Salvijus

Are the different types of kundalini?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Yesterday I had a kundalini experience triggered by reading a certain passage in the bible. I closed my eyes and just allowed the energy move freely. It started to vibrate strongly in the heart chakra as I was focusing more on it it intensified more and more then shifted to 5th then 6th then 7th chakra then energy somehow went to to base chakra and then started to go upwards through the spine all the up in my brains and top of the head and then just whole body was vibrating. This whole cycle of energy to travel took about 1.30h. I had no idea what is happening nor was I controlling it, I just allowed Jesus grace to do the work and this is what happened. This sounds very simmilar to typical kundalini I heard of. Now I feel constant energy in me like I'm on coffee 24/7. I sleep only 4h I have too much energy that never runs out. I feel a little bit of burning or itching sensation in my spine occasionally, I think my nervous system is adjusting to this new intense energy. (Hope this is not something bad) so far I'm handling the energy pretty well. I read some horrific experiences of other people experiencing the same itching/burning sensation all over the body nonstop and go into madness... scary stuff

What do you think? Is this kundalini? I can't turn it off either.

What should I do? This energy seems to be purifing me without me doing anything. Should I still meditate? I'm a bit afraid to meditate now because this is a strange territoty for me, I don't want to intensify my kundalini by accident to the point where it will begin burning even more. Now is enough as it is.

Anyone has something to say?  Are here any who are going through kundalini also?

Cheers, please replay and have a nice day :)

Edited by Salvijus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

What do you think? Is this kundalini? I can't turn it off either.

What should I do?

 

I don't think it's kundalini - but it's something :)

 

I would suggest sitting in stillness with it. Trying to ignore it or 'make it less' might just create more heat in the system. Sit in stillness and let go - don't attach too much significance to it, don't try to work out what's happening or become hypervigilant to what's going on inside. Just sit, breathe, let go.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@freeformthank you for your response, I appreaciate it :)

 

I can imagine what weird kind of energy manifestations are possible besides kundalini then :D interesting world of spirituality :)

Edited by Salvijus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hello,simple sincere  prayer instead of some type of meditation method may be the way to go until you get a much better handle on what is going on, more so if you do not have a qualified teacher...For some information there is,  "Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man" by Gopi Krishna  which I believe is on Amazon.  This author has written several books and gives lots of first hand details, that is if you haven't already come across him before.  Stay well grounded, taking walks in nature and keeping up work on your normal daily  routines and relationships goes hand in hand for balance  and should be good general advice to help deal with changes...   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Yesterday I had a kundalini experience triggered by reading a certain passage in the bible. I closed my eyes and just allowed the energy move freely. It started to vibrate strongly in the heart chakra as I was focusing more on it it intensified more and more then shifted to 5th then 6th then 7th chakra then energy somehow went to to base chakra and then started to go upwards through the spine all the up in my brains and top of the head and then just whole body was vibrating. This whole cycle of energy to travel took about 1.30h. I had no idea what is happening nor was I controlling it, I just allowed Jesus grace to do the work and this is what happened. This sounds very simmilar to typical kundalini I heard of. Now I feel constant energy in me like I'm on coffee 24/7. I sleep only 4h I have too much energy that never runs out. I feel a little bit of burning or itching sensation in my spine occasionally, I think my nervous system is adjusting to this new intense energy. (Hope this is not something bad) so far I'm handling the energy pretty well. I read some horrific experiences of other people experiencing the same itching/burning sensation all over the body nonstop and go into madness... scary stuff

What do you think? Is this kundalini? I can't turn it off either.

What should I do? This energy seems to be purifing me without me doing anything. Should I still meditate? I'm a bit afraid to meditate now because this is a strange territoty for me, I don't want to intensify my kundalini by accident to the point where it will begin burning even more. Now is enough as it is.

Anyone has something to say?  Are here any who are going through kundalini also?

