ralis

Cannabis Legalization Movement

2 minutes ago, zerostao said:

you are correct, I read where in California there were toxic sites left by growers in the national forest. when I say naturally grown, I refer to sunshine, rainwater, the soil that is already there with some old school farming techniques. obviously the plants need nutrients to thrive, but the are certainly less impactful, less harmful options. of course this is the minority. when I buy moonshine I have to know and trust the maker, better still make your own, that way you know what's in it and what is not in it. 

too many are greedy and look to maximize their grow by whatever means necessary. 

concerning the wax, a common method to produce it uses butane, I do not want to consume butane residue. there is a heat and pressure method that I prefer over the butane. CO2 is another way to extract, as are other solvents. but heat and pressure works just fine. 

Walmart is now carrying a hash press. :lol:  If I remember correctly High Times did a review of it. 

• Like 1

When I had a big ass greenhouse I loved going in early in the day and I mean early midnight or one am so was amongst the plants at peak oxygen. What a delight :wub: that clean pure air was.

As a kid I recall seeing the skull and crossbones, the highest level of danger, on a bottle of Nicotine Sulfate a natural pesticide.

I was an early adopter of organic safe for producer and consumer practices...

2 minutes ago, ralis said:

Walmart is now carrying a hash press. :lol:  If I remember correctly High Times did a review of it. 

1 minute ago, zerostao said:

if Walmart can make money off of it you can bet it will be legal soon :lol:

That's both hilarious :D and scary at the same time!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, cold said:

Yes, breeding for disease resistance and filial vigor is important!

Relying on heirlooms is hit and miss in the fruit and vegetable world, rarely if ever does the yields of heirlooms equal newer hybrids, based in part on the heirlooms heritage. The insects and funguses evolve and adopt to take advantage.

When in doubt bet on the bug, cock roaches and some of their ilk precede mankind. And likely as not will survive our demise as a species on Mother Earth.

When I have the info on biological pest control I will post it. I do know for a fact that the EU has given the green light for biological pest control on food crops. Vaping cannabis flowers that have been treated with biologicals gives me pause.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cold said:

Is herb legal where you reside?

NOOO  way !    On news last night , a story about a guy with smashed back , showed his insane collection of prescribed painkillers. His doctor wanted to write a script for 'medical marijuana' which we are supposed to be able to have 'under special circumstances' , nope. All sorts of hold ups , been 18 months or so.   More on how people in medical need with doctors support have not been able to get it, so have gone black market .  There is a slick lobbying group at work but they work through a political party ; their rep said that all professionals agree we need it ( medical usage )  but it is rally a political battle, which is why they are tacking a political tac on it 

( that pic was off the internet btw  :)     ....  )  

In the past there was a story on news about woman's  son who had severe epileptic seizures, normal meds were not helping.  Doc wanted medical cannabis . Nope .  So she went black market, they gave some to son and amazing results . Mum overjoyed, said maybe now her son will not die from a seizure ( they were getting that bad )  , they showed how much better he was and doc agreed , all on tv. They pleaded for change .

Result ?   A few nights later on news shows a drug bust on the womans house  ... not a couple of police going around and saying , that was actually illegally, here is a court appearance note. Nope, a full scale SWAT style operation as if armed terrorists were in the farm house !  Insane   ( or 'political ' ) 

Yet , Guy I know virtually got off for  large amounts of plants ; he explained to judge what they were for, Showed medical proof of pain. She questioned why so many plants ? he responded, many will be males, I destroy them, some may get damaged, I calculate what I need to end up with and harvests them. My own usage, no one else has access to it ... etc etc .

She goes ;  good answers and gives minimal fine  ( and cops are pissed ! )

years ago, big chopper raids here, many people in court , the judge let them all off with 'good behaviour  bonds' and community service work orders.  Thats how the local environment centre got built  :)    (I know why he did  that, but I  won't say it publicly  ;) )

So, its up to the judge really . 

Oh yeah , another case ;  in some situations it might seem legal here, bu  not be . eg . the tourist  bus run from Byron Bay (huge popular tourist place )  to  Nimbin  ( hippy dope town that gets some tourism from its 'flavour' )

f4c295b8151f40f5e222900dce0865b3.jpg

:D

S o   bunches of tourists catch bus, score at Nimbin, ride back and play stoned at Byron Bay . But occasionally the cops wait for the bus, pull t over and search and charge people .   Tourists are ;  WTF ... they even have a tourist bus for it and its not legal ?

