Tryingtodobetter

Emergency situation, seeking advice (content may be triggering)

14 minutes ago, moment said:

Eventually, you will become very efficient, just pared down to a few techniques that work best... May you be overwhelmed by your own love.

Hi moment,

Well said.

- LimA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

Thank you for letting me know that its not going to harm me, some scary things have come through and while they frightened me it was clear that they weren't going to bring physical harm to me. I'm working on being a stronger person

When you suggested I put my hand over my abdomen, were you being completely literal? 

I'm wondering if there is a certain position I should be in, or if my hand needs to be a certain distance from my body, or if it matters which hands it is etc. 

For now I'm just going to try as is and see what results that yields

I would like to be surrounded by people that make me feel more calm, though they're pretty much all gone at this point due to various circumstances and reasons. I'm alone most of the time and it can be pretty challenging trying to solve this on my own and gain the inertia needed to get where I'm trying to go

Thank you

I'm not a teacher, I still have a -lot- to work on me myself, but according to what I've been taught, yes, literally one or both of your hands on your abdomen. A little below the navel area to be precise.. Just sit straight in a chair/seat.. Don't look for anything special, and if you do, just gently being aware of the physical sensation in your abdomen/hand connection will help calm you down if you allow it. Just observe the Physical Feeling. Hope that helps.. Sounds like you will be alright, hang in there please.. :)

Edited by thursday
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2018 at 6:09 PM, moment said:

You are listening to great advice here from various very experienced people and that is the right thing to do. Not only is the advice useful but, knowing all of these people are here for you is just as good.  In a while you must customize this advice to your individual needs. 

Hi Trytodobetter,

These words from moment are pertinent - "In a while you must customize this advice to your individual needs" .

You must frame your own context which must reflect "your individual needs". The importance of context relevant to you can be depicted thus -

45408-si4-lo8.png

Without a defined context, you may experience information overload as such:

7443353508_f2331accf0_b.jpg

Guess where you are coming from, you can be context specified going forward - on your own road less tracelled

- LimA

On 3/9/2018 at 3:53 PM, moment said:

First off, no more candle gazing, avoid it like the plague.  Start looking into more low key, calming influences like Yoga Nidra and Hakuin's oil melt.  Keep either of them or whatever seems right to you down to less than thirty minutes a day until you know them well.  Walking meditations  in the forest or nice parks is useful.  Start eliminating stresses.  Everything negative you are feeling is an artificially magnified condition.  You need to soothe yourself.  Do more of the things that relax and calm you.

Anyone here ever heard of tai chi?  I heard about tai chi once,  that it is a good kind of meditation.  Some say it's kind of like a walking meditation, only it's better than 'just' walking.  Some say it is calming and soothing and can help eliminate stress.

Edited by Starjumper
speeling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2018 at 1:39 PM, Starjumper said:

Anyone here ever heard of tai chi?  I heard about tai chi once,  that it is a good kind of meditation.  Some say it's kind of like a walking meditation, only it's better than 'just' walking.  Some say it is calming and soothing and can help eliminate stress.

Tai Chi is awesome. I love it! Not the best in the  in the short term though, if you have never done it before and you don't have a teacher.

Quick fixes here for what tryingtodobetter considered an emergency. My sense is that since he did not mention it, he did not know it. But, who knows? Lets check it out.

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2018 at 3:52 PM, Tryingtodobetter said:

The Hakuin's oil melt resonates with me more, is it similar to "the butter meditation"? 

I had a barefoot walk today and felt more relaxed, though the energy seemed to become "heady" again shortly after putting my shoes on, I was only out for about half an hour today.

Yea, I quit using marijuana cold turkey about a month ago and recently gave up cigarettes.

Thank you 

Hey there!  Do you know any Tai Chi?

I just got a personal message from tryingtodobetter.  He says no. No Tai Chi.. What do you recommend for a newbie with no teacher who needs results in the near term?  Something that can be built upon.  I know Yang and Wu.  I am sure that you have some ideas.

19 minutes ago, moment said:

Quick fixes here for what tryingtodobetter considered an emergency. My sense is that since he did not mention it, he did not know it. But, who knows? Lets check it out.

Good point, I overlooked the part about it being an emergency and was just flaming the lack of advice on doing tai chi.  Tai chi is a long range project but I think a person can get fairly quick results if they have a 'real' teacher and also are really dedicated (practice a lot right at the start even if they have only learned one or two moves), both of which are probably a rarity.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, moment said:

I just got a personal message from tryingtodobetter.  He says no. No Tai Chi.. What do you recommend for a newbie with no teacher who needs results in the near term?  Something that can be built upon.  I know Yang and Wu.  I am sure that you have some ideas.

