Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

The Art of War

It would seem that the subject of conflict is alive and well, personally, collectively, globally.  With the arctic in flames and the next American election cycle heating up, we are all being called to act courageously if we want a habitable planet.

I'm proposing (another?) round of study Sun Tzu's classic.  I haven't teased out the study guidelines, but I'd love to see honest and forthright participation, which I believe mandates homework and scholarship.  As evidenced below, I"ve kind of gone bonkers collecting different interpretations.  Any takers?

IMG_0625 (5).jpg

• Like 1

I had five versions at one point, two of which I gave to people and never saw back (happens to my favorite books all the time -- when I'm eager to share, someone assumes I myself want to go without.  Nope.  That's not the art of anything.  :ph34r: ) 

The one "for women" I stopped reading after giving it a fair try -- as usual, I found I don't like "popularized" and "reinterpreted" versions of anything and only care for the most pristine ones.  I can interpret stuff myself, thank you.  And "popularized" usually boils down to "dumbed down."  

As for the rest, I'm game.  Although most of my "art of war" studies are happening in hands-on taiji combat applications these days, and hardly ever get transferred to the head.  But I think I would enjoy a quality foray into the subject.  Been a while.

0-2.jpg

On 30/08/2019 at 10:28 PM, Taomeow said:

I had five versions at one point, two of which I gave to people and never saw back (happens to my favorite books all the time -- when I'm eager to share, someone assumes I myself want to go without.  Nope.  That's not the art of anything.  :ph34r: ) 

Haha, this happened to TWO of my TTCs!

On 30/08/2019 at 7:51 PM, Encephalon said:

I'm proposing (another?) round of study Sun Tzu's classic.  I haven't teased out the study guidelines, but I'd love to see honest and forthright participation, which I believe mandates homework and scholarship.  As evidenced below, I"ve kind of gone bonkers collecting different interpretations.  Any takers?

I'll raise my hand because I like the idea and want to at least try. I am decorating/moving to a new place as we speak but I'll swing by when I can.

Sign in to follow this