Of course, the bus company says its all about 'seeing the sights' , they cant control what people do off the bus .   Weird ! 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

The biologicals are the following; Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, Bacillus subtillis. I had one term of microbiology for my degree, but that was back in the early 80's and I am not well versed on the efficacy of remediation regarding fungal problems in crop production. Although as I mentioned before the EU has approved both for food production.

https://microbewiki.kenyon.edu/index.php/Bacillus_amyloliquefaciens

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacillus_subtilis

• Like 1

As of now there is nothing happening in Nipton and I am thinking of changing the heading of this thread.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nungali said:

NOOO  way !    On news last night , a story about a guy with smashed back , showed his insane collection of prescribed painkillers. His doctor wanted to write a script for 'medical marijuana' which we are supposed to be able to have 'under special circumstances' , nope. All sorts of hold ups , been 18 months or so.   More on how people in medical need with doctors support have not been able to get it, so have gone black market .  There is a slick lobbying group at work but they work through a political party ; their rep said that all professionals agree we need it ( medical usage )  but it is rally a political battle, which is why they are tacking a political tac on it 

( that pic was off the internet btw  :)     ....  )  

In the past there was a story on news about woman's  son who had severe epileptic seizures, normal meds were not helping.  Doc wanted medical cannabis . Nope .  So she went black market, they gave some to son and amazing results . Mum overjoyed, said maybe now her son will not die from a seizure ( they were getting that bad )  , they showed how much better he was and doc agreed , all on tv. They pleaded for change .

Result ?   A few nights later on news shows a drug bust on the womans house  ... not a couple of police going around and saying , that was actually illegally, here is a court appearance note. Nope, a full scale SWAT style operation as if armed terrorists were in the farm house !  Insane   ( or 'political ' ) 

Yet , Guy I know virtually got off for  large amounts of plants ; he explained to judge what they were for, Showed medical proof of pain. She questioned why so many plants ? he responded, many will be males, I destroy them, some may get damaged, I calculate what I need to end up with and harvests them. My own usage, no one else has access to it ... etc etc .

She goes ;  good answers and gives minimal fine  ( and cops are pissed ! )

years ago, big chopper raids here, many people in court , the judge let them all off with 'good behaviour  bonds' and community service work orders.  Thats how the local environment centre got built  :)    (I know why he did  that, but I  won't say it publicly  ;) )

So, its up to the judge really . 

Oh yeah , another case ;  in some situations it might seem legal here, bu  not be . eg . the tourist  bus run from Byron Bay (huge popular tourist place )  to  Nimbin  ( hippy dope town that gets some tourism from its 'flavour' )

f4c295b8151f40f5e222900dce0865b3.jpg

:D

S o   bunches of tourists catch bus, score at Nimbin, ride back and play stoned at Byron Bay . But occasionally the cops wait for the bus, pull t over and search and charge people .   Tourists are ;  WTF ... they even have a tourist bus for it and its not legal ?

Of course, the bus company says its all about 'seeing the sights' , they cant control what people do off the bus .   Weird ! 

The legal cannabis train is rolling and there is no stopping it in most places on planet earth.

1 hour ago, zerostao said:

you're gonna nip it in the bud on Nipton?

that rosin press, reading that page was hilarious and interesting. if it has a warranty I'd get one,

you know to straighten out my curly locks. 

https://www.hrdive.com/news/maine-becomes-first-state-to-protect-marijuana-use-outside-of-work/516084/

Nipton is really small, but worth the drive going through the Mojave. Let me know if you buy that rosin press.

Nipton_Road_NE_at_RR,_Nipton,_California

• Like 1

I'm still wondering if anything happened to a friend of a friend who had some bad things happen and his grow was discovered.  The ironic thing is my TOWN actually has a law against growing, but yet I dont think the dude went to jail or anything.  But if you sell to shady mofos too much, and they come and break into your house and hold you at gunpoint...well, they were just idiot youngens I think because they went from holding someone at gunpoint and talking about tying him up, to both having been punched a time or two and buddy got shot in the arm.  Kids freaked out a bit and took off, not even having taken anything.  Buddy called the police because hey, got a gunshot wound and they're going to ask about it when he gets to the emergency rm.  POpo came and discovered everything, but the interesting thing is, the guy was so straightforward about it that I think all that wound up happening was they confiscated his grow (I'm pretty sure that was done, I mean...well...I'm not even 100% sure about that...he just explained how his back was really really messed up and he cant do the painkillers and he told them he didnt sell it....but how that sounded convincing with the number of plants that were there....well, numbers are funny because if you dont clone well then you lose a lot and thus strength must come from numbers...but I think there were like a dozen flowering, lol)  I dont know if he even got arrested for it.  He didnt do any time, hasnt done any time.  But his back's ten times as messed up as mine, and he still does extreme sports too so imho that's kinda asking for it, but....anwyas.....strange story....

