James22

mopaineikung.com is it legit?

Just now, Shadow_self said:

No thats not the case....you are saying you trust Jim's words more than Kostas in reality...because Kostas words are right there for you,

The postings on the blogs are copy pastes of newspaper articles from almost 2 decades ago...its up to you if you want to try and find the originals...I could care less whether you do or dont really

Let's move on bro or continue this on the buns forum.

Edited by Iliketurtles

4 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

Let's move on bro or continue this on the bums forum.

No need...just don't misrepresent the situation again...what I posted is exactly as it stands

You trust Jim over Kostas....that is the end of the discussion

2 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

No need...just don't misrepresent the situation again...what I posted is exactly as it stands

You trust Jim over Kostas....that is the end of the discussion

I trust John's letters and videos over wordpress blogs and people who claim things online. 

That is my perspective.

Please lets move on, or continue this in a safe place that allows for it like the buns forum.

PLEASE.

I trust John's letters and videos over wordpress blogs and people who claim things online. 

That is my perspective.

Please lets move on, or continue this in a safe place that allows for it like the buns forum.

PLEASE.

Are you calling Kostas a randomer now? Haha you guys do the worst mental gymnastics

His words are right there...what Jim presented to you and what Kostas said do not match....so you either believe one or the other...it is that simple

Forget about me...I'm just agreeing with what Kostas ALREADY said based on additional direct information..but yeah...your basically insinuating Kostas is being dishonest then..

I can state my position clearly...I think Jim believed that was the case....though Jim believed a lot of odd things, read his book and you can grasp that.

So trust whatever you like...it does not reflect the reality of the matter ( nor did much of Jims statements)

Please, by all means go to your space or echo chamber...I will not be joining you in a place where you can insult people and copy paste nonsense ad infinitum. EG pointed out the nature of it..so that's a permanent NO...not now and not ever

There is no need to discuss it further...Dont want to talk about it? No problem...nobody is compelling you to post...The thread is perfectly fine with or without your input

16 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Are you calling Kostas a randomer now? Haha you guys do the worst mental gymnastics

His words are right there...what Jim presented to you and what Kostas said do not match....so you either believe one or the other...it is that simple

Forget about me...I'm just agreeing with what Kostas ALREADY said based on additional direct information..but yeah...your basically insinuating Kostas is being dishonest then..

I can state my position clearly...I think Jim believed that was the case....though Jim believed a lot of odd things, read his book and you can grasp that.

So trust whatever you like...it does not reflect the reality of the matter ( nor did much of Jims statements)

Please, by all means go to your space or echo chamber...I will not be joining you in a place where you can insult people and copy paste nonsense ad infinitum. EG pointed out the nature of it..so that's a permanent NO...not now and not ever

There is no need to discuss it further...Dont want to talk about it? No problem...nobody is compelling you to post...The thread is perfectly fine with or without your input

I think the most likely scenario is the letter to Jim is authentic, and translated accurately.

Having said that I wasn't there to watch John dictate it to his son, so I can't say for certain.

I also cannot say if John was being truthful.

You are free to disagree. 

This administration in the community here does not allow for extended conversations like this, you know this full well. 

Let's move on,  or continue this on the buns forum where this sort of thing is endorsed and permitted.

PLEASE.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

I can't say for certain.

I also cannot say if John was being truthful.

You are free to disagree. 

PLEASE.

I agree with this perfectly

You cannot say...

Im glad we arrived here

20 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

I agree with this perfectly

You cannot say...

Im glad we arrived here

Ultimately I can't say if John's videos are deep-fakes, or if what I see on the news is a deep-fake. 

All I can say is what seems reasonable. 

It seems reasonable to me to assume my Aunt's hand written will witnessed by three people actually is legitimate, but since I wasn't there I suppose they could have conspired to fake it and lie about faking it.

I dunno I wasn't there. 

I think John's letters to Jim were probably accurate in much the same light because that seems reasonable to me.  

I don't see any reason for John's son to knowingly and willingly mistranslate, I don't see any reason for John to lie, and I don't see any reason for Jim to fake the letters from John. 

Can we please drop this, or can we please take this discussion to a forum where the administration allows for things like this like the buns, because this one here certainly does not. 

PLEASE.

Edited by Iliketurtles
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

All I can say is what seems reasonable. 

