Nikolai1

CIA's proof of telepathy

So the CIA released 13 million pages of classified information and amid the usual betrayals, and assassinations, and humdrum daily acts of cynical realpolitik, something rather interesting emerged. The CIA privately investigated the psychic powers of Uri Geller and concluded that he had 'demonstrated his paranormal perceptual ability in a convincing and unambiguous manner.'

The existence of the telepathic mind, that is, the notion that we have perceptual organs that can read another's thoughts or see objects at distance or out of view, is a world-changing thing to contemplate. It is strictly not something that humans or animals are supposed to be able to do. Most of us just dispose of the extraordinary cognitive challenge that these studies pose by denying such powers exist. They make the human being an entirely different thing to what we thought.

I don't know why the Geller investigation was made classified, but even now it is in the public domain, there is no possible way that the public themselves can cope with the information. It will be as if it never happened. Though we all read it in the newspapers yesterday and today, our minds will classify the information. We each judge that it is best if we don't know too much into these things. 'Better to stick with the narrative,' so says our own inner CIA.

I love these stories, though. They expand the mind. They feel liberating to read!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/18/uri-geller-convinced-cia-psychic-warrior/

• Like 6

In 1991 Geller filed a $15 million lawsuit against Randi and the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal (CSICOP) over slander concerning Randi's statements that Geller had "tricked even reputable scientists" with tricks that "are the kind that used to be on the back of cereal boxes when I was a kid".[1] The court dismissed the case and Geller had to eventually settle the case at a cost of $120,000

In February 1992, Geller sued Randi, Prometheus and local book distributors in London, England for libel concerning The Magic of Uri Geller.[2] The lawsuit centered on the sentence: "He began his career as a stage magician in Israel where he was once arrested for claiming his feats were performed with psychic power", since Geller had not been arrested but merely sued. The publisher issued an erratum that changed the phrase "he was once arrested" to "he was once sued".[2] Randi commented in 1993 that "My position is that I made an unintended factual error in misinterpreting the words 'brought to court' and 'guilty' as 'arrested,' and that this was done without malice or reckless disregard for the truth."[2]Geller lost this case as well and had to pay Randi's legal fees

In April 1992 Geller sued Prometheus Books for $4 million alleging libel in two other books.[3] This suit was thrown out in 1994 and the judge ordered Geller to pay $20,272.89 in legal fees.[3]

After Geller's three lawsuits, Randi said he "never paid even one dollar or even one cent to anyone who ever sued me, and certainly not to Geller"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Truth_About_Uri_Geller

• Like 1

Whatever Geller has done in other contexts and whether some of his shows are magic tricks...This isn't.

Nungali's post is the usual response of the inner CIA. Talk instead about where he was dubious as a person. If we focus on this it lets our minds not dwell an the momentousness of the CIA investigation.

There was a request to return this thread to general because "The topic deals with the side effects of spiritual practice and public attitudes to siddhis etc. "

But there is nothing in the OP nor any suggestion since the OP in that direction.    Instead, I see this devolve towards skepticism on some level.   Unless the topic is about spiritual practices and siddhis, I can't see returning the topic [yet]...

• Like 1

Geller claimed to have siddhis and was investigated by the CIA, and they agreed. I'm just aware that for the average man on the the street, as well as for our chief intellectual leaders, siddhis do not exist and those who claim to have them are charlatans. This evidence is as strong as it gets, straight from the classified archives.

Geller claimed to have siddhis and was investigated by the CIA, and they agreed. I'm just aware that for the average man on the the street, as well as for our chief intellectual leaders, siddhis do not exist and those who claim to have them are charlatans. This evidence is as strong as it gets, straight from the classified archives.

As a result of what system of practices?

• Like 1

I'm also skeptical of Geller.  I did look up the CIA report, it is real.  Real and true are different things.  As likely the CIA kept it secret to have him work to there advantage, to me its as likely that they created it and leaked it to the Russians as false flag.  Or they were truly fooled.  I'll call it 20/40/40

I don't know, you have a released CIA report believing it, and skeptics who've shown him to be a fraud at other times. 

From the research I did in the 1980's I found there was tantalizing anecdotal evidence, but little conclusive repeatable scientific testing, ie some people would get high psi scores, but not consistently.  Further scientists were continually falling for con men because they were trained to observe things very closely, thus easily misdirected.  Whereas magicians, are trained in trickery, deceit and false direction and are much harder to con; willing to consider that people will spend $1,000's of dollars and 100's of hours of training to pull off 'impossible' magic. 

A good mentalist/spiritualist/conman will have plants both people and electronic to discover things they could not possibly 'know'.  The subgroup of magicians known as mentalists have been known to pull off psychic viewing stunts similar to Geller's.  Not proof he used such stunts but its possible. 

I never saw the movie Men Who Stare at Goats.   According to the OP, Geller was the model for the main character.  Not that it would prove anything, but I'll have to look the movie up on netflix.

• Like 1

Just my opinion... please :)

I think the ordeal of testing him is real and conclusive enough as the CIA said:  He is psychic:  Psychic shit happens :)

He was tested for "clairvoyant" or "telepathic" abilities.... he demonstrated 'remote viewing'.    

I personally believe all of this.

comments:

1. Is this thread about a CIA interrogation of psychic abilities?    yes

2. Is this thread meant to make everyone understand that spiritual practices lead to such similar abilities but called siddhis?   PLEASE.. there is nowhere yet suggesting it...   BUT

3. Is the idea true, #2?   Yes... it is... but it has not been stated nor shown here  ;)

There are members who might have these siddhis or other remote viewing...   they won't share them... because the CIA will knock at your door :)

But some might share some of it...

