silent thunder

Where is the Music?

sound is stranger than we think!

The study is the first ever to prove that acoustic phonons - the elemental particles that transmit both heat and sound - have magnetic properties.

"This adds a new dimension to our understanding of acoustic waves," said Joseph Heremans, Ohio Eminent Scholar in Nanotechnology and professor of mechanical engineering at Ohio State. "We've shown that we can steer heat magnetically. With a strong enough magnetic field, we should be able to steer sound waves, too."

People might be surprised enough to learn that heat and sound have anything to do with each other, much less that either can be controlled by magnets, Heremans acknowledged. But both are expressions of the same form of energy, quantum mechanically speaking. So any force that controls one should control the other....Therefore, being able to control heat conduction at will could have an enormous impact on energy production, though, obviously, applications of this emergent concept are still quite a way in the future.

• Like 1

The quantum transition (quantum jump), which so mystified and frustrated Einstein and many great quantum physicists, is the result of a classical impedance match – a match that allows energy to flow directly without resistance within the atomic structure - when the velocity of light in the outer electronic orbitals of the atom equals the velocity of sound within its nucleus, i.e., 1.094 million metres per second, and energy transfer can take place with 100 percent efficiency. The 100 efficient process emits one photon, not a series of progressively smaller photons that would be emitted by less efficient non-impedance matched system.[and

] here

• Like 1

Quantum mini-black hole self-amplifies phonon energy 2014:

A single phonon is too weak to observe, but the phonons inside the black hole bounce back and forth between the inner and outer horizons, triggering the creation of more Hawking phonons each time, much like a laser amplifies light. Physicists call this effect a black hole laser....“The Hawking radiation exponentially grows, it self-amplifies,” Steinhauer says.

As this BBC youtube explains, Hawking Radiation proves black holes recycle the anti-matter back into matter

• Like 1

Chloe Goodchild, initiated by H.W.L. Poonja, student of Ramana Maharshi, has authored the book "The Naked Voice":

A

s this listening awareness deepened, a deeper compassionate presence was felt by everyone. This I called sound-awareness. I learnt from wisdom teachings, that this self-obervational

listening process was called the witness consciousness, the capacity to listen and to observe yourself through your sound with total acceptance.  Non-judgemental listening is an essential key in discovering your naked voice. It silences the negative criticism of the rational mind.

The witnessing mind then provides the inner stability and spacious awareness that enables you to harness and embody the powerful forces of your emotions, through sung expression, without disturbance from your analytical mind.  The music of your emotions can then be truly heard. You are free to express them with sound awareness, and without fear.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Marblehead said:

All of the music in my collection is still in .WAV format which is as close as one can get to analog.  I have noticed that analog and vinyl are making a come-back.  

I still have all my old LP's and my turntable just bit the dust...

Thinking of picking up a new turntable - music is an important part of my life in all of its forms.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, steve said:

I still have all my old LP's and my turntable just bit the dust...

Thinking of picking up a new turntable - music is an important part of my life in all of its forms.

Yes, I recommend getting another turntable if it is allowable within your finances.

I too still have my LPs properly stored so that they do not get damaged.  I now listen to them on computer as I digitized all of them.  Maybe when my life slows down I can play them just for the enhanced sound.

“Before the idea of frequency existed, however, the same relation was expressed simply in terms of length, the length of a resonating agent multiplied by 2/3 being equivalent to the frequency multiplied by 3/2. The length of a zither string, then, multiplied by 2/3 gives a note which when struck is a perfect fifth higher than its fundamental. This is the first step (or ) in a process which evolves an unending spiral of notes. The length of the resonating agent which sounds the perfect fifth is then multiplied by 4/3, the resulting note being a fourth below the perfect fifth …”

Joseph Needham, Science and Civilization in China, Volume 4, Part I, pp. 172–173.

