qicat

That thing about patience ... again...

58 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, regarding the problem solving technique the first step is to identify the problem.  But even prior to that we should ask, "Is there really a problem?"  This can be a challenge because we are trying to view the objective subjectively.

Its even more of a challenge if there isnt interest in the responses , I dont want a cookie right now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stosh said:

Its even more of a challenge if there isnt interest in the responses , I dont want a cookie right now. 

Well, don't be expecting an offer of a cookie from me.  I am known as the Cookie Monster around here.  Mine!  All Mine!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stosh said:

I wanted to know why she thought she should consider herself impatient ( as in , having some negative value) 

I did not think. I mean, I know I get impatient sometime, but not like omg I need to train patience ASAP.

Here is some back story.

Last week I was working with Sifu and I think ( do I?) he is still kind of puzzled by what to do with me. I.e. I am not exactly there for martial arts or to be a priest. Maybe some healing for "friends and family", but that's as much as I look into it. He thinks I should be a teacher. I am not convinced as "What am I going to teach? I am like the least qualified to teach anything. Plus, I don't even look good in yoga pants. Not white, not blond, not tall. What kind of teacher would I make and why?" 

I told him I hate to stay in traffic ( mind, Silicon Valley traffic, not just "your average 5 pm in Somewhere, USA traffic". I told him I bought a pressure cooker so I can cook food faster. So he told me..."Well... perhaps... that's what you need to learn right now... patience...And later things will be revealed to you." As a good student, here I am... asking how to learn it? ( send pressure cooker back? ride a bus? sign up for an online "spiritual/yoga/bagua/qigong/ancient stuff you better not touch teacher training in 1 day" seminar? 

Clueless kitty

p.s. have a cookie.

image.php?di=NFFK

• Like 5

About 4 years ago I went to a psychic. I was having serious issues with one person. ( not friends or family, btw, but really WEIRD situation where I was betrayed and I was like "is this all real?") Anyways, I went to her, she was recommended to me by someone and she is somewhat famous and has a good selling book on amazon about yoga/goddess/etc; she is "enlightened" but covers it up. The guy who recommended me to her is a famous west coast shrink to celebrities in LA; he told me if anybody can clear light on the situation it would be her.  

So she was doing reading to me, etc, etc. And she was looking into past lives and said "This is a karmic connection and he betrayed you before because you let him. And wait... he was your student in India before and he betrayed you". Back then I did not think much about it, Yeah, past lives, what can you really get out of it ( besides energy releases, but this is a little bit off topic).

Anyways, I totally forgot about it and past week I have been thinking about what Sifu said about teaching and I was like "but I have NEVER BEEN a teacher or WANTED to be" and of course my memory brought this weird memory back about me being some old dude pandit in India and being betrayed again and again by this guy over lifetimes. 

So... how many more of my past live students will show up in this life time and screw me up again and again? And I am not even a teacher, lolz. Patience will tell...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, qicat said:

About 4 years ago I went to a psychic. I was having serious issues with one person. ( not friends or family, btw, but really WEIRD situation where I was betrayed and I was like "is this all real?") Anyways, I went to her, she was recommended to me by someone and she is somewhat famous and has a good selling book on amazon about yoga/goddess/etc; she is "enlightened" but covers it up. The guy who recommended me to her is a famous west coast shrink to celebrities in LA; he told me if anybody can clear light on the situation it would be her.  

So she was doing reading to me, etc, etc. And she was looking into past lives and said "This is a karmic connection and he betrayed you before because you let him. And wait... he was your student in India before and he betrayed you". Back then I did not think much about it, Yeah, past lives, what can you really get out of it ( besides energy releases, but this is a little bit off topic).

Anyways, I totally forgot about it and past week I have been thinking about what Sifu said about teaching and I was like "but I have NEVER BEEN a teacher or WANTED to be" and of course my memory brought this weird memory back about me being some old dude pandit in India and being betrayed again and again by this guy over lifetimes. 

So... how many more of my past live students will show up in this life time and screw me up again and again? And I am not even a teacher, lolz. Patience will tell...

^^^How many will it take?

;)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, qicat said:

I did not think. I mean, I know I get impatient sometime, but not like omg I need to train patience ASAP.

Here is some back story.

Last week I was working with Sifu and I think ( do I?) he is still kind of puzzled by what to do with me. I.e. I am not exactly there for martial arts or to be a priest. Maybe some healing for "friends and family", but that's as much as I look into it. He thinks I should be a teacher. I am not convinced as "What am I going to teach? I am like the least qualified to teach anything. Plus, I don't even look good in yoga pants. Not white, not blond, not tall. What kind of teacher would I make and why?" 

