On 6/25/2022 at 11:15 AM, natural said:

Clear concise communication!

Apparently s/he was reacting to the shutter noise of the remote camera.

• Like 1

On 17/09/2022 at 4:45 AM, steve said:

This sounds like a wild cat!

image.png

I could do that :

" What are you guys doing home already ?  I am not hungry yet .  ..... You call this food ? Where is the good stuff ?   ..... I didnt like your expression this morning, so I shat in your headphones. ......  Mice ? I would not go near them, horrible diseased little buggers ! .... No , dont disturb me for several hours, I will be  busy lying in the sun .  "

Edited by Nungali

3 hours ago, steve said:

F80B6744-1A78-47C8-B9AC-ACF86CC8A545.jpeg

I suspected as much !    The answer to why a feline can laze in the sun all day  like a fat blimp ... then suddenly move like agile greased lightening ;  they do callisthenics in secret !

the do callisthenics  in secret !    

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, steve said:

Pallas' Cat

image.png

Pallas' is in a class of its own.  Those human eyes in a cat face woven into a ball of fur!  

The Manul Cat Is The Most Expressive Cat In The World | Bored Panda

• Like 3

May be a black-and-white image of cat and outdoors

This photo is called The Mob. It was taken in 1961 in New Jersey by Walter Chandoha. He was a professional cat photographer, shooting over 90,000 photos of cats. His work appeared in magazines like National Geographic and Life as well as calendars, books and cans of cat food.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Taomeow said:

May be a black-and-white image of cat and outdoors

This photo is called The Mob. It was taken in 1961 in New Jersey by Walter Chandoha. He was a professional cat photographer, shooting over 90,000 photos of cats. His work appeared in magazines like National Geographic and Life as well as calendars, books and cans of cat food.

They look like a force to be reckoned with; I reckon not to be messed with.

I recently learned that cats meow only when speaking with humans. 
90% of the time my two speak cat with me. It’s only when I don’t get it when they resort to meowing at me.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2023 at 1:17 PM, zerostao said:

They look like a force to be reckoned with; I reckon not to be messed with.

I recently learned that cats meow only when speaking with humans. 
90% of the time my two speak cat with me. It’s only when I don’t get it when they resort to meowing at me.

Meowing when you don't get it is the cat equivalent of making a scene. :)      

I also heard on the wide web that cats only meow to speak with humans, but I'm not sure I believe it.  Living in or visiting places where there's stray cats allowed to roam free and remain fertile, I heard so many meows cats address to each other when looking for love or to pick a fight. 

I had a cat who spoke in clear statements, e.g. uttered greetings and farewells every time she entered or exited the room.  Her "hi" and "bye" sounded different from the way we say it but they were consistent for this specific situation, like any words with specific dictionary meanings.  In similar consistent words she asked questions ("when is breakfast?"), answered questions when asked ("what would you like for breakfast?" -- "not sure..." -- "how about some fish?" -- "yeah, OK"), never interrupted a speaking human, never ignored a question, and so on.  My current cat is still too young for a broad vocabulary, but some phrases are already idiomatic -- e.g. a special way she says "try and catch me," "you can't catch me, you're too slow!" and so on.

• Like 3