Cheers, please replay and have a nice day :)

 

There are not different types of kundalini. Have you been intentionally forcing through certain types of yoga or even pranayama? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kundalini is the untapped power of creation - so it depends on how you want to look at it, or describe it. Are there different types of endless potential?  Sounds like the same thing to me, but then again its all "potential" - so, in that way its like the One that becomes the 10,000 things.

 

It is intimately involved with all aspects of the nervous system and especially the spine itself and the sushumna.  It is described as being "coiled" when it is in the dormant state at the bottom of the spine.  When it "awakens", it is akin to a runaway train - in the sense that you dont have power over it, but rather it has power over you.  However it can be directed and channeled in various ways and therefore it will display various effects when combining with and "supercharging" whatever it is applied to.

 

This is also why you hear so many warnings about it - because it has that uncontrollable aspect of intensity.  If your energetic channels and chakras are not clear enough to allow it through... or if the way is not made straight... then it impacts with and rebounds from whatever blockages are present in the psycho-spiritual body.  Again, this will display various "issues" and side-effects depending on whatever blockage or problem it is "supercharging". 

 

When its coiled up in the bottom of the spine, Its a bit like water (or the Divine Fiery Water) resting behind a flood-gate... but once its released and flowing, it does its own thing according to its own laws.

 

Quote

Ben Kenobi:  Remember, a Jedi can feel the Force flowing through him.

Luke Skywalker:  You mean it controls your actions?

Kenobi:  Partially, but it also obeys your commands.

 

-Star Wars, 1977

 

Quote

 Power is something a warrior deals with. At first it's an incredible, far-fetched affair; it is hard to even think about it. Then power becomes a serious matter; one may not have it, or one may not even fully realize that it exists, yet one knows that something is there, something which was not noticeable before. Next power is manifested as something uncontrollable that comes to oneself. It is not possible for me to say how it comes or what it really is. It is nothing and yet it makes marvels appear before your very eyes. And finally power is something in oneself, something that controls one's acts and yet obeys one's command.

 

- CC, 1972

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ralis said:

 

There are not different types of kundalini. Have you been intentionally forcing through certain types of yoga or even pranayama? 

I used to do a little bit of pranayama, kriya yoga and hatha yoga for about a year before but never any chakra work. I also started to experience about a month ago a new pathway of energy when I do specific form of self-inquiry where I reach a certain state and when I stay there the energy starts boiling at the root chakra but doesn't go through the spine it goes in the front of the body through all the 7 chakras and descends to 4th chakra and then again rises like this in circles, each time I make a circle the energy becomes more and more intense where deep states of equanimity, almost samadhi happens. I'm calling this shiva kundalini becouse his image always appears in my mind when I do this form of self-inquiry. But I don't know what this is also. It seem to have a brain of it's own.

 

Here in Christian kundalini I wasnt using any vizualization, any breathing technique no mantra no self-inquiry nothing, I just focused on the "Jesus vibe" sort of like a devotional feeling inside that I got from reading the bible and the energy was moving by itself, I was just observing where will it go next as I continue to focus in devotion and trying intensify it. I only had to make myself available and open and somehow it happened. I think I'd be able to repeat again but I don't think that would be a smart thing to do right now :D

@old3bob thank you for your words :)

@ऋषि cheers! :)

.....

 

 

OMG!!!

The pathway of energy described here resembles what happened to me.

I think this might be some kind of christian version of kundalini indeed.

Edited by Salvijus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are three kinds of kundalini. What is most commonly known is called “prana kundalini”.

 

A more subtle kundalini is “chit kundalini”. The awakening of this is also known as “enlightenment”. This awakening will also imply prana kundalini is awake. There needs to be sufficient purification of the mind via past life good karma and/or present life purifications  for chit kundalini to awaken. 
 

There is also another called “parā kundalini” which is beyond the scope of embodied humans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dwai said:

There is also another called “parā kundalini” which is beyond the scope of embodied humans. 

