6 hours ago, Nungali said:

345-triangle.png

Ka                                         Ba                             Srh  **

**  " If all the rites, ceremonies, and preservation rituals for the ẖt were observed correctly, and the deceased was found worthy (by Osiris and the gods of the underworld) of passing through into the afterlife, the sꜥḥ (or spiritual representation of the physical body) forms ."

(if Apec is around might he  want to re-arrange or correct this , I cant find the diagram  I used before to show this )

Hmmm.   This is Thelemic rather than trad Egyptian.  The ht is the physical body and the sah is the magically reconstituted body in the form of the mummy.  Here it is presented as the union of the ka and the ba, which is also 'correct' - but the ba is male and sometimes drawn in glyphs as a penis which doesn't quite sit right with identifying it with Isis (Auset).  In fact I would be tempted to reverse the correspondences of ka and ba - but hey.  I think the triad of father, mother and child in relation to the right angled 3/4/5 triangle is fine - but I can't recall ever seeing an ancient Egyptian version of this - which is why I say its Thelemic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For @ralis

Hierophant HGA https://imgur.com/gallery/4UJ52he

I took a pic for you. It's the Thoth Hierophant and some pertinent text regarding the HGA. If you're uncomfortable with the link (the only option I have while on a phone), I'll boot up the computer (which should provide more options for image sharing) for you. I simply prefer sitting in the open air while posting here.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Apech said:

Hmmm.   This is Thelemic rather than trad Egyptian.  The ht is the physical body and the sah is the magically reconstituted body in the form of the mummy.  Here it is presented as the union of the ka and the ba, which is also 'correct' - but the ba is male and sometimes drawn in glyphs as a penis which doesn't quite sit right with identifying it with Isis (Auset).  In fact I would be tempted to reverse the correspondences of ka and ba - but hey.  I think the triad of father, mother and child in relation to the right angled 3/4/5 triangle is fine - but I can't recall ever seeing an ancient Egyptian version of this - which is why I say its Thelemic.

I thought physical body was the  Khat ... the dead smelly fishy thing  ?

Anyways, I might have got ka ba around the wrong way, yes. And the resultant was , I thought 'Sahu'  (running of memory here ) . Point was,  I was thinking that the similarities are that a   ' form of the soul'  ( that is, that function that transcends death - Crowley baulked at using the term 'soul' here , too general a term, this aspect he refereed to as 'The Immortal Osiris' ) needs to be developed between a relationship of forces  - it is 'developmental' as opposed to other traditions where it seems their concept of the 'soul' or parts of us that 'transcend ' we 'inherit'  .

A lot of this is 'Thelmic neo-Egyptian' though, as you pointed out  ( that is it is 'Thelemic Philosophy' using ancient Egyptian metaphors .

The triangular image I use to use for this, I cant find on the internet any more    ( damn internet ! ) , it wasnt 'Thelemic' , it might have been 'Theosophical' ex De Lubics , or someone like that .  I thought it showed , ka, ba , and sahu (?) as the hypotenuse ?

I should check  .........  hang on ....... 

'Immortal soul'

https://ancientegyptonline.co.uk/sahu/

Physical body

https://www.britannica.com/science/death/Ancient-Egypt

Khat is corruptible body in some sourcs but some seem to be saying its;  khat > kha > ka   ???

Its also a type of simple headwear / cloth ?

and also

" CAIRO – 7 April 2019: Two days after thwarting an attempt of smuggling more than 2 tons of drugs, worth LE 2 billion [$115,5 million] on board a ship in the Red Sea, security forces arrested two people trying to smuggle 295 kilograms of Khat, according to a Saturday statement.

34929-3.jpg

I found it !    :)    while looking up a hiero for 'khat '    ... woop woop !  I was remembering it wrong , of course.

