lessdaomorebum

Can qi be felt by anyone?

The Notcho Mama's Chi is going to be a big seller because everyone will be able to relate. Not only will the customer be able to feel it, they will be able to eat it. <_<

MH commented that Martial Artist use their Chi. I have used Fajin, and felt Chi as a tingling sensation, but have never used my Chi to break a board, submit my opponent with a small jujtsu finger lock, warded off incoming force with my Chi, or sliced a man with a kesa giri  by using Chi.

So, let's have a show of hands from anybody who is willing to tell us how they have used their Chi, and what did that feel like. Please show examples for me.

Oh, I tried the sand in the tea cup, blew into the cup, the guy on the other side screamed in pain from the sand belowing into his wide open eyes. He asked me if that was my Chi. I said no, that was sand.

• Like 3

I have found that one first notices energy, then with increased depth one starts to feel pleasure from the energy.. getting lost in it. Next one understands and can begin to experience that there body is energy.

That they are this energy.

Next energy begins to flow through you, you notice it 24 hours a day flowing through your body and all around you.

With increased depth the energy no longer comes from without but comes from within radiating out from you.

Still this is separation, next comes being that energy, being the flows.

After that is emptiness.

That is a physical evolution, the mental aspect of the energy and how it changes to silence and flows and then residing in them is interesting as well.

As far as what can someone do?

Help others is really all I want to say.

Hope that helps.

• Like 4

Who is Jim?

His last two posts (preceding your first one) have left me asking the same question . . .

Edited by lessdaomorebum
  • Like 2

MH commented that Martial Artist use their Chi. I have used Fajin, and felt Chi as a tingling sensation, but have never used my Chi to ... sliced a man with a kesa giri  by using Chi.

I think you need a katana to do that?

JimD: "So, let's have a show of hands from anybody who is willing to tell us how they have used their Chi, and what did that feel like. Please show examples for me."

Excellent!

I have found that one first notices energy, then with increased depth one starts to feel pleasure from the energy.. getting lost in it. Next one understands and can begin to experience that there body is energy.

That they are this energy.

Next energy begins to flow through you, you notice it 24 hours a day flowing through your body and all around you.

With increased depth the energy no longer comes from without but comes from within radiating out from you.

Still this is separation, next comes being that energy, being the flows.

After that is emptiness.

That is a physical evolution, the mental aspect of the energy and how it changes to silence and flows and then residing in them is interesting as well.

As far as what can someone do?

Help others is really all I want to say.

Hope that helps.

You can do all that? You must be quite the wizard. Care to share what you studied and what you learned?

How has your sensing of Chi helped others, but in particular helped you?

For instance, I just instructionally sparred with a guy today, twice as big as me. He is a wrestler. I used my Win Chun and Tai Chi experience and Muay Tai to get a couple of shots. As he moved, I moved and blended with him (Tai Chi). As he went for my legs, I grabbed him from behind his head and mocked crushed his face with my knee (Muay Tai). As he grabbed  to bear hug my torso, I mocked double palmed both his ears (Tai Chi). As he stood and then made a move, I used Tan Sao along with forward motion and found an opening to mock strike his face (Win Chun).

It just flowed with no Form. Now, that is training and finese.

But it seems that those that are talking about Chi here are talking about it etherally. In this regard, it can be talked about ad finitum because it is subjective. Moreover, those authors or teachers that are cited are selling something, so it is undetermined whether it is real.

• Like 1

How has your sensing of Chi helped others, but in particular helped you?

For instance, I just