Sign in to follow this  
Nuralshamal

My experience with Spring Forest Qigong

Dear Dao Bums,

This is the post I always searched for; a no nonsense, personal description of my experiences with the Spring Forest Qigong system of Chunyi Lin.

1) First I'll give an intro as to my thoughts on Spring Forest Qigong and how it works in general.

2) Then I'll go through level 1, 2 and 3 of the system (there are 5 levels in total).

3) Thereafter I'll give a short summary of what I've covered.

4) Finally I'll conclude my post.

Intro:
There is an enormeous amount of qi transmission from Chunyi Lin in Spring Forest Qigong. Even though you simply follow the instructional videos online, or go to train with an assistant teacher, they're all connected to Chunyi Lin's qi.

This is because a hallmark of Spring Forest Qigong is "connecting to the master's qi".

Therefore, your personal individual energy system gets plugged in to the larger container of Spring Forest Qigong. 

Just like you pay taxes in the country you live in, and then in return you get access to education, school, health care, protection from police force and army, roads and traffic regulation etc.

In Spring Forest Qigong, the "taxes" are simply practicing the system every day. In return, you get access to the qi of all Spring Forest Qigong Practitioners, Chunyi Lin, and the masters of Chunyi Lin which he's connected to (alive in China that he trained with, or simply master in spiritual form he is connected to).

Therefore you can achieve good results very fast, as you plug in your energy system to a larger, shared container.

Level 1

Here you learn basic standing exercises, which open your body and meridians, circulate and build your qi, as well as building your lower dan tien (the foundation for your physical strength and health, your physical vitality.)

These exercises might seem basic, however, they contain everything you need to build up your vitality (jing, physical body) and energy (qi, energetic body).

Level 2
Here you start to focus more on how to apply the qi you've built towards healing others; it can be people or animals. It can be through qi-massage or through qi transmission through your hands.

You learn qigong exercises to increase your healing power through your hands.

You also learn some qigong exercises to start to build your spiritual energy, your shen, your consciousness. This is because building this up will increase your healing power, as well as your ability to easier understand what's wrong with the patient and how to heal it.

Level 3
Here you start to go more into the spiritual side of qigong. This is done through longer and deeper meditations, fasting, as well as some explanations about how the universe works.

You also learn about the third eye and auras.

Summary:
In level one everything is covered for you to attain a strong, healthy body, good energy and a peaceful, relaxed mind. It has everything you need as an individual to take care of yourself and your health. You develop the lower dan tien.

In level two you learn to share this with others through healing. You develop the lower and middle dan tien.

In level three you go deeper, going into the spiritual side of qigong. This makes you stronger and more spiritual, as well as increase your healing power. Through meditation you start to develop your upper dan tien and third eye.

Conclusion:
This was a very short explanation of the system in general. I will provide information about level 4 as soon as I take it.

Be blessed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

How long have you trained Spring Forest Qigong? Have you experienced any side effects that manifest around McDonald's restaurants? Common ones include giving spontaneous and unsolicited 3rd eye transmissions to complete strangers.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, virtue said:

How long have you trained Spring Forest Qigong? Have you experienced any side effects that manifest around McDonald's restaurants? Common ones include giving spontaneous and unsolicited 3rd eye transmissions to complete strangers.

Hey Virtue,

I've done Spring Forest Qigong for a couple of years.

Nope, no McDonald's side effects ;)

But feel free to ask any questions, then I'll see what I can do to answer them :)

I always thought it was nice to be able to pick someone else's brain about a system, when considering for oneself whether to try out that system.

Be blessed!

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 4:25 PM, virtue said:

What is this referring to?

1 hour ago, EFreethought said:

What is this referring to?

You can look it up and search [email protected] or "orgasm at distance" on this forum, but it may lead to bewilderment and more perplexing questions than real answers.

Some stones are better left unturned. Take care.

@EFreethought @virtue

I cannot speak for others' experiences with Spring Forest Qigong and third eye experiences.

However, I can share my own.

Opening the third eye is like growing a new organ.

Just like your 5 physical senses can do different things, the energetic senses can also do different things.