" Thanks to the Ka, the Ba of Unas, or Unas himself, transforms to become omnipotent ("truly efficient"), unfailing. The Ka of king Unas is fed by millions of recurrent offerings, and his magic is sustained by the everlasting efficiency of the sacred spells. Even if the offerings in the temple above stop, and the Ka cannot derive power from these rituals, the "heka" of the hieroglyphs is unfailing and lasts as long as they exist. By itself, the Ka is a field of power, an accumulation of efficient magical (unstoppable) energy. On its own, this Sa-field of power is quite useless, but to feed the deities and to interact with their Bas, it allows the latter to become very efficient.

itrine.jpg

During life, the Ka (or vital principle) is linked with the Khat or physical body. Death releases the Ka and initiates the journey of the Ba in the Duat. The energy of the Ka derived from the spirit world, held by the ancestors. The Ba is gratified by the offerings made to the Ka, and these offerings temporarily substitute the body and allow the Ka to remain near the mummy. Then, encountering the Ka in the afterlife, the transformation of the Ba happens.

http://www.sofiatopia.org/maat/wenis_commentary.htm

Not 3 principles but 4 !  ... and I should have known from my own  ' interaction of 3 always gives a 4th' principle  

(3/4)'    

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ilumairen said:

For @ralis

Hierophant HGA https://imgur.com/gallery/4UJ52he

I took a pic for you. It's the Thoth Hierophant and some pertinent text regarding the HGA. If you're uncomfortable with the link (the only option I have while on a phone), I'll boot up the computer (which should provide more options for image sharing) for you. I simply prefer sitting in the open air while posting here.

582a32ba95d77e68312c17ac6a649e3e.jpg

thothhierophant-tarotrevised.jpg

* some people cut off the borders of their Thoth deck for  new look  ... looks pretyy good imo.

decktrim5_sidebar.jpeg

Edited by Nungali

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

...... (snip)

I found it !    :)    while looking up a hiero for 'khat '    ... woop woop !  I was remembering it wrong , of course.

" Thanks to the Ka, the Ba of Unas, or Unas himself, transforms to become omnipotent ("truly efficient"), unfailing. The Ka of king Unas is fed by millions of recurrent offerings, and his magic is sustained by the everlasting efficiency of the sacred spells. Even if the offerings in the temple above stop, and the Ka cannot derive power from these rituals, the "heka" of the hieroglyphs is unfailing and lasts as long as they exist. By itself, the Ka is a field of power, an accumulation of efficient magical (unstoppable) energy. On its own, this Sa-field of power is quite useless, but to feed the deities and to interact with their Bas, it allows the latter to become very efficient.

itrine.jpg

During life, the Ka (or vital principle) is linked with the Khat or physical body. Death releases the Ka and initiates the journey of the Ba in the Duat. The energy of the Ka derived from the spirit world, held by the ancestors. The Ba is gratified by the offerings made to the Ka, and these offerings temporarily substitute the body and allow the Ka to remain near the mummy. Then, encountering the Ka in the afterlife, the transformation of the Ba happens.

http://www.sofiatopia.org/maat/wenis_commentary.htm

Not 3 principles but 4 !  ... and I should have known from my own  ' interaction of 3 always gives a 4th' principle  

(3/4)'    

I agree with this part more or less.  Unas is one of the texts I studied for years :)

The h in ht is a hard h - maybe like the ch in German as in 'nicht' - and hence it is often transliterated as 'khat' - so that's the same word.  In fact it is sometimes rendered khatu - i.e. plural as in 'body parts'.  So the physical body which the Egyptians understood anatomically quite well was seen sometimes as a collection of organs.

The ka is something like the etheric or bio-magnetic body (qi body ?) which cocoons the physical body in life - at death it separates as you say as the first stage in death.  It is fed (in life) by food, sex and attention - and could be compared with the Greek charisma - there was such a thing as a royal ka which kings acquired at coronation - so status is a factor here - hence why powerful men are sexy (to some).

The ba is a word which is interchangeable with neter or god - so its you divine nature - it is seen as luminous and creative in that it can project images of itself - a bit like William Blake's use of the word imagination - literally image making.  The ba unlike the ka does not accompany the body but is free to fly where it pleases.  If things go well it will fly to the East at dawn to witness the sunrise = creation.

There is another important aspect to the self which is the 'swt' or shadow - which is a conceptual mental body - it also is free to move about.

The physical body protected by mummification becomes magically reconstructed and is a kind of energetic facsimile of the living body - this is the sah.

