Apech

Forum speed and topic move

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

the last few days the main page and topics have been loading slower than they used to - is this a general thing or is it me?

 

I wonder if no one objects if 'What made you laugh' could be moved from general to Rabbit hole so its sits with 'what are you listening to' and 'what are you watching on youtube' .... just seems to fit better there.

 

Cheers.

 

A.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Apech said:

Hi,

 

the last few days the main page and topics have been loading slower than they used to - is this a general thing or is it me?

 

I've experienced the same, and thought it was on this end. 

 

39 minutes ago, Apech said:

I wonder if no one objects if 'What made you laugh' could be moved from general to Rabbit hole so its sits with 'what are you listening to' and 'what are you watching on youtube' .... just seems to fit better there.

 

Good idea imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ilumairen said:

 

I've experienced the same, and thought it was on this end. 

 

 

Good idea imo.

Seeing the same thing here from different locations. Hosting bandwidth issues most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh, yeah, page load does seem to be struggling. Machine is pretty beefy already. I just tweaked some knobs and will keep an eye on it.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 3:30 PM, Apech said:

Hi,

 

the last few days the main page and topics have been loading slower than they used to - is this a general thing or is it me?

 

I wonder if no one objects if 'What made you laugh' could be moved from general to Rabbit hole so its sits with 'what are you listening to' and 'what are you watching on youtube' .... just seems to fit better there.

 

Cheers.

 

A.

 

thats laughable 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, C T said:

 

thats laughable 

 

it made me laugh.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so  oooo   sllllooooowwww    this morning ;

 

 then error sign came up with this info ;

"

You

Browser

Working

 

Singapore

Cloudflare

Working

 

www.thedaobums.com

Host

Error

 

Seems to be okay now through

 

:huh:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it's really dragging. I'm going to move it to a new server in the next week or so.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sean said:

Yeah it's really dragging. I'm going to move it to a new server in the next week or so.

Did you implement changes on anonymous logging or is it just me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 4:18 AM, Zork said:

Did you implement changes on anonymous logging or is it just me?

 

How do you mean?

 

Sean

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think I'm finally finished moving the forum to a new shiny server. Things feel much snappier to me! 🔥

 

@dawei — Do you notice anything out of sorts? If not I was planning to flip the switch to bring the forum back online shortly. 🙌

 

Sean

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sean said:

Think I'm finally finished moving the forum to a new shiny server. Things feel much snappier to me! 🔥

 

@dawei — Do you notice anything out of sorts? If not I was planning to flip the switch to bring the forum back online shortly. 🙌

 

Sean

 

 

i've been in the front and back end without any issues.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet, we're back.

 

If anyone notices anything weird please let me know. This involved a tablecloth trick.

 

giphy.gif

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sean said:

Sweet, we're back.

 

If anyone notices anything weird please let me know. This involved a tablecloth trick.

 

giphy.gif

 

 

I remember that vid...  for the record: despite the boy who leaves his brother...they are both ok  :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 10:30 AM, Apech said:

the last few days the main page and topics have been loading slower than they used to - is this a general thing or is it me?

 

3 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Feels faster here too. 

 

Damn you man... blame the cat !!!  B)

 

I was silently cursing google chrome... but seems JoeBlast said they are CIA implant...  am I being wire-tapped now too ?  :mellow::huh::o:P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daobums down for hours - I need therapy!!!!  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Apech said:

Daobums down for hours - I need therapy!!!!  

 

Thankfully the picture of the meditating monk inspired patience each time I loaded the page.

 

“Damn, seems I’ll have to actually work now...”

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/7/2019 at 12:49 AM, sean said:

 

How do you mean?

 

Sean

 

There is no option for anonymous logging on my sign in page anymore. Not that i use it, it just felt strange to see it gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zork said:

There is no option for anonymous logging on my sign in page anymore. Not that i use it, it just felt strange to see it gone.

 

I noticed that too... and was before any server move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, dawei said:

 

I noticed that too... and was before any server move.

I think it happened ~5 days ago. The next day that Sean came back. If the incidents are related i have no clue. Plus one can log via email not just username.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zork said:

I think it happened ~5 days ago. The next day that Sean came back. If the incidents are related i have no clue. Plus one can log via email not just username.

 

AH.  It's written right there in the box and never noticed that.  thanks :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zork said:

I think it happened ~5 days ago. The next day that Sean came back. If the incidents are related i have no clue. 

 

I confirmed the setting was turned off last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the new speed. 

20 hours ago, Apech said:

Daobums down for hours - I need therapy!!!!  

Sometimes being away from the DB's is the therapy. B)

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dawei said:

 

I confirmed the setting was turned off last week. 

 

Yeah, no more ninjas... 

 

:ph34r:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites