I will become immortal 😠

I want to become powerful

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Nungali said:

… I know what causes it … regardless of where or when

… We do know the remedies 

… But 'they' dont seem to think it applies to 'us' (modern 'western' civilisation ) .

I do think it also applies to modern 'western'. Could you please elaborate a bit on the Dutch situation: 

What causes it there?

What are the remedies there?

Edited by Cobie

5 hours ago, Cobie said:

I do think it also applies to modern 'western'. Could you please elaborate a bit on the Dutch situation: 

What causes it there?

What are the remedies there?

I dont know specifically about the Dutch situation, so cannot elaborate on that .  But overall, its the same  causes for everyone .

There is a variety in intensity and acceleration due to other contributing factors eg . one of these factors is dispossession  of 'home land ' coupled with ' their way of life, teachings and 'reality base' are no longer able to keep up and adapt with other changes - like from an intruding force or technology .  That is why the devastation of Australian indigenous cultures happened so disastrously  and virtually 'overnight' ;  the  technological gap was mind blowing for them due to their long term isolation - everything for them is connected to meaning through 'country' and birthplace , including specific individual  ecological management responsibilities ,  they got hit hard on all fronts .

So there is probably some other factor for the Dutch , in their culture , that was sensitive to these modern changes .

If you take away a persons livelihood, land ,  sense of belonging , show them  their belief system is irrelevant  or wrong , crowd them together at a number and frequency they have never been used to    - remove their reason and purpose for living  .... they won't  ( be living , for long ) .  Some do make it , they become automatons, soulless , or manage to 'adapt' (with aberrations ) ... for a while , but then their societies become riddled with the indicators, including suicides   ... seems 'normal ' to some  - 'boiling frog ' syndrome . Then society becomes evil ;   people start making money on the sufferers from  the indicators

• Like 2

On 11/29/2022 at 11:07 AM, I will become immortal 😠 said:

Pls give me techniques for becoming powerful. I have done every possible things in the modern world to be come powerful and now when I looked through ancient ones i found daoism and I have already done some breathing techniques but i don't feel any different because i don't know the science behind it. If any senior can help me I am willing to do anything 

So in all of this time and effort of doing things to get super powers and it not working it didn't cross your mind that this isn't how reality works? 

On 24/03/2024 at 4:52 AM, Nungali said:

… We do know the remedies , eg , this above group was saved  , the situation reversed , population went up now they are a proud and growing clan .

Could you please tell a bit more about the remedies that were used?

• Like 1

In that case , by finding and reconnecting the people .  re-establishing their cultural traditions  and showing that they have worth in today's mainstream culture . Teaching the young the culture and  instilling pride in them ( which can also include their system and practices of spirituality / religion, 'life purpose ' -   rediscovering purpose for living ) Re introducing initiation systems   . Finding ways of integrating into mainstream culture without loosing cultural identity  and  bringing traditional culture and language forward .  And so on.

With this group, a big step in recognition and feeling pride and worth in culture was through art .  It was suggested they  try the international art market. At first they where shy and lacked confidence .... people would be interested in our  paintings ... internationally?   It worked , some sold for 10s of 1000s of dollars , people went on paid trips from the desert to OS exhibits  of their own work .  This also enables them to earn their own income  doing something they love .

Another example is their elders and knowledge be funded by governments  to teach 'cultural burning' principles to manage bush fires .

• Like 2

to go further on "Dutch" it keeps surprising me that the original religion has been wiped out so thoroughly, there is almost nothing to be found from before Christianity. I count myself as born from Frisian descent and thus Germanic gods and culture should be the homeground.

but it's nowhere to be found, the Christians wiped out anything.

Dutch culture, what culture?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Of course, all of that  ^   is about being 'powerful' ... for the individual, the group, the clan , the culture . Invaders and suppressors do not want that .  Invaders often suppressed local culture and demanded conformity .

Thats one of the reasons Cyrus  was named 'The Great' ; they had a different policy - that if one allowed and actually helped people retain their culture and religion , they would be happier, productive and  less rebellious .

• Like 3

Liking how the thread winds along to something useful, TDB style:wub:

no doubt, where true power is bestowed from, once they notice the next batter up, power seeker, joining the hordes that preceded (common generics)(boring) seeking power, most possible power in fastest possible time, least amount of effort type of characters, these characters instantly (unceremoniously) land on the disqualified list. scrap pile. 

however, they also land on a list of prospects for the worst cheap type of 'power' ---

some achieving results. it gets messy. 

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those who crave power seem to always be the most susceptible to being corrupted by it.

Like those who always want and crave to lead.  I find these usually unworthy of following.

While the fool is always absolutely certain, the sages walk in perpetual doubt.

• Like 2

Here is a great part in the Rite of Mars .  We used to perform the 'astrological rites' each year  * . I have played various roles in the right , including Mars .

Rite of Mars has a lot of  'power dynamics' going on .  But it is also about 'head strong youth ' , bold declarations  , and the folly of youth with all its distractions .   Perhaps our OP could relate to this .   It also has a  fascination with conquest , domination, sex, etc . Possibly due to Mars' association with Scorpio .  It might assist one to see it's placement in the natal chart .

One of my favorite parts in the rite  is where 'the people'  ( the 'audience' ) get 'enlisted' into the army to follow Mars and defeat the  ' bad people' and bring peace for evermore  ( yeah ... right !   :D  )   ,  everyone is ready , they have been hyped up with  heroic orations and declarations, marching, drumming , etc .

