Ian

Annoying people

doesn't this look like a personal shot

Couldn't sleep without adding that it was provoked by the total misrepresentation of your post in

we need no stinking translation. lets just make up stuff as we go. works wonders.

I really do feel for Taomeow a person I find wise and well rather scary is reduced to a sign. Bring back the sexy avatar or the cats :D

Back to bed

Taomeow,

I understand your being upset - especially if I was your thread to begin with. I find that when someone upsets me, it's best to just abandon the thread. Sometimes I'll even leave the forum for a while just to get back my own sense of calm and balance. Yes it's upsetting when someone violates your mental, physical or cyber space - but is it better to stay and fight, or just leave? Afterall - you can't fight with someone who won't fight back. Just my 2 cents.

V.

Taomeow,

I understand your being upset - especially if I was your thread to begin with. I find that when someone upsets me, it's best to just abandon the thread. Sometimes I'll even leave the forum for a while just to get back my own sense of calm and balance. Yes it's upsetting when someone violates your mental, physical or cyber space - but is it better to stay and fight, or just leave? Afterall - you can't fight with someone who won't fight back. Just my 2 cents.

V.

VeeCee, lots of value in that 2 cents. I must be missing something - the only thread I could find that was Taomeow's thread to begin with was this one:

but I only went back 5 pages on the discussion topic list - so maybe this is all about something before I joined? No matter (to me) and it's time for me to move on to other TTB topics, so thanks Ian for starting such an annoyingly interesting thread. ^_^

What we see happening in Tao Bums is very interesting and really quite exciting on several levels.

All of us here are part of the entity of "Tao Bums". As such we are little gods of the overall god of Tao Bums, the exact same as all the numerous internal spirits and little gods that make up each of us individually.

Success on an individual level comes about through self-regulation; bringing all the dissparate, and sometimes warring, internal spirits and elements back into natural order so harmony can be expressed.

The same process is in evolution here in Tao Bums.

"Each forum has it's own character. There are plenty of forums where there are big crowds of over eager youngsters who don't like to hear the voice of experience and it is guaranteed that some will attack it every time. It's sad, but I don't think anything can be done about it."

My god, you are a stuffed shirt. I'm 50 and I think you are a bullying puss.

"Each forum has it's own character. There are plenty of forums where there are big crowds of over eager youngsters who don't like to hear the voice of experience and it is guaranteed that some will attack it every time. It's sad, but I don't think anything can be done about it."

My god, you are a stuffed shirt. I'm 50 and I think you are a bullying puss.

Buddy,

If you're going to quote someone could you leave in the name/date from the original post? It just makes it easier to follow the thread. Thx.

V.

I've read this thread a number of times and must admit I'm missing the point. Who's walking into your thread?

I thought this was Ian's thread. What mess?

I apologize for my uninfomed questions, but I would like to understand what's going on in this thread and there seems to be some kind of subtext.

Thanks.

AugustLeo :)

AugustLeo, hi - well, you could follow your signature and just let go, let go, let go...

If not, from what I can tell it all started here: http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=4596&st=0 at the bottom of page 1, when Taomeow began ripping up BrianLKennedy for saying things about EvaWong. Then Procurator jumped on Taomeow, then all hell broke loose and it rolled around in three? maybe four? threads. Then, the next day, Starjumper7 (his own battle winding down) took up the Taomeow banner and charged. Some of this is all kind of disjointed though because there's been a lot of editing by a few of the people - and Starjumper7's continued revival of anti-Max blah blah blah keeps it stirred up into something even bigger than it was (wasn't). But opinions vary even on that. Maybe. And then Ian started this thread. There. Now you are all caught up.

You sure you dont want to just let go, let go, let go ? ^_^

I miss Father Paul at times like this. He could quip us into a wonderment of what the...s?

scattering the foibles of our egos and still make a ripple of giggles roll through cyberspace, because we are just as dumb-ass foolish so much of the time ...then if we weren't seekers of greater wisdon, esoteric knowledge and super-duper powers B) ... as the case may be.

But we can get it right, making it easier to find the heart of each other and the god-head within us that is shared...

Namaste-in a word...

Remembering Papa Paul helps me to be a little bit cooler of head and kinder of word...

So much for preferring healing. <_<

Maybe there are different types of healing that need to be looked at and a value judgment made. By healing do you prefer social harmony above truth or exposing the virus above social harmony? When faced with this, a forum which is becoming a kunlun forum, it's an uphill battle and politeness is too easily ignored by the overzealous. The in your face tactic can be the way to go and is sometimes preferred by Taoist wizards and Zen masters alike. :) .... and, it's my nature.

SJ-

I'm not sure that my 2 cents will find a bankable situation in yr mind-set, but i offer a slight critique that is meant to help you see yrself as others ( well -just me actually B) ...) - may see you... You pontificate and make assumptions that you can teach us something. There is no lack of hubris, only a lack of self-awareness in how you come across.

I just ask that you tone it down and try to take stock of the situation rather than assume that you know anything whatsoever... start blank... as if fresh from emptyness meditation. In other words heal thyself, before throwing around whatever it is that you throw...

I care very little for others' opinions in general ... until I hear/see/feel some true merit in them to follow what they say. There is just too much BS in our world to spend any time with fools... I trust that it is not a permenent condition.

I wish you well and do not preclude a friendship or real sharing in the future.

For now I shall forebare and hope that healing can take place for us all...

Thanks Wayfarer, I read your earlier post where you say you are new to foruming. The forum element is very yang as it is missing all the visual cues that keep people away from each other's throats.

I agree 100% with how you see me as being accurate and I know many others see the same and I don't lack awareness of how I come across here. Keep in mind some others here are seeing the other side of the coin.

Maybe I have hubris, if you want to call it that, I don't know. Did Lao Tzu also have hubris? He said he was surrounded by idiots, I don't know, is that hubris or is that telling it like it is? I don't care. Sometimes animosity can be a tool to get others to play their hand. I have experience and I can read people pretty well I think. My students are university professors, university department heads, business owners, and research scientists. I have little patience for fools, sorry, that's just me.

I can tell Wayfarer, that you aren't a fool, I appreciate your advice and caring and I know we can be friends. Pretty soon I will be done with my kunlun presentation.

I think the difficulties started on this forum before I arrived and they started due to it becoming a kunlun forum. Basically it is turning into an inexperienced vs. experienced situation. I know there are many deaf ears to it and I will lose the battle, so hopefully I can at least piss some of them off :)

Edited by Starjumper7

Maybe there are different types of healing that need to be looked at and a value judgment made. By healing do you prefer social harmony above truth or exposing the virus above social harmony? When faced with this, a forum which is becoming a kunlun forum, it's an uphill battle and politeness is too easily ignored by the overzealous. The in your face tactic can be the way to go and is sometimes preferred by Taoist wizards and Zen masters alike. :) .... and, it's my nature.

To affect the cleansing you are speaking about requires you to first be clean. All I see so far is you wanting to exchange their crap for your crap. The result of crap-trading is that eventually the truth bubbles up, things become rather clear, and everyone's game of Let's Pretend shrivels in the light. Have you calculated the costs to the people here - that your pretend-battles are extracting? Likely not, and likely you can't see the cost to yourself. Talk to Taomeow about the costs of this. I think she has a pretty good handle on the price of admission.

To affect the cleansing you are speaking about requires you to first be clean.

Well Lao Tzu said the sage appears to be 'muddy', and yet the sage has clarity. It could be something to do with the eye of the perceiver, don't you think? ;) It all depends on what you mean by clean. I think we have different meanings.

All I see so far is you wanting to exchange their crap for your crap. The result of crap-trading is that eventually the truth bubbles up, things become rather clear, and everyone's game of Let's Pretend shrivels in the light. Have you calculated the costs to the people here - that your pretend-battles are extracting? Likely not, and likely you can't see the cost to yourself. Talk to Taomeow about the costs of this. I think she has a pretty good handle on the price of admission.

I see costs and benefits on both sides. Burdens and benefits. Have you heard of the eternal burden?

Edited by Starjumper7

Well Lao Tzu said the sage appears to be 'muddy', and yet the sage has clarity.

Not every muddy man is a sage, and not every clean man pretends to be one. Clarity includes not only seeing but understanding the reflection of ourself in all things and the results of our interactions and choices. If you choose something, fine, but understand exactly what your choice means.

Here's something we all might want to remember:

'When you percieve that an act done to another is done to yourself, you have understood the great truth'

'In our interactions with others, gentleness, kindness, repect are the source of harmony'

'Our words should be carefully chosen for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.'

Here's something we all might want to remember:

'When you percieve that an act done to another is done to yourself, you have understood the great truth'

'In our interactions with others, gentleness, kindness, repect are the source of harmony'

'Our words should be carefully chosen for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.'

Thanks Mat! I think that keeping the "golden rule" in mind helps reduce a lot of friction in communication.

V.

my granpa once told me that if you are to criticize a man; first walk a mile in his shoes....

then, you are a mile away, and you have his shoes... :P

Edited by Wayfarer64