Mskied

Do What Thou Wilt

3 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Because you've behaved like a petulant child, and the kindness offered in spite of your little fits and insinuations are at odds with each other and perhaps difficult to digest?

Take care. And good luck with the indigestion. 

Lol and you keep telling me how i feel like you're me. Can't kids and 'Adults' feel like they want to feel?

"Because you've behaved like a petulant child, and the kindness offered in spite of your little fits and insinuations are at odds with each other and perhaps difficult to digest?"

Sound familiar? you're going to have to look way back when.

Where's Earl lol

Edited by welkin

25 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

What are you going on about?

The present topic is will. Is there something you'd like to add to the discussion?

Are you suggesting that i'm not on topic?

It seems that you're in the right place to find some illumination.

i think i'll be just fine. still not hurting anyone am i?

On 11/18/2019 at 4:51 AM, Nungali said:

Well, now that Mskied is gone, we could use this thread for that .

And keep Welkin on as occasional entertainment .

On 11/18/2019 at 6:54 AM, ralis said:

Help in what way? Did you stop and think to inquire if anyone needs your help here?

41 minutes ago, welkin said:

Why is earl grey so quiet? only posts pictures and reactions now?

Entertaining in that not only does he keep derailing this thread, but he comes in and posts nonsense, apologizes, then comes and goes right back to the same nonsense again a day later. The signs of psychoses or drug abuse, whichever it is, it's very juvenile, and most certainly NOT helpful.

There's not much else to say besides res ipsa loquitur: "the thing speaks for itself" as I have nothing else to add or explain further on it, or perhaps more appropriately for him, reductio ad absurdum. Nothing else can be said because there's nothing rational or reasonable in what Welkin says that keeps interrupting our discussion on will.

Edited by Earl Grey

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

Entertaining in that not only does he keep derailing this thread, but he comes in and posts nonsense, apologizes, then comes and goes right back to the same nonsense again a day later. The signs of psychoses or drug abuse, whichever it is, it's very juvenile, and most certainly NOT helpful.

Why isn't 'he' speaking to me directly anymore as he was earlier. Maybe we'll get another explanation that doesn't even address the previous point made.

Call me psychic, but something tells me that's going to happen.

Keep crying. I'm waiting to get kicked out, becuase it's not going to happen. I can tell the owner is intellectual enough to see, intellectual babies cry in defeat and "HINT" removal. What level in your practices are you? What in the world are you working on. The truth is so far from you now. It's like you went further away

43 minutes ago, welkin said:

7 minutes ago, welkin said:

Where's Earl lol

And he still thinks he's not a stalker. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, welkin said:

Lol and you keep telling me how i feel like you're me. Can't kids and 'Adults' feel like they want to feel?

Apparently you missed the question mark... I'd suggest reading more carefully. 

Just now, ilumairen said:

Okay go find Illumination, enlightenment, Mu, Shambhalla, truth...

With your question mark.....

Your remark alone is why you'lll never find it. Scary i know.

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

"Why is earl grey so quiet? only posts pictures and reactions now?"

You make perfect sense don't you.

Are you sure you don't have "psychosis" fyi, since illuu cares so much

Edited by welkin

5 minutes ago, welkin said:

You make perfect sense don't you.

Are you sure you don't have "psychosis" fyi, since illuu cares so much

Psychoses is plural:rolleyes:

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

Just now, ilumairen said:

And the train has gone off the rails...

Nah, when Ralis and Nungali come back, we'll be back on track. I'm still waiting for a response to my message from that brief moment that we were actually on topic...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, welkin said:

'Why so serioussss?' I've been following the thread so i can learn. Can you explain in a manner where it can be of value to others including myself to prove that it is not trying to create any confusion? And so it is not only benefiting a select group of people?

Thanks

I typed that out on my phone while on the job site.

If you are serious and want to learn I am certain I can point out references. Let me be clear, I am not here to think for you!

My clients asserted their will in what they wanted done. I hired a contractor to do the job for me in accordance to my will, and further,  my clients pay me money in accordance to their will after the job is completed. Furthermore, the contractor in question wanted to be paid in cash in accordance with his will. :lol:

Edited by ralis
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Weber is one of the three foundational philosophers of sociology, along with Marx and Durkheim--had to read a bit of those three in uni, so we went through Das Kapital and the professor revealed to us how in the context of sociological sciences, Marx was an optimist and Weber posited a lot more cynicism about capitalism. Another translation would be "inner loneliness" and referenced the primarily Calvinist view that man was longing for God and serving with purpose, but as seen in the Wiki article:

As for Campbell, this article from the Huffington Post is one of the more recent summaries in popular times:

Campbell is often quoted by Millennials and Edgers pursuing passion projects and work in order to, well, avoid work, which is actually only part of what Campbell meant for following one's bliss. 

In relation to Crowley and Will, what is the practical difference then based on what I'm quoting here (however brief and hopefully not inaccurate)?

I would  say there is a heap of practical difference  - the first being motivated by capitalism, seems to me from the above ,  somehow fake  in that  I dont think True Will was about convincing anyone that the work they are doing is their calling . Again, not knowing much about him, it SEEMS though  its more like ; if people are devoted they will perform better .  In short, I am curious or suspicious about what this NEED is that would be 'served well'. Is the need the fulfilment  and development of the individual combined with a better regulated and liberated society or is the need related to production rates and ultimately profit  ?

Campbell seems closer  as it seems more geared towards the fulfilment and development of the individual .  AS far as 'avoiding work' goes, one who is working at a job that IS the fulfilment of their True Will , it doesnt seem like work at all  ;  you get to do what you most love ... and get paid for doing it as well !  

I think the True Will expression and the no work thing will evolve together, the more automation takes over jobs . otherwise what is one to do ?  Seek out your passion and work  or sit around doing nothing,  or triviality and consonantly getting out of it .

11 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

particularly advantageous in techni

• Like 1

3 hours ago, manitou said:

LOL.  Perhaps a bad choice of words.  I withdraw the question because after re-reading the last several posts, I realize I'm talking about apples vs. oranges.

Old lady mulligan, please :D

Here ya go  .... have this instead

article-1287551-09adfb3e000005dc-747_468

2 hours ago, welkin said:

Hey, now that it's all good and chill now.

Can ya'll tell me what's the point of being able to send electricity out your hands and actually being able to affect reality?

Yes.

I could hold my hands either side of you neck bolts  .

FQW2XYRHD4VLIIF.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Well, you know ... school vacation ... kids get bored , then they get naughty  .

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Yes.

I could hold my hands either side of you neck bolts  .

should i test on you? just give me permission

1 minute ago, welkin said:

should i test on you? just give me permission

One who knows his subject well rejoices in tests .   The unstudied and unprepared  approach them with trepidation . 

If someone asks to test me ... thats one thing .  If someone asks to  test ' on '  me  thats  possibly an entirely different thing  .... or maybe they just failed at English  ?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Nungali said:

One who knows his subject well rejoices in tests .   The unstudied and unprepared  approach them with trepidation . 

If someone asks to test me ... thats one thing .  If someone asks to  test ' on '  me  thats  possibly an entirely different thing  .... or maybe they just failed at English  ?

i don't think my question was answered. though i guess that has become an entirely different thing.

can you explain this?

If someone asks to test me

How would i test you, or in what way would you want me to test you?

If you haven't noticed this entire thing was a test, but yet you failed to study and were unprepared. And now, you approach me with trepidation.

Is this not true?

Nope .

Its , rather ,  a load of confused bullshit .

You might like to think you cause some trepidation  ... but       :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

Nope .

Its , rather ,  a load of confused bullshit .

You might like to think you cause some trepidation  ... but       :D 

Why would i need to think it. It already happened. There's proof

The school holidays have been affecting other forums too ;

"  ....  whenever I put my hand in a certain spot while it rained thunder would appear there. So I took videos. They will be linked below, ... . Idk what I have or why this is happening so if you can tell me please do.   "

:D 

... and guess what happened next ?   people on that forum pointed out the obvious  and 'Mr Lightening' first pretended innocence, then denial, then silly comment, then abuse , then cited unfairness  and just continued  talking unrelated rubbish  regardless of what was said or asked .

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, welkin said:

Why isn't 'he' speaking to me directly anymore as he was earlier. Maybe we'll get another explanation that doesn't even address the previous point made.

Call me psychic, but something tells me that's going to happen.

Keep crying. I'm waiting to get kicked out, becuase it's not going to happen. I can tell the owner is intellectual enough to see, intellectual babies cry in defeat and "HINT" removal. What level in your practices are you? What in the world are you working on. The truth is so far from you now. It's like you went further away

For someone complaining about a previous point not being addressed, you sure do a poor job of answering ralis’ question earlier about how you believe you were helping others here.

No need to be psychic to predict that all that will come from you is verbal diarrhea in the form of absolutely atrocious grammar, mis-spellings, punctuation and capitalization errors, and nonsensical statements full of logical fallacies that do nothing than demonstrate the completely infantile behavior of a self-important lad who feels the need to belittle others as a means of seemingly self-aggrandizing yourself but sadly only proves that you are pathetic.

From insulting ilumairen

7 hours ago, welkin said:

7 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Okay go find Illumination, enlightenment, Mu, Shambhalla, truth...

With your question mark.....

Your remark alone is why you'lll never find it. Scary i know.

who has done nothing but demonstrate compassion and patience to declaring that you know more than formally-educated scholars like nungali and ralis, you are not a participant, but a pest.

It seems like once again we are subject to your ramblings, and at no point do you demonstrate any amount of intelligence or assertion of will (in keeping with the topic of this thread), unless your will is to remind us that the tax dollars of the American people simply aren’t enough to address and pay for the mental health problems that you not only have, but are demonstrating that you have new psychoses that have yet to be discovered by scientists.

I shall take this moment to suggest a name for your psychosis, or perhaps more appropriately, a taxonomy for the unique species you are: homo asinalis, the stupid little man.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

For someone complaining about a previous point not being addressed, you sure do a poor job of answering ralis’ question earlier about how you believe you were helping others here.

No need to be psychic to predict that all that will come from you is verbal diarrhea in the form of absolutely atrocious grammar, mis-spellings, punctuation and capitalization errors, and nonsensical statements full of logical fallacies that do nothing than demonstrate the completely infantile behavior of a self-important lad who feels the need to belittle others as a means of seemingly self-aggrandizing yourself but sadly only proves that you are pathetic.

From insulting ilumairen

who has done nothing but demonstrate compassion and patience to declaring that you know more than formally-educated scholars like nungali and ralis, you are not a participant, but a pest.

It seems like once again we are subject to your ramblings, and at no point do you demonstrate any amount of intelligence or assertion of will (in keeping with the topic of this thread), unless your will is to remind us that the tax dollars of the American people simply aren’t enough to address and pay for the mental health problems that you not only have, but are demonstrating that you have new psychoses that have yet to be discovered by scientists.

I shall take this moment to suggest a name for your psychosis, or perhaps more appropriately, a taxonomy for the unique species you are: homo asinalis, the stupid little man.

Yes, you are subject to this. You and your little gangsters.

The whole forum feels similarly, they just don't have a voice to speak, becuase you shut them all down. Wonder why they all left?

You guys are jesters.