SR. SCORPIO  :  " Let us carry the holy symbols with sacred song and dance round the altar of Mars."

[ they march round five times deosil before MARS in procession headed by SCORPIO, ARIES, CAPRICORNUS.]

" Strike, strike the louder chord!
Draw, draw the Flaming Sword!
Crowned child and conquering Lord!
Horus, avenger! " 

" Brother Aries, let us invoke the Master of the Battle. "

BRO. ARIES.  Mighty and Terrible One, we beseech thee to lead us the Battle. Here, by thy Symbols, thy Spear, the Sword, and the Drum, we pray thee to strengthen our arms and to defend our hearts. For we are thy chosen warriors, O thou Master of the Battle! "

Then ,  all are waiting for Mars to emerge from his tent in glory and lead them  ....

... waiting ....

... waiting  ......

Until finally  someone opens the curtain to his tent and he is caught with his pants down bonking 'Sister Scorpio' , meanwhile, Vulcan ( the 'enemy') has entered the camp and chaos ensues .

Ahhh... the 'folly of  red blooded , head strong youth '  .... but in the end , Mars finally gets there and discovers what true 'power' is :

Mars ; " This is the day which down the void abysm
At the Earth-born's spell yawns for Heaven's despotism,
And Conquest is dragged captive through the deep;
Love, from its awful throne of patient power
In the wise heart, from the last giddy hour
Of dead endurance, from the slippery steep,
And narrow verge of crag-like agony, springs
And folds over the world its healing wings.

" Gentleness, Virtue, Wisdom, and Endurance–
These are the seals of that most firm assurance
Which bars the pit over Destruction's strength;
And if, with infirm hand, Eternity,
Mother of many acts and hours, should free
The serpent that would clasp her with his length,
These are the spells by which to reassume
An empire o'er the disentangled doom.
To suffer woes which Hope thinks infinite;
To forgive wrongs darker than death or night;
To defy Power, which seems omnipotent;
To love, and bear; to hope till Hope creates
From its own sreck the thing it contemplates;
Neither to change, nor falter, nor repent;
This, like thy glory, Titan, is to be
Good, great and joyous, beautiful and free;
This is alone Life, Joy, Empire, and Victory! "

On 24-3-2024 at 4:52 AM, Nungali said:

End zone ....    eg . one group of Aboriginals , only had a few members left , they began to cut of their  ears , noses and eventually genitals , which makes it impossible to 'recover' and 're-breed'.

do you have a source for this? Not for me, it sounds plausible, but for someone else who will not be impressed with some guy called Nungali talking on some woowoo forum

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

... Not for me … for someone else …

:lol: I’m asking for a friend. :P

image.jpeg.708daef6d76ada52a06bdb4fb73773ec.jpeg

Spoiler

Google, ‘asking for a friend’, (idiomatic, humorous) Indicates that a question is embarrassing by pretending to be asking on behalf of another person.

Edited by Cobie
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/27/2024 at 3:06 PM, silent thunder said:

Those who crave power seem to always be the most susceptible to being corrupted by it.

Like those who always want and crave to lead.  I find these usually unworthy of following.

While the fool is always absolutely certain, the sages walk in perpetual doubt.

I think you make a valid point, and I think most of the time this is indeed the case.

However not everyone who purchases a gun does so with the intention of harming someone else.

There are valid reasons to need such power, that do not include dominating other people, or trying to take over the world.

To achieve those ends, power is required.  For some seeking power to achieve those end goals is just a means to an end, and not the end itself.

If I want to grow all my own food there are several prerequisites to being able to do that.

I would need to own a few acres of property located in the correct climate.

I would need a water source, and fertilizer. 

I would need seeds.

I would need lots of time.

I would need the health and energy to garden, or the money to hire someone to do it for me.

Needing time, money, energy, health etc,  all of those things are requirements to make my end goal happen.

Working towards those things as a means to an end doesn't make me a megalomaniac bent on world domination.

Edited by kakapo

4 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

do you have a source for this? Not for me, it sounds plausible, but for someone else who will not be impressed with some guy called Nungali talking on some woowoo forum

No . Its back in the foggy memory of 1001 anthropological papers from the past . I am deliberately NOT citing their name here as now they have a better history and this sad period of their  near  extinction  is now not mentioned when one looks them up .

You can tell 'someone else'   that I am fine with someone else  who I have never met and never will and never know who they are , not being impressed with me .

I am not writing here to make 'good impressions ' .

Oh yes, and you can also tell them     :P      from me .

• Like 2

I'm more interested in empowering others. Perhaps that could lead towards a measure. Being able to without losing out?

• Like 1

On 26/03/2024 at 8:25 PM, blue eyed snake said:

to go further on "Dutch" it keeps surprising me that the original religion has been wiped out so thoroughly, there is almost nothing to be found from before Christianity. I count myself as born from Frisian descent and thus Germanic gods and culture should be the homeground.

but it's nowhere to be found, the Christians wiped out anything.

Dutch culture, what culture?

Pretty much the same for Anglo- Saxon apart from place names and Beowulf - which is why Tolkien tried to recreate a mythology for England in his works including LOTR.

If you want to know about various forms of paganism you could try the YouTube channel called ‘survive the jive’ .