Earl Grey

Appeal to Forum Community to Ban Member “Everything”

1 hour ago, GSmaster said:

Does not seem like you understand what a mental disease means.

You could as well claim that some dead people will come back to life and will we accept them among living.

While I would not mind such thing happening, I have yet to come across a single case in my current reincarnation.

I could argue we all have a mental disease. The difference is that certain mental diseases thrive more depending on the time period and circumstances. if we're talking about extremities, of course i'll say mental disease is real. But i wouldn't say He had a mental disease. this is if you're talking about Everything.

Limahong, idk. though he might not have one either. and i've been affected by him just as equally as you btw.

An alien might look at 'normal' people, and say that we are incredibly diseased based on all their actions. it can also be as easy as hierarchy, and difference in definition of mental disease in each one. After all, it's not like God invented the term or definition of mental disease. Man did. And unless you're saying that man or group of men/women were perfect, then you would at least have to ponder whether our perspectives and criteria for what mental disease is, is even true.

i think it's too much to further explain all my perspectives on it, which i'm sure most don't care about anyways. But all of this is simply a chain reaction.

There's a topic on the forum as to how and why are we getting to this point of turmoil the world, that supposedly we continually get to. Yet we look for answers outwardly. As if we're not a direct representation of the world we live in. the world has grown cold and so have we. This is the problem. And if people believe that we're simply more conscious by the things we read about, learn, experience. False. We're all asleep, and playing a game in eachother's dreams.

Some of us figured it out early, some later. Some with ease, some difficult. All looking for a safe haven from a mad world. Just the fact that you got out is luck. did we get out though? Or do we get out with the resentment that we had to find our way to get out. With resentment so hidden, that we don't even know it exists. And we take it out on those who didn't have the luck or opportunity to find their own safe haven. And possibly end up with a mental disease. Blaming them for the way they are. And yet, we don't take the responsibility to spread opportunity to those who don't have it yet. We know their lives so well, we don't understand why they can't make that effort themselves to make that change. We spread help, attention, care, love only to those we find deserving. creating our own little community of those who found something similar. Only to fall into the same tribal, societal trap we despised in the first place. That's why nothing changes.

My heart tells me all this, and that's why i manifest anything i want, including what i don't want. if that makes sense.

That's where true power comes from. from the source. truth. not what we knowledgeably, intellectually think is true.

And you know why i know this is true? because i practically never utilized anything that i possess to benefit my own life. My potential has always been exponentially higher than anything i've accomplished. Even the time after time again, i've prove it to myself. Why?

Becuase i never understood why in the effing world, things weren't equal. People would say, things come easy to you, you're not grateful, that's why you don't accomplish. They mistook my ungratefulness, with i wanted to be so fair, i brought myself lower. lower to understand why things aren't equal. Lower, so that i could find the true core and understand where my ability to manifest/power originates so that everyone in the world can have it too. And i am pretty sure i am near finding what it is in order to explain it.

I don't say this to boast. But i can already do and understand certain things on a much deeper level than others who practice certain things for years. I can pick it up easily. I can get good at literally anything. There's nothing you could tell me i wouldn't understand or get good at. Even if it takes me longer to understand certain things than others. And yet, that is a main part of it. Not understanding so quickly with your mind or the minds of others we see highly. But the intelligence of something higher.

Again, i promise I'm not boasting. I'm trying to make a point that wherever i am able to understand how things work, is the same source i derive what my opinion on the whole mental disease comes from.

But I'll tell you right now. My chains seem to have been unlocked this year, and more specifically this month. i've gotten to the point where i now know why talking means nothing. it will never convince those who it matters to convince. it requires another kind of proof.

I will prove everything I'm saying soon. you'll see.

Edited by welkin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, liminal_luke said:

Me too.   Is this a good sign?

You should read what you initially posted. You'll realize we're on the same page. which is why i'm suprised of certain people's posts you ended up liking later on.

21 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Technophobes have weird dreams sometimes.  Since nothing can be done to stop the abuse of technology, sometimes I dream of fighting fire with fire, of inventing technology that could counteract abuse of technology.   E.g., I would make this feature available for forums: a mild, friendly zap to the fingers typing fifth spam post in a row, something like a slap on the wrist.   Increase voltage after the tenth.  And after the fifteenth, zap those fingers so they can't type for the next three days.  No moderation required, no mod logs or anything like that.  Total anonymity.  Whoever tried to type their fifteenth fuck you all I'm on a roll post would know who they are.  No one else needs to know. 

Of course I would make it a maximum of three spam posts per thread too.  I.e. a spammer would be also automatically required to spam evenly,  so that no one particular thread is singled out to suffer more than most.   I envision them playing this little game with themselves, calculating how many threads they can spam how many more times before getting zapped.  Like a roulette player, they would be agonizing over their best odds.  Ten spread evenly, one per thread, or nine (3X3) but messing with three particular threads good?  Snuffing them out so they can't recover?  Which is the best strategy?  

Of course I'm kidding about zapping.  I'm not electronically savvy, I'm steampunk.  I'd install something like whack-a-mole instead if I knew how.  

source.gif

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

This wall of text is unnecessary,

as one punch man said,

try to structure your idea in 10 words max.

thanks for the legitimate response

you sound witty and intelligent. gj you win at social appearance.

20 hours ago, dawei said:

A banned person used to be moved to a group called banned but the major version upgrade got rid of that calling any 'time-off' a ban; even if 3 days; ergo, a temporary ban.   I didn't really like that concept as it has no historical basis but software programmers do what they do (or are told).  So it is what we have now.

You have to go to someone's profile to see if they are banned; their group will remain the last group they are in.

If you go to Everything's profile, you will see he is not banned.

If you go to mskied's profile, you will see he was banned... but I don't think anyone realizes it... maybe some wondered or went to his profile to find out why he was not posting anymore. 

https://www.thedaobums.com/profile/119162-mskied/

Ummm Sean said Mskied was banned in a post he made  .... in a round a bout TGs way ... then put up a picture of 'himself' having outrage at Mskied horrible neo nazi judgemental stuff on the oppressed , .

And what,  Everything is not banned ... he just post to never post again , all by himself .   :D 

But then again, I am visual communicating type of guy , I get stuff like that

7 hours ago, moment said:

I hope so!

Well, I guess we just have to track 'him' more and see if this is a monthly occurrence  ?

But I will admit, although you guys are right , I like Limi ......

Limi is a bit like a naughty meerkat

naughty_meerkat.jpg

But Everything   ........     I feel a little different about ... he sorta bough out my 'Saturnian nature  ;

Francisco_de_Goya,_Saturno_devorando_a_s

5 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Well, I guess we just have to track 'him' more and see if this is a monthly occurrence  ?

But I will admit, although you guys are right , I like Limi ......

Limi is a bit like a naughty meerkat

naughty_meerkat.jpg

But Everything   ........     I feel a little different about ... he sorta bough out my 'Saturnian nature  ;

Francisco_de_Goya,_Saturno_devorando_a_s

inferno

• Confused 1

It is like this December/Holiday season is a 24/7 Full moon!

Edited by moment
  • Like 2

So from an apology a few days ago to getting back to the same behavior, welkin is displaying exactly why some members have a harder time letting things go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

Ummm Sean said Mskied was banned in a post he made  .... in a round a bout TGs way ... then put up a picture of 'himself' having outrage at Mskied horrible neo nazi judgemental stuff on the oppressed , .

And what,  Everything is not banned ... he just post to never post again , all by himself .   :D 

But then again, I am visual communicating type of guy , I get stuff like that

And I already linked that on the other page in response to dawei too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, moment said:

It is like this December/Holiday season is a 24/7 Full moon!

It is also a new moon on the 26th believe it or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

So from an apology a few days ago to getting back to the same behavior, welkin is displaying exactly why some members have a harder time letting things go.

Yes, I was just thinking about how, in Chinese medicine, fear is said to cause qi to descend.

A few days ago, when he was terrified at the thought of suffering terrible damage from a "leaking dantian," Welkin's qi seemed to plummet and he suddenly evinced a newly humble demeanor. Within just a day or two, as his initial fear began to fade, his qi's downward dynamic did too. As they always will be unless they are truly worn away and transformed by the grist of real cultivation, his old habits were right there waiting for him, exactly where he left them. First he was explaining in detail why he was wrong and sorry but not ashamed and not ready to change. Now he's back to picking the same fights. Alas. 

Samsara as a wheel. Up, down, up, down, round and round. It is terribly difficult to reduce our tendency to be governed by the vicissitudes of qi, emotions, and imaginations run wild. Almost impossible without mentoring from elders who have walked the path. I haven't seen much that gives me hope for those who refuse to seek out teachers; even less for most of those who think they can teach themselves, save for a scarce few; almost no hope for those who skip the apprenticeship phases altogether and elevate themselves straight to teacherhood.

If anything, TDB provides case study after case study of these types of madness.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

nvm. i need to make sure whatever issues i was dealing with this week aren't affecitng me in other unknown ways first.

Edited by welkin

9 minutes ago, welkin said:

Don't worry, i'm done. i just wanted to see what would happen if i brought up the idea of forgiveness. Even if someone doesn't necessarily deserve it. But I have more than i need to see. There is  something here that i don't know how to describe. It's not the same type of darkness i see in the society. There's a deeper, hidden one here. Full of ego and dogma. I'm not saying it's everyone. But that's definitely what i sense and witnessed since the first week i joined and then began to read more in here. I know i speak for a lot of people who visit the site often, both members and non members. That's why you only see the same people post. I guarantee that many have questions to ask and much to contribute, yet they never will. And if they do, it's a one off and byebye.

The fact that this isn't obvious is very very VERY strange to me. But then again, i'm wrong of course. How can i be right against 20 people who think in the same way. I guess this is the TAO. I just wonder what LAOZI would say. Whether he agrees with the display of knowledge or action that the many knowledgeable' ones show. i truly wonder. i've seen this many many times throughout my life since i was 10 starting from being in a Christian school. The actions remain the same. Like i said, they're just packaged in a different way. I guess that's why everyone has their cliques and tribes.

Anyways, no more conflict from me.

One can forgive people without giving them a free license to carry on as usual. Forgiveness that allows endless repetition of that which needed to be forgiven is the basis of codependent abusive relationships, which are an endless waste of time and energy.

It's entirely possible that you've seen the imperfections and dark sides of others here, including me. The devilish thing about blind spots is that they're hard for those who possess them to see. The reality of not being an immortal is to still be comprised of yin qi. Hopefully we will all gradually bring our blind spots to light and ceaselessly refine our qi

You might consider to keeping it in mind that if others' imperfections can be so glaringly obvious to you whilst those very same people remain very very VERY strangely oblivious to them, you might be suffering a very similar affliction!

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, welkin said:

Don't worry, i'm done. i just wanted to see what would happen if i brought up the idea of forgiveness. Even if someone doesn't necessarily deserve it. But I have more than i need to see. There is  something here that i don't know how to describe. It's not the same type of darkness i see in the society. There's a deeper, hidden one here. Full of ego and dogma. I'm not saying it's everyone. But that's definitely what i sense and witnessed since the first week i joined and then began to read more in here. I know i speak for a lot of people who visit the site often, both members and non members. That's why you only see the same people post. I guarantee that many have questions to ask and much to contribute, yet they never will. And if they do, it's a one off and byebye.

The fact that this isn't obvious is very very VERY strange to me. But then again, i'm wrong of course. How can i be right against 20 people who think in the same way. I guess this is the TAO. I just wonder what LAOZI would say. Whether he agrees with the display of knowledge or action that the many knowledgeable' ones show. i truly wonder. i've seen this many many times throughout my life since i was 10 starting from being in a Christian school. The actions remain the same. Like i said, they're just packaged in a different way. I guess that's why everyone has their cliques and tribes.

Anyways, no more conflict from me.

nvm. i need to make sure whatever issues i was dealing with this week aren't affecitng me in other unknown ways first.

ForgivenessSo, bringing up the idea of forgiveness and worthiness--that isn't forgiveness at all if it's conditionality. If I forgive someone, they have a clean slate; however: forgiving someone for being a snotty little bitch doesn't mean he is no longer a snotty little bitch, it means that I no longer am letting that snotty little bitch affect me, nor will I hold anything against him, and he's free to be whatever he wants to be, though he may not encounter others quite as forgiving. 

There was a time recently where I blew up at a perceived wrong done to me in class, and I was adamant that I was correct. A few days later, my teacher sat me down and explained to me very calmly exactly what I did wrong. As soon as I heard it, I thought and sat on it for a bit, even while the defensiveness was still there, then realized, hey, I was a snotty little bitch to the teacher and the class. And so I gave a sincere apology and then offered a gesture of good will to show not just remorse, but willingness to accept my rebuke and change. This was ultimately for my own good, not for the purpose of reprimanding me both in front of everyone to my embarrassment and privately to my insistence on being right. 

