ralis

Cannabis Legalization Movement

1 hour ago, ralis said:

States are laboratories of democracy, thus states rights. Although, states rights are fine with right wing republicans as long as it suits their fear, paranoia and control freak instabilities.

It has nothing to do with what you've noted. It does have to do with rule of law...Its like sanctuary cites, states.

At one time some states still wanted to practice segregation which was illegal under federal law.. 

I guess you'd be for it it right?  states being laboratories of democracy and all.

What happens which is happening when one administration tacitly ignores the law with out changing it, and another administration decides to enforce the law..

The point being is to change the law....

"Despite federal prohibition, the Obama administration took a relaxed approach to marijuana, generally letting states do as they wish as long as they met certain criteria (such as not letting legal pot fall into kids' hands or cross state lines).

But the Trump administration has taken a tougher line, allowing federal prosecutors to crack down on marijuana even in states where it's legal — which could let federal law enforcement shut down state-legal pot businesses."

"

Since the 1930s, federal law has declared the use, sale or distribution of marijuana illegal. Current federal drug laws are contained in the Controlled Substances Act (CSA). The CSA classifies and regulates illegal drugs, and places listed drugs on a schedule according to their medicinal value and potential for abuse.

Under the CSA, marijuana is a Schedule I controlled substance. This designation is reserved for drugs that have a high potential for abuse, lack any medical value and can’t be safely prescribed. Anyone growing, marketing or distributing marijuana is likely violating multiple federal laws."

Edited by windwalker

11 minutes ago, windwalker said:

It has nothing to do with what you've noted. It does have to do with rule of law...Its like sanctuary cites, states.

At one time some states still wanted to practice segregation which was illegal under federal law.. 

I guess you'd be for it it right?  states being laboratories of democracy and all.

What happens which is happening when one administration tacitly ignores the law with out changing it, and another administration decides to enforce the law..

The point being is to change the law....

"Despite federal prohibition, the Obama administration took a relaxed approach to marijuana, generally letting states do as they wish as long as they met certain criteria (such as not letting legal pot fall into kids' hands or cross state lines).

But the Trump administration has taken a tougher line, allowing federal prosecutors to crack down on marijuana even in states where it's legal — which could let federal law enforcement shut down state-legal pot businesses."

30 states have some level of legalization and there are more coming on board. The movement is way too large to turn it back and given there are a number of legalization bills in the Senate, it is only a matter of time. The majority of Americans are sick of the war on drugs and want this failed war stopped. Actually, it is a war on people and arrests for cannabis are disproportionately on persons of color. 

Why are you so damned uptight? I started this thread and legalistic BS is not welcome!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ralis said:

Why are you so damned uptight? I started this thread and legalistic BS is not welcome!

I do hope you respect other threads as your asking for now. which I will abide by...

Remember stay thirsty my friends 

Edited by windwalker

7 minutes ago, windwalker said:

I do hope you respect other threads as your asking for now. which I will abide by...

Remember stay thirsty my friends 

Forgot to add this regarding states laboratories of democracy. Started with SCOTUS. 

I stopped drinking way back in 1973 a couple of years before I got out of the Air Force. I don’t associate with alcoholics and I loathe that addiction that kills so many every year. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laboratories_of_democracy

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, windwalker said:

This has nothing to do with what YOU noted here bro - there's simply no enumerated right for the fedgov to have a say on something like marijuana.

Period, end of story.

(Because the next volume, is all illegal fedgov action.)

Labs of democracy, lol..../facepalm....

Look, when there's no enumerated right, there's no enumerated right.

Its just a little easier to get people on board with this on weed as opposed to other unconstitutional things, like Social Security, because the junkies are already addicted to that brown.  Just like the security agencies are addicted to all the words that tell them they are above the law and can spy on people and violate any constitutional right so long as we're within 100 miles of the border, etc, etc

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, joeblast said:

This has nothing to do with what YOU noted here bro - there's simply no enumerated right for the fedgov to have a say on something like marijuana.

and then there is this.

"

Under federal law, it is illegal to possess, use, buy, sell, or cultivate marijuana in all United States jurisdictions, since the Controlled Substances Act of 1970 classifies marijuana as a Schedule I drug, claiming it has a high potential for abuse and has no acceptable medical use.