• Like 2

No real psychic wants public attention is my thinking

Stage as they said is a good cover also, being shown to be a fraud is a good cover too haha

Who knows

I am 50/50 with the released documents, I find them interesting, other related things if you search stargate

Randis 1 million dollar challenge makes no sense either, as a capable psychic would be able to win that and more without any public knowing.

Edited by Sionnach
  • Like 1

I think a person can have real psychic ability and use it to be a showman. And I think the same person will use cheap illusion tricks in order to back up failure. I'm nor saying Uri Geller is a saint, but he as demonstrated extraordinary abilities under controlled conditions. But the main point is that the existence of these abilities are radically world changing the moment we admit to their existence. And that is what most cannot do. The CIA docs are as good evidence as you will get, but they will be ignored.

• Like 4

There is no doubt in my mind that there are people with natural or attained abilities.

The ones who bluster "abilities", are the least likely to be genuine...

960.jpg

• Like 2

. But the main point is that the existence of these abilities are radically world changing the moment we admit to their existence. And that is what most cannot do.

I wonder about that.  Sorta like in the book The DaVinci Code where the bad guys kill and torture dozens to keep there horrible secret - Jesus was married and Mary is the Grail cup.  In truth, no big deal to anyone.  If someone has limited ability to sometimes read minds does that really affect us more then the millions who have limited ability to hack into our computers and steal our information and digital identities?  Are we to fear them more then conventional hackers?  

Face it, the reason Geller wasn't kept a secret and spent his life bending spoons, hawking books and suing others is because his powers aren't real useful.

Not that it wouldn't cause some changes, but I don't think they'd be as world changing as so many scify series insist, ie that they must be controlled and/or eliminated.  In truth, technology has given us the psychic abilities past generations dreamed of.  We just take them for granted.   ie transmitting thoughts 1,000's of miles with phone or text.  Moving 100's of miles an hour in a plane.  Killing things by pointing and moving my finger, with a gun.. etc.,

To echo what thelerner has said, just to keep perspectives in mind...

The easiest kind of magic to pull off is to get a reliable source to tell a fictional story about magic really happening. It's super easy.

That being said, I believe the CIA for the most part. While supernormal, these things are within the realm of possibility.

The CIA definitely had an interest (and belief) in psychic or "supernatural" abilities.

Even the book by Dr Yan Xin "Yan Xin Qigong and the Contemporary Sciences" was classified by the CIA from the years of 1993 - 2001, I managed to get print outs of the book from the CIA's Freedom of Information Act Library by making a request... great stuff in that book, and shows that the CIA took it seriously enough to classify it for nearly 10 years.

Heres a link to the document/book I photographed the pages of... there are many incredible things in here, including descriptions and graphs from some of the studies Dr Yan Xin was performing on external qi, manipulating matter including radioactive isotopes (changing their half-lifes which is considered impossible by any means other than this), crystalising proteins suspended in water, and many other things.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-fSfDFgkZLIUkdFaFZWcTkwTjA

In order to read it in order you must "sort" it by name, whether you download it all or view it in the browser.

Edited by Synchronic
  • Like 4

Back in the day, Joseph McMoneagle performing in front of the senate subcommittee that voted to approve continued funding, was given a very tiny cut out from a b&w satellite photograph that appeared to be the roof of some kind of building somewhere in the world, from a distance. Nothing else was visible. He was asked to describe what was going on underneath that roof.

He described (over the course of a few sessions as there were followups) a gigantic building in which was being constructed the hugest submarine the world had ever seen. It was put together in an unusual way he described. There were precisely this many missile tubes and so on. And around a certain date they were going to suddenly dig a giant channel from this building to a nearby waterway and drag it out to sea.

Intell laughed and laughed. Soooo stupid! Totally impossible. None were anywhere near that big, the building wasn't near enough to the water, and so on.

It was the super secret Typhoon class soviet submarine, with details exactly as he had described. His date for the release was off by 2-3 weeks.

Then-current leader of the CIA was later to describe this, and many other even more impressive and detailed viewings, as "a lucky guess." McMoneagle is apparently just the luckiest SOB ever to walk the planet.

A current documentary which someone pirated to youtube can be viewed before copyright takes it away :-)

Third Eye Spies - Remote Viewing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoNUgQE0uDg

I'm well familiar with this field for a long time, so I found much of it sort of amusing, and hokey, and a bit of historical revision but in harmless ways more about personalities than facts -- the basics are accurate and it has some neat old video and a few interesting stories the public probably hasn't heard.

RC

• Like 2

Oh. The video I posted above, has a focus on Pat Price, but it also has a little on Uri Geller.

Uri was pretty well known to be working for Mossad so they only did six weeks of testing with him.

Uri's a tough call because in the lab he is the real deal, but personality-wise/presentation he is ... prone to make even the most open minded person doubt he's anything but smoke and mirrors.

RC

• Like 1

Looks like copyright pulled it down now. Sorry about that.

Best book for interest: 'Remote Viewers' by Jim Schnabel. Tragically missed most the science part but is a good Joe-the-amazing and There-Is-No-God-but-Ingo book. Best book from the boss: Mind Trek, by McMoneagle, though I found the foreword and chapter 1 yawningly slow, the rest was very good and has simple how-to. Best book as an introduction to the scientific study of psi and really damn interesting too: The Conscious Universe by Dean Radin.

RC

• Like 2