Moral of the story: don't forgive if you're deciding to do so based on worthiness, even after the fact, because that's not true forgiveness.

Witnessing Ego, Dogma, and Darkness Everywhere:

Three stories: first, from the Zen tradition, there was a monk who complained to his teacher that every time he meditated, a huge spider would appear, and frighten him out of his practice.

The teacher told him to simply prepare for the next time the spider came by holding a brush and drawing a circle on the spider.

The monk did exactly that, and the spider went away, to the delight of the monk.

Upon getting up from his meditation, he noticed that there was a huge circle on his own belly. 

Second, from a yogic tradition, a traveler came to the gates of a village, and was greeted by a man standing there, awaiting guests and welcoming them.

The man asked what the traveler's hometown was like, and she responded, "I'm looking for a place to get away from my own hometown! It's full of creeps, egomaniacs, hypocrites, and crooks!" and the man said, "I'm sorry, this town is full of exactly the same people in yours. Can you accept that?" The traveler said, "Never!" and turned around. 

Another traveler came, and the man at the gates asked the same question about what his own town was like. The traveler said, "It's a wonderful place with very nice people who have interesting conversations, some weirdoes here and there, but all the more charming because it's never a dull moment at home." 

The man at the gates said, "Then you will love this place, because we have exactly the same people!" and he embraced the traveler as he welcomed him and walked arm in arm to town to introduce him to everyone. 

Third, from the Hagakure: There was a man who loved dragons. He loved to display paintings and figures of them in his home, wore robes decorated with them, read books about them, and talked about them with everyone.

One day, he met a real dragon, and died of fright. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Walker said:

Yes, I was just thinking about how, in Chinese medicine, fear is said to cause qi to descend.

A few days ago, when he was terrified at the thought of suffering terrible damage from a "leaking dantian," Welkin's qi seemed to plummet and he suddenly evinced a newly humble demeanor. Within just a day or two, as his initial fear began to fade, his qi's downward dynamic did too. As they always will be unless they are truly worn away and transformed by the grist of real cultivation, his old habits were right there waiting for him, exactly where he left them. First he was explaining in detail why he was wrong and sorry but not ashamed and not ready to change. Now he's back to picking the same fights. Alas. 

Samsara as a wheel. Up, down, up, down, round and round. It is terribly difficult to reduce our tendency to be governed by the vicissitudes of qi, emotions, and imaginations run wild. Almost impossible without mentoring from elders who have walked the path. I haven't seen much that gives me hope for those who refuse to seek out teachers; even less for most of those who think they can teach themselves, save for a scarce few; almost no hope for those who skip the apprenticeship phases altogether and elevate themselves straight to teacherhood.

If anything, TDB provides case study after case study of these types of madness.

This is why some of my teachers charge out the ass for some people: they aren't just paid to teach very precious knowledge and preserve lineage, but to put up with other people's bullshit and babysit them. 

I had a French student from a rich family once. His mother was not just old money in the Philippines, but one of the crony families of the late dictator, Marcos. His father's family proudly served in the Vichy government (grandfather specifically) and claimed to have dogs that were descended from the guard dogs in Auschwitz after the war, which he procured through some connections. 

The lad was a 35 year-old acting like a 10 year-old. Besides consistently coming late, drunk, or high to class, he forgot class appointments and was so out of control that I was required to come in as an assistant as part of my own training as a teacher and to see Taiji beyond tuishou and other forms. 

I had to force him to take showers and brush his teeth, which he would skip for as long as three weeks, to not shoot his guns when excited outside his window, not to urinate over the balcony, not to set things on fire, and had to personally retrieve him when a hotel called me up saying that I was listed as his caretaker because he had been drinking since 0800 in the morning until 1600 in the afternoon and was acting obnoxious towards the guests in the lobby of a ritzy hotel. Upon arriving, I found he was dressed like the unabomber: unshaven, a baseball cap, shades, and was angry that the guards took his pistols from his waist and his calf holsters, along with his baseball bat, while yelling at everyone that the cops were corrupt and out to kill people like him and his friends for smoking pot. This is not to mention the many times I had to personally overcome him when he'd get too rowdy and point his gun with the safety off at me or his mother. 

