Cleansox

Brain cleansing in the internal arts

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Starjumper said:

 

In these modern times there are two basic types of teachers.  

 

Type 1. Are ones who have a job, a business, or are retired, and teach a few friends because they love their art. 

 

Type 2.  Are ones who do not have a day job, and teaching for a living, they generally take all comers because to them it's a business.

 

You will find both masters and amateurs in both of those groups, but the ones who teach high level spiritual/power methods can be found ONLY in the type one group.

 

Students are also divided into two groups depending on their karma.  It is nearly impossible to change these things, and the low level types can not hear it.

 

I'll also point out that Type 2 can teach high level methods, but they will restrict it to an inner circle and still remain like Type 1.

 

Often, they will make up something and tell someone they want to get rid of or laugh at that they are teaching them sUpEr SpEsHuHl SeCrEt TeChNiQuEzZ fOr 1337 H4XX0|2Z. The kind of person they do this to is usually the arrogant foreigner who feels entitled and paid a lot to merely fly over to learn from them but displayed no character development. 

 

Even in a school which claims that there are no secrets, there are still requirements to obtain the skills, and elite skills that they reserve for the inner circle. 

 

Another terrible technique is that some schools will tell each person individually and privately that they all have been chosen to learn a secret technique and are not allowed to talk with everyone else about it, and either teach them all the same low level technique with the exception of one person who gets the actual technique, or use that as a means of character testing. This has rarely led to good consequences

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Earl Grey said:

Often, they will make up something and tell someone they want to get rid of or laugh at that they are teaching them sUpEr SpEsHuHl SeCrEt TeChNiQuEzZ fOr 1337 H4XX0|2Z.

 

Yeah thats very possible. Simply trolling fools and selecting decent seeds for internal training.

 

There is often a barrier in non-verbal transmission, that is basicly the most important part of teaching that not everyone can "catch" or "grasp".  People who believe there is some kind of manual or a written book that can teach them everything are far in the delusion realm of spiritual practice.

 

Most key things are transmissions that are not verbal. If you are exceptionally talented or gifted you could gain those transmissions from the world through years of practice.

 

Lately I have tendency to avoid any talking, bla bla and lectures out there. Only looking for direct qualities / powers few people do have.

 

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

they all have been chosen to learn a secret technique and are not allowed to talk with everyone else about it, and either teach them all the same low level technique with the exception of one person who gets the actual techniqu

 

They are also usually autocratic, prevent critical thinking and self analysis. People dont ask why or how, and just conditioned to do same practice for decades, reminds of Western pie.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GSmaster said:

based on old texts

 

11 hours ago, GSmaster said:

Which is why I am asking what you can do.

Stick to the old texts and don't make up facts buddy. Honest investigation and honesty are essential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, EmeraldHead said:

Stick to the old texts and don't make up facts buddy. Honest investigation and honesty are essential.

 

Not interested in texts. If you cant speak from your personal practical experience, our discussion here is over.

Edited by GSmaster
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, EmeraldHead said:

 

Stick to the old texts and don't make up facts buddy. Honest investigation and honesty are essential.


Why don’t you cite your sources? Reading from “the old texts” often has a lot of problems when one doesn’t read the original language or know the nuances that translations can and often miss when a translator is a scholar, not a cultivator, and then there is the bias of people who claim they know like Jeff acolytes who are really appropriating concepts and saying totally bogus shit.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

 

Not interested in texts. If you cant speak from your personal practical experience, our discussion here is over.

it was over when you were not paying attention to anything I was typing. Bringing up facts and the lot. You are right your siddhis are minor. I can feel what you're capable of but you can only feel the 3 in me. Yet very arrogant still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:


Why don’t you cite your sources? Reading from “the old texts” often has a lot of problems when one doesn’t read the original language or know the nuances, and then there is the bias of people who claim they know like Jeff acolytes who are really appropriating concepts and saying totally bogus shit.

Why don't you cite where it says that post-natal chi increases IQ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EmeraldHead said:

Why don't you cite where it says that post-natal chi increases IQ?


I never said that. You’re confusing who said that and makes me wonder about your ability to glean details or if you’re making things up.

 

Why don’t YOU cite or explain why it does or doesn’t then?

 

My only interest here comes from seeing someone speak with such certainty and self-assuredness to see if they can explain it or not and prove it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EmeraldHead said:

it was over when you were not paying attention to anything I was typing. Bringing up facts and the lot. You are right your siddhis are minor. I can feel what you're capable of but you can only feel the 3 in me. Yet very arrogant still.

 

The thing is, anyone can read books and texts. But there are just so few people on our planet with actual abilities or siddhi.