 

What does that mean, beyond the scope of embodied humans? As in, you've already left the body at that point? :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, anshino23 said:

 

What does that mean, beyond the scope of embodied humans? As in, you've already left the body at that point? :) 

Yes, it means one is not in the human body. There are (at least) 14 other realms besides the one we inhabit after all :)  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is like a Kundalini rising experience, not a awakening yet.

Enjoy the experience. You can calm the effect by concentrating on the base of the spin or just keep observing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dwai said:

Yes, it means one is not in the human body. There are (at least) 14 other realms besides the one we inhabit after all :)  

 

Thank you :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dwai said:

There are three kinds of kundalini. What is most commonly known is called “prana kundalini”.

 

A more subtle kundalini is “chit kundalini”. The awakening of this is also known as “enlightenment”. This awakening will also imply prana kundalini is awake. There needs to be sufficient purification of the mind via past life good karma and/or present life purifications  for chit kundalini to awaken. 
 

There is also another called “parā kundalini” which is beyond the scope of embodied humans. 

 

It appears to be different given the human penchant to name and control. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ralis said:

 

It appears to be different given the human penchant to name and control. 

It's not. :) 

They are different in quality and process of activation is different too :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Bhathen said:

This is like a Kundalini rising experience, not a awakening yet.

Enjoy the experience. You can calm the effect by concentrating on the base of the spin or just keep observing.

 

Yea I think you're right, maybe if I did a few more of these, then maybe something more profound would happen because something felt like missing. I was expecting some great explosion to happen when the energy hits the top of the head but nothing happened, just a deep equanimity and silence, I became breathless for about 30sec soaking in that stillness. But that's about it. I would imagine a kundalini awakening to be more with fireworks and crazy things flying :D

 

1 hour ago, Dainin said:

You might want to look at the book Kundalini Energy and Christian Spirituality: A Pathway to Growth and Healing by Philip St. Romain.

Thanks, looks intersting :)

Edited by Salvijus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ralis said:

 

It appears to be different given the human penchant to name and control. 

 

21 minutes ago, dwai said:

It's not. :) 

They are different in quality and process of activation is different too :) 

 

The difference in arising qualities, is this only noted after experience in an attempt to share, or is there a differentiation somehow expressed/manifested during experience? As expressed, why wouldn't this fit with a human penchant to name and control?

 

And could this "process of activation" actually fit within the parameter expressed as a human penchant to name and control?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dwai said:

It's not. :) 

They are different in quality and process of activation is different too :) 

 

Kundalini is the EM field of the biosphere and everyone wants to mystify it or make it a religious experience. The reductionist approach is useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
1
54 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

 

 

The difference in arising qualities, is this only noted after experience in an attempt to share, or is there a differentiation somehow expressed/manifested during experience? As expressed, why wouldn't this fit with a human penchant to name and control?

The differences in arising qualities manifest during experience. One is in the domain of  Prana (Qi), while the other is in the domain of Consciousness (Chit). They are inter-related, but are different stages of development (Prana lower, Chit higher). 

54 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

 

And could this "process of activation" actually fit within the parameter expressed as a human penchant to name and control?

Not really about control, but it certainly has to do with the mind's limitations. :) 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, ralis said:

Kundalini is the EM field of the biosphere and everyone wants to mystify it or make it a religious experience. The reductionist approach is useless.

 

Gold

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Yea I think you're right, maybe if I did a few more of these, then maybe something more profound would happen because something felt like missing. I was expecting some great explosion to happen when the energy hits the top of the head but nothing happened, just a deep equanimity and silence, I became breathless for about 30sec soaking in that stillness. But that's about it. I would imagine a kundalini awakening to be more with fireworks and crazy things flying :D

 

Thanks, looks intersting :)

 

one can get their head blown off but I would not recommend it... :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ralis said:

 

Kundalini is the EM field of the biosphere and everyone wants to mystify it or make it a religious experience. The reductionist approach is useless.

 

To me, that sounds a lot more mystified than many other explanations...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites