2 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

My Step Father taught me to take a person at their word until proven wrong. 

Telling other what they really mean is asinine and rude.

If you want to impress me with powers of perception please PM me with the winning lotto numbers until then we’ll yeah whatever.  Diareah of the post gains no traction here.

You know, you can wait all your life, and dream about living it. Or you can live your dreams. ^_^

Edited by Everything

3 hours ago, Aetherous said:

This is a matter of semantics, but...

I think our destiny is the ultimate story we're meant to be the hero of. It's the path we walk when we're in alignment with our true nature. We need to become who we're meant to be, in order to have realized our destiny. Just think of the hero who has yet to set out on his journey...he's told "you have a great destiny" by a seer.

Fate, on the other hand, involves those experiences which we have no control over. We try to make a plan, do the work to accomplish that goal, and then it fails for some reason - that's fate. The fates have messed with us. "Well, that's fate" so they say. To some extent, of karmic reactions being real, that is also fate. I think fate is something to be wise about, and circumvent, or something to overcome directly if possible. Life throws a challenge at us, and we're supposed to deal with that one way or another.

I don't know what's up with manifesting. For me personally, it seems to have haphazard results at best, if it works at all...and I prefer thinking more practically when it comes to accomplishing things. (Such as: knowing what you want and don't want, formulating a goal to get what you want, create a plan to achieve the goal, formulate actionable steps toward fulfilling that plan, and do the real work that's required for each step, until you follow through with your plan and achieve the goal.)

I suspect that "manifesting" might have more to do with being more subconsciously attuned to certain things. For instance, let's say you try to manifest an orange. Soon enough you'll see it in an ad on TV, or you'll see someone eating one at work. You must have manifested it, right? But perhaps those things happen every day, and while you're usually barely aware of it, now you were just more attuned to oranges and therefore saw them more often. This faculty of the mind can have some use. It helps us notice more of what we're looking for...but how many of us have "manifested" the million dollars into our bank accounts?

Not saying it isn't possible...just that my results with attempting it aren't good, and that something else more realistic might actually be taking place other than what we're told is taking place.

And so you can never appreciate anything that you can possibly manifest for yourself in your life, because you have destined yourself to work harder for them, than they will ever have the capability of satisfying you. There is nothing wrong with that, as you already say. It's just your experiences and that's it. It's a simple choice, that you can become aware of. And when you do, it is infinitely easy to let go of continueing to choose it. That doesn't mean there is no other experience to be had, and that also doesn't mean you don't deserve to have another experience and especially it doesn't mean you don't have the capability to create another experience for yourself. 

For example, what do you think of the destiny of having to not do anything in order to deserve everything that you can possibly imagine you want for yourself. And how do you see your relationship towards humanity, as you begin to realise, that this is not only your destiny, but the destiny of those around you aswell. Would you call it fate if you then turn back around, and say, well, those people don't allow themselves to have what they want, so I'm not gonna either, untill they do it first. And would you then call it fate, if you then see how no one is ever choosing anything good for themselves. And would you then call it fate, when you see how no one is even aware of their own capability of choosing something better for themselves, as you are waiting endless life times for them, because they have simply never had a real life example of anyone doing it for themselves in their own life example first aswell? 

And can you then see how you are always gonna create your own fate and destiny in this way? 

The question is not what is your destiny. The question is, what destiny do you want for yourself? And the answer is always an easy one. "Oh, I definitely want a destiny that is better than the one I'm having now!" 

And how do you allow that better destiny? Oh simple! Just feel better!

Damn I'm so fking genius that it hurts. ^_^

You're never gonna enjoy your destiny unless you are enjoying your journey towards it. Why? Because the journey never ends and because the destiny is IN the journey! And because you can never ever exit this journey that people call existance, that is the ever becoming, that is who it is you really truely are and forever shall be. And so your only destiny and fate and purpose in and as life is simple. Joy. And luckily for you! Because the joy is in the journey! And you are always on your path. You can never ever get off your path. And as you are enjoying your journey, you will, forevermore, enjoy your journey. So simple! :lol:

But you can't get to there from here, in one big jump, and try to stretch your body untill it tears appart. That is why the journey is so good, when you finally learn the art of allowing your greater journey in life, that is always part of your here and now journey, of feeling better, here and now, forever! As all is here and now is forever! For ever!

8 hours ago, Aetherous said:

I don't know what's up with manifesting. For me personally, it seems to have haphazard results at best, if it works at all...and I prefer thinking more practically when it comes to accomplishing things. (Such as: knowing what you want and don't want, formulating a goal to get what you want, create a plan to achieve the goal, formulate actionable steps toward fulfilling that plan, and do the real work that's required for each step, until you follow through with your plan and achieve the goal.)