 

It is quite dangerous to learn from books / old texts without a guidance of qualified master and we can see the results of such approach from people who overfocus on texts and "library study".

 

I would question whenever you have developed any abilities as you are clearly unable to answer the simplest of questions from personal experience, and it is strikingly obvious.

 

8 minutes ago, EmeraldHead said:

You are right your siddhis are minor.

 

:lol: Yeah, there could be around few hundred people on whole planet with such abilities.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EmeraldHead said:

Why don't you cite where it says that post-natal chi increases IQ?

 

My teacher, who was a very high level nei kung master, (I realize you think all such statements are suspect) and who was essentially omniscient, said that chi kung will make you smarter.  He told me A LOT of other things that book writers are clueless about, and he never considered writing a book about it, nor will I write about such things.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

@EmeraldHead just suddenly vanishes from discussion when there is a talk about real practical experience, its kind of best evidence that whatever he posts on this board is kind of meaningless and lacks substance

 

28 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

who was essentially omniscient, said that chi kung will make you smarter.  He told me A LOT of other things that book writers are clueless about

 

Its true. I can compare it to own practical experience. My brain is nothing like it was 15 years ago before I started practicing internal arts.

 

But the means and the practices I have done for this transformation are all something thats never gonna be shared publicly or in books or texts.

 

Those who are omniscient essentially have extremely developed brain.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

Those who are omniscient essentially have extremely developed brain.

 

Good point, I hadn't thought of it that way.  Being omniscient is the same as being super smart, or having a very high IQ, and it is arrived at by working on what bookophiles, who abhor plain English, call post natal chi.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EmeraldHead is one of several people here who run away when asked direct questions and then rationalize that the people asking them don't even know what they're talking about. He reminds me of rubeforever, who in a completely different category of absurdity, makes up his own criteria for understanding based off of appropriating terms like jing, qi, and shen and the LDT that has no basis in anything that is in classical texts who goes around calling others ignorant and disregarding actual qualified people who know what the hell they're talking about.

 

But I digress--this thread is about how people know and how the brain is cleansed, rewired, and modified from practice. 

 

The only thing I can think of is "By the fruits, ye shall be known" and based on the absence of anything close to coherent thoughts from certain individuals here, it shows that their practice isn't working too great for them. The worst part is how certain they are of themselves, time and again. 

 

I don't know if a yawn or a sigh escapes my mouth now...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

 

My teacher, who was a very high level nei kung master, (I realize you think all such statements are suspect) and who was essentially omniscient, said that chi kung will make you smarter.  He told me A LOT of other things that book writers are clueless about, and he never considered writing a book about it, nor will I write about such things.

I'd venture to add that not just qigong, but any meditation techniques where the mind and body are harmonized and focused will aid in raising the IQ level. But furthermore, it will also raise the empathic aspects (not cold intelligence, but loving-kindness as well). 

 

I personally have experienced this. Back in 2002 when the economy was bad, I lost my job for a while, and so instead of stressing out, I took the time to focus on meditation, yoga, pranayama and taijiquan practice. I practiced and meditated 6-8 hrs a day, for several months. 

 

During this time, I not only was able to study and grasp technology subjects at a much faster pace than I could before, but also retained the knowledge far more efficiently. Furthermore, when I took an IQ test, I scored 150 (which is pretty good by my standards). I know that things that I was unable to see, in terms of pattern recognition, pattern matching etc prior to this period of time, became 'easy-peasey' for me. To do  control study, I made a few other close ones (all super smart, and even those I'd consider smarter than me) take the test and they scored a good 20 points lower than me. 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dwai said:

I'd venture to add that not just qigong, but any meditation techniques where the mind and body are harmonized and focused will aid in raising the IQ level. But furthermore, it will also raise the empathic aspects (not cold intelligence, but loving-kindness as well). 

 

I personally have experienced this. Back in 2002 when the economy was bad, I lost my job for a while, and so instead of stressing out, I took the time to focus on meditation, yoga, pranayama and taijiquan practice. I practiced and meditated 6-8 hrs a day, for several months. 

 

During this time, I not only was able to study and grasp technology subjects at a much faster pace than I could before, but also retained the knowledge far more efficiently. Furthermore, when I took an IQ test, I scored 150 (which is pretty good by my standards). I know that things that I was unable to see, in terms of pattern recognition, pattern matching etc prior to this period of time, became 'easy-peasey' for me. To do  control study, I made a few other close ones (all super smart, and even those I'd consider smarter than me) take the test and they scored a good 20 points lower than me. 

 

 

Yup, certain meditation and Taiji affect the neurological pathways. 

 

The long Gayatri mantra is good for patients with Alzheimer's and memory loss, believe it or not--but then again, so is playing mahjong. 