In total, what was supposed to be several months of training for a set price of $1300 a month to meet 5x a week ended up with him owing much, much more for all the penalties slapped on him for his disrespect and extra work we had to go through. And he had the nerve to call us scammers while refusing to pay. The guy wouldn't even pay for my transportation fare to and from his condo.

1 hour ago, Walker said:

One can forgive people without giving them a free license to carry on as usual. Forgiveness that allows endless repetition of that which needed to be forgiven is the basis of codependent abusive relationships, which are an endless waste of time and energy.

It's entirely possible that you've seen the imperfections and dark sides of others here, including me. The devilish thing about blind spots is that they're hard for those who possess them to see. The reality of not being an immortal is to still be comprised of yin qi. Hopefully we will all gradually bring our blind spots to light and ceaselessly refine our qi

You might consider to keeping it in mind that if others' imperfections can be so glaringly obvious to you whilst those very same people remain very very VERY strangely oblivious to them, you might be suffering a very similar affliction!

I heard that there are actual qigong styles where forgiveness is the key practice. I would love to find that and learn it because it is one of the most important and underrated skills the world needs a lot more of, frankly. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

It is also a new moon on the 26th believe it or not.

Here in western Washington, it is the 25th

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

ForgivenessSo, bringing up the idea of forgiveness and worthiness--that isn't forgiveness at all if it's conditionality. If I forgive someone, they have a clean slate; however: forgiving someone for being a snotty little bitch doesn't mean he is no longer a snotty little bitch, it means that I no longer am letting that snotty little bitch affect me, nor will I hold anything against him, and he's free to be whatever he wants to be, though he may not encounter others quite as forgiving. 

There was a time recently where I blew up at a perceived wrong done to me in class, and I was adamant that I was correct. A few days later, my teacher sat me down and explained to me very calmly exactly what I did wrong. As soon as I heard it, I thought and sat on it for a bit, even while the defensiveness was still there, then realized, hey, I was a snotty little bitch to the teacher and the class. And so I gave a sincere apology and then offered a gesture of good will to show not just remorse, but willingness to accept my rebuke and change. This was ultimately for my own good, not for the purpose of reprimanding me both in front of everyone to my embarrassment and privately to my insistence on being right. 

Moral of the story: don't forgive if you're deciding to do so based on worthiness, even after the fact, because that's not true forgiveness.

Witnessing Ego, Dogma, and Darkness Everywhere:

Three stories: first, from the Zen tradition, there was a monk who complained to his teacher that every time he meditated, a huge spider would appear, and frighten him out of his practice.

The teacher told him to simply prepare for the next time the spider came by holding a brush and drawing a circle on the spider.

The monk did exactly that, and the spider went away, to the delight of the monk.

Upon getting up from his meditation, he noticed that there was a huge circle on his own belly. 

Second, from a yogic tradition, a traveler came to the gates of a village, and was greeted by a man standing there, awaiting guests and welcoming them.

The man asked what the traveler's hometown was like, and she responded, "I'm looking for a place to get away from my own hometown! It's full of creeps, egomaniacs, hypocrites, and crooks!" and the man said, "I'm sorry, this town is full of exactly the same people in yours. Can you accept that?" The traveler said, "Never!" and turned around. 

Another traveler came, and the man at the gates asked the same question about what his own town was like. The traveler said, "It's a wonderful place with very nice people who have interesting conversations, some weirdoes here and there, but all the more charming because it's never a dull moment at home." 

The man at the gates said, "Then you will love this place, because we have exactly the same people!" and he embraced the traveler as he welcomed him and walked arm in arm to town to introduce him to everyone. 

Third, from the Hagakure: There was a man who loved dragons. He loved to display paintings and figures of them in his home, wore robes decorated with them, read books about them, and talked about them with everyone.

One day, he met a real dragon, and died of fright. 

Reminds me of  some people that said they 'practised magic' , one time it worked and scared the shit out of them and they never did anything like that again .  :) 

And then told ME  not to get involved with it as it was 'dangerous'    :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2019 at 5:46 AM, Nungali said:

Limi is a bit like a naughty meerkat.

Hi Nun,

You are a tease

I like you ~ too

Smile a cheese

And I say - I DO

Bro - take very good care.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

On 21/12/2019 at 12:20 AM, Earl Grey said:

He’s posting while high...

• Sad 1