That's part of what we have to do (study what we need to know and acquire the necessary skills), but then after that the Taoist way of handling things would be wu wei. Apart from Taoism as a philosophy reaching wu wei will be my main focus. I'm not after miracles or supernatural capabilities. Going through life in a creative, graceful and effortless manner without unnecessary worries will be enough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wandelaar said:

That's part of what we have to do (study what we need to know and acquire the necessary skills), but then after that the Taoist way of handling things would be wu wei.

Is that like taking the path of least resistance? Or simply following the steps without grinding one's gears (wei wu wei)?

8 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

Is that like taking the path of least resistance? Or simply following the steps without grinding one's gears (wei wu wei)?

I'm not exactly clear about it myself yet, but there is also a psychological component to it. Systematically solving problems leaves out something essential. But I first have some books to read about attention and flow that seem relevant before commenting any further.

• Like 1

This will probably sound like a huge cop-out on this question.  It's all actually happening Now - yesterday and tomorrow are merely mental constructs.  I think that the concept of destiny or fate can be attributed to the fact that it's already happened, we just haven't caught up with it yet, in our prison of the linear time construct that we have in our brains.

I recently read where the scientists researching with the atom-smashing Hadron collider in Geneva have discovered that not only do atom components smash into the Present, but they also smash into the Past!  Simultaneously.  I'm guessing they also smash into the Future as well but they haven't devised a way to measure that.  So I think Destiny or Fate has already taken place, but it's just unfolding on our linear level.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wandelaar said:

That's part of what we have to do (study what we need to know and acquire the necessary skills), but then after that the Taoist way of handling things would be wu wei. Apart from Taoism as a philosophy reaching wu wei will be my main focus. I'm not after miracles or supernatural capabilities. Going through life in a creative, graceful and effortless manner without unnecessary worries will be enough. 

Exactly! GOD INSPIRED SPEECH you got there! The art of allowing is the only discipline that you will ever find worthwhile to excersize your discipline upon. And as all effort thus then fades, what is there is left but the endless stream of joyous life experiences, that can only ever be ever expansive for you, in endless ways? Nothing, but the best, and better, forevermore, as all is here, and now is forever. Being and becoming are one and the same thing. And you need not do anything, in order to allow your ever becoming to flow naturally in full alignment with your ever greater knowing and wanting. But what you do need to do, is stop doing all those things that can possibly block that from always happening here and now. And thus, as you learn to do this one thing that can only ever possibly mean anything to you ever? INFINITE FREEDOM, UNCONDITIONAL FREEDOM, CAPABILITY AND EMPOWERMENT. That is who it is and what is that is who it is and what it is that is who it is and what it is that you truely already always have been, always will be, and are, in your ever state of ever becoming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, manitou said:

This will probably sound like a huge cop-out on this question.  It's all actually happening Now - yesterday and tomorrow are merely mental constructs.  I think that the concept of destiny or fate can be attributed to the fact that it's already happened, we just haven't caught up with it yet, in our prison of the linear time construct that we have in our brains.

I recently read where the scientists researching with the atom-smashing Hadron collider in Geneva have discovered that not only do atom components smash into the Present, but they also smash into the Past!  Simultaneously.  I'm guessing they also smash into the Future as well but they haven't devised a way to measure that.  So I think Destiny or Fate has already taken place, but it's just unfolding on our linear level.

Exactly, yet more God inspired speech, one after the other. You guys are masters of creation. You move through billions upon billions of frozen snapshots of existance and call it linear time space reality. And this comes so easy to you! SO EASY! You don't even know you're doing it! That is how powerfull you are... And all that you want, is always but the INFINITELY slightest bit of difference away from where you stand. This is what people point at when they talk about the butterfly effect. Your alignment has the power of leverage that allows you to move mountains! With zero effort whatsoever! And you're already doing this every single second of your life! It is only when you finally allow yourself to become conscious of this fact that you have a joyous and easy going life experience after another. As you then work in harmony with your greater knowing, for the sole purpose of satisfying every single one of your individual life experiences! For no other reason then your own delicious ever deserving joy that is who it is what it is you truely already are as an eternally worthy being, that can never ever get it wrong and will never ever thus then, EVER get it done! Endless joy unto you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wandelaar said:

Could you explain? :unsure:

You don't need to know what you don't know. Why? Because it doesn't exist! Non-existance, BY ITS DEFINITION, DOES NOT EXIST! You know absolutely everything that you can ever possibly want to know EVER AND ALWAYS, AS ALL IS HERE AND NOW IS FOREVER.

And I don't want to bore you by repeating this over and over again, but the value of doing so is endless. So I keep doing it. And it doesn't matter how many times, every single time, is as if for the very first time. As all is here, and now is forever. :D

Edited by Everything

5 hours ago, Aetherous said:

Yeah exactly, it is the act of non-action, of letting go, of allowing, letting go and letting god, letting flow, allowing, the ART OF ALLOWING, or art of Releasing Resistance, the art of feeling better, the art of reaching a vibrational alignment with who it is you truely are as all that you truely are. You can point at this very same thing in infinitely different ways. And in so doing, you allow yourself to realise, that you do nothing, and thus then, you leave nothing undone. Because that is really how easy it is and always has been and always will be. Because that is simply the nature of your ever greater and more powerful being, to CREATE with absolutely zero effort whatsoever. Very easy and simple. So simple infact, it often takes us humans endless of life times to realise how easy it really is, and how much we have always been deserving of this fact of how easy it really is. And when you finally allow yourself to realise how easy it really is and thus can be and thus is for yourself, then you let go and let god flow more fully through you in your greater state of allowing and thus then alignment, and thus then you claim your birthright as a conscious and deliberate co-creator of your own life experiences in the way you intended before you came here into this physical life experience. And there is nothing in all of the universe that is more delicious than that! More free, and more powerful, and more loving, and more clear, and more unwavering, and more joyous and more blissful and expansive and extatic and rapturous! More inspired, more in spirit, more in tune and in harmony with your greater spirit. Your greater being, your greater consciousness, more in tune with the energy that is who it is and what it is that is who it is and what it is that you truely already are! Always have been and always will be.

flash-3087117_960_720.jpg

The energy and power that creates worlds is what you are made of. The question is, how much are you ALLOWING yourself, in any given moment, to truely BE who it is and what it is that you truely already are, always have been and always will be! And the answer is simple!

Your degree of allowing or not/resisting is always PERFECTLY indicated by your emotions / energy motions feeeeeeling! That allows you to KNOW, how much you are summoning the energy that creates worlds in any given moment, and how much you are allowing it. And the more you allow it, the better you feel. And the more you resist it, the worse you feel.

And with this knowledge now? You have the power to create any life experience you so desire, nothing is off limits, nothing is out of question, for you are eternally worthy beings, and nothing that you  can ever do can ever mean you get it wrong, there is no failure, only succes, and there is no destiny, only the endless journey that is your everlasting destiny and your everlasting joy and purpose and beautiful and delicious and ever satisfying reason for being here, in existance and as existance as your ever being that is one and the same thing as your ever becoming, ever more, as all is here and now is forever.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aetherous said:

So, in terms of getting a million dollars....?

Stuck energy.  that's all money is.  Takes energy to make it, takes energy to spend it.  but when it's sitting in your wallet as a $20 bill it's just....stuck.  Maybe the secret to making it is to not focus on it at all.  Rather, to do what we love to do, to focus on the moment at hand and enjoy the play that we're living.  The rest is frosting on the cake.  If we focus on making a million bucks we won't find the satisfaction we're looking for anyway.  There will always be the want for more.

Thanks, Everything!  Thanks for recognizing the Dao within yourself and seeing it in others.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aetherous said:

You already contain it within you. Feel your way to the ever more becoming of it. Ask yourself what that truely means to you and love it in all the ways you can in all the ways you can focus on that true good feeling desire, in your ever expanding and effortless and joyous and ever more exciting imagination of it. That yields you with the ever greater joy and love for it. That then indicates for you your pure unwavering alignment with your truest path in life. Unconditionally, so it shall be unto you, forever more, in its ever state of being that is its ever state of ever becoming the ever more of it. That is who it is what it is you truely already are, and always have been and always will be. And so it is and so it shall be, as all is here and now is forever. 

Edited by Everything

On 12/23/2018 at 1:41 AM, Everything said:

You know, you can wait all your life, and dream about living it. Or you can live your dreams. ^_^

I tend towards most people living their dreams, and some of those dreams are less pleasant due to the karmic seeds that have been planted. Just as some dreams seem more pleasant - as @dmattwads post seemed to point towards. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wandelaar said:

Could you explain? :unsure:

I'm not sure if you were asking about my comment or someone else's.  Linear time (that our brains can handle) vs. the totality of vertical time (everything happening Now) could be compared to quantum physics.  When the physicians discovered that the smallest observable bits of matter (quantum entities) are smashed, they measure as BOTH a particle and a wave of probability.  It seems to me that there is an inherent duality in that.  A particle takes up space in the location in which it is observed, a wave takes up time to get from point A to point B.  How can it possibly be both?  This is a mind boggler to the scientific community; even Einstein conceded that because his theories were based on Newtonian physics, they were subject to modification upon the scientific community making this new discovery.  To me, it says that we sit at the intersection of time and space in our being.

So hard to get our heads around this, but it is a new reality as far as mankind's knowledge knows.  Of course, the mystical masters of all time have probably intuited and 'seen' this phenomena in action.  I think it might explain things like being in two locations at the same time, or levitation, or maybe the Nazarene walking on water.  To bring this awareness,   that we are the thought-stuff of the universal Intelligence (or God) is how the miracle workers have done this. 

Everything, on this thread, comes about as close as you can come to verbalizing all this, as I see it.

On 12/23/2018 at 1:17 AM, Everything said:

yeah, and so, what does that mean? That you are and will always be impressed by the clear vision of the moon, will you not?

To me the moon is dharmakaya, our clear luminous essence, the seat of wisdom. And the sea is the depth of our being. 

When the sea is stormy, and full of self - interested stories it doesn't reflect the moon with clarity. 

You're always on your path, you can never be off your path. You are always on your path.

Yes. 

@ manitou

The problem with quantum mechanics and relativity physics is that our ordinary experience doesn't concern elementary particles or objects moving at relativistic velocities. That makes our language and pictures of the world that are formed on the basis of our day to day experiences, inadequate for describing the phenomena of quantum mechanics and relativity physics. Happily we can still deal with quantum and relativistic phenomena by using mathematical models because mathematics is more encompassing than our common language and naive pictorial representations.

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 1

I think you're absolutely on target, Wandelaar.  Yes, we are born into the relativistic phenomena.  But it excites me that quantum physics is man's way of catching up with the Whole of it - both dimensions.  And how many more dimensions there must be!  In the Sutras (I've only read Avatamsaka and Lotus) there is consistent mention of zillions of 'Buddha-lands', which I suspect could account for so many other dimensions that are outside of our sensory receptors.

4 hours ago, ilumairen said:

I tend towards most people living their dreams, and some of those dreams are less pleasant due to the karmic seeds that have been planted. Just as some dreams seem more pleasant - as @dmattwads post seemed to point towards. 

That is ok, some people have not fully excersized their ability to dream consciously and deliberately yet. But once you do, you will dream the pleasant dreams, because you simply use your ability to distinguish between your lesser allowing of the good dream and your more allowing of it, by virtue of using your emotion's guidance in harmony with your minds ability to focus on the ever becoming of the ever greater dream that is truely your greatest dream that then always wakes up in full conscious awareness of who it is you truely are and are ment to be forever more. And the best dream of all dreams, that then reflects your true reason and purpose of being and for being, in the absolute most clear, vivid and lucid and colorful and real way that can possibly ever be for you. And then I'd say, go ahead and live your dreams. You deserve to be who it is you truely already are. And from that point of view you then also know who it is you truely already are.

And from that point of view you will always know the value of what you used to call the bad dreams, because you can more fully understand them for what they truely always have been, which is allways a good dream of the more of all that you truely are in your ever greater becoming that is one and the same thing as your ever being, as all is here and now is forever.

And so all the best dreams is always fully readily available for you here and now. And as you allow yourself to look at it, then you also allow yourself to easily more and more live it, effortlessly, consciously, ongoingly, in an ever state of excitement and satisfaction of every moment of your life that is your ever fulfillment of all of the best of all of your dreams, ever more.

Edited by Everything

21 hours ago, Aetherous said:

Does this question point more to practical application than vast financial gain?

Just now, ilumairen said:

Does this question point more to practical application than vast financial gain?

Yep definitely. Our theories should be able to have real world results...if they don't work (such as the theory of manifesting, and trying to prove it by choosing to manifest 1mil into your bank account) then it's a sign that those theories might not be accurate. I only said 1 million dollars because that's the most common thing people talk about when it comes to manifesting.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

Yep definitely. Our theories should be able to have real world results...if they don't work (such as the theory of manifesting, and trying to prove it by choosing to manifest 1mil into your bank account) then it's a sign that those theories might not be accurate. I only said 1 million dollars because that's the most common thing people talk about when it comes to manifesting.

Taking winning (large amounts of) money as an example might be problematic, but I certainly agree with your idea that theories need to be tested to evaluate their value. And that even applies to spiritual theories. Otherwise it's just empty speculation.

Edited by wandelaar

I've heard people suggest that the subconscious mind is the infinite mind. And if you impress any idea in it long enough, no matter what it is, it will eventually become reality. But I think some ppl may have the wrong idea about it. The subconscious, or Spirit, will lead you to the actions you need to take to make something manifest, it doesn't mean it's just gonna happen. Like if you impress in your subconscious you have supernatural power, ur not just gonna wake up one day flying because you repeatedly programmed your subconscious to do it. you're gonna be lead to the PRACTICAL practices of chi Kung to achieve it. Which may take a decade or two to accomplish, (or more). I think the main problem I had, is alot of new age thought teachers that have made it seem like there's really no work involved. You just meditate, and put it in your subconscious long enough, and boom it happens. And obviously it doesn't work that way.