Cameron

Kunlun Scottsdale Jan 19-20

Okay, I will try to go. Like I said my planner is at home and I am many many miles South of home so I'll have to check my calendar. Sounds fun, though, and Tempe is closer than Phoenix.

Will I get to say hi afterwards and have Max sign my high heels? ;)

Does any one know whether Max will also teach either the 5-elements moving kunlun set or the red phoenix at this workshop (or both)?

Thanks.

AugusLeo

I'll ask him about the moving 5-elements. He hasn't been inspired to share that one yet. It is really great though. One of my favorites.

Red Phoenix for sure.

Hiked about 1/4 the way up Camelback Mountain today in preperation for the Taobums next week.

It's a cool place. Really solid, big energy. Will be fun to hike up after the workshop on saturday.

Probably takes about an hour to get up and down. I noticed how heavy I was breathing after the first minutes going up but felt really good afterwards.

Not sure what the plan is besides that. We can play it by ear.

A friend of mine into Taoism will also be there with his girlfriend :lol:

Ok, here is the tentative plan for this weekend. I will be hanging out with my friend who is into Taoism and his girlfriend and an artist friend of his who is into shamanism and art. If anyone that is coming wants to join us they can.

Friday night-Max talk and then hang out on Mill Ave in Tempe.

Sat-Workshop followed by hike up Camelback Mountain. Flexible about what to do in the evening.

Sun-Workshop followed by drive to Sedona for some hiking and relaxing. If people want was thinking of doing the Pink Jeep tour which is an off road 4x4 Jeep tour around Sedona but that can get a little pricey, like $75 each for a couple hrs. But it's a lot of fun. Otherwise we can just hike on our own.

Open to suggestions if others have anything they want to do or ideas.

I'm down to hang out for a few friday night and go hikin saturday, but I'm meeting with max after the sunday session and my flight home leaves at 12:55am...so it will likely just be back to the hotel for me for some chillin out before I go fly back.

So, by my tally, there were 5-6 taobums in attendance... Look forward to any and all reports!

First off, that area is freakin beautiful. The mountains were awesome, sunsets spectacular!

Flights down there sucked - it snowed up here Thursday night so they had to clean off the plane which took 5 times as long as normal, so I missed my connect in hotlanta, next one was full and the following was at 9pm friday, so they ended up shifting me to another airline, sending me through memphis and then on to phoenix. Got there in plenty of time though, so no biggie. I was tired, though. Got up at 4:25 friday and went to bed at probably midnight....AZ time...up at 7, sleep at 12:30...up at 7, ....then redeye flight home at 12:55am...uuugh...I am so beat right now!!!

As a first experience with the seminar, it was pretty cool. Definitely helped energize my practice more. I wasnt really distracted by other people's reactions much, mostly I just laughed my ass off at them laughing their asses off. I didnt end up fully opening up though, but that is because of all the tightness I've had in my chest for the last bunch of months...its slowly being released, but I could tell that it was hindering me. Max told me saturday that if I can just relax that then I should open up no problem. Saturday was very energetic for me, Sunday much less because I just got to the point where my core was just feeling sore, like....huiyin to heart...and so was the middle of my back, musclewise. Enough so that I just had to stop, but by that time it was pretty close to when practices were winding down.

I can still feel the points on my head & neck where Max touched me. Although, as I've never received any sort of transmission before, I didnt know what to expect and thought that it would be more when there was actual contact...but for me I felt the energy before contact, not so much while there was contact, and then whaboom! after contact was released.

He didnt do the Maoshan 5 elements because he felt the class as a whole wasnt ready for it, though I'd imagine the taobums that were there would have taken to it with ease. He just had us do the i jong standing posture instead. We did Red Phoenix (that was one time I got distracted...diana came to me and suggested I sit back and relax while doing it...I dont recall if she touched me at the same time or if she walked up to me really quietly, but it startled me and it blew my concentration for the rest of the time we were doing the RP practice. As fate would have it, some watch alarm or something went off when we were doing RP on sunday too and that also screwed with me! Usually I am much better about maintaining control of mindfulness, breath, heart rate, etc during distractions, but there...I dont know why but it was much tougher...in our 1 on 1 max seemed to just chalk it up to strange place, unfamiliar people, new sich....) I enjoyed RP though...I think I'll make good progress with it on my own. Golden Flower was cool. Kunlun 1 was the most energetic I've had as far as shaking goes - I already knew the practice so it was easy to relax with it. Max also taught a Yoga dream mudra practice that seems pretty cool, I'll have to try it sometime when I'm not so farkin tired.

Sunday Max did a burning palm demonstration on AugustLeo...and I looked at max when he was done, thinking, I could totally use that done to me...then he turns to me and goes, now I'm going to do a scorpion palm demonstration, so come here, you look strong. I'm not quite sure what the scorpion palm was or what it looked like because I was laying down on the ground...the only part that stung a little much was just above my pelvic bones, sensitive skin there...and next came the...what was it, eagle claw palm? Max ran down points on each side of my back, lifting me 4, 6, 8 inches off the ground with each...claw? It was slightly amusing hearing/feeling just about everyone in the class gasp and cringe thinking they were glad it wasnt them! Call me masochistic, but it felt damn good. Someone upload the pics of my back when he was done!!! :lol: It still looks bad, but it doesnt hurt and I can only feel it when I press hard and run my fingers along my back at those points. Thanks to donna for doing a little aloe vera and energy healing on my back afterwards :D

I can totally understand now why Max says that most people would pass out with a level 3 burning palm B)

Hike up Camelback was awesome saturday, beautiful sunset! It was even better doing some light rock climbing up to a higher vantage point to watch! I was proud kristen overcame her fear of heights and climbed too :) Getting down isnt quite as easy as getting up! :lol:

We all (taobums) sat down with Max & crew for an awesome lunch at benihanas after the seminar on sunday. It was great to get to sit and talk about all kinds of stuff. Much respect to Max, he is very wise, very humble, very open and forthright. I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation...and went on to my 1 on 1 with a niiiiiice biiiig fullllll stomach!!!! :lol:

A few of us drove out to AZ City sunday evening (glad I checked out of my hotel before going to the seminar!) It was SO nice and quiet out there, the mountains were beautiful. I sat and did kunlun whenever it was that we stopped...just felt the energy and had to go with it! Cant wait to see the pics from out there. The rock formations were breathtaking!

I still havent really slept since I woke up yesterday...hour or two on the plane rides back...but good god I am sooo beat right now. I've almost got enough for a quick kunlun sesh though, so I might hit it before I tip over for bed.

Great time...I really hope the crew makes a stop out in NJ on their way to Europe in April!!!

Thanks for the report!! Sounds fun! I would have loved to see the Scorpion Claw! Sounds like you'll have some nice progress in front of you for a few moons!!

I'd love to get a burning palm next time I see 'em. Max taught me a bunch of stuff for learning how to do it (some techniques, training, etc) in our 1 on 1. I'm not quite sure how burning palm differs from the other palms he demonstrated on me...any of you guys that were there, feel free to chime in on any differences noted!

Sunday Max did a burning palm demonstration on AugustLeo...and I looked at max when he was done, thinking, I could totally use that done to me...then he turns to me and goes, now I'm going to do a scorpion palm demonstration, so come here, you look strong. I'm not quite sure what the scorpion palm was or what it looked like because I was laying down on the ground...the only part that stung a little much was just above my pelvic bones, sensitive skin there...and next came the...what was it, eagle claw palm? Max ran down points on each side of my back, lifting me 4, 6, 8 inches off the ground with each...claw? It was slightly amusing hearing/feeling just about everyone in the class gasp and cringe thinking they were glad it wasnt them! Call me masochistic, but it felt damn good.
Yea, Max did the same thing to me back in September.

He was talking about scorpion palm at his Friday night lecture, and I was going to ask him to demo it on me, but didn't get a chance to. Well, he must have read my mind because after the lecture he told me he'd demo it on me the next day in class. :D

Which he certainly did. He started out slapping me on the back and then had me lay on my belly, where he also actually clawed me up off the ground several inches repeatedly. I think it hurt most at the end when he was smacking me down on my lower sides...yooowch! And yes, he did say there were 9 levels and most people pass out at 3. Which, I have absolutely no problem believing. :P

But overall, it was a fun & cool experience...that left welts.