I told him I hate to stay in traffic ( mind, Silicon Valley traffic, not just "your average 5 pm in Somewhere, USA traffic". I told him I bought a pressure cooker so I can cook food faster. So he told me..."Well... perhaps... that's what you need to learn right now... patience...And later things will be revealed to you." As a good student, here I am... asking how to learn it? ( send pressure cooker back? ride a bus? sign up for an online "spiritual/yoga/bagua/qigong/ancient stuff you better not touch teacher training in 1 day" seminar? 

Clueless kitty

p.s. have a cookie.

image.php?di=NFFK

Perhaps you already are a teacher, hmmm?

I don't think one can be taught patience but one can learn it by observing its opposite.  That said, we each seem to enter life with natural capacities for many different things.  Much of that capacity is latent and unrecognized until uncovered and limbered up a bit.  With appropriate use, we can begin to cultivate our natural talents and slowly start to approach those capacities.

Patience is a natural talent.

• Like 2

Hey Qi at, I was a massage therapist and then some for 26 years when I was introduced to a Grand Master Kung fu qigong. Real deal, but I wasn't looking. Only he was and he saw something in me. Long story short: after 5 years apprenticeship he made a chief instructor out of me and then some. I love teaching and am continually praised for being a very good one. 

Sometimes you have to let the master bring out a potential that he sees and maybe you don't recognise YET! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Brian said:

^^^How many will it take?

;)

r u one of them???? :O:O:O

4e241-fighting_cat-scaled1000.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, QiBody said:

Hey Qi at, I was a massage therapist and then some for 26 years when I was introduced to a Grand Master Kung fu qigong. Real deal, but I wasn't looking. Only he was and he saw something in me. Long story short: after 5 years apprenticeship he made a chief instructor out of me and then some. I love teaching and am continually praised for being a very good one. 

Sometimes you have to let the master bring out a potential that he sees and maybe you don't recognise YET! 

thanks for sharing!

I will be patiently wait how my life unfolds. But I doubt I will be a kunfgu teacher. Shaolin stuff is not my cup of tea. I am more into sleeping yoga:) 

sleeping+kitten.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, qicat said:

r u one of them???? :O:O:O

4e241-fighting_cat-scaled1000.jpg

Not to my knowledge...

;)

• Like 1

Too funny!

I teach the internal cultivation piece, not the external Kung fu Panda stuff. I bet you'd love the sinking into the earth meditations. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, qicat said:

Here is some back story.

Clueless kitty

p.s. have a cookie.

image.php?di=NFFK

That's better , I like your politeness , responding and being clear is most respectful , and I respect it in return.  Unfortunately perhaps that is becoming rare, but it is a good trait for a teacher .

Though ,You shouldn't make much of my opinion on the pressure cooker , it  IS good for making some savory and moist dishes. That it saves time is a bonus, but its also a valid perspective to suggest that spending ones time preparing nice meals , slowing down, and recognizing its just fine not to rush off to the next thing. Not a big deal either way. 

White blond and tall aren't really all that important attributes , its notable that you might think there's truth in it though ,, but yes looking good in yoga pants will lend credibility that you can provide leadership for those who wish to look good in yoga pants., note that your Sifu is a dude and so he isn't even female. 

I do agree it makes sense that if you want to teach something , you would want to have the feeling that you have something valuable to teach , but know that teaching can be a drain on ones energies and be one of those instances where your own positive motivations drive you from a sense of peace. I've done a little and with my intensity being what it is , I tend to get impatient. ( which I have no intent to modify,  because I would have to water down my own enthusiasm to the lowest common denominator to own it.) 

Its a tricky thing when we decide we might need some fixin because who we are , is such a personal business. Liking your trainer , trusting him to teach what he teaches , that is good stuff though. If you end up being an extraordinarily patient and satisfied person , theres nothing wrong with having that in the tool belt , or a pressure cooker. 

I do however think it would be a good thing to ask yourself , just how into this particular thing are you ? do you feel like you're being driven unhappily , driving to hard , or aiming at things you don't give a s about really. You stick with your threads you read the posts , you respond to the participants , and want to hand out cookies. To me this at least is an example of a thing you do well , and like to do, so its a good thing for you to do , for now , till something else draws your attention. 

I hope that all I was saying there doesn't  sound preachy or 'know it all in tone' , I'm hoping its supportive enough, my,  just blabbing out-loud sentiments , on your subject of the day . 

• Like 1

40 seconds but I wanted it now!  Wait for it...... wait for it........ wait for it............. OK now.

Acting too quickly or acting too slow are both errors. So noticing impatiens means knowing the time.

This is the time to dissolve betrayal you have been very patient, reconcile the difference in mind and vanish it all  to dust, the movement is transformation not in past, not in future. The ultimate true teacher is you. Karma can be transformed, no reason to hit the repeat button, awarness will dissolve any doubt.  

I wish I had more to offer but it is hard to compete with Tai Chi Cookies so apparently you set the bar kind of high.

• Like 2

7 years of riding a bicycle through NYC traffic taught me the intrinsic value of timely movement and full patience concurrently and set the stage for the later development, not taking the world peronally.

Then 17 years of LA traffic made impatient desire to get anywhere faster dissolve eventually as survival matter... it was either that or go insane and harm my health with rage.  And one of the pivotal realizations that allowed patience to really manifest and bloom for me was to stop taking the world personally.  Nothing is happening to me, conditions are flowing around and through and with me, not at me.  And I'm just as much a part of it as any other part. 

That, or perhaps it's still another fallout of the sheer spiritual/mental exhaustion brought on by decades of seeking.  More and more I suspect this exhaustion to be the catalyst to much of my current state of awareness and being.

So there's a release and in that, patience just is... it is not sought, or maintained, or propped up and no effort or doing is required.

• Like 7

Thank you Silent Thunder for that story. I still believe that patience requires some effort, reflection and making choices. The peace that you describe as a result of practicing patience, I would call surrender. Yea?

• Like 1

The best way to learn patience is to move to Ecuador for a year or two and get involved in some of their beaurocratic BS,

But it isn't really patience that you need or want so much, it seems, as I feel that when your teacher said patience that he was just saying wait.  Wait and you shall see, haha.  in a way you know more than you think, I think.  Lets look at the evidence.

You appear to have a friendly dragon, and that's something.  You don't make friends with dragons by selling peanuts in past lives.  This dragon is probably your guardian, or one of them, which unlike in the movie "Mulan", for those who haven't seen one yet, are neither small nor commedians.

So your teacher sez he wants you to teach and the past life reader said you used to teach, If not Kung Fu and not a priest then what?  What's left is path of the wizard, the spiritual path, and if you find you are learning some good stuff then the unwritten law sez you must share ... with at least one person.  That's the kind of thing that would entitle you to a dragon guardian.  You only need one student, there's no need to compare yourself to the money grubbers and marketers.  Also, what to teach is easy.  Go to class with your teacher and then show the stuff you practice that day to the student the same week, makes it easier to retain =)

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 3

so correct about the sharing what you learn right away. My sifu called it twice learning. wonderful advice.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, QiBody said:

I would call surrender. Yea?

No, I won't call it surrender.  Awareness maybe.

• Like 3

When we accept all that is without needing to change anything, that is not surrender?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QiBody said:

When we accept all that is without needing to change anything, that is not surrender?

I do not accept all and I think that no one else should either.  There is a lot of dirt in the world.  the dirt needs be put back outside our life.

But yes, to accept all, the good, bad, ugly and beautiful would be surrender.  I have preferences - don't want the bad and the ugly.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, silent thunder said:

So there's a release and in that, patience just is... it is not sought, or maintained, or propped up and no effort or doing is required.

To keep in context with the talk about patience. I believe patience requires an effort of choice in how we will react situation by situation. when we choose not to react against that which we can't change, the peace comes from a surrender (release) of sorts.

I certainly wouldn't you to get tangled up with Clint Eastwood in a bad western without choices.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Starjumper said:

The best way to learn patience is to move to Ecuador for a year or two and get involved in some of their beaurocratic BS,

But it isn't really patience that you need or want so much, it seems, as I feel that when your teacher said patience that he was just saying wait.  Wait and you shall see, haha.  in a way you know more than you think, I think.  Lets look at the evidence.

You appear to have a friendly dragon, and that's something.  You don't make friends with dragons by selling peanuts in past lives.  This dragon is probably your guardian, or one of them, which unlike in the movie "Mulan", for those who haven't seen one yet, are neither small nor commedians.

So your teacher sez he wants you to teach and the past life reader said you used to teach, If not Kung Fu and not a priest then what?  What's left is path of the wizard, the spiritual path, and if you find you are learning some good stuff then the unwritten law sez you must share ... with at least one person.  That's the kind of thing that would entitle you to a dragon guardian.  You only need one student, there's no need to compare yourself to the money grubbers and marketers.  Also, what to teach is easy.  Go to class with your teacher and then show the stuff you practice that day to the student the same week, makes it easier to retain =)

Thank you , "long lost brother":) 

I will be patiently waiting for someone wanting to learn what I know. Which is very little. Perhaps I can teach them to boil eggs and wait for water to boil as was suggested earlier:) 

Meow.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2017 at 7:25 AM, Brian said:

One thing about patience -- you can't rush it.

;)

Word!

I'd only add --

the other thing about patience is that you don't want to /try to/need to BE patient. Just be --- just being and being present is patience. It allows things to happen when they are supposed to happen. We think that patience is an antidote to the feeling that we are losing control. We want something to happen by vacillating between past and future. Instead, If we don't strive to reach some future state, we won't be in a hurry to leave the present moment. Being present is reason enough to remain present. And therefore without a need for patience. 

• Like 6