When the elements or different bodies which separate at death are magically reassembled through the processes described in the various texts they form a being called the 'akh' which means 'effective spirit' - or 'horizon dweller' - this is a spiritual entity - your true self if you like which is immortal and survives both death and the second death.  Becoming akh is the purpose of Egyptian practice and the texts are sometimes called 'akhifiers'.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

582a32ba95d77e68312c17ac6a649e3e.jpg

Thank you! 

thothhierophant-tarotrevised.jpg

Regarding the kerubim of the upper corners, I'm going to type out a quote from the book I keep referring to:

The four Kerubic beasts represent the four fixed signs of the zodiac: Leo (the fixed sign of fire, symbolized by the lion), Scorpio (the fixed sign of water, symbolized by the eagle), Aquarius (the fixed sign of air, symbolized by a man or angel), and Taurus (the fixed sign of earth, symbolized by the bull). Tarot decks, reaching back to the earliest packs, have traditionally displayed the Kerubic beasts in the corners of various trumps (most often the Wheel of Fortune and the World). The placement of thr four beats on these old decks is almost universally consistent - the lion of Leo is in the lower right corner; the eagle of Scorpio is in the upper right; the man or angel of Aquarius is in the upper left; and the bull of Taurus is in the lower left. This is the natural order of the fixed signs as appear on the zodiacal belt, and the logical place to put them. 

In the Thoth Tarot, however, Harris appears to break with this tradition in her placement of the Kerubic beasts in the Hierophant and the Universe trumps. The bull and lion dutifully occupy the traditional corners, but the angel and the eagle have switched positions. Could it be that she was ignorant of the order of the signs of the zodiac and that Crowley let her get away with it in two important cards? Could it be that in the Aeon of Horus the signs of the zodiac have been rearranged? The answer to both of these questions is "no." In the New Aeon, it's not the position of the zodiac signs, but the symbol of the Kerubs that have changed. 

In Crowley's vision of the twenty-third Enochian Aethyr, it is revealed that the emblem for fixed-air Aquarius is now the eagle, and the emblem for fixed-water Scorpio is now the angel: 

[Reference page 67 of Crowley's the Vision and the Voice]

What you've shared maintains the old designations.

* some people cut off the borders of their Thoth deck for  new look  ... looks pretyy good imo.

decktrim5_sidebar.jpeg

I couldn't do it.. :lol:

3 hours ago, Apech said:

I agree with this part more or less.  Unas is one of the texts I studied for years :)

The h in ht is a hard h - maybe like the ch in German as in 'nicht' - and hence it is often transliterated as 'khat' - so that's the same word.  In fact it is sometimes rendered khatu - i.e. plural as in 'body parts'.  So the physical body which the Egyptians understood anatomically quite well was seen sometimes as a collection of organs.

The ka is something like the etheric or bio-magnetic body (qi body ?) which cocoons the physical body in life - at death it separates as you say as the first stage in death.  It is fed (in life) by food, sex and attention - and could be compared with the Greek charisma - there was such a thing as a royal ka which kings acquired at coronation - so status is a factor here - hence why powerful men are sexy (to some).

The ba is a word which is interchangeable with neter or god - so its you divine nature - it is seen as luminous and creative in that it can project images of itself - a bit like William Blake's use of the word imagination - literally image making.  The ba unlike the ka does not accompany the body but is free to fly where it pleases.  If things go well it will fly to the East at dawn to witness the sunrise = creation.

There is another important aspect to the self which is the 'swt' or shadow - which is a conceptual mental body - it also is free to move about.

The physical body protected by mummification becomes magically reconstructed and is a kind of energetic facsimile of the living body - this is the sah.

When the elements or different bodies which separate at death are magically reassembled through the processes described in the various texts they form a being called the 'akh' which means 'effective spirit' - or 'horizon dweller' - this is a spiritual entity - your true self if you like which is immortal and survives both death and the second death.  Becoming akh is the purpose of Egyptian practice and the texts are sometimes called 'akhifiers'.

Excellent !   This is the process Crowley was trying to describe  and the correct terms   ( he used 'Immortal Osiris', astral body,  'that which perishes, 'astral death', etc .   (in .... hmmmm <thinks>  Liber Aleph ?  Magick Without Tears ? )

Would have been a lot easier if he just wrote what you did   !     :D 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

Thank you! 

Regarding the kerubim of the upper corners, I'm going to type out a quote from the book I keep referring to:

What you've shared maintains the old designations.

I couldn't do it.. :lol:

Its a difficult process .   Best tried on a new deck anyway ;

One value of this with the Thoth deck is they fit together better  ( that is, 'themes' in  some card's design, line work {'projective synthetic geometry'}, colour, symbols , etc ,  fit next to above or below other cards   , like a jigsaw puzzle  ;)  ) -  have fun  :)

hint ; overlap some cards to see the design carry from one card to another .

Edited by Nungali