Sign in to follow this  
Sunya

the philosophy behind kunlun

Lucky Leo. I've never yet experienced this supposed Bliss that leads to greater enlightenment and spiritual well-being. Sometimes I feel like a failure. All the moreso since women supposedly have a much easier time of attaining Bliss Spiritual Enlightment than men.

I've already done 100 days of celibacy and then some. I have no partner and haven't been with anyone for over 2 years. You'd think that'd count for something in helping me toward my spiritual goals.

Lucky Leo. I've never yet experienced this supposed Bliss that leads to greater enlightenment and spiritual well-being. Sometimes I feel like a failure. All the moreso since women supposedly have a much easier time of attaining Bliss Spiritual Enlightment than men.

I've already done 100 days of celibacy and then some. I have no partner and haven't been with anyone for over 2 years. You'd think that'd count for something in helping me toward my spiritual goals.

Don't be so hard on yourself. There's a lot going on "behind the veil" that will be revealed when the time is right. Desiring the experience keeps it from happening.

Desiring the experience keeps it from happening.

Thank you for the kind words.

Desiring Bliss Spiritual Enlightenment is part of why I even bother to do this. If I didn't want what Kunlun offers I'd find other things to do with my time.

Edited by SereneBlue

Desiring Bliss Enlightenment is part of why I even bother to do this in the first place. If I didn't want what Kunlun offers I'd find other things to do with my time.

True, but desire is an complex thing........ perhaps desire vs expectations makes more sense.

e.g. I want to do Kunlun because it's fun and it lets me sit in stillness for 20 min.

But while I'm actually doing the practice, I'm not "trying" to feel anything. Or "expecting"/"wanting" anything in particular to happen. I'm just sitting for X amount of time and whatever happens or doesn't happen. It's all good.

Thank you for the kind words.

Desiring Bliss Spiritual Enlightenment is part of why I even bother to do this. If I didn't want what Kunlun offers I'd find other things to do with my time.

when I get the feeling that I'm about to leave my body, if I have any thought about it happening, it stops. But once I slip back into a desireless state, and just let whatever is happening to happen, I pop out very easily.

If there is any demand or impatience in a desire, it's probably not going to happen. I think the desire for the benefits of kunlun is implied by doing the practice. Ask for bliss, then surrender to it.

Well I do surrender during practice. I make a point to do my best at never trying to guide or control it or desire a certain effect in any way whether consciously or subconsciously since everyone keeps saying that will prevent Kunlun from doing whatever it would otherwise do.

I just wonder why it is everyone is making so much fast progress (within a few sessions!) of entering this enlightened Taoist awareness. Here I remain just seeing mostly a few simple body movements - which has certainly never been even remotely enlightening or Taoist Aware. The things I experience are fun no doubt. It's just not really why I was attracted to Qi Gong or Kunlun.

I keep reading everyone having this wonderful Enlightened Taoist Breakthrough and feel shut out of the party everyone else is in on.

Edit: As an example: I started Kunlun in November. Leo in December. Yet he's achieved Bliss Enlightenment and I have not. Go figure.

Edited by SereneBlue

Yeah... I guess I do sound like a whiney baby. :P

Actually yes it is! I am having fewer and fewer days where I need to take my pain meds!! In fact...I wonder if that's why I'm not having any of these "Bliss-gasms" (I love your word! It kicks butt! :D ) or my libido keeps dying right after practice? Now that I think about it maybe all that Kunlun energy is busy repairing my back injuries.

Bah. Humbug.

I guess I should be grateful. I just get impatient seeing all these people get Enlightenment and Spiritually Evolve so dang fast and when I don't I feel like a failure - especially since women typically supposedly attain Bliss Enlightenment faster than men. But maybe Kunlun has to heal my back before I'll be able to experience much else.

Your mileage may vary.

Trust yourself.

Trust in the now.

People type words.

Words are words.

No getting there.

Not there.

Only being.

Anticipate the practice.

Be the doing.

Don't expect results.

Anticipate the process.

Fer sher.

Guest winpro07

Hey there. I took me over two months of 1-3 hrs day practice to feel bliss in a small degree. My bodies healing in many ways came first. I can run again. Its been only a few days since my first lasting bliss experience. Today: The bliss vibration was strongest in my limbs, a warm hum little bit electric like love. I was at work which is very distracting for me, but this new level lasted a long time. It was very tactile. Everything had a life to it, and when i touched anything a subtle energy would enter through my fingers lighting up my heart. At one point my head was reeling. All these sensations are like falling in love, only stronger. Reminds me of Rumi falling in love with the divine, being drunk on this wine. Each practice is building upon the last in an exponential way. The kind, and amount of work i would have done before to get this same experience that would last only moments! Its shocking to see this progress. The very best is just being able to give of my self -this was my weakest link before. People not full of light appear now as something like holograms -empty needing light. I'd say its the divines calling that eventually leads us back to fill our cup once more. We long to overflow.