I guess I can't spend almost a week with Max and not give a report :)

The vibe between Max and his students is really great. More of a family type of atmosphere than formal teaching setting. Everytime I see him he get's funnier and funnier. At the first LA workshop his sense of humor really impressed me and it is still strong. It was nice seeing Chris, Dakini, Diana, Doni(did I say that right?) and more. It was also great meeting new friends and the Taobums that decided to check out Kunlun.

Practice wise, the Scottsdale workshop was highlited for me when Max taught us how to combine Kunlun with Red Phoenix. As with all Max practices I have learned so far, it was simple and effortless. You raise the Kunlun energy in a specific way and then also do the Red Phoenix practice. I will probably keep Kunlun and Red Phoenix seperate for a bit longer but it will be nice to combine them later.

The Sedona workshop was awesome. It was the first time I did Kunlun with a group at night. Max taught us another practice to combine Golden Flower with Kunlun. Max taught us details about Golden Flower and it was nice getting 2 transmissions from Max in both workshops.

In the Sedona workshop, Max did a healing on each participant. This probably wouldn't be possible with larger groups as Max spent time transmitting to each of us and then telling us where we need work. For example one guy in the class was very fire and Max told him it was important for him to bring the fire down to the belly and bring water to his head. His assement of me was that my energy is more void and I need more physical fire. He suggested eating more spicey foods like curry. Everyone seemed to have a really powerful experience. I didin't go into as much spontaneous movements while Max was transmitting to me as most others. Some of the others were really moving and bending. One of Max's woman students, a really nice tall lady who I have seen at every Max workshop I have gone to achieved Level 2 bliss and was really having a good time.

Towards the end of the 2nd day of the Sedona workshop we did group Kunlun and I really started feeling a strong magnetic feeling around me and around the room. Some people(on taobums) mentioned Kunlun isn't magnetic energy and is just qi and Max shouldn't call it something different or whatever but it was clear to me it is different. It's a cool, magnetic energy and different than qi. I think Max says it is only found in the depths of space on his website or something like that. Whatever it is, it isn't regular qi. Max says there were only 4 people empowered to transmit Kunlun and the other 3 stopped. So he is really the only one with the unique abilty to transmit this energy now(and his top students).

Feeling is believing. I won't defend Kunlun practice or get into any arguments about it again. For people that are skeptical or even negative towards Max I would suggest doing a workshop first. If you do a workshop first and then say it's bs and your teacher knows all that stuff and has Max's abilities fine, but to say that before you even do a workshop is pretty silly.

It was great seeing everyone again, looking forward to the Kunlun discussion site developing in coming weeks, months so people who are going more deeply on Max's path can share in a practice friendly enviormentment.

Taobums is also great, Sean is a great guy and will be interested in seeing how both Taobums and the Kunlun site develop.

Cam

you guys make me want to fly to the usa before the seminars come to europe.

i am having such powerful results with kunlun that i am amazed.

so it would be a thing to see how the seminars would be. maybe i seriously think of flying to the usa before april (when it is planned to come to amsterdam).

yesterday i had such a powerful laughter-attack after the kunlun in the car ... i dont know if i ever laught as much as i did lately as one of many effects of the practice. the laughter came from so deep that i felt very purified afterwards in my loungs. after that i had to teach children and it was so funny how i understood them in such a different way. as if i could right jump into the middle of them and do nonsense together.

during the laughter attack i had the mobile on and recorded it even. now in the beginning of the next day i listened to it again and got another attack. it is gorgeous! and i am doing kunlun just for almost 1 month.

i know this kind of energies from previous techniques but never so easy to receive.

maybe i will check flights now just to see how much this trip would be. and also when the next workshop in the usa will be.

love and peace!

p.s. dear cameron. thank you very much for your reports. they have often inspired me!

Edited by jan1107

I think I'm going to venture down to the San Diego seminar, anyone else fixin to go? How does one come by these 1 on 1's with max? I can also attest to the legitimacy of Max's transmission. Everyone says i have seemed a lot different since the seminar in LA and i have never felt so motivated towards spirituality. Since the seminar my knowledge and passion have grown, as well as my analytical mind, it has subsided and now allows me to feel instead of think. Since the seminar it has truly been a journey 'from the head to the heart.'