qicat

That thing about patience ... again...

45 minutes ago, dwai said:

Word!

I'd only add --

the other thing about patience is that you don't want to /try to/need to BE patient. Just be --- just being and being present is patience. It allows things to happen when they are supposed to happen. We think that patience is an antidote to the feeling that we are losing control. We want something to happen by vacillating between past and future. Instead, If we don't strive to reach some future state, we won't be in a hurry to leave the present moment. Being present is reason enough to remain present. And therefore without a need for patience. 

Trying to be patient is like acting sincere.

• Like 3

On 2017-6-9 at 8:13 PM, silent thunder said:

That, or perhaps it's still another fallout of the sheer spiritual/mental exhaustion brought on by decades of seeking.  More and more I suspect this exhaustion to be the catalyst to much of my current state of awareness and being.

I like the idea of exhaustion.  Only by seeking is the tendency to seek exhausted; only through long and painful struggles with impatience can patience emerge.  Impatience is not the opposite of patience but rather it`s precursor.

• Like 3

If you work hard enough and get tired enough you will have all the patience in the world because you won't care about anything except getting some rest.  All hell could break loose and you wouldn't even care.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 5

try to find patience, yep you can't. If you can't find it then you know that you are not lost in thoughts or ideas.

True, patience is a mental concept.  The levels of are also mental concepts.  What is short for you might be long for me.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2017 at 6:02 AM, Marblehead said:

After all is said and done, isn't patience just about ego?

I'll have to ponder that one for awhile.

One thing I heard about patience that struck me as very sensible is the relationship between patience and love.  The idea was that one of the main aspects of love is patience.  If a person act's with impatience then that is not love nor loving.  Love is patience.  Taoism doesn't use the world love though, in Taoism the term is ethics, or virtue, another thing that requires patience.

• Like 1

What is short for you might be long for me.

------------------------------------

hmmm. What is right for you might be wrong for me?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

One thing I heard about patience that struck me as very sensible is the relationship between patience and love.  The idea was that one of the main aspects of love is patience.  If a person act's with impatience then that is not love nor loving.  Love is patience.  Taoism doesn't use the world love though, in Taoism the term is ethics, or virtue, another thing that requires patience.

You did good here.  Love of other - Patience.  Love of self - Impatience with others.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, QiBody said:

And this can be taken to any level of personal preference, capability, or capacity.

Absolutes are difficult to find in nature.

Man believes he has some.  

56 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

You did good here.  Love of other - Patience.  Love of self - Impatience with others.

Yet to be patient with yourself helps you to be patient with others.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, QiBody said:

In a fighting situation, it doesn't matter who is right, but who is left.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Yet to be patient with yourself helps you to be patient with others.

Did you notice I avoided speaking to that in the response you spoke to?

• Like 1

Good Morning.

Can we deduce by directive reasoning that to love oneself leads to patience with self and patience with others.

also: What is right when it's wrong and wrong when it's right?

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, QiBody said:

Can we deduce by directive reasoning that to love oneself leads to patience with self and patience with others.

That rings true to me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, QiBody said:

Good Morning.

also: What is right when it's wrong and wrong when it's right?

deep

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, QiBody said:

answer: a left turn.

Left turns are forbidden by UPS drivers.  Always turn right and just keep going in circles.

• Like 1

seriously? That must explain the rotation of the earth.

BTW how do you do that copy/ paste thing when you want to reference someone else' words?

3 minutes ago, QiBody said:

seriously? That must explain the rotation of the earth.

That might be it but I'm not sure.

3 minutes ago, QiBody said:

BTW how do you do that copy/ paste thing when you want to reference someone else' words?

Hit the "Quote" word at bottom-left of the post screen.  When the entire post is quoted you can cut whatever part of it that you don't need for your response.

2 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

That might be it but I'm not sure.

Hit the "Quote" word at bottom-left of the post screen.  When the entire post is quoted you can cut whatever part of it that you don't need for your response.

VOILA! Thanks.

• Like 1