James22

mopaineikung.com is it legit?

15 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Yes you are correct, most definitely. It was the situation that I am referencing which lead to the situation you are referencing :)

There was nobody kicked out because of geography per se..it was something else, as you may already very well know ;) 

For the people who didn't get it:

Chang welcomed outsiders, when elders found out about it, they weren't happy.

Later, Chang agreed with the elders and wasn't happy with the outsiders.

Now people ignore the cultural differences and values in favor of western exceptionalism/

In the words of Alice Cooper: School's out FOREVER (for outsiders).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Now people ignore the cultural differences and values in favor of western exceptionalism/

To drop another hint or two

• Chang welcomed outsiders, when elders found out about it, they weren't happy. (Doors Remained Open)
  • Later, Chang agreed with the elders and wasn't happy with the outsiders. (Due to specific behaviours, Doors close)
  • Now people ignore the cultural differences and values in favor of western exceptionalism (Its easier to blame others, right?
  • In the words of Alice Cooper: School's out FOREVER (for outsiders). (Outsiders having less to do with ethnicity than claimed

Couldn't help myself :lol:

Edited by Shadow_self
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, freeform said:

Who needs testimonials when there are videos of the dude LEVITATING! 

Nearly !  @ 2:34 

But my friend does it better  ;  

Spoiler

dog-doggy.gif

• Haha 5

28 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

To drop another hint or two

• Chang welcomed outsiders, when elders found out about it, they weren't happy. (Doors Remained Open)
  • Later, Chang agreed with the elders and wasn't happy with the outsiders. (Due to specific behaviours, Doors close)
  • Now people ignore the cultural differences and values in favor of western exceptionalism (Its easier to blame others, right?
  • In the words of Alice Cooper: School's out FOREVER (for outsiders). (Outsiders having less to do with ethnicity than claimed

Couldn't help myself :lol:

What outsiders look like to the school. ^^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Just need to add copper wire coming out of their ass into a flower pot and it will be 100% accurate!

With scientists and recording equipment on standby of course.

Of all the things I have seen the mo pai people posit...this is one of the more unusual things..The copper wire taped to the perineum to "ground"...

Of course it is true one takes in extra Yin Qi from the environment, it cannot be built in the body (as far as I know)...however, one has a LOT of work to do before gathering any excess of Yin Qi

There appears to be many missing details regarding the absorption of Yin Qi, and more crucially the pre-requisites here....it poses a few questions...several actually.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Just need to add copper wire /... ... /

With scientists and recording equipment on standby

That's been done. 

Anti-inflammatory. 

Details in my ppd, physiology subforum. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

John's correspondence with Jim states he was proud of him and wished all his other students were as diligent as he, and he wished more than anything he could continue to be his teacher, but was prohibited from doing so by May Yung Chen.

Just FYI.

Edited by Iliketurtles

3 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

Of all the things I have seen the mo pai people posit...this is one of the more unusual things..The copper wire taped to the perineum to "ground"...

Of course it is true one takes in extra Yin Qi from the environment, it cannot be built in the body (as far as I know)...however, one has a LOT of work to do before gathering any excess of Yin Qi

There appears to be many missing details regarding the absorption of Yin Qi, and more crucially the pre-requisites here....it poses a few questions...several actually.

I don't know of any mo pai practitioner who uses a grounding wire in the manner you describe.

6 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Just need to add copper wire coming out of their ass into a flower pot and it will be 100% accurate!

With scientists and recording equipment on standby of course.

I don't know of any mo pai practitioner who uses a grounding wire in the manner you describe.

On a side note.  The website the dao buns buns short for bunnies thedaobuns.com  is a forum where all are welcome to bash mo pai and all associated it into the ground.  I think probably that would be a better avenue than disrupting his forum with endless flame wars about wires in butts and other nonsense. 

The people here don't have to deal with the drama, and you guys get to fill whatever need it is you have to bash the system over there. I think it is a win win for all involved.

Edited by Iliketurtles

16 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

Chang's correspondence with Jim states he was proud of him and wished all his other students were as diligent as he, and he wished more than anything he could continue to be his teacher, but was prohibited from doing so by May Yung Chen.

Just FYI.

Yes, I'm aware of the letter to Jim. Can't say much beyond this as I do not know about the relationship with Kostas or the others as well as the one with Jim since several people I know spoke with Jim, and he was open to teaching even if they weren't approaching him to learn.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Yes, I'm aware of the letter to Jim. Can't say much beyond this as I do not know about the relationship with Kostas or the others as well as the one with Jim since several people I know spoke with Jim, and he was open to teaching even if they weren't approaching him to learn.

Keep in mind a lot of Jim's students were not actually his students.

Jim turned his email, forum, and social media accounts over to a con artist soon after his initial cancer diagnosis.

These accounts then changed hands to another guy who now claims he can shoot fireballs and only accepts money so he can in turn donate it to mental health charities. 

The donation to him is mandatory.

The irony is not lost on that one.

The new guy still replies to people under Jim's old email address and it says "Jim McMillan" as the name you are speaking with. 

He also claims John's version of 1, 2a, and 2b was incorrect, so he improved it and corrected the misinformation John was teaching.  

This correction allowed him to achieve fusion and shoot fireballs from what I hear.

You can track the transition of Jim Vs Not Jim by how much money the students were charged. 

If $0.00, it was Jim. 

If >$0.00 it was not Jim.

Just FYI.

Edited by Iliketurtles
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Iliketurtles said:

Pretty sure the old forum mentions sitting on a wire that's attached to a grounding rod, correct? Should I pull up the quote? If you say it is not touching your perineum ok...then ok....Its not specified in the quote

Of course

I also understand that your group does a demonstration which involves the same grounding rod and wire connected to the earth, for "skeptics"

In any event I was more referring to the logic behind this not making much sense to me.

Why  immediately establish a connection to ground to absorb Yin without having previously built excess Yang, and having sank it to the LDT. If the Yin field of the lower dan tien has not been re-consolidated (As it disperses with puberty) which contains the Yang, then dont you think that there is a far greater chance connecting to the earth will pull the Yang qi out, rather than pulling the Yin Qi in?

Please not im not debating connection to the earth to gather Yin Qi...I'm asking you about the logic behind simultaneous vs sequential gathering...from your perspective please, rather than a book quote

We dont need to go to any other forum to discuss that....Im just curious behind the logic here

Just now, Shadow_self said:

Pretty sure the old forum mentions sitting on a wire that's attached to a grounding rod, correct? Should I pull up the quote? If you say it is not touching your perineum ok...then ok....Its not specified in the quote

Of course

I also understand that your group does a demonstration which involves the same grounding rod and wire connected to the earth, for "skeptics"

In any event I was more referring to the logic behind this not making much sense to me.

Why  immediately establish a connection to ground to absorb Yin without having previously built excess Yang, and having sank it to the LDT. If the Yin field of the lower dan tien has not been re-consolidated (As it disperses with puberty) which contains the Yang, then dont you think that there is a far greater chance connecting to the earth will pull the Yang qi out, rather than pulling the Yin Qi in?

Please not im not debating connection to the earth to gather Yin Qi...I'm asking you about the logic behind simultaneous vs sequential gathering...from your perspective please, rather than a book quote

We dont need to go to any other forum to discuss that....Im just curious behind the logic here

You are welcome to go over to the buns forum for mo pai discussion. 

No one that practices actual mo pai that I know puts wires into flower pots or attaches a wire to their perineum. 

6 hours ago, Iliketurtles said:

John's correspondence with Jim states he was proud of him and wished all his other students were as diligent as he, and he wished more than anything he could continue to be his teacher, but was prohibited from doing so by May Yung Chen.

Just FYI.

Who said it was Jim he was upset with, or that Jim is who I was referring too?

According to my sources..Jims actions after all this went down is what bothered John, not before. It was the actions of, ahem others...that is what brought some issues

Who said it was Jim he was upset with, or that Jim is who I was referring too?

According to my sources..Jims actions after all this went down is what bothered John, not before. It was the actions of, ahem others...that is what brought some issues

They must have been misusing the T.O.A.D.

5 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

You are welcome to go over to the buns forum for mo pai discussion. 

No one that practices actual mo pai that I know puts wires into flower pots or attaches a wire to their perineum. 

No thank you, we have a perfectly good forum here with a lot of active participants..It is not required to go to an echo chamber where a diverse opinions and input is lacking

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

They must have been misusing the T.O.A.D.

Im fairly sure they were not mistaken...though I have seen the story that it was a racist thing presented time and time again. Note im not saying the racist thing doesn't happen...its quite prominent in Asia...However It seems unlikely that this would have been the case had certain individuals treated their position in a more responsible  way

The way I have it....it was the said actions of certain people which led to the assumption it was due to westerners, and not just people conducting themselves poorly... which then led to the whole no westerners allowed.

Im fairly sure they were not mistaken...though I have seen the story that it was a racist thing presented time and time again. Note im not saying the racist thing doesn't happen...its quite prominent in Asia...However It seems unlikely that this would have been the case had certain individuals treated their position in a more responsible  way

The way I have it....it was the said actions of certain people which led to the assumption it was due to westerners, and not just people conducting themselves poorly... which then led to the whole no westerners allowed.

John told Jim, May Yung Chen came and kicked his *** and removed him as the head of the school and forbid him from teaching further.

As far as I know that is what happened. 

If May Yung Chen got angry because Andreas and Kosta were hitting the bong too much in John's basement, I can't really say.

The original website leads to a questionnaire, that says something like:

Do you believe magic is real?

Y/N

Do you believe Reiki is real and effective?

Y/N

Do you think the earth is flat?

Y/N

Do you think that reptilians control the government?

Y/N

When you submit your answers it says basically 'thanks, we'll be in touch'

I feel like about a year from now I'm going to be at a ceremony in the woods worshipping an effigy of an owl. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vajra Fist said:

The original website leads to a questionnaire, that says something like:

Do you believe magic is real?

Y/N

Do you believe Reiki is real and effective?

Y/N

Do you think the earth is flat?

Y/N

Do you think that reptilians control the government?

Y/N

When you submit your answers it says basically 'thanks, we'll be in touch'

I feel like about a year from now I'm going to be at a ceremony in the woods worshipping an effigy of an owl. 

Singing Bohemian Rhapsody?

Edited by Iliketurtles
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

John told Jim, May Yung Chen came and kicked his *** and removed him as the head of the school and forbid him from teaching further.

As far as I know that is what happened. 

If May Yung Chen got angry because Andreas and Kosta were hitting the bong too much in John's basement, I can't really say.

John told Jim a lot of things...sure

So the story goes....a spirit came,  kicked John's ass, and told him no you cannot teach anymore. I wont comment on whether or not I believe that to be the truth of the matter

But lets say I did believe it...Why did the spirit kick Johns ass?

4 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

John told Jim a lot of things...sure

So the story goes....a spirit came,  kicked John's ass, and told him no you cannot teach anymore. I wont comment on whether or not I believe that to be the truth of the matter

But lets say I did believe it...Why did the spirit kick Johns ass?

John put it in his letters to Jim it's canon as far as I am concerned. 

If John was lying about it is unknown.

John broke his oath to Liao to not teach non-Chinese, which is why May Yung Chen was upset with John.

Edited by Iliketurtles