Toni

Exercises to open the chest and intercostal muscles

Posted (edited)

These last days I am focusing on exercises to open and stretch the chest area, the rib cage and the intercostal muscles. I want to open the channels, meridians and chakras of this area (B)), as I feel I have some deep tissue blockages there. I am doing several exercises, mainly consisting of opening the arms at the side to spread the chest. Can you share some good exercises/ideas to help remove blockages there? I link some of the exercises I am doing:

image.png.a03bdba7577806d71d8597d9522dc76d.png

In this video the first and the third exercise focus very well on chest opening. The third one is very good and similar to an exercise recommended by Charles Atlas.

image.png

Also in the next video this beautiful woman does an exercise to open the chest.

The first exercise of ba duan jin

image.png.be7a50286fae8811c06533f080aa3a11.png

In all these exercises we see the pattern of extending the arms in order to open and stretch the chest.

Edited by Toni

How to open this tissue well? years of practice haven't ended the job

The physical exercises are part of it. Then there is the mind, so do you feel a tendency to tense up? 

If so, that needs to be cleared out (completion and release). 

• Like 1

Yes, i have a tendency to tense up my upper torso. A qigong master i had told me this some time ago

Sure but i know i need exercises to open the tissue. I feel tightness in the area

Here comes the over-the-counter tip: Pick any, probably doesn't matter. 

Followed by the advice: Consult someone who can help you find the root, and then choose exercises from that. 

Or, my favourite, take the time to immerse yourself in a good system. If it is good, it will probably work with all your issues, although in its time and not in the order you might prefer. 

• Like 1