Despite this federal prohibition, some state and local governments have established laws attempting to decriminalize cannabis, which has reduced the number of "simple possession" offenders sent to jail, since federal enforcement agents rarely target individuals directly for such relatively minor offenses.

Other state and local governments ask law enforcement agencies to limit enforcement of drug laws with respect to cannabis.

However, under the Supremacy Clause of the United States Constitution, federal law preempts conflicting state and local laws. In most cases, the absence of a state law does not present a preemption conflict with a federal law.

The federal government has criminalized marijuana under the Interstate Commerce Clause, and the application of these laws to intrastate commerce were addressed squarely by the United States Supreme Court in Gonzales v. Raich, 352 F. 3d 1222 in 2005."

Change the law if one does not like it, within the process.

If anyone feels the states are acting in their best interest,  don't know what to say...for them its just another revenue stream.

Just as with the illegal aliens,  DACA and all the rest,  votes to stay in power or money to keep the power......There's a process that things can be and should be changed by...

Thank you mr Obama,  as in the Trump thread is responsible for a lot of things going on now...Hard to say if the US can recover...maybe, maybe not.

note to rails: this is response to something directed towards me....If its not directed towards me I wont post on this thread.

Edited by windwalker

Marbury vs Madison - if it is odious to the constitution, it is automatically null and void.  This case law establishes that there can be no legality to a bill if it happens to be odious to the constitution.  This goes for arbitrary declarations of "regulation" also.  (Yes, you read that correctly, the Controlled Substances Act is unconstitutional.)

But unfortunately, the trustees who own the receiverships of our bankruptcies do not recognize case law before 1900 or so, because its simply too inconvenient for them and if they accepted that in their "courts of law" then the ruse could not continue and the fake State In Name Only would not be able to continue functioning, you'd see springs flying out of the woodwork!

Change the law my rear - follow the goddamned piece of paper and you dont wind up with UNLAWFUL LAWS!

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 2

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/rand-paul-pushes-marijuana-amendments-funding-bill/

This is how we roll in Kentucky: you want to reopen the govt? first, leave the weed smokers and growers alone

and second, let the weed bizness folks use banks like everyone else.

Tell ol' Beauregard to put that in his pipe and smoke it.

They call Kentucky the Blue Grass state for a reason B)

4 minutes ago, zerostao said:

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/rand-paul-pushes-marijuana-amendments-funding-bill/

This is how we roll in Kentucky: you want to reopen the govt? first, leave the weed smokers and growers alone

and second, let the weed bizness folks use banks like everyone else.

Tell ol' Beauregard to put that in his pipe and smoke it.

They call Kentucky the Blue Grass state for a reason B)

I think this year will be more legalization. New Mexico will legalize in the next year after the present governors term is up this year. Although, medical cannabis has been state law for years and obtaining a medical cannabis card is extremely easy.

• Like 1

Too bad that pretty much all State laws concerning this are in response to initially dubious federal "laws"/regulations, because legalization implies that there is authority to even give a thumbs up or down to begin with.  The only sensible federal approach is that of deregulation, which is the true way for fedgov to say "whoops, no authority, we'll rescind that."  Once that's done, then the states can examine where their legislation came from, and voters can reverse a government power-grab.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zerostao said:

It remains to be seen if a GOP controlled Statehouse and Governor will approve medical or recreational MJ in my home state. But there is legislation pending. Serving the will of the pharma lobbyists over the will of the people is the usual course of government here. Still, our laws are not that bad for an illegal state. For example, a half a pound of wax is considered a misdemeanor with a 500$ fine penalty. I have considered moving to friendlier areas like Colorado, California, Oregon. I am still working on this cottage and could put it on the market. However, I am surrounded by forest upon forest of raw natural lands and can look off the ridge top for miles and miles without seeing anyone. Here the attitude is don't ask, don't tell. The mega drought that California just got over and then those fires makes me glad I have stayed where I am for now.

That is a tiny penalty for 8 oz of wax. :lol:

The scariest part of illegal drugs, besides the violence associated with their production and or sale of course is the lack of standards for both production and for potency.

• Like 1

It is true the more laws the more criminals.

