Taomeow

Proposing a new party

Those of you who know my widely unpopular (strike that: incomprehensible to most) political views may have noticed something that has been bothering me about holding them...  If not, here it is: 

it's no use knowing what needs to be done if your model for how it's done resides in the remotest past.  Who cares that we were able to do it right at some time immemorial no one has lived in of the people alive today or of their traceable ancestors.  People are only interested in the future when they choose their political stance.  In what they want and don't want to happen.  

I am very clear on what I want and don't want to happen.  So why don't I try taking it where it belongs.  Back to the future.

I believe that there's only two fundamental forces shaping the world today:  AI and NS.  That is, 

Artificial Intelligence and Natural Stupidity. 

All other parties and views are covered by either this or that umbrella, though they do partially overlap too. 

All environment-destroying, technoloy-shoving-down-your-throat, genetically modifying, microchipping, blanket surveilling-spying-privacy-eliminating, transhumanist man-machine merging, robotic, DARPAesque, etc., developments are implemented and executed by AI. 

All reactions to, not this but something else, all feelings and words an actions that constitute the knee jerk response to the multiple distractions created by AI to divert people's attention and awareness from its ever-growing rule, its immediate actions and its ultimate agenda (to wit, elimination of all things alive and replacing them with things created in AIs image and likeness) are reactively implemented and executed by NS.   

Look at the big picture and you will see that there's nothing happening in the world today that does not fall under one of these two categories, or under both simultaneously.

Is this how we want our future to unfold?..

The only thing that can save us is a third force, NI -- Natural Intelligence.  It is stronger than both AI and NS put together.  But it is not organized, not trained in fighting the real battle, and does not have a leader.  It does not have a party, a program, the means to defend itself and to advance its cause.  It has been rendered artificially feckless and unnaturally timid.  It has been marginalized and discarded by the two ruling parties, AI and NS. 

It's not NI's rightful place.  Its rightful place is at the helm of history. 

I propose the creation of NIP -- the Natural Intelligence Party -- and I propose to put it on the

political map fast so its presidential candidate wins in 2020, before it's too late.

With the campaign slogan that might read, e.g.,

Taomeow 2020:

Because She Knows The Way

Meow?..  :)

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 9

Hmmn. Random thoughts:

Maybe 'Natural Intelligence' does not need to defend itself because it is part of the Tao itself, not encapsulated in any given biological being. Maybe not such a big deal if we directly or indirectly kill off most of the planet; someone will survive, or some mutated variation of them, and life will go on, and it will be fine. For earth, that is.

Maybe we don't vote for the future; perhaps if we did a whole lot of our choices would be better. We vote for the present and we continually fail to improve our future. "The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right now," Zig Ziglar once said (and everyone else has usurped it as their own since, I think).

RC

I'm still trying to figure out what natural intelligence is ?

We virtually all have the capacity for rational, objective thought, we must choose to use it. The nature of man is that he must choose to use that faculty, it isn't automatic, it's isn't a given. The moron is a moron because he chooses to be as such.

My experience in the off-topic section of TDB lately has been somewhat paradigm blowing.  On the one hand we have Trump, and I`m sorry but he just seems like an awful person.  I`m not much interested in politics, and haven`t spent much time diving into the basic sources to figure out what I truly think would be the best policies.  Unlike TaoMeow, I don`t know the way and make no bones about it.  But I can listen to someone speak and get a sense for whether or not I like them as a person.  I`ve listened to Trump and a don`t like him.  Not one little bit.

When I listen to Hillary she seems to make more sense, or rather, she seems capable of a reasonable conversation.  Though I`ll admit that sometimes I get this little red light in my mind flashing the word Bullshit.  I don`t trust her.  Still, it`s hard not to override the message of that little light given that Trump is over the top nutso. 

Furthermore, ALL my real life friends voted for Clinton.  All of them.  And they all thought that the world would come crashing down if Trump won.

So anyway, perhaps you see the source of my recent political discombobulation.  In real life, everybody I know is Hillary all the way.  But on TaoBums people I respect think she`s a weapon`s dealer, a pedophile, a murderess.  What gives?

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 6

LL, they are both water under the bridge.  If you and everybody else liked Trump, or Hillary, or Bernie (it was my impression most people liked Bernie, and against Trump he was leading in the double digits, so why...  but nevermind...  water under the bridge) -- if we already had the man or the woman to make everyone happy, from either party, I wouldn't propose a new one.  I propose it as my reaction to massive profound unhappiness of about half the population with what we got, and a reasonable expectation of equally profound unhappiness of the other half if the elections were to end in the opposite scenario.  I propose that whatever divided the country like that was not natural intelligence.  It was artificial intelligence, or natural stupidity, or both.

I had a pair of flip-flops, made (beautifully, by artisans) in a foreign country (I won't tell which in these sensitive times).  I wore them for three years, eight months a year, this is So Cal, I live near the ocean, so...  my number one go-to footwear.  They still looked great on top, but the soles were wearing thin.  I started looking for another pair just like this one to replace them.  I couldn't find it.  Not even close.  Another year went by.  My big toe is now touching the ground if I wear them, the sole is just gone from under it.  Realizing that I'd started avoiding people I know when I'm wearing them, I finally bought a new pair.  No comparison.  Profoundly inferior.  But what could I do?  It was either that or go barefoot.  A compromise. 

Now imagine that instead of this, I had the power to strip the whole continent of asphalt and concrete and regrow the lush grasses that covered every inch of it from sea to shining sea when it was first...  er...  discovered.  It would mean that here in SoCal I would indeed go barefoot eight months out of the year.  Worth it?  Or do I keep buying new flip-flops, made in a foreign country by 11-year-old girls working 16-hour-long shifts, looking like semi-drowned kittens?   

For most people, the answer is obvious.  Drown them completely.  And mechanize the shoemaking completely.

The difference between Hillary and Trump in this context?  None.

Join the NIP!

• Like 3

But on TaoBums people I respect think she`s a weapon`s dealer, a pedophile, a murderess.  What gives?

I don't know anything about any of that (though the body count behind her and Bill is downright impressive). I think she is against the fundamental spirit of the constitution and she openly said she would get rid of the 2nd Amendment. I have a whole list of things I don't like about her but that alone was enough for me to not vote for her no matter what.

But once Grumpy Cat is president, if we look aside from his favoritism for the milk lobby, things can change.

RC

• Like 2

Join the NIP!

Instead of the Trump chants of ,  U-S-A...  we'll hear:   N-I-P   :P

And the opposition party will chant:  R-I-P  :D

• Like 4

Sign me up. 

I've been an Independent since my Father described the system to me when I was 10.  That was Carter and Reagan in the 1979/80 election process.

Electoral College, Cronyism, the economy of favors, gerrymandering of congressional districts to distort representation, Oligarchical representation, Corporate favoritism, economic warfare, classism...

Sign me up neighbor!

• Like 1

Instead of the Trump chants of ,  U-S-A...  we'll hear:   N-I-P   :P

And the opposition party will chant:  R-I-P  :D

You have a point.  The name is important, and if the acronym invites sarcastic distortions, it's bad juju.  Let's find a better name, I'm open.

Sign me up. 

I've been an Independent since my Father described the system to me when I was 10.  That was Carter and Reagan in the 1979/80 election process.

Electoral College, Cronyism, the economy of favors, gerrymandering of congressional districts to distort representation, Oligarchical representation, Corporate favoritism, economic warfare, classism...

Sign me up neighbor!

Gladly. 

Now we would have to change one law to pull it off.  i wasn't born in the US, I'm a naturalized citizen.  I think the historic role of Trump could be to prove, now that he can, that so is Obama, and repeal the law that disallows it, since it would be impossible to retroactively repeal a president of 8 years without the aid of the time-traveling presidential candidate Andy Basiago, but of course he will be campaigning for himself and is likely to refuse to help. 

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

Can I have world peace?

All I want is world peace.

Whirled peas.

You can have whirled peas.

;)

TM, you can count me in if you'll have me.

• Like 1

NIP ?

sounds like code talk for nip as in catnip

i reckon the underlying agenda is for all the states to go pro-catnip?

party indeed

party party

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 2

We have nightmares about NIPs dropping through the letterbox. Notice of intended prosecution. Usually a big fine, points, sky high insurance, a court case and a driving ban.

• Like 1

Non-negotiable Inviolable Peace for TheWhiteRabbit (and for the black, brown, yellow, red, grey, spotted ones too).

Whirled peas for Brian -- if he can present a naturally occurring whirled variety, I'm not genetically modifying peas to whirl his way.  In fact I will ban genetic modifications.  Retroactively too, so anyone who is a cross between a human and a glowing jellyfish, a whirled pea, or a politician should start worrying.

Free catnip for all, of course, Zerostao, and now that pot is legal, but no sooner than they genetically modified it into a soft lobotomy kind of a deal instead of the gentle entheogen it used to be, I won't let it happen to catnip, and I will ban the modified pot too, while of course allowing and encouraging the restoration of the original species.  And, yes, let's party!

Nip in the bud what's in the way of the true bud. 

Notice of Intended Prosecution for Karl unless he can offer a better name.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2