SirPalomides

Paintings you like

Michael Alexandrowitsch Wrubel    "Der Morgen"  

New Painting for our new Living Room

09194267959211ae20c5b7b4da7e747f.jpg

• Like 4

Nice choice.  

I've seen Vrubel's 1890 hit, The Demon Seated, in the original.  It felt... well, otherworldy.   

Image result for ÐÑÑбелÑ

Image result for ÐÑÑбелÑ

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Very cool.

They do have a quality to them.

This one is wie us for almost a year now and it still catches me.

• Like 1

Happy Birthday Monet !!

May be art of tree and outdoors

"

Monet painted this dark, moody canvas of a willow tree growing at the edge of his water lily pond during the last year of World War I. He finished the painting the day after the peace settlement ending the fighting was signed. The subject, a willow tree, was a long-recognized symbol of remembrance of the dead, and Monet intended to offer this work to the French government as his personal tribute. For reasons unknown, the painting was never transferred, but Monet went on to create a huge cycle of water lily paintings that now are housed in the Museum of the Orangerie in Paris.
Painted late in Monet’s long life, this work demonstrates the Impressionist commitment to capturing the ever-changing motion of the sunlit natural world with detached, gestural brushstrokes of divided color. Here, however, his palette is darker and mood more emphatically somber compared to his earlier works.
Weeping Willow, 1918. Oil on canvas. Gift of Howard D. and Babette L. Sirak, the Donors to the Campaign for Enduring Excellence, and the Derby Fund"

----Coumbus Museum of Art
  • Like 3

Serhii Vasylkivsky 
Sunset over the Lake
National Art Museum of Ukraine

AFB8255C-C66C-457A-A20E-FDDBA25B29A2.jpeg

• Like 5