Easy and quick, I recommend guided meditations.  Just got to listen to them, nothing else.  See

There are short of chi gung forms on youtube he could persue, see if any strike his interest.  Easier to learn then a Tai Chi form.  Personally I like Pan Gu.  One could look up Michael Winn Pangu and find a version (*note not the 'official' one). 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, moment said:

It sounds like if he's looking at chi kung he needs a form that is grounding, and I don't know what that form would be, most of the forms in my system get you jazzed up and exciteder than heck.  I know some grounding techniques: do the brush down which is at the end of all tai chi forms and most chi kung forms, also a standing meditation called standing in the stream, or sitting meditations with the palms facing downwards on the knees or legs or folded over the lower tan tien.  In case youre wondering I hate giving away advice for free when I doubt it will be used, so instead tell him:  take prozac.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

I liked your post Tryingtodobetter as I see you are trying to be as clear as you can! This is all good and I'll expand on it if you allow!

Learn not to think, center yourself and learn to reside here. This happens whenever you fall asleep as your mind withdraws within, observe this state so you can learn how does it feel, its the state that you experience all your life, nothing new to be learned here so its perfectly safe and natural. The same goes for taking a long walk it will make you really feel better. The mental energy body is making you feel agitated but you have another energy body that is silent by default and you reach this energy body when you stop thinking and center yourself. Try making a distinction between these two as most people miss it for what it is and just think its the same energy body and if they feel bad you try to discard all energy work, this won't help and you will need meds to ease your mental/physical energy body which again isn't a perfect solution.

Try focusing gently on the center in front of your Solar Power Chakra an inch above the navel (or at the diaphragm or few inches below navel center all 3 are centers for silence). You can put a little weight there to experience what feeling you should look for when focusing gently. Then stay here center yourself make a continuity from this feeling and see the difference between this energy and the mental emotional energy that gets so easily agitated and dizzy. Mental energy body always seems agitated its just that regular persons have lots of shields that sort of makes them numb to these feelings and once you take drugs or do some energy work those shields become weaker and you feel problems more then before. Nothing new really happened its just that your mind now is giving you lots of suggestions (you heard a lot of stuff) feeding off the mental energy body (emotional energy) on what is happening most being just false or over-exaggerated.

From your center you will strengthen your focus, do it when the storm begins there is no where you can really go but here. Its very subtle but this is your other self, its a real self that is with you all your life and expresses itself still daily in some simple tasks especially when you do some discipline task whatever that may be. It activates when you are honest such as when writing your initial post, this self gave you the strength when writing every word, it made a continuity out of your intent. Its you. Try being aware of this "place" as you.

Also its probably the self that made you take drugs in a honest fashion, the period when you liked something about it. Nothing is that bad unless you have too much mind, that is when stuff starts to get weird. At first focus on not thinking which is done by centering - just don't allow the mind to take over 100% and then when you get the feel for it from this point on you will be able to look at all the situations with a different outlook and then you can slowly do something about it, you can even use a sweeping motion with your hand to sort of clear them out. You'll know what to do.

Best of luck! Hope this will safe you time! :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2018 at 7:18 AM, Wizz said:

I liked your post Tryingtodobetter as I see you are trying to be as clear as you can! This is all good and I'll expand on it if you allow!

Learn not to think, center yourself and learn to reside here. This happens whenever you fall asleep as your mind withdraws within, observe this state so you can learn how does it feel, its the state that you experience all your life, nothing new to be learned here so its perfectly safe and natural. The same goes for taking a long walk it will make you really feel better. The mental energy body is making you feel agitated but you have another energy body that is silent by default and you reach this energy body when you stop thinking and center yourself. Try making a distinction between these two as most people miss it for what it is and just think its the same energy body and if they feel bad you try to discard all energy work, this won't help and you will need meds to ease your mental/physical energy body which again isn't a perfect solution.

Try focusing gently on the center in front of your Solar Power Chakra an inch above the navel (or at the diaphragm or few inches below navel center all 3 are centers for silence). You can put a little weight there to experience what feeling you should look for when focusing gently. Then stay here center yourself make a continuity from this feeling and see the difference between this energy and the mental emotional energy that gets so easily agitated and dizzy. Mental energy body always seems agitated its just that regular persons have lots of shields that sort of makes them numb to these feelings and once you take drugs or do some energy work those shields become weaker and you feel problems more then before. Nothing new really happened its just that your mind now is giving you lots of suggestions (you heard a lot of stuff) feeding off the mental energy body (emotional energy) on what is happening most being just false or over-exaggerated.

From your center you will strengthen your focus, do it when the storm begins there is no where you can really go but here. Its very subtle but this is your other self, its a real self that is with you all your life and expresses itself still daily in some simple tasks especially when you do some discipline task whatever that may be. It activates when you are honest such as when writing your initial post, this self gave you the strength when writing every word, it made a continuity out of your intent. Its you. Try being aware of this "place" as you.

Also its probably the self that made you take drugs in a honest fashion, the period when you liked something about it. Nothing is that bad unless you have too much mind, that is when stuff starts to get weird. At first focus on not thinking which is done by centering - just don't allow the mind to take over 100% and then when you get the feel for it from this point on you will be able to look at all the situations with a different outlook and then you can slowly do something about it, you can even use a sweeping motion with your hand to sort of clear them out. You'll know what to do.

Best of luck! Hope this will safe you time! :)

Your post resonated with me a lot.

You mentioned that "Mental energy body always seems agitated its just that regular persons have lots of shields that sort of makes them numb to these feelings and once you take drugs or do some energy work those shields become weaker and you feel problems more then before." Is there a way to strengthen those shields so that my day-to-day life is more "normal"?

Thank you for your response

• Like 1

Yes of course! Trust me one day you will be free if you really intend it so, the universe works in magnificent ways!

The best way is to stop thinking, to stop being your regular self and since the regular self is compromised of chakra experiences you could start to learn about them before you can transform them and be free of their mechanical perpetual motion that makes you run in circles.

There are 4 ways you can battle fear using different daily experiences or chakras which are the seats of experience.

1. using Reason

2. using Clarity

3. using Ego

4. using Heart

The first way is what cowards use and they spend endless time hiding behind reason avoiding the fact that they are afraid and reason is what makes them keep walking in the daily world of mankind, keeps them organized. Its also what makes them complain a lot seeking endless solutions that the reason provides.

The second way is what fools use to cope with fear trough using mentally positive affirmations, these are the people that think they know everything even without having any prior experience on the matter.

The third way to battle fear is by using ego and it is what makes people too self centered striving for power which in the end turns them into ravaging tyrants.

The fourth way is using the power of giving, sharing and love that comes from the heart, its called wisdom and usually is attained at old age and this is where fear easily dissolves but one is yet not completely free from the worry of predicting future events that time brings as its a lot to take in. When one gives from the heart he feels good about himself and without this ego satisfaction the love one gives is rather a mentally positive construct.

The 5th way is using Transcedence to stop the internal dialog and its about using Intent directly, its the tool of the universe and the thing that transforms your chakra experience into something beyond them. Once you reach this you are free from fear! But the next battle awaits..

Most people naturally belong to either of these 4 types and there is not a big difference between them as all of them belong to the society - the very thing that makes people agitated in the first place.

By using any of these levels of correspondence activates one of your first four chakras to the point that you can feel them tighten at the corresponding spots. If you don't know where chakras are putting crystals or rocks on these spots will tell you how this tightening feeling feels like. So whenever you share or give from your heart and stabilize there over a longer period of time the center of your chest will tighten energetically all because you are focusing on being a wise loving man. Even tho these experiences are positive in nature they still belong to your regular self and everyone has experienced giving and sharing periodically in their life - what those experiences consist of everyone knows best for themselves.

To stop being your regular self means to release the tightening and the tiring focus of your attention. This will lead you to internal silence and your Other True Self!

Most people jump from one tightening to another as a type of shielding but in the end there will always come someone who has bigger stronger shields and when this happens most people become attached to them in some way turning them into social or a type of antisocial being.

The simple exercises I gave are to develop your focus further more as its already naturally there. Its all up to you in the end and as far as I can see you already intended to be a different person then just a regular guy and this is what the universe has provided you with as fast as lightning! The only question is how much time will it take for you to get where you intended to!

Also if you insist with your troubles I would go with the 4th way of being respectful and loving at all times not for any other reason but for your well being which in the end will make other people feel well too and this is always good! Its also the path where you can accept others for what they are more easily. Maybe its not perfect but its good! This is the level where you feel grown up - something I thought I'll never attain as I was so full of fears, demons and self pitty I thought I'll be forever doomed even tho I had the most powerful system of knowledge at hand.. The universe is indeed marvelous!

The best of luck!  :)

Edited by Wizz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You could also try Shaolin Chi Kung and Kung Fu.  It is taught by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit. 

I did a couple of courses there, after I had abused Marijuana, ecstacy in the past, had some strong, cleansing chi flows, and although it wasn't a magic bullet (nothing is), it helped me appreciate it the simple beauty of life without drugs, and have a clear-thinking, positive mind.  (I even managed to still my mind!).

Courses are expensive, I paid about 1500$ Australian but you can get a full refund if you don't experience benefits.  (N.b I do not work for or receive any monetary benefit for promoting, just sharing what I thought might help you the most).  I've met a guy who also had a heavy pot-smoking past, now he enters into free-sparring tournaments using only his Tai Ji and wins them!!

Good luck on your journey.  And remember, it is you that controls your brain, not the weed lololol