Sign in to follow this  
Pilgrim

Kundalini, Now What?

Decided to remove after reading similar things and the ill reception they received.

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 2

I would encourage you to request a PPF, to ask that this thread be moved there, and then to hide this post.

:)

• Like 1

I would encourage you to request a PPF, to ask that this thread be moved there, and then to hide this post.

:)

Thanks Brian After looking around the site some more I see what you mean and decided to just remove it.

Edited by Pilgrim

I am not sure what PPF is?

But if you think it is a good idea ok.

Why hide the post?

From another recent thread...

PPF stands for Personal Practice Forum. For some reason, we still use that acronym even though they live in the Personal Practice Discussion area (so they are sometimes and more properly called PPDs). It is a private section, visible only to registered forum members, in which the "owner" has broad authority. Forum rules still apply but the owner can hide off-topic or unappreciated posts if so desired. A higher level of respect for the PPF owner is expected than in some other areas of the forum.

Kundalini is fake stage in Dao cultivation btw.

Fake stage, I disagree. It depends on what's happening. However, I will admit that kundalini experiences are highly misunderstood, and too much suffering ensues because of this misunderstanding.

Best --

• Like 4

Hi Pilgrim,

I am sorry to see that you removed your posts. Some very good stuff. I hope that when you get your PPF going that you repost your material.

Best,

Jeff

• Like 2

Fake stage, I disagree. It depends on what's happening. However, I will admit that kundalini experiences are highly misunderstood, and too much suffering ensues because of this misunderstanding.

Best --

I would see it as a fake stage unless it can be raised in the most central channel, and 1000 things have been pre-prepared. But I am a kundalini nazi :) Really it's a new age mess in the West as far as I can see, and many of the Indian type guru's are just as bad anyway.

Edited by Bindi
  • Like 1

Individual karma dictates, so each unfurling of the effects of kundalini will vary dependent on the awareness level and receptivity of that individual. 

• Like 1

Individual karma dictates, so each unfurling of the effects of kundalini will vary dependent on the awareness level and receptivity of that individual.

Wisely said. Also, Kundalini is a word, and words often have different meanings to those who hear them...

Continuing with the theme of the OP...

Abhinavagupta writes:

"When kama (desire, passion) and krodha (anger, wrtah) are viewed only as aberrations of the mind, they constitute khechari-vaisamya, or heterogeneity of khechari. The samata or homogeneousness of khechari consists in viewing every object and state as the nature of integral Bhairava.

The vaisamya or disparateness of khechari is due to the ignorance of the essential nature of anuttara, or the Absolute.

When this ignorance is removed, then all limitations of the empirical consciousness disappear and with the disappearance of these limitations, even krodha, moha (delusion), etc. appear as the nature of the perfect divine Bhairava-consciousness.

By kechari-samata, the aspirant feels divine presence everywhere, in every object, in every state, even in passion and wrath. It is an attitude which has to be constantly maintained. His whole outlook on life is changed."

~Para-trisika-vivarana, p. 51.

Continuing with the theme of the OP...

Abhinavagupta writes:

"When kama (desire, passion) and krodha (anger, wrtah) are viewed only as aberrations of the mind, they constitute khechari-vaisamya, or heterogeneity of khechari. The samata or homogeneousness of khechari consists in viewing every object and state as the nature of integral Bhairava.

The vaisamya or disparateness of khechari is due to the ignorance of the essential nature of anuttara, or the Absolute.

When this ignorance is removed, then all limitations of the empirical consciousness disappear and with the disappearance of these limitations, even krodha, moha (delusion), etc. appear as the nature of the perfect divine Bhairava-consciousness.

By kechari-samata, the aspirant feels divine presence everywhere, in every object, in every state, even in passion and wrath. It is an attitude which has to be constantly maintained. His whole outlook on life is changed."

~Para-trisika-vivarana, p. 51.

What is khechari?

Wisely said. Also, Kundalini is a word, and words often have different meanings to those who hear them...

Kundalini (Sanskrit: "a coiled female serpent") from kundala, "coil of a rope" meaning either coiled up or coiling like a snake — is the divine cosmic energy. It is a term in yoga, referring to a reservoir of psychic energy at the base of the spine. Kundalini is curled up in the back part of the root chakra in three and one-half turns. This force or energy is symbolized as a coiled and sleeping serpent lying dormant in the lowest nerve centre at the base of the spinal column, the Muladhara-chakra. This latent energy has to be aroused and made to ascend the main spinal channel, the Susumna piercing the chakras right up to the Sahasrara, the thousand-petalled lotus in the head. Then the Yogi is in union with the Brahman (Supreme Universal Soul).

http://veda.wikidot.com/kundalini

Thank you all for the encouragement and the kind words, very nice of you.

After reading different posts on this site and the ill reception such conversation receives it seemed prudent to just remove the writing. It appeared I had erred in sharing such things on a site that appears to be primarily Daoist ( which I am not sure what that is ) and became discouraged and slightly dyspeptic over certain attitudes concerning the topic of Kundalini.

I can't say that I blame people for having such disdain for the word Kundalini. In my endeavors to better comprehend what the process of life development is, I too have come across many tiger pits. Here are a few:

1. The New Age blathering
  2. Cults founded off of an Autobiography
  3. Cults that formed as an offshoot of the autobiography cult
  4. Fake Indian Gurus descended form the founder of certain practices
  5. Fake Indian YouTube advertising gurus
  6. Fake books on certain popular worded yoga's
  7. Personal teachers that could not comprehend nor aid beyond a narrow dogmatic scope of cultural norms & inculcation of lineage.
  8. Web Sites with cruel people that act like authorities with oh so superior lofty attitudes but seldom share anything other than bile and vitriol.
  9. Websites that have a core cadre of people all agreeing to agree that there system is the best, spreading nonsense.

What a mess.

Yet from all of this certain small nuggets of golden confirmation have sifted through the mud and by direct living those things which have been proven kept, the rest discarded.

Maybe this is the only way?

Comprehend by doing and the unfolding of the years?

Let the living and the results of contrived practices which have a utilitarian exercise like routine to them simply do there work and as a byproduct of becoming gender complete take care of the rest?

Taking all of this in consideration I thought to myself it appears I have opened the door to controversy and whom am I writing for anyway?

Well the answer was simple. I was writing for myself. Sometimes the best way to be sure you know what you know is to write it, this allows the file cabinet to be organized and makes room for more comprehension, but is it necessary to share that with the public?

Is it helpful to anyone else?

Does it open the possibility of a more knowledgeable person lending a hand? Honestly I like the idea of something beyond the Utilitarian Systematic approach but it appears that in place of this there is only intellectual grubbing around going by various names.

Maybe the only usefulness to others is to provide a little comfort along the way when they read something and feel ah yes I know that also, or oh so that is how that fits.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this