Yeah... I guess I do sound like a whiney baby. :P

Actually yes it is! I am having fewer and fewer days where I need to take my pain meds!! In fact...I wonder if that's why I'm not having any of these "Bliss-gasms" (I love your word! It kicks butt! :D ) or my libido keeps dying right after practice? Now that I think about it maybe all that Kunlun energy is busy repairing my back injuries.

Bah. Humbug.

I guess I should be grateful. I just get impatient seeing all these people get Enlightenment and Spiritually Evolve so dang fast and when I don't I feel like a failure - especially since women typically supposedly attain Bliss Enlightenment faster than men. But maybe Kunlun has to heal my back before I'll be able to experience much else.

Reminds me of Rumi falling in love with the divine, being drunk on this wine.

I love this.

I know that feeling. Kunlun nourishes this connection.

Guest winpro07

yes

I love this.

I know that feeling. Kunlun nourishes this connection.

Actually yes it is! I am having fewer and fewer days where I need to take my pain meds!! In fact...I wonder if that's why I'm not having any of these "Bliss-gasms" (I love your word! It kicks butt! biggrin.gif ) or my libido keeps dying right after practice? Now that I think about it maybe all that Kunlun energy is busy repairing my back injuries.

Bah. Humbug.

You are a hard woman to please!!! :lol:

My guess is that your injury is getting the most attention from the practice. If it's any solace, I've had no transcendental experiences whatsoever and I've seen Max in person. Everyone else can be levitating around their living room talking to God for all I care... I just like knowing that the right thing is happening at the right time and that I don't need to concern myself about what's going on under the hood with this practice. The fact that an average joe like me can make excellent progress in the long run and that it feels good in the short run is what makes me happy.

Your pal,

Yoda

Winpro07,

1 to 3 hours a day??? That's far out!

Your pal,

Yoda

Guest winpro07

Practice has been more electric, and intense. Its after getting used to the new frequency that 'feeling' starts to happen, as if there is a period of adjustment, then magic. Doing what i love is where its at. All that Divine Current has a purpose in me -in all of us. 'Expecting' an ecstatic-bliss-filled-practice prevents us feeling bliss in practice because we arent enjoying the experience. This 'Bliss rises when we sit in a coffee shop beaming into everything around, or chopping wood in the back yard, or walking the dog at the park. This practice is healing, and for the whole of life -for every moment. Expect Bliss to rise in all things. Expect the Divine to lead to everthing...........

Guest winpro07

I've spent so tens of thousands of hours working very hard. Right now 10 hours a day six days a week doing mundane things for money. If the end result of this practice, where one hour equals one hundered years elsewhere, and merging with the Divine swimming in a sea of bliss is payment for practice -one hour should be ten! -given how precsious our limited time isWinpro07,

1 to 3 hours a day??? That's far out!

Your pal,

Yoda

Leo,

no wonder you're getting such great results. after that length of time you must be pretty open and know what to look for/feel. i'm 22 and have been practicing for longer than a year so i still have a bit to go before i can really progress to the level you're at

why does the philosophy of kunlun seem so 'dumbed down'?

1. so it sells

2. it was dumb originally

... else we'd be mindless drones.

those are the best paying customers

I keep reading everyone having this wonderful Enlightened Taoist Breakthrough and feel shut out of the party everyone else is in on.

Edit: As an example: I started Kunlun in November. Leo in December. Yet he's achieved Bliss Enlightenment and I have not. Go figure.[/b][/color]

relax, they did not achieve squat, they just huff and puff.

Edited by Procurator

I don't think philosophy or dogma is going to lead us where we want to go. Its good to learn, sort out it out, turn it over, but too often its just intellectual. Kudos to those who truly let it influence there lives beyond lip service.

So dogmaless practices like Kunlun and simpler practices are getting higher on my todo list and philosophy and its ilk is getting lower.

Sit down, hit the position, wait, accept. Carrying that into my daily life feels closer to a solution then most approaches.

Here's what I'm chewing on lately. The nearest thing to god within us is the witness. We get carried away w/ our thoughts, emotions, pain..so we become them. But outside the temporary is a part that just sees calmly. Its hard to keep it in focus. Its totally distorted by ego, buts its there. The real work is keep it in the forefront.

That can't be done intellectually. Sit down, shut up, hit position, wait, accept..seems the route to me. Well, maybe not hte sit down and shut up part, those always give me trouble. But wait and accept I have a fair chance at. B)

M

Sign in to follow this