Drifting_Through_Infinity

Has anyone here achieved super consciousness?

Ive checked on Jeff and he has quite a few issues with his MDF (fitted bedroom issues ain't it always the way :-))

How come you checked on Rene and posted, but you didn't say what you found when you checked on me ? I'm guessing it's messy, complicated with lots of jam and sawdust :-)

• Like 1

Sorry for taking so long. To my mind, superconsciousness is when you become aware of the universe as your body, or at the very least extend your awareness past your small flimsy body.

Oh, in that case yes. Red dragon practice from Kunlun, combined with being in nature on a camping trip, easily caused the effect.

If so, how did you do it?

We all have consciousness...super and not-so-super. You drop your mind and lo and behold! There always is Super consciousness :)

• Like 5

Sure. Anything in particular?

In Daoist terms you have opened the UDT. You are naturally more receptive than transmitting. Currently, have some activity/issues at the MDT that relate to how you view yourself in the world. In more chakra terms, you have your 3rd eye somewhat open. My guess is that you sometimes get vivid dreams and may even sometimes "see stuff".

You are at a level where you might have even noticed my checking on you (maybe mind getting quieter), but would definitely be able to notice me with some realtime focus.

Best,

Jeff

Jeff, hi!

Thanks for your reply, very interesting. (-:

Decades ago a buddhist told me that I was 'born awake'; I don't know what that means, nor am I that familiar with your terms UDT, MDT, 3rd eye or chakras.

There are a few others who have a similar nature as mine, one that is instantly and joyfully recognizable between us, described best (I guess, lol) as an outward flow - more conduit than vessel, heh.

Sorry I didn't notice you - I was busy chopping wood. Literally. It's our only source of heat and winter is coming fast.

Thanks again for sharing what you were able to see and warmest regards. (-:

• Like 5

Jeff, hi!

Thanks for your reply, very interesting. (-:

Decades ago a buddhist told me that I was 'born awake'; I don't know what that means, nor am I that familiar with your terms UDT, MDT, 3rd eye or chakras.

There are a few others who have a similar nature as mine, one that is instantly and joyfully recognizable between us, described best (I guess, lol) as an outward flow - more conduit than vessel, heh.

Sorry I didn't notice you - I was busy chopping wood. Literally. It's our only source of heat and winter is coming fast.

Thanks again for sharing what you were able to see and warmest regards. (-:

Happy to put it in other terms if you would like. Your "conduit" would probably match to my "receptive". UDT and MDT refer to upper dantien and middle dantien (trying to stay more Taoist for the group).

Also, very nice that you have such friend with a nature of instantly and joyful recognition. Sounds great. :)

Oh, in that case yes. Red dragon practice from Kunlun, combined with being in nature on a camping trip, easily caused the effect.

Easily???

Yeah. It is mentioned in autobiography of a yogi but goes by the name "cosmic vision".

Edited by Drifting_Through_Infinity

So you just let go and admit that you don't exist separately from the universe?

Equivocation on the word separately. Define that term if you please.

So you just let go and admit that you don't exist separately from the universe?

How can you exist separately from the universe, even in the every day sense of it? The Universe only exists because of you (I know it is hard to make sense of).

No, dropping the mind only allows you to clear the haze of thoughts and feel directly. And what we feel is pure love and pure joy! 

Think about it this way...

Imagine for a while, that everything in the universe is an act of love. Love is the sole driver and creator of this universe. Everything  exists and ceases to exist as an act of love. If everything is pure love, then how can there be good and bad? Me and you? Us and Them? The separation conditions and dilutes the love. When we realize this fact, the separation between me and you, us and them ceases to exist. Because the mind, by it's nature is a divider of love. It is not the opposite of love, because there can be no opposite of pure love. Love divided is not the real love anymore. Love is complete in and of itself, and doesn't need an opposite. We don't feel the "opposite" of love. We feel it's decrement or it's absence. 

Now, think of the same for joy. Joy is complete in and of itself and doesn't need an opposite.  We don't feel it's opposite, we feel it's decrement or absence. 

But I just told you, that every thing in the universe is an act of pure love. So then how can love decrease? It cannot. The mind makes us perceive it as such. 