Trust has to be mutual between the producer and the consumer and easier on a small local level.

"The down side of legalizing weed imo is that pesticides are allowed."

And their not allowed in illegal production? I read horror stories of illegal pesticides and spills of nutrients in illegal production of weed on public lands out west ...

Naturally grown has no true meaning, for example an artificially inseminated pig, fed synthetic food, will grow naturally.

And sadly without national standards the word label organic has no real meaning.

Finding the balance of protecting the public with as little regulation as possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cold said:

It is true the more laws the more criminals.

Trust has to be mutual between the producer and the consumer and easier on a small local level.

"The down side of legalizing weed imo is that pesticides are allowed."

And their not allowed in illegal production? I read horror stories of illegal pesticides and spills of nutrients in illegal production of weed on public lands out west ...

Naturally grown has no true meaning, for example an artificially inseminated pig, fed synthetic food, will grow naturally.

And sadly without national standards the word label organic has no real meaning.

Finding the balance of protecting the public with as little regulation as possible.

As far as I know is that most of the states where recreational or medical is legal, there is some form of lab testing required. California's testing will by on line in about 6 months and in the mean time, caveat emptor. California has the strictest standards for organic.

4 minutes ago, ralis said:

As far as I know is that most of the states where recreational or medical is legal, there is some form of lab testing required. California's testing will by on line in about 6 months and in the mean time, caveat emptor. California has the strictest standards for organic.

Yes the testing both for purity potency and in acceptable levels of toxins is what I would desire and expect.

California's standards go beyond the National Organic Program?  Just the state as a certifying agency?

Because I think several large certifying agents serve other states as well.

Most certifying agencies rely on the standards set by the NOP. And individual states can restrict inputs beyond the list allowed by the feds Maryland does and I suspect others would too, but only for food produced in their state. For example Maryland prohibits use of sulfuric acid to lower soil ph, fearing Al toxicity. But I don't know how they can prevent blueberries from a state which allows that input in organic production from selling those berries as organic in California.

Wait I kind of think I answered my own ? this is or should be down the rabbit hole.

FWIW I don't think the national standards recognize organic mary jane as either a medicine or a food additive :ph34r:

I'm not sure of American spirits cigs they state organic tobacco is in their products.

One can get organic booze.

• Like 1

and bio-dynamic wine    :) 

hippie4.jpg

and , of course  bio dynamic ....

When-And-How-To-Harvest-Outdoor-Marijuan

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cold said:

Yes the testing both for purity potency and in acceptable levels of toxins is what I would desire and expect.

California's standards go beyond the National Organic Program?  Just the state as a certifying agency?

Because I think several large certifying agents serve other states as well.

Most certifying agencies rely on the standards set by the NOP. And individual states can restrict inputs beyond the list allowed by the feds Maryland does and I suspect others would too, but only for food produced in their state. For example Maryland prohibits use of sulfuric acid to lower soil ph, fearing Al toxicity. But I don't know how they can prevent blueberries from a state which allows that input in organic production from selling those berries as organic in California.

Wait I kind of think I answered my own ? this is or should be down the rabbit hole.

FWIW I don't think the national standards recognize organic mary jane as either a medicine or a food additive :ph34r:

I'm not sure of American spirits cigs they state organic tobacco is in their products.

One can get organic booze.

With all the cannabis hybrids, fungal problems are a major concern. Every grower is obsessed with future parents and are naive as to the consequences of breeding farther away from parent plants. Parents being landrace cultivars. 

I recently found that certain microbes are being used as fungicides.  

Will write more later.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nungali said:

and bio-dynamic wine    :) 

hippie4.jpg

and , of course  bio dynamic ....

When-And-How-To-Harvest-Outdoor-Marijuan

Is herb legal where you reside?

• Like 1

Yes, breeding for disease resistance and filial vigor is important!

Relying on heirlooms is hit and miss in the fruit and vegetable world, rarely if ever does the yields of heirlooms equal newer hybrids, based in part on the heirlooms heritage. The insects and funguses evolve and adopt to take advantage.

When in doubt bet on the bug, cock roaches and some of their ilk precede mankind. And likely as not will survive our demise as a species on Mother Earth.

• Like 2