thelerner

Describe your ideal life..

Describe your ideal life..

what do you do?  where are you?  who are you with?   how do you spend your time?

I'll have to give this some thought.

• Like 2

a tiny shack out in some secluded location, like a forest or swamp, providing mostly for myself but making the money i need through magical and religious work. Just me, the trees, and the Gods.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Dame Du Lac said:

a tiny shack out in some secluded location, like a forest or swamp, providing mostly for myself but making the money i need through magical and religious work. Just me, the trees, and the Gods.

I couldn't live it long term but l wish there was a tradition of going out, finding that tiny shack and spending a couple weeks there.  I think it'd do the world and ourselves a whole lotta good. 

• Like 1

I always wonder why do we have to do as we are told to have a dream, have a job, do like everyone else and at the end, we all end the same way like everyone else. Are we conditioned to do like everyone else, have a job to pay bills and if you make enough money then work, work to pay high mortgages and pretend to live the great life. I always wonder. Last year, I took care of elders, some suffering dementia others different ailments and then did Uber to realize, why all this to end up in a misery life that nobody wants but we won't have control. Pretending living the moment having a blast whether you have money or no money, you pay the price of not taking care of yourself. Where is the ideal life? Does that exist?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dame Du Lac said:

Sounds a bit like my place .

.... you left out the night beetle swarms , bushfires and drought though   ;)  

( but it will rain sometime ...... and you also left out the river running along the front of your property, with a little  massage waterfall  going into the  natural spa pool  , with view of the rainforest opposite . 

....   and   welfare payments , and free medical and skinnydippin hippy chicks

:D 

a-few-of-my-favorite-things-jan-7-2011.j

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mig said:

I always wonder why do we have to do as we are told to have a dream, have a job, do like everyone else and at the end, we all end the same way like everyone else

NOOOOOOOOOOOO !

I showed em !

Me as a kid ;

Living-a-Victorious-Life.png?resize=735,

1 hour ago, Mig said:

. Are we conditioned to do like everyone else, have a job to pay bills and if you make enough money then work, work to pay high mortgages and pretend to live the great life. I always wonder. Last year, I took care of elders, some suffering dementia others different ailments and then did Uber to realize, why all this to end up in a misery life that nobody wants but we won't have control. Pretending living the moment having a blast whether you have money or no money, you pay the price of not taking care of yourself. Where is the ideal life? Does that exist?

Of course it does .

Many people have lived it ... all over the place .  That is , in different places and cultures all over the world and throughout all times . And I am not speaking out my nether regions either , I have studied this all my life as a main  focus of my  Cultural Anthropology .  Of course, I am not saying its all been good, I am talking abut the times it has been . and there are a LOT if them .

And we actually know the whys and how to ....  the way we can achieve it .  But for many, it doesnt happen , many as in  individuals or many as in whole societies .

According to some , life was generally wonderfully better before we developed agriculture .

https://www.discovermagazine.com/planet-earth/the-worst-mistake-in-the-history-of-the-human-race

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

Sounds a bit like my place .

.... you left out the night beetle swarms , bushfires and drought though   ;)  

( but it will rain sometime ...... and you also left out the river running along the front of your property, with a little  massage waterfall  going into the  natural spa pool  , with view of the rainforest opposite . 

....   and   welfare payments , and free medical and skinnydippin hippy chicks

:D 

a-few-of-my-favorite-things-jan-7-2011.j

really id rather the total isolation. human company is exhausting. id kill for a drought here though, ive had enough flooding for the decade.

11 hours ago, Dame Du Lac said:

really id rather the total isolation. 

I agree.  Human company can be exhausting.  I usually go into a do-nothing mode as soon as I enter a crowded room.  Otherwise the anxiety messes with me.  And the anxiety stems from heavy imprinting as a youngster that I wasn't good enough.  As much as I've tried to remedy this with the I Am consciousness, it sneaks in every chance it gets.

The perfect life.  I think I might have it.  Nothing urgent to do, go to a movie any time I want, check in with the Bums, read my metaphysical books, work jigsaw and crossword puzzles, do my crazy art, and go on a trip to somewhere in the world I haven't been, about every 3 months.  I take off for Fairbanks, AK the day after tomorrow; I've put in a requisition for the Northern Lights to appear while I'm there.  Hopefully.  Otherwise it's a long way to go to a -17 temperature just to stare at a black sky.  I think they have dog sled rides too.  I'm really looking forward to this!

I've lived in some ideal places.  The most ideal place is in our minds when we remember who we really are.

• Like 3

I wonder about the idea of imagining an ideal life and the related task of goal-setting.  It´s January and as usual I´m big into my New Year´s resolutions.  I don´t always (ok, ever) keep my New Year´s resolutions but I always enjoy making them.  

Here´s my question: Would my ideal self be someone who imagined an ideal life and took constant steps towards manifesting that life?  Or is my ideal self more of a go-with-the-flow kind of guy?  Is there something about the striving-process that is itself inimical to the "ideal life" I´m striving for?

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

I wonder about the idea of imagining an ideal life and the related task of goal-setting.  It´s January and as usual I´m big into my New Year´s resolutions.  I don´t always (ok, ever) keep my New Year´s resolutions but I always enjoy making them.  

Here´s my question: Would my ideal self be someone who imagined an ideal life and took constant steps towards manifesting that life?  Or is my ideal self more of a go-with-the-flow kind of guy?  Is there something about the striving-process that is itself inimical to the "ideal life" I´m striving for?

My friend, nobody knows, we never tell the truth not even to ourselves

• Like 1

If I was to go beyond my ideal life I have now , for which I am forever grateful and appreciative  - Booglebear !

Into my fantasy life  .... for a start , I have think about an abode , and being a Cancer crab  ...

I want to live under the sea!

696fcb01-9579-4513-be61-e4f8ab938f8c-092

2287317_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c8

and occasionally take the Lotus out for a spin

james_bond_submarine_lotus.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

That's quite a question you've posed.

The ideal life I might have imagined for myself 30 years ago isn't what I would want at all today.  At that time I would have idealized a fancy new car, a huge house at the beach, etc. etc.  Today, honestly, a nice quiet life is the greatest thing.  It enables me to not aspire to things; that way, the heart is calm.  The peace is there.  that's all I was really looking for - even when I was looking in the wrong places.

Actually, I think we're looking at this whole thing backwards.  The question is, are my habits of thinking manifesting a satisfying life?  If our life is in shambles, it's because our thinking is in shambles.  We can see the resulting manifestation around us every day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

All of my children and grandchildren have long, healthy happy, productive, good lives.  I always have a good, intelligent, vigilant, protective, dog.

And I die, at just the right time, five minutes before my wife does.

Edited by moment
  • Like 2

awake...

no hypnosis

none of the perpetual thought trance

no more storyteller

blissful perpetual doubt of assumption

mind empty and clear like a spherical mirror

reflecting in presence

awake...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, GSmaster said:

A Level 9 Magus

Beyond time and space

Exploring the vast Cosmos

Like this?

Post image

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Papayapple said:

OH I dunno!
Lot's and lot's of kittens for starters!

How about kittens and konstant konsciousness?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moment said:

All of my children and grandchildren have long, healthy happy, productive, good lives.  I always have a good, intelligent, vigilant, protective, dog.

And I die, at just the right time, five minutes before my wife does.

Have you run this by your wife?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1