forces, can be reduced to the geometry and curvature of space.

"There is nothing in the world except empty curved space. Matter, charge, electromagnetism, and other fields are only manifestations of the bending of space." -John Wheeler, an American theoretical physicist

53 minutes ago, kakapo said:

"There is nothing in the world except empty curved space. Matter, charge, electromagnetism, and other fields are only manifestations of the bending of space." -John Wheeler, an American theoretical physicist

Why is space curved?

10 minutes ago, Lairg said:

Why is space curved?

General Relativity’s two postulates have been famously articulated by John Archibald Wheeler:

“Matter tells spacetime how to curve, and curved spacetime tells matter how to move.”

That seems a closed loop of causation.

But causation is how and not why

Why is space curved?

12 hours ago, Lairg said:

Why is space curved?

The reason why mass and energy cause spacetime to curve is related to the way they interact with the fabric of spacetime itself. The presence of mass and energy cause spacetime to stretch and deform, much like a rubber sheet would stretch and deform if a heavy object were placed on it. This deformation of spacetime tells objects how to move, while the motion of objects, in turn, influences the curvature of spacetime. This interplay is described by a set of equations called the Einstein field equations.

Unfortunately I don't have a better answer for you than that.

I think the best we can do right now is give description to the behaviors we see manifesting, but we lack the understanding to explain why the phenomenon exist/occur.

We can't explain why existence itself exists.

Perhaps in the future with artificial super intelligence, we can answer such questions.

6 hours ago, kakapo said:

By some accounts Beingness wishes to have experience and therefore generates Existence for a period.  The end of that period is the Mahapralaya

Later Beingness forms a new Existence for a period

On 7/13/2023 at 11:05 AM, kakapo said:

"We"... is a part of created but not a part of the creators... An outside agent is better to answer this. 

• Like 1

On 13/07/2023 at 4:05 PM, kakapo said:

The reason why mass and energy cause spacetime to curve is related to the way they interact with the fabric of spacetime itself. The presence of mass and energy cause spacetime to stretch and deform, much like a rubber sheet would stretch and deform if a heavy object were placed on it. This deformation of spacetime tells objects how to move, while the motion of objects, in turn, influences the curvature of spacetime. This interplay is described by a set of equations called the Einstein field equations.

Unfortunately I don't have a better answer for you than that.

I think the best we can do right now is give description to the behaviors we see manifesting, but we lack the understanding to explain why the phenomenon exist/occur.

Perhaps in the future with artificial super intelligence, we can answer such questions.

This requires a practice  aligned with the Abhidhamma (or put another way, the doctrine of dependant origination)

There comes a point where you begin to gain actual insight  and perception (literal not metaphorical) of how things manifest and demanifest, right down the the smallest level of physical particles in the universe (rupa kalapas)

Theres nothing imaginary or made up here. Just a lot of grafting and whatnot

Most associated with Theravadan Practice (though the perception of that word in my opinion has be sullied, as more modern iterations are somewhat removed from the lesser known original practices)

On 7/12/2023 at 4:02 PM, dawei said:

Why would not the potential of De arise with De, the possibility of Zi Ran arise with Zi Ran and the way of WuWei arise with WuWei? All simultaneously manifesting unboundaried from the same source... 

On 7/18/2023 at 4:49 PM, rene said:

Why would not the potential of De arise with De, the possibility of Zi Ran arise with Zi Ran and the way of WuWei arise with WuWei? All simultaneously manifesting unboundaried from the same source... 

Yes, to a degree. There must be an energy source of origin... and De, Ziran, Wuwei are not things but attributes which flow from... maybe laws of nature, or just nature. They manifest under their own 'way' but due to something they are connected to. There is no De, Ziran, or Wuwei without some source. That we can describe their 'way' of action is due to a source. 

At the end, where that energy comes from? It's not about the origin but the energy comes from somewhere? The energy that makes move earth comes from somewhere. I'm not talking about the manifestation but the source of that propulsion, whatever makes this planet rotate and how energy starts. Just wondering 

What controls the experience of "Qi" in our bodies is our mind / imagination / intent, in essence, us.

As for the nature of "Qi", while I experience "Qi", labeling it as some "physical" force like electricity is too premature, as it could very well be just a wave of sensations coursing through certain aspects of our sensory systems and nerves.

The danger is people will feel something, and then start attributing all kinds of meaning to what they feel, when the truth is, we just don't know, but I personally lean on it being a manifestation of our sensations as I have a background in hypnosis and have experienced what the human mind is capable of manifesting (such as feeling your whole arm on fire, and other hypnotic phenomena)

But then again, some will argue that hypnosis just activated the "Qi" energy which manifests the experience.  To those I say, there is no need to "cultivate" then, because a good hypnotist will have you feeling sensations beyond anything people can achieve in a Qi gong practice, in much less time, including full blown hallucinations.

Edited by Partez

1. Solid.

2. Liquid

3. Gas

Which of these 3 states of matter is chi most similar to?

Maybe none? 

Maybe chi would be more similar to photons (light) or something else?

I think if chi can be categorized and defined to some degree, it helps to answer questions like what controls it.

There are three treasures, Jing, Chi, and Shen, in the body as the Taoists claimed. They are interacting with each other seems nothing is controlling them. There is one thing for sure, it one doesn't breathe, the three treasures will not interact with each other. According to TCM, the prenatal Chi has to be sustained by postnatal Chi. For that said, I would suspect that the postnatal Chi is the controlling factor of Chi.

Edited by ChiDragon

14 hours ago, Nintendao said:

4. Plasma

His attempt to define the nature of chi mimicks the approach used by mass spectrometers to identify periodic table elements in planets and stars based on the light spectrum they emit.

Good attempt.

But I don't think he's on the right path.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 10:57 AM, Sanity Check said:

His attempt to define the nature of chi mimicks the approach used by mass spectrometers to identify periodic table elements in planets and stars based on the light spectrum they emit.

Good attempt.

But I don't think he's on the right path.

Yeh, if it was made of that kind of stuff, it most likely would have already been detected and understood, at least to the extent we can understand what any energy really is. There are still some big questions around gravity and dark matter. For as many ramblings as I go on about chemicals and electricity and magnets, I haven’t even touched much on quantum effects. Basically other dimensions. 

On 12/1/2023 at 9:03 PM, ChiDragon said:

There are three treasures, Jing, Chi, and Shen, in the body as the Taoists claimed. They are interacting with each other seems nothing is controlling them. 

I like that.

The sun heats the air (Spirit influences the mind)

Coreolis effect causes wind (Mind shapes the qi)

Wind presses on water to make waves (Qi supports the body)

🌞🌬️🌊🏄‍♀️

• Like 1