ralis

Cannabis Legalization Movement

Sen. Cory Gardner Colorado receives assurances from Trump that states rights will prevail regarding cannabis legalization. Will see how that moves forward. 

https://www.thecannabist.co/2018/04/13/cory-gardner-marijuana-protections-trump/103576/

“I’m confident, after this discussion, that we have the protections that we were looking for,” Gardner said.

https://steemit.com/news/@careywedler/senate-votes-to-legalize-hemp-after-80-years-of-prohibition

Senate Votes to Legalize Hemp After 80 Years of Prohibition

On Thursday, the U.S. Senate approved a bill to legalize hemp, an industrial crop that has been banned for decades.

In April, Senators Mitch McConnell (R-KY), Rand Paul (R-KY), Ron Wyden (D-OR), and Jeff Merkley (D-OR) submitted a separate bill to legalize hemp, and those provisions were then incorporated into the broader farm bill. The Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry approved that version before the upper house of Congress voted to approve it this week by a margin of 86-11. The bill would legalize the cultivation, processing, and sale of hemp.

Some time back, I had some shorts made of hemp, and they were really nice, loved the fabric.  Almost as nice as the unbrushed silk of me taiji pants :lol:

• Like 2

The green is like the best treatment for PTSD, it works so well in fact that if used beforehand you won't get PTSD to start with.

There are studies that agree with what I typed above. There will also be a study or two that strongly disagrees because of Big Pharma Greed.

vet.jpg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, legalize it, tax the sale of it, good for everyone.

idk, good for PTSD, good for glaucoma, good for people in pain, for those who want to mellow out,

but bad for teens and younger who have developing brains, bad for those who get emotionally addicted.  Those who use it as a crutch and demotivator.  For those who don't know when to say when, it can cripple there lives. 

I'm still for legalization but better to keep our eyes wide open to the good and bad, so hopefully we can mitigate some of the worst, through intelligent public education. 

• Like 2

still remains that at the federal level, there is no enumerated right...legalization implies authority to say one way or another, to begin with.  deregulation is the only constitutionally consistent approach ;)

• Like 1

Revisiting this thread which I will give updates regarding the legalization movement here in the U.S. and elsewhere.

Back later on with comments and updates.

I changed the title which was in regards to Nipton California becoming a new resort which features cannabis. 

Edited by ralis
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A major correction is needed in regards as to how Cannabis has been mischaracterized in that Cannabis is not a drug, but is a herbaceous plant. Pharmaceuticals are drugs, not Cannabis. Another big lie propagated by drug warriors!

• Like 3

hear that noise?

automatic expungement in the Illinois law. I mean really, are we as a nation going to allow corporate big pharma profits on the very thing that placed many behind bars?

need a nationwide expungement BEFORE corps take over the bizness.