• Like 1

A couple of updates regarding Jefferson Beauregard Sessions antiquated war on drugs. Both of the stories below are important, and the lawsuit will have ramifications regarding legalization.

https://www.thecannabist.co/2018/02/13/marijuana-jeff-sessions-gardner/98850/

https://hightimes.com/news/lawsuit-jeff-sessions-court-tomorrow/

The most prominent plaintiff in this lawsuit against Jeff Sessions is Alexis Bortell. At twelve years old, she uses medical cannabis to control and quell her debilitating epilepsy.

In order to secure this life-saving treatment, she and her parents were forced to relocate from their native Texas to Colorado. The medical marijuana that Bortell uses every day is perfectly legal in Colorado. But because of the federal prohibition, she can’t travel with her medicine.

This means that she cannot leave the state. So what’s a young person to do when she is essentially trapped because of federal marijuana prohibition? Sue the federal government. Specifically Jeff Sessions.

• Like 2

This is why the Commerce Clause and the General Welfare clause can not be used so arbitrarily and capriciously...otherwise the constitution never would have been abused and twisted as it has become, fake bastard document thats in use these days anyway...

Update on the Federal cannabis trial that I posted.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/us-judge-weighs-challenge-federal-marijuana-prohibition/

The judge only enforces the law but does not rule on a constitutional basis? Very puzzling!

How could anyone say that your clients’ lives have not been saved by marijuana?” he asked at one point.

However, the judge said he was not sure whether he had the authority to reschedule the drug. He also dismissed Heller’s argument that the prohibition was motivated by political concerns and racism when it was passed.

The law is the law,” the judge said. “I’m sworn to enforce the law.

55 minutes ago, ralis said:

Update on the Federal cannabis trial that I posted.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/us-judge-weighs-challenge-federal-marijuana-prohibition/

The judge only enforces the law but does not rule on a constitutional basis? Very puzzling!

Well, if the law's the law, then centainly mister judge can point to his enumerated federal authority by which the regulation was imposed....

oops, cant do that, doesnt exist!

• Like 1

but you wouldnt thank me for saying the same of social security, although exactly the same applies ;)

I'm using this thread as a general mj-hemp-politics thread, which I think it's become ...

re: the below...

WHAAAAAA????  :o

If this is true, Woody Harrelson is doing victory-back-flips all day long, lol.  :D

McConnell bill would legalize hemp as agricultural product

from article in The Hill today ...

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) announced a new bill on Monday that would legalize hemp as an agricultural product.

The Hemp Farming Act of 2018 would legalize hemp, removing it from the federal list of controlled substances and allowing it to be sold as an agricultural commodity, according to WKYT.

"Hemp has played a foundational role in Kentucky's agriculture heritage, and I believe that it can be an important part of our future," McConnell said in a statement.

72533163.jpg

Edited by Trunk
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2018 at 4:23 PM, ralis said:

States are laboratories of democracy, thus states rights. Although, states rights are fine with right wing republicans as long as it suits their fear, paranoia and control freak instabilities.

If you don't like cannabis, then don't eat, vape or smoke it. Many use the flower for medicine in which there is mounting research as well as anecdotal evidence as to the efficacy of the compounds in the flower.

What I find ludicrous is that one can have a legal dose of opiates, overdose/die, drink and kill others in a car crash and smoke cigarettes and die. All perfectly legal and yet smoke a joint and go to jail. Refer madness was started by one man and weak minded fools still believe him almost 100 years later.

Its not about anything you noted, you talk of democracy and yet don't seem to understand that the "The Supremacy Clause is a clause within Article VI of the U.S. Constitution which dictates that federal law is the "supreme law of the land."

If you or others want to change it, understand the what, how to change the law.  Its not a matter of liking or not, it is a matter of rule of law.  

"All perfectly legal and yet smoke a joint and go to jail."    It called rule of law,,,I'm sure if you google it you'll understand the basic premise of it. 

The supremacy clause as some may argue is not a simplistic manner. There are a number of SCOTUS rulings in this regard including states rights. 

The previous post regarding hemp legalization is a step in the right direction. Hemp fiber, oil, protein, concrete, medicine, building materials to name a few, are important for myriad reasons. 

On 3/26/2018 at 11:37 AM, Trunk said:

re: the below...

WHAAAAAA????  :o

If this is true, Woody Harrelson is doing victory-back-flips all day long, lol.  :D

Same reaction, more news:

https://twitter.com/SpeakerBoehner/status/984022770752290818

John Boehner on twitter:

I’m joining the board of #AcreageHoldings because my thinking on cannabis has evolved. I’m convinced de-scheduling the drug is needed so we can do research, help our veterans, and reverse the opioid epidemic ravaging our communities. @AcreageCannabis

Edited by Trunk
  • Thanks 1

Well, all I can add is ...

its been a wonderful autumn .....  sunny, warm, dry,,  not a caterpillar in sight !   No mould , no rot , no fungus .     ;) 

image.png.42a36d47f63edf882d619a3b7f8568ac.png

:) 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1