 

Taiji does open up neurological pathways and speed up recovery too: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29667260

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

it shows that their practice isn't working too great for them

 

it seems to me that if someone says that IQ is based on prenatal chi that it is basically a cop out, because there isn't too much in the way of practices for prenatal chi ... except for one  :)

Edited by Starjumper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The health of the tree is indeed revealed in the quality of its fruits.

Actions, reactions communicate volumes.

In my experience, strong teachers, achieved individuals and influential people I have worked with, do not as a rule run about mucking on others and shitting where they eat.  They do not feel a bit of pressure in the face of untruths and there is no hint of attacking those with ignorant tendencies.  This is a misuse of personal resources. 

 

They use what resources at their considerable disposal to either build up and help ignorant students or potentials to play to their strengths.  Or they, if deemed a lost cause, leave them without any effort spent, putting their resources to work where they may bear fruit.

 

I have never witnessed Wang Li Ping, nor Zhou Ting-Jue, nor any of my most effective teachers, berate, whine, or assault.  They are capable of seeing the big picture and putting their actions into effect where they will be productive, not reductive.

 

Their strength of a lineage is not exemplified in shitting on people who are ignorant, and brow beating them, but in finding ways to lift the ignorant up (often at first without their even realizing it) and reinforcing the innate latent strengths. 

 

In this way, community rises as one in heightened skill, not a few who are capable of feeding and predating on the weakened.

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

The health of the tree is indeed revealed in the quality of its fruits.

Actions, reactions communicate volumes.

In my experience, strong teachers, achieved individuals and influential people I have worked with, do not as a rule run about mucking on others and shitting where they eat.  They do not feel a bit of pressure in the face of untruths and there is no hint of attacking those with ignorant tendencies.  This is a misuse of personal resources. 

 

They use what resources at their considerable disposal to either build up and help ignorant students or potentials to play to their strengths.  Or they, if deemed a lost cause, leave them without any effort spent, putting their resources to work where they may bear fruit.

 

I have never witnessed Wang Li Ping, nor Zhou Ting-Jue, nor any of my most effective teachers, berate, whine, or assault.  They are capable of seeing the big picture and putting their actions into effect where they will be productive, not reductive.

 

Their strength of a lineage is not exemplified in shitting on people who are ignorant, and brow beating them, but in finding ways to lift the ignorant up (often at first without their even realizing it) and reinforcing the innate latent strengths. 

 

In this way, community rises as one in heightened skill, not a few who are capable of feeding and predating on the weakened.

 

 


That’s nice for people who are teachers with their students. It is difficult here though because everyone is hardly a master here, yet some act like they know more and are qualified to make statements with absolute certainty. The role of who is the authority teaching to lift the unknowing up and those seeking to learn is ambiguous here because too many people believe they know while accusing others as not knowing—even those who actually do know.

 

Many who believe they know are appropriating terms or concepts and reframing them while completely losing the essence of the concept itself; e.g. the LDT somehow becomes this mythical thing that one person quotes as activating only when one balances their masculinity and femininity—which can be done by unknowing astral sex with the self-professed and “awakened teacher” who shall not be named yet again for those shenanigans.

 

So when many come thinking they know and creating a fake system using the names of those concepts from classic cultivation terminology, it confuses people who don’t know and creates friction for those trying to save others from those pitfalls. It isn’t a matter of lifting others up—too many think they’ve already been lifted up and the others need to be lifted up instead.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In the realm of behaviors I'm in agreement on a keen edge to cull the unbeneficial.

But this seems most aptly applied to bring benefit when applied to myself.

 

When it strays into character, it degenerates quickly.

 

 

No one is the Arbiter of Truth. 

 

Indra's Net.

 

My general take, not the truth, but my truth as i experience it.

Not trying to convince, or change anyone, or any thing, that illusion gratefully passed at some point.

 

Sharing my take on things is all my words ever are my friend.

I respect and admire you deeply.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

"By the fruits, ye shall be known" and based on the absence of anything close to coherent thoughts from certain individuals here, it shows that their practice isn't working too great for them

 

Exactly, no coherent speech, no logic arguments, no quality posts to read, it is pointless to claim any supremacy in cultivation or any knowledge, when the posts are even behind the level of an average human with high education.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

In the realm of behaviors I'm in agreement on a keen edge to cull the unbeneficial.

 

When it strays into character, it degenerates quickly.

 

 

No one is the Arbiter of Truth. 

 

Indra's Net.

 

My general take, not the truth, but my truth as i experience it.

Not trying to convince, or change anyone, or any thing, that illusion gratefully passed at some point.