Between heaven and earth, they say, there is perfect harmony. Now, 3 is the emblem of heaven, 2 is the symbol of earth. If two sounds are in the proportion of 3 to 2 [the perfect fifth interval], they will harmonise perfectly as heaven and earth. All the tubes were cut on the same principle, … The lüs [notes] were divided into two classes, the yang lüs and the yin lüs… Everything in Nature belongs to one of these two grand categories, from whose combinations and reciprocal action results all that exists or takes place in the universe.”

J.A. Van Aalst, Chinese Music (Shanghai: Chinese Imperial Customs Service, 1933), p. 8.

So 3 is yang, 2 is yin, but 2 is the first matter as jing that resonates from the source of the 1 as the Emptiness, the formless awareness.

So Lui (呂) is the character meaning spinal column, hence, it is directly related to our subject. This character has one more interesting meaning ‘ ‘frets’ (of musical instruments) (1,5,6), the construction of which is similar with that of the spinal column. We should also mention that Chinese musical scale is also called Liu Liu (呂律),

This is also the secret of the three gunas as AUM:

The Quest for Divine Music by Suresh Chandra Dey:
Our whole universe is trigunatmaka, as it is pervaded by the three gunas…Therefore one gets a wonderful visualization of cosmogony, while doing the elementary Nada-sadhana, with the help of a tanpura, which is one of the oldest musical instruments….p. 82, As a result the first
musical vibration (Spandan…) that has emanated out of the trigunatmaka (relating to the three gunas), equipoise of Cosmic Nature - that alone is the AUM or OMkara….p. 266      

22 notes of Indian scale from the 3 gunas as Tai Chi Tetrad - 1-4-5 music intervals or 1:2:3:4. The most common tuning for the four-string tanpura sets the first string at “Pa,” the fifth degree of the scale, while the second and third strings are tuned to the tonic above, and the last string is tuned to the tonic below.We know that the most acoustically pure fifth arises from a 3:2 frequency ratio…tanpura tuning.

The Yellow Emperor, Huang Ti, in 2700 BCE, told Ling Lun to create the “infinite spiral of fifths” music tuning based on the Perfect Fourth music interval as yin and the Perfect Fifth musical interval as yang, according to the 240 BCE book, Lü-shih ch’un-ch’iu (The Spring and Autumn of Lü Pu-Wei). C to G natural harmonic overtone is the Perfect Fifth as 3/2 while C to F natural subharmonic undertone is the Perfect Fifth as 2/3. Both are heard internally - the ear does not hear the difference in meditation!

image1(4).JPG.c9c23ed9f3e877fcb170960610c4e328.JPG

So you can see here this is the Octave and Perfect Fifth overtones and they are phase-shifted.

Let us draw up a fundamental vibration with its first and second harmonic overtones [1:2 and 2:3]….if we then shift the phase relationship, we get a totally different course of the combined curve; that is, of the pressure course [amplitude and frequency] which is apparently effective in the final analysis. When looking at both curves, one might suppose that in the two cases we should hear two sounds that are just as different. But in fact our ear does not notice any difference.

Biophysicist Vitus B. Dröscher states in his book,

Magic of the Senses

, p. 168

So what this means is that internal listening due to the stereophonic right-left quantum coherence as noncommutative phase then resonates the yin Perfect Fourth as 4/3 back into the Yang Perfect Fifth as 2/3 and 3/2 - F to C and C to G, as the Tai Chi.

Western amplitude wavelength analysis gives a different visual shape but as de Broglie points out - there is an inherent "Harmony of the Phases" from the future! Superluminal phase shift.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/proxy/Ru9glcmIuucK5_auVZ8elGSNC3rYBIoGQHzrNRuWkg1bvE5L9SISVBI1l96FqCrYsy3V6k4k=w1200-h630-p-k-nu

The notes of the scale as the energy points of the spine. Ref: Sriranga sadguru in “Amaravani”

“The 24 frets of the (Veena) instrument are analogous to the 24 cartilages in the spinal cord. The number 24 also relates to the 24 syllables in the Vedic Gayatri mantra.”

Acoustic engineer and Vedic sound expert, Dr. M.G. Prasad.

image1(3).JPG

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 1

Image6.gif

So http://www.salagram.net/sstp-mgpuja3.html

The real music is mind-body transformation - this is why the real "small universe" meditation also has 12 notes - because of the infinite spiral of yin-yang energy from the 12 perfect fifths to close off the octave (or try to). Since 2 does not go into 3 - that is the original yin-yang infinite resonance from music theory!

• Like 1

This shows that the beating in these 5 sequences was not only regular, but was even extremely so on occasions, with an average tempo of 257 beats per minute (bpm). This pace is close to human tempo for rhythmic music17. Given that this pattern is probably due to a bimanual beating, it can therefore be argued that the basic tempo averages 128 bpm, a tempo typical of rhythmic popular dance music in many humans17. Remarkably, there is an alternation of positive and negative correlations in sequence 4, meaning that a long inter-beat duration was followed by a short inter-beat duration, or vice-versa.

Chimp learns to drum!

Yet in this particular drumming, Barney produced more than 685 drumbeats spread over 11 sequences for over four minutes (Fig. 1, and Supplementary Fig. S1). He remained in a seated position with the bucket between his feet, sometimes using his mouth to keep it in place (Fig. 2).

srep11320-f2.jpg

• Like 1

Until recently, the failure of most musical tuning systems to conform to the mathematics of small integer ratios was grounds for rejecting Pythagoras's proposal that small integer frequency ratios account for the perception of musical consonance and harmonicity [19]. However, recent modelling of the cumulative effects of physiological nonlinearities at each way-station of the ascending auditory pathway has disclosed the presence of ‘resonance neighbourhoods’ at whole integer ratio spacings on the tonotopic maps of the auditory system [2022]. This finding not only accommodates a wide range of tuning systems and musical scales found worldwide, but appears capable of accounting for human judgements of consonance, dissonance and tonal stability/attraction in terms of inherent organizational features of our auditory system ([20]; see also [2327]), as follows.

The pattern of ‘resonance neighbourhoods’ in auditory system tonotopy is likely to be shared by all mammals, being a product of quite elementary properties of the neural circuitry in question. It did not evolve for purposes of music, in other words, but as an incidental by-product of the interaction of excitation and inhibition in a neural system evolved to process natural sounds efficiently [20]. Not being confined to humans [28,29], it is not likely to represent an adaptation to music. The presence in humans of cultural patterns of musical practice conforming to these subtle resonances in auditory physiology accordingly requires an explanation.

Music is "not confined to humans"

http://rstb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/370/1664/20140095

• Like 1

Speaking of music.  Love my Amazon Echo smart speakers.  Millions of songs and records (w/ prime) at my finger tips as well as an all knowing computer that answers your questions. 

Hold I'll ask Alexa the meaning of Life.

She tells me 'A traditional answer is 42' 

she always knows just what to say..

• Like 1

On 30/07/2017 at 11:06 AM, Earl Grey said:

1. Know what else we can get for free? Advice from homeless people sitting around Santa Monica, telling people how to become a millionaire, how to find enlightenment, and how to be famous.

2. Those guys babbling about how much they know?

Hey friend,

1. From Nature. Gives for free and never asks anything in return even when we humans humiliate her so much with our own greed and stupid selfish actions.

2. I saw once a bikkhu, almost like the one in the photo below, sitting by himself on a street curb in the tourist spot Surfers Paradise, Australia. Alone, the most peaceful and serene expression I have seen in a human being. Barefoot and not a single possession except for his old robe and a cane. Later on his Thai family came to pick him up. I guess he was just invited to visit his Australian relatives. Enlightenment? He wouldn't care less. :)

https://goo.gl/images/E8e5HV

• Like 3

6 hours ago, thelerner said:

Speaking of music.  Love my Amazon Echo smart speakers.  Millions of songs and records (w/ prime) at my finger tips as well as an all knowing computer that answers your questions. 

Hold I'll ask Alexa the meaning of Life.

She tells me 'A traditional answer is 42' 

she always knows just what to say..

Don't Trust your Amazon Echo!

Suspect OKs Amazon to hand over Echo recordings in ... - CNN.com

www.cnn.com/2017/03/07/tech/amazon-echo-alexa-bentonville.../index.html

Apr 26, 2017 - Suspect OKs Amazon to hand over Echo recordings in murder case. ... A prosecutor had sought recordings from the defendant's Amazon Echo smart speaker as evidence in the case, a request the online retailer had rebuffed. ... Amazon Echo Case: We agreed to release recordings-my client James ...

• Like 1

Thing is, when I murder people I make sure the Echo is only recording positive things I'm saying. 

Like a Giant Stay Puff Marshmallow Man,

I am sure my Echo would never hurt me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thelerner said:

Thing is, when I murder people I make sure the Echo is only recording positive things I'm saying. 

Like a Giant Stay Puff Marshmallow Man,

I am sure my Echo would never hurt me.

Kind of like when you got emotional liposuction?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

Kind of like when you got emotional liposuction?

That which does not suck the life out of us,

only makes us stranger.  And strange is good.

Builds character, makes us look at the world differently.

Matter of fact was just listening to a Chod youtube.  Fascinating, Not just the chopping your body up into smaller pieces, but the feeding it to evil beings!?!   A bit extreme, even visually, not logical or intuitive or seemingly wise, but sometimes strong strange medicine, does the soul a world of good.  I wanna see if I could find a good guided meditation on it.

If we can't face the demons with awareness, fearlessness and compassion, then who will?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thelerner said:

Matter of fact was just listening to a Chod youtube.  Fascinating, Not just the chopping your body up into smaller pieces, but the feeding it to evil beings!?!   A bit extreme, even visually, not logical or intuitive or seemingly wise, but sometimes strong strange medicine, does the soul a world of good.  I wanna see if I could find a good guided meditation on it.

If we can't face the demons with awareness, fearlessness and compassion, then who will?

I would say that is a full lotus meditation - a variant of tummo.

Because if you read - Wentz book on Tibetan Secret Doctrines and Yoga - it states to visualize the bones as like dead wood that is burning up - just as the Tibetans cut the bones apart so that the dead body will not get reanimated as a zombie killer.

So in full lotus there is the necessary pressure while sitting to then create the internal flame that burns up the body.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, silent thunder said:

hmm.

what is the sound, i wonder... of full lotus...

11931154_927228214016452_299201595_n.jpg

???

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

*bow*

I so did not see that coming...

I'd say you nailed it!

I can only speak for myself. It comes from my center and engulfs me in what feels like a bubble or forcefield.

The force is with me. ;)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, silent thunder said:

hmm.

what is the sound, i wonder... of full lotus...

If you do a very strong DMT-based plant medicine - like formosayahuasca while in full lotus for 4 hours nonstop there is a very loud AUM sound that is spontaneously heard emanating from the heart.

This AUM sound is called by Master Nan, Huai-chin, the "conversion of jing to qi" as the opening of the 2nd chakra.

It is the sound of OHMKARA - the heart accessing the Yuan Qi on the right side from the formless awareness energy of the universe.

So that is why it is said AUM is the sound of the universe.

Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality calls it the Tiger's Roar - and so the left ear is the Yuan Qi as it is the right side vagus nerve that goes to the right side of the heart from the reproductive organs - the unmyelinated vagus nerve that is the reptilian vagus nerve.

So then the mantra Om Mani Padme Hum - means "Jewel in the lotus" - and that is the secret of the fire in the water of the qi within the jing - as yang qi is yin shen.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, thelerner said:

I think you may have mis-quoted Nietzsche there but that's okay as it was with good intent.

• Like 1

(sorry didn't read the thread yet tbh so you may ignore this)

John Cage 

Edited by phil48
  • Like 3