And it seems reasonable to you that a spirit demon (Jims words) ex teacher banned westerners after previously allowing them for years...all of a sudden...and that this is an accurate representation of the situation

If that seems reasonable to you...perhaps you need to question your definition of reasonable

33 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

I don't see any reason for John to lie.

Perhaps you don't understand how Asian culture works...

I happen to, given I'm tied to it...Id explain it to you....but I know you'd rather hear it from an "expert" (plus you'd probably dismiss me as a randomer)

So, with that in mind...start here

https://www.amazon.com/Lies-that-Bind-Chinese-Truths/dp/074255404X

You guys like anthropology, right? This ones by a professor in anthropology. Im pretty sure you're big on "credentials" also...so this is right up your avenue

Moreover...this is amplified in the internal arts community...The secrecy and truths of the matter are kept from all but a few of the very closest...Dont believe me? Ask a few initiates on here..Im sure they will give you some insight

Edited by Shadow_self

58 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

And it seems reasonable to you that a spirit demon (Jims words) ex teacher banned westerners after previously allowing them for years...all of a sudden...and that this is an accurate representation of the situation

If that seems reasonable to you...perhaps you need to question your definition of reasonable

I think it's reasonable that John believes that. 

I wasn't there so I can't say. 

If someone tells me they saw a UFO land and aliens pop out I would believe that they believe that, but as I wasn't there I couldn't say for sure.

Let's move this to the buns forum, or move on. 

Please.

49 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Perhaps you don't understand how Asian culture works...

Pretty sure I do, I have friends who live in China, and Indonesia. :)

Shadow man you've beaten this horse to the point the glue factory won't even take it. 

Can we please move on, or can we please continue this on the buns forum so it doesn't disrupt this forum further?

5 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

Pretty sure I do, I have friends who live in China, and Indonesia. :)

Have all the friends in the world you like,

Come back to me when you've married into it, worked with it, taught to the culture and get a chance to view it from that perspective...Dont have me start divulging information regards your groups connections...the end result wont be good for your group I can assure you...I mentioned the word direct connection for a reason ( hint, quit while you are ahead)

But like i said, dont take my word for it....read the professors work...you guys have a fancy for academics, between appealing to their authority, or paying them to try and make an argument for you

You guys are funny, thats for sure

2 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Have all the friends in the world you like,

Come back to me when you've married into it, worked with it, taught to the culture and get a chance to view it from that perspective...Dont have me start divulging information regards your groups connections...the end result wont be good for your group I can assure you...I mentioned the word direct connection for a reason ( hint, quit while you are ahead)

But like i said, dont take my word for it....read the professors work...you guys have a fancy for academics, between appealing to their authority, or paying them to try and make an argument for you

You guys are funny, thats for sure

No please divulge all. :D

No please divulge all. :D

Its not here it'd go to @Iliketurtles.

Nobody here cares about your groups dealings. But the actual lineage? Their reaction might be far less to your liking....and I know for a fact you know what I am referencing.

No more need be said on it

I'm of decent character...so I'm going to ignore your prompt. For the benefit of others, not you. 

That's the last I'm saying on the matter...and I suggest it be the last you say on it also. This is not a topic for a forum, lest I get both of us in trouble

You asked to move on several pages ago, and I told you multiple times no problem....so do just that please

Your position is clear...some spirit monster demon that hated westerners forced John out of the school and blocked Jim and all other westerners off...all of a sudden one day

Kostas far more rational take on the matter is not the truth of it at all.

This is perfectly rational and reasonable according to you, and what you choose to believe...

No problem :) 

9 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Its not here it'd go to @Iliketurtles.

Nobody here cares about your groups dealings. But the actual lineage? Their reaction might be far less to your liking....and I know for a fact you know what I am referencing.

No more need be said on it

I'm of decent character...so I'm going to ignore your prompt. For the benefit of others, not you. 

That's the last I'm saying on the matter...and I suggest it be the last you say on it also. This is not a topic for a forum, lest I get both of us in trouble

You asked to move on several pages ago, and I told you multiple times no problem....so do just that please

Your position is clear...some spirit monster demon that hated westerners forced John out of the school and blocked Jim and all other westerners off...all of a sudden one day

Kostas far more rational take on the matter is not the truth of it at all.

This is perfectly rational and reasonable according to you, and what you choose to believe...

No problem :) 

So to be clear, I think John may have had a dream or a vision of May Yung Chen.  

If this dream or vision was real, subconscious fiction or hallucination I don't know.

I think John believed what he said, and that he did not have ulterior motives, and that he was not trying to lie or twist the truth. 

I believe John acted on his beliefs, if those beliefs were founded in reality or not I do not know.

I hope that clarifies my position. 

Please let us move on, or move to the buns.

Edited by Iliketurtles

On 07/03/2022 at 9:50 AM, Iliketurtles said:

Basically it boils down to Nungali,  Mo Pai threads that stretch on and on wind up with people being banned. 

The Dao Buns thedaobuns.com is set up to allow for this without disrupting this forum here. 

It is a win win.

Nah , people dont get banned for  making long mo pai threads ... they get banned for breaking posting rules !

If you where not just playing avoidence , with your insistence that this thread should be taken to another forum and you where not going to continue ... you would not have posted again after that .

But here you are, still carrying on with it . Its clear you DO want to carry on here , but you are really avoiding certain questions put to you  .. and  its clear that is NOT for the reasons you are claiming here .

And what is with starting up  and going on with such a discussion here and then insisting the converstaion be moved to another  ( attempted rival ? ) forum ???

THAT would get you modded on other sites .

1 minute ago, Nungali said:

Nah , people dont get banned for  making long mo pai threads ... they get banned for breaking posting rules !

If you where not just playing avoidence , with your insistence that this thread should be taken to another forum and you where not going to continue ... you would not have posted again after that .

But here you are, still carrying on with it . Its clear you DO want to carry on here , but you are really avoiding certain questions put to you  .. and  its clear that is NOT for the reasons you are claiming here .

And what is with starting up  and going on with such a discussion here and then insisting the converstaion be moved to another  ( attempted rival ? ) forum ???

THAT would get you modded on other sites .

I'll have to disagree with you here, best wishes to you.

On 07/03/2022 at 9:51 AM, Iliketurtles said:

Long drawn out 100, or even 1000 page posts can occur on the buns forum, they cannot occur here, and they if attempted people get banned, that is the long and short of it.

No , again people get banned for breaking forum rules , not for contributing to long 100 page posts .

This is clear to everyone , so  what you are saying is clearly   an evasive excuse .

On 07/03/2022 at 9:52 AM, Iliketurtles said:

That is certainly your prerogative to believe that, if you want to have a long discussion on the topic you are welcome to do it on the buns forum where it won't create a problem here.

If you do not stop advertising that discussion  here  should be moved to your  site , I going to put in a report .

When threads reach some arbitrary number of pages, people who break no rules get removed to stop it, or the thread gets locked and hidden. 

23 hours ago, Iliketurtles said:

To be clear, even with no insults whatsoever the administration here removes people they see as being problematic,  continuing a discussion past some arbitrary number of pages constitutes a problem in their eyes. 

It's a no win situation.

The buns forum allows for discussions that go for 100, or 1,000 pages even.

That is why I suggested mo pai discussion occur where it can occur, because it cannot here insults or not.

Also SOMAD is not a preferred name for any mo pai group that I am aware of, nor is western mo pai.

BUT it IS continuing here ... and YOU are continuing it .

cant you see your own fallacy here  ?

2 minutes ago, Nungali said:

BUT it IS continuing here ... and YOU are continuing it .

cant you see your own fallacy here  ?

It's clear we don't see eye to eye so all I can do is wish you the best. 

21 hours ago, Iliketurtles said:

Shadow as I've explained I can only state what John said in his letters.

I personally don't know if what he saw of May Yung Chen was a dream, or if he was being dishonest with Jim or if there's some other explanation.

I'd say having letters written from John are about as good as you could probably do so I'll leave it at that and if you'd like to keep arguing about this then please let's do it in a different environment where we won't bother the people here and people don't wind up getting banned when this thread reaches page 185. 

Peace out.

Thats just stupid

what the thread gets to  a certain number of pages and then the mods ban everyone in the thread for posting too much .

1 minute ago, Nungali said:

Thats just stupid

what the thread gets to  a certain number of pages and then the mods ban everyone in the thread for posting too much .

They seem to like to remove those who pipe up in defense of mo pai quite a bit more than the opposition or at least that is my biased perspective.