 

Sharing my take on things is all my words ever are my friend.

I respect and admire you deeply.

 

The personal insults--while I'm not above it and make my own here, come from frustration speaking for myself. 

 

It is like explaining that the earth is round to someone who insists that the earth is flat, then them insulting and mocking you for not knowing, saying your science is flawed while they pull up pseudoscience and conspiracy papers while calling your citations conspiracy, then arguing you have no siddhis to see how the earth is truly flat the way they and their teachers have siddhis and can see truth others can't. 

 

I repeat what Ward Just said though: facts and truth are not the same thing. Looking back at his reporting career in a 1973 profile in The Washington Post, he said, “Facts don’t lead you very far, facts don’t lead you to the truth, they just lead to more facts.”

 

You can talk about spiritual truth, yes, but facts of cultivation treated as equal footing--not so much. Unless you're talking about system specifics, which are a complex methodology, then it becomes a situation where a microbiologist is arguing with a quantum physicist who knows their sciences, yet they come from completely different fields and describe their paradigm relative to their niche. 

 

Or, perhaps more of a human example: cooking Indian curry and Japanese curry: different palates and ingredients, so between people with styles that work comparing and contrasting with one another, it works--the problem is, someone who makes microwave curry that he bought in discount from the market with flavors from Indian to Japanese to Thai variations--thinks he knows more about curry than the two who made their curries from scratch and tells them that they don't know what curry is. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

 

I have never witnessed Wang Li Ping, nor Zhou Ting-Jue, nor any of my most effective teachers, berate, whine, or assault.  

 

 

Kindness is one of the highest siddhis.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

 

Kindness is one of the highest siddhis.

 

And you've gotta be cruel to be kind in the right measure...

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

I have never witnessed Wang Li Ping, nor Zhou Ting-Jue, nor any of my most effective teachers, berate, whine, or assault.  They are capable of seeing the big picture and putting their actions into effect where they will be productive, not reductive.

 

How do you know what they do or talk about in private? 

The guy is charging absurd amount of money and is posting an extra about how if less than 20-30 people enroll, they will have to cover his daily expenses of 3000 euro a day. What does he spend 3000 euro a day in europe? High class escorts? 

 

It is kind of silly to ask why a guy who makes 500000$ in cash on 1 week seminar, is acting nice and sweet. Try getting him in his personal time away and for free and we will see if he is the same person.

 

I have heard reports of the most unethical behavior and scam from Wang Liping's senior students, purely a business to make money out of thin air.

 

I am not even going to ask, how do you plan to "learn from master" in a large group. All serious internal circle teaching is done 1 on 1, with 1 teacher and 1 student, not a group of 50-100-200 people.

 

From what I have read so far on this board, you have been on just one seminar of his, and claim you are his student.

At the same time you are trying to flatter the "Teacher" as high as possible to get more "ego benefits" from claiming that you are his student. 

It is so obvious for anyone who has a brain and eyes to see.

I doubt you become part of longmen lineage after visiting 1 public access seminar.

 

From what @freeform described even passing a test to be enrolled is extremely tough.

 

Quote

teach man how to fish

 

Yeah, cultivation is not fishing, it is not a mindless grinding action.

There are so many pitfalls and bad things that can happen to you without a supervision of a being with third eye open and clear view on your path.

Edited by GSmaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, silent thunder said:

The health of the tree is indeed revealed in the quality of its fruits.

Actions, reactions communicate volumes.

In my experience, strong teachers, achieved individuals and influential people I have worked with, do not as a rule run about mucking on others and shitting where they eat.  They do not feel a bit of pressure in the face of untruths and there is no hint of attacking those with ignorant tendencies.  This is a misuse of personal resources. 

 

They use what resources at their considerable disposal to either build up and help ignorant students or potentials to play to their strengths.  Or they, if deemed a lost cause, leave them without any effort spent, putting their resources to work where they may bear fruit.

 

I have never witnessed Wang Li Ping, nor Zhou Ting-Jue, nor any of my most effective teachers, berate, whine, or assault.  They are capable of seeing the big picture and putting their actions into effect where they will be productive, not reductive.

 

Their strength of a lineage is not exemplified in shitting on people who are ignorant, and brow beating them, but in finding ways to lift the ignorant up (often at first without their even realizing it) and reinforcing the innate latent strengths. 

 

In this way, community rises as one in heightened skill, not a few who are capable of feeding and predating on the weakened.

 

 

Beautifully said! As I read your words, I could picture a folksoul/mass as it should be where the teacher exercises his practiced connection to the gatherings heightened collectieve energie, and then focus the energy to bring first one, then another and another of his students into transcendence. Thank you for this.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites