13 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Yes. My dogs sensed when people they knew were dying. When other dogs died, they also had gone through depression. They mourn and even long for their human, dog, and cat friends.

Friend had a big dog  - bull mastiff guard dog  - and a little fluff dog .  Little dog died and big dog got depressed. Later my friend  came home and saw garbage bin had been gone through 'Bad dog ! '  she never did that before . But then friend noticed the little dog's toy , which she had thrown in the garbage had been retrieved and placed on the little dogs bed .  She threw it out again but same happened next day .

So now they ( dog and owner)  have a little 'shrine' in the laundry ; big dog's bed with big dog in it and little dog's bed next to that with the toy in it .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Friend had a big dog  - bull mastiff guard dog  - and a little fluff dog .  Little dog died and big dog got depressed. Later my friend  came home and saw garbage bin had been gone through 'Bad dog ! '  she never did that before . But then friend noticed the little dog's toy , which she had thrown in the garbage had been retrieved and placed on the little dogs bed .  She threw it out again but same happened next day .

So now they ( dog and owner)  have a little 'shrine' in the laundry ; big dog's bed with big dog in it and little dog's bed next to that with the toy in it .

I woke up from a night terror once, screaming and then sobbing. Alone, nobody was there but my dogs and cats.

One dog immediately began licking me frantically, the other dog came from under the bed sniffing me and vigilantly watching and pacing around me, the three cats came and started grooming me, and eventually all five began patrolling my bed and watching a certain direction as though something there were agitating them.

The bed was crammed that night with the six of us when I finally tried to sleep again, but I never wanted to get up because this was the most love I ever felt, even more than I’d ever had from humans.

Now whenever an oral transmission or empowerment happens in my Buddhist practices, they all get rounded up and I lock the door so that we all receive Buddhist blessings so that none of us will ever be separated again through our various incarnations.

• Like 2

....looking from the outside in there is mystery, looking from the inside out there is simplicity,

an unbreakable, joyous simplicity that is of true and complete satisfaction.

Edited by old3bob
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, old3bob said:

....looking from the outside in there is mystery, looking from the inside out there is simplicity,

an unbreakable, joyous simplicity that is of true and complete satisfaction.

I admit these may be a stupid questions; but,

Looking from the inside out?  Would one see the effects of karma?  Does Karma, in your opinion, exist as part of the 'joyous simplicity'?  Or is that a different model/system/paradigm?

In case it's needed for clarification:  Karma, if I understand, is a universal accounting for virtue vs. harmful actions.

Thank you,

IMO , no karma does not exist as 'universal accounting for virtue vs. harmful actions.' , except in the minds of humans .

As a Universal Force though it does exist but relates to a different concept than this  ^  ..... its more like  ;   every force / action  has certain repercussions

and 're percussions ' can spread out ,  like

linus-nylund-Q5QspluNZmM-unsplash-1060x7

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

I admit these may be a stupid questions; but,

Looking from the inside out?  Would one see the effects of karma?  Does Karma, in your opinion, exist as part of the 'joyous simplicity'?  Or is that a different model/system/paradigm?

In case it's needed for clarification:  Karma, if I understand, is a universal accounting for virtue vs. harmful actions.

Thank you,

I'm no expert but I'd say a true master can see/understand another's karma's or patterns of karmic/mind stuff, for how else would they be able to help one balance such karma's out....  Thought forms have energy and or (astral) mass in a certain way and I'd say that one's attached karmic recordings in soul are not unlike that, thus  we have to untangle from them to free joyous spiritual simplicity from such coverings.  One might say good karma could be likened to clean, thin and light steel, while dark karma could be likened to rusty, thick and heavy steel.  (an analogy from my mechanical background)

• Like 1

Mankind is not above nature, not above human nature, or nature itself.  We are subject to the actions of others, and the actions of nature.  No amount of technology or spirituality will prevent these events.  Children will always test wisdom, and nature will always cause catastrophe.

true, mankind can not break the laws of the universe but there is an escape velocity, if reached, that does not break those laws but supersedes them,  thus a person can attain freedom from the mechanics of suffering which is part and parcel to the nature of forms, some call that escape velocity Love.  

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 2

On 19/10/2021 at 12:26 PM, helpfuldemon said:

Mankind is not above nature, not above human nature, or nature itself.  We are subject to the actions of others, and the actions of nature.  No amount of technology or spirituality will prevent these events.  Children will always test wisdom, and nature will always cause catastrophe.

Except when it causes good stuff .

10 hours ago, helpfuldemon said:

The movements of planets do not influence activity on Earth, and even if they did, there is no way we could know how to prove what they do.

Yet you seem comfortable claiming with certainty that there is no influence.

Interesting.

Blanket statements of certainty in realms of this nature seldom seem helpful, but they are revealing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, helpfuldemon said:

The movements of planets do not influence activity on Earth, and even if they did, there is no way we could know how to prove what they do.

No .... there is continual proof since the neolithic that activities on earth ( including, farming ,  fishing , hunting , and many human and animal activities ) have been influenced by the Moon .  And also ,particularly with human activities, it has  - people actually observed the movement of the planets and adjusted their activities according to that  . Invasions where launched or postponed , great battles fought , kings appointed, etc etc  all due to the perceived motion and position of the planets .

( I bet you are a Taurus !  ;)     - they often doubt such things     :D  )

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nungali said:

No .... there is continual proof since the neolithic that activities on earth ( including, farming ,  fishing , hunting , and many human and animal activities ) have been influenced by the Moon .  And also ,particularly with human activities, it has  - people actually observed the movement of the planets and adjusted their activities according to that  . Invasions where launched or postponed , great battles fought , kings appointed, etc etc  all due to the perceived motion and position of the planets .

( I bet you are a Taurus !  ;)     - they often doubt such things     :D  )

hey man don't mess with us Taureans unless you want to catch a horn :lol:

On 10/21/2021 at 8:23 PM, helpfuldemon said:

just listen, the stars and planets are singing...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, helpfuldemon said:

Rubbish, rubbish

It is a saddening process when I witness a soul who, not listening, stomps about claiming 'Nature is mute'.

58 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I am still awaiting his reply on why he tagged himself    helpfulldemon  ......

A demon may not be inclined to reveal their true intention so readily…

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2021 at 8:23 PM, helpfuldemon said:

The planets, including ours, are rotating.  Without rotation, there would be no Time.  Surely it does affect us, if you think about it.  Actually, you don't even need to really think about it.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I no longer believe in Magick.  I used to think that we emitted an energy field that interacted with one another.  I used to believe in the power to influence and interact with each other on this plane.  I used to think that we could speak with a sixth sense.  I no longer believe in the miraculous, at least where mankind is concerned; what we feel, we feel only to ourselves.  What we think is only thought by us.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, helpfuldemon said:

Well I no longer believe in Magick.  I used to think that we emitted an energy field that interacted with one another.  I used to believe in the power to influence and interact with each other on this plane.  I used to think that we could speak with a sixth sense.  I no longer believe in the miraculous, at least where mankind is concerned; what we feel, we feel only to ourselves.  What we think is only thought by us.  

Sounds like you are suffering from Gattungswesen Entfremdung .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marx's_theory_of_alienation#From_their_Gattungswesen_(species-essence)

Why isn't that what is perceivable and influencable by word and deed alone (no tricks) not good enough? Why does there have to be (what I'd call) undue influence to live a great or good life? Why can't that which is haunting you just be some ultimate real part of you that wonders where your true path is and work out stuff from your past that didn't went that well?

I truly believe you can still find the miraculous elsewhere, macrocosmos of nature, relationships, science, astronomy, arts, music, people, history or whatever you choose if you actually wish to!

Edited by questionmark
rephrasing, seemed impolite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1