But when we ask ourselves in the correct manner, "Who is it that actually perceives? Who is the eye behind the eye, ear behind the ear? Whose nature is Pure Love and Pure Joy?"

We get the answer back - it is the Self whose nature is Pure Love and Pure Joy. What is the Self? Self is the one and only. It is why you are not separate from the universe. For the universe exists because of you. And the motivation for existence is Pure Love and Pure Joy!

Edited by dwai
  • Like 1

Equivocation on the word separately. Define that term if you please.

The word "separate" is an imaginary concept. Indeed. Yet, isn't it a bit up tight for one to say these things??! Where is the sense of adventure in Taoism??? I am going off topic, never-mind.

The word "separate" is an imaginary concept.

then you must consider integral to equally imaginary ? That if you regard seperate from the universe imaginary, then equally it follows that you cannot consider yourself part of the universe.

Concepts have consequences :-) fiddle with the differentiation and you fiddle with integration. So, now you must explain how you are speaking to me because I don't want to be caught chatting to myself :-)

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

then you must consider integral to equally imaginary ? That if you regard seperate from the universe imaginary, then equally it follows that you cannot consider yourself part of the universe.

Concepts have consequences :-) fiddle with the differentiation and you fiddle with integration. So, now you must explain how you are speaking to me because I don't want to be caught chatting to myself :-)

The Bhagavad Gita and The Upanishads say you are. In fact, science has proved half of what they say. Science has proved that 40,000 brain cells exist in THE HEART and that it is these brain cells that control the brain. Soul versus mind??? All connections end there, at a single point in the heart where everything is perceived. 

The Upanishads speak of this EXACTLY. It is called "Atman". It says over and over, "this atman is really Brahman". Brahman is The Tao. Tao is the word that Jesus said he was. 

Your confusing science with philosophy. Science cannot talk about souls and philosophy doesn't talk of biology.

Your confusing science with philosophy. Science cannot talk about souls and philosophy doesn't talk of biology.

A few hundred years ago, a horrible thing happened. Science separated from alchemy. All new faces in science proclaimed what was okay to talk about, and what was forever forbidden to speak about. What reason is there for this??? Why not just go where the science takes us??

"Science cannot talk about souls and philosophy doesn't talk of biology"

Do you realise how absurd what you have said is?? You are creating barriers in your mind for no reason. You must have never meditated before. If you did, you must have been joking. 

All of science is being apparently stolen from Hinduism. All of it! Scientists have no real claim to have originated anything, because look, it's all right there in the vedas which were written thousands of years ago!!!

PHLOSOPHY DID SPEAK OF BIOLOGY(:, fifteen thousand years ago. Have you read nothing???

What I said was what I read. You apparently did not check what I said, and willy-nilly refuted it because it didn't sound good to you. You really are quite a comedian. Very funny.

• Like 4

A few hundred years ago, a horrible thing happened. Science separated from alchemy. All new faces in science proclaimed what was okay to talk about, and what was forever forbidden to speak about. What reason is there for this??? Why not just go where the science takes us??

"Science cannot talk about souls and philosophy doesn't talk of biology"

Do you realise how absurd what you have said is?? You are creating barriers in your mind for no reason. You must have never meditated before. If you did, you must have been joking. 

All of science is being apparently stolen from Hinduism. All of it! Scientists have no real claim to have originated anything, because look, it's all right there in the vedas which were written thousands of years ago!!!

PHLOSOPHY DID SPEAK OF BIOLOGY(:, fifteen thousand years ago. Have you read nothing???

What I said was what I read. You apparently did not check what I said, and willy-nilly refuted it because it didn't sound good to you. You really are quite a comedian. Very funny.

Alchemy ? Hardly worth the effort of a reply

Alchemy ? Hardly worth the effort of a reply

Alchemy and chemistry were used interchangeably until the 18th Century.

Alchemy and chemistry were used interchangeably until the 18th Century.

It's apparently still quite popular at Hogwarts.

what do you mean

exactly what I said, your argument merits no reply, I have no interest in spelling it out.

that's exactly what I'm sayin

No you weren't. If you had, then you would have used the word chemistry, which is a modern science. You used the word alchemy which is a philosophical proto science.

• Like 1