Sign in to follow this  
ralis

Batshit Crazy Thread Has Vanished Or Is Locked.

Recommended Posts

Since there are no mods around I want to know what happened to this thread!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ralis said:

Only a moderator can hide or delete threads here.

 

The person starting the thread also has options. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ilumairen said:

 

The person starting the thread also has options. 

 

That has never been the policy here that I am aware of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ralis said:

 

That has never been the policy here that I am aware of.

 

Sean actually gave me permission to hide a thread I had started in the past.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Orwellian memory hole is active here! Disgusting to the max and very dangerous to a free society!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ralis said:

Since there are no mods around I want to know what happened to this thread!

 

You fucked it with your rhetoric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have some outstanding information about surefire and easy ways to prevent and cure this viral infection, but it contains some 'conspiracy theory' (actually common sense facts and observations) which some members might consider right wing bullshit.  Therefore I am not sharing it on this forum.

 

 

Edited by Starjumper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ralis said:

The Orwellian memory hole is active here!

 

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_hole

 

I don't believe she was hiding what she found "embarrassing," but simply chose to set a table welcoming others to explore in a setting she found more conducive to staying on the topic she has chosen to discus. 

 

You'll find the sister thread in her ppd.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_hole

 

I don't believe she was hiding what she found "embarrassing," but simply chose to set a table welcoming others to explore in a setting she found more conducive to staying on the topic she has chosen to discus. 

 

You'll find the sister thread in her ppd.

 

 


I read Orwell when I was 12 years old and I know perfectly well what the memory hole is. Several of us were refuting baseless suppositions in that thread and the careful writing by several of us disappeared into the memory hole. 
 

All for now. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ralis said:

Since there are no mods around I want to know what happened to this thread!

 

Just keep issuing orders and your subordinates will yes sir it in no time.  

Edited by Taomeow
self-moderating for a potentially offensive word
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, ralis said:


I read Orwell when I was 12 years old and I know perfectly well what the memory hole is. Several of us were refuting baseless suppositions in that thread and the careful writing by several of us disappeared into the memory hole. 
 

All for now. 

 

You could start a thread in your own ppd to discuss what concerns you. 

 

Edited by ilumairen
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was some great information in that thread, particularly the post Taomeow made detailing which herbs/foods might or might not be helpful against the virus.¬† I hope that people that need/want that info will still have access to it somewhere.¬† That said, seems to me the thread had run it¬īs course.¬† Personally, I¬īm most interested in practical information about how to protect ourselves from infection.¬† Once the thread veered into controversy about the virus origin...well, let¬īs just say I¬īm not sorry to see that conflict washed away from pulbic view.

 

I like what @steve¬†said about the origin controversy: dead is dead.¬† Figuring out how this thing started may have implications for public health policy going forward; it likely doesn¬īt matter much in terms of how we need to take care of ourselves as individuals now.¬†¬†

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

There was some great information in that thread, particularly the post Taomeow made detailing which herbs/foods might or might not be helpful against the virus.¬† I hope that people that need/want that info will still have access to it somewhere.¬† That said, seems to me the thread had run it¬īs course.¬† Personally, I¬īm most interested in practical information about how to protect ourselves from infection.¬† Once the thread veered into controversy about the virus origin...well, let¬īs just say I¬īm not sorry to see that conflict washed away from pulbic view.

 

I like what @steve¬†said about the origin controversy: dead is dead.¬† Figuring out how this thing started may have implications for public health policy going forward; it likely doesn¬īt matter much in terms of how we need to take care of ourselves as individuals now.¬†¬†

 

I opened this thread so we can still share that information publicly, free of dicing it up in arguments about its origin. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

There was some great information in that thread, particularly the post Taomeow made detailing which herbs/foods might or might not be helpful against the virus.¬† I hope that people that need/want that info will still have access to it somewhere.¬† That said, seems to me the thread had run it¬īs course.¬† Personally, I¬īm most interested in practical information about how to protect ourselves from infection.¬† Once the thread veered into controversy about the virus origin...well, let¬īs just say I¬īm not sorry to see that conflict washed away from pulbic view.

 

 

I just came on here to see the reasoning made by @Taomeow on the herbs which were recommended and which were not. Now it's gone. :( And no copy of it on the prevention thread. Taomeow do you have a copy of what you wrote perchance?  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, anshino23 said:

 

I just came on here to see the reasoning made by @Taomeow on the herbs which were recommended and which were not. Now it's gone. :( And no copy of it on the prevention thread. Taomeow do you have a copy of what you wrote perchance?  

 

Of course.   I will repost it in a new thread I started in my PPD, titled Batshit sane.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

Of course.   I will repost it in a new thread I started in my PPD, titled Batshit sane.  

 

Thank you so much. :) 

 

Denmark just closed down... No more work for 14 days for all governmental workers, all schools, daycare, clubs, pubs, assemblies, etc. are closed down. Our university classes have been cancelled too so remaining lectures will be held online for us. Only a question of time before all of us medstudents will be called in to help so we don't end like Italy... 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Caveat to anyone reading this! There is much disinformation being disseminated on the internet, so be wary of any advice or so called information as to the epidemiology of COVID-19 from non medical persons!

Edited by ralis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I note Starjumper is gloating and laughing about this thread removal .

 

Dont worry folks , you can go to the Starjumper  thread on Coronavirus now .... where he treats the pandemic like a race and calls scores and winners and loosers   and makes fun and jokes about it .

 

Its all really hilarious  .... for him  ......  until  HE catches it , that is .

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, anshino23 said:

 

Thank you so much. :) 

 

Denmark just closed down... No more work for 14 days for all governmental workers, all schools, daycare, clubs, pubs, assemblies, etc. are closed down. Our university classes have been cancelled too so remaining lectures will be held online for us. Only a question of time before all of us medstudents will be called in to help so we don't end like Italy... 

 

I put a "sad face" under your post but I don't mean I think it's a wrong thing they did putting your country in lockdown.  It's sad because it's happening, and it's sad that the response, nearly everywhere, is so little so late.  If I was the one in charge, I'd have closed all borders of all countries two months ago.  The stingy pays twice...  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Denmark did the right thing. So here's what happening. 
 

Quote

 

All schools, daycares, culture institutions and non-necessary public job functions are immediately shut down for two weeks.

Public employees that are not deemed necessary are asked to stay at home.

Private companies are encouraged to let people work from home.

Government recommends that all night clubs, cafés and bars shut down as well.

No gatherings of over 100 people indoors.

Churches are strongly encouraged to shut down as well.

Legislation will come in the following days.

 

 

The worst thing that is happening right now is that, even though the Prime Minister said to stay calm and not to begin hoarding food because there's plenty in supply, almost everyone went directly to their nearest supermarket and is panic buying everything. 

 

This is what it looks like: 

hamstring_02.jpg&scaleAfter=crop&quality

 

I went to watch the supermarket I have very near me to see what was up ... I've never seen that many people in my supermarket. Ever. 

Such an eerie atmosphere. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The where just pictures to explain things to your new Mate Limihong   :)

 

It appears YOU liked the 'pants down '   and   'sausages'  ones the most      :D  :D  :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this