Just like your interpretation of reality (as perceived through your 5 senses) is dependent on your mind, similarly, your interpretation of the energetic reality (as perceived through your energetic 5 senses, including the third eye) is dependent on your mind.

Your mind is built up of structures. These structures are created in an interaction with the physical world. After receiving life-long inputs from the outside world through your 5 senses, you've built up a mental idea about the world inside your mind.

As you go through new sense experiences, these are then interpreted based on the structures already present in your mind.

Therefore you can expose two people to exactly the same, identical physical sense-experience, however, they will interpret it completely different. Why? Due to the different structures in their mind.

However, we can always get feedback and correction about any sense-experience we acquire, as most people more or less share the same physical sense perception. These corrections lead to people acquiring a "consensus-reality". This consensus-reality is then shared amongst people of similar race, culture, religion, belief system etc.

When we enter into the non-physical realm (i.e. Qi, energy), it's much more difficult to get feedback and correction about the interpretation of our energetically-sensed experiences. This is because the number of people with energetic sense perception is less, and on top of that, their range of energetic sense perception differs. Therefore, they might also perceive an identical phenomenon completely different. Say, one has a range of 10% energetic perception, the other has a range of 60% energetic perception. Their sense-perception will differ.

Therefore it's extremely important to be close to a guiding teacher you can trust when opening up these senses, so they can guide and correct you, making sure you stay in contact with reality, both physically and energetically.

As we hear about others perceiving things outside our own perceptional range, it's only healthy to take these experiences with a grain of salt. Take your own perception of reality as your guide, and if there are people you truly trust, you can also consider their perception.

In my own experience, yes, Spring Forest Qigong can open your third eye and allow you to perceive energy, channels, organs, auras and dis-incarnated souls.

However, other styles of qigong and meditation can do the same.

Just like bodybuilding, gymnastics, weightlifting and swimming can all develop your physical muscles. Similarly, this or that style of qigong and meditation can develop your energy. They might go about it slightly differently, but the end result is somewhat similar.

A bodybuilders muscle mass, a gymnast, a weightlifter, a swimmer, they all have muscles, but their muscular frame, proportions and physical capacity is slightly different.

It's the same with different systems of qigong and meditation.

This was quite the rant, I simply tried to clarify some of the more "mystical" things of qigong in a logical manner.

Feel free to ask questions, give comments, share your own thoughts and feelings if you have any.

Be blessed :)

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 3:49 PM, Nuralshamal said:

But feel free to ask any questions, then I'll see what I can do to answer them :)

Hi Nuralshamal! Would you mind sharing some insight and experiences regarding the small universe as practiced in SFQ ? 

Posted (edited)

Hi @Rakiel,

Thanks for your message :)

Yes of course.

Chunyi Lin mentions that there are 4 ways to cultivate, activate and manipulate energy:

1) Body
2) Breath
3) Mantras / sound
4) Mind

The small universe in SFQ uses especially 1) the mind and 2) mantras to open and circulate the small universe. It's done in a seated position.

Building the lower dan tien and opening the microcosmic orbit or small universe is something every single system of qigong I've ever tried focuses on.

What's good about SFQ is that mantras are very powerful, so they will activate and get your energy moving.

Over time, when you have practiced it daily for a longer period, the channels "get used" to being open and circulated. 

Another advantage in SFQ is that because you're in a relaxed, seated position, it's doesn't matter if you're elderly, sick, have bad knees etc. Everyone can do the practice and benefit from it.

Compare this to other more strenous, standing, more body oriented methods, and there's a definitive advantage in SFQ.

Personally I can feel the vibrations of the qi as I focus my mind on the different energy spots and say the mantras. I can also see/sense the color of the energy. I can also see/sense if some places are more blocked than others, or more open. Finally I can also see/sense the strength of the energy.

My perception of energy (being able to firstly sense it as pulsating vibrations, and later being able to see it) started with Simplified Kundalini Yoga (I've written about it in another post).

Later when I started qigong, it was very handy to be able to sense the qi as it moves about the body during different exercises. Then you can truly sense which teachers give strong qi transmission, and of course which exercises really work for your body and energy.

I personally really like SFQ.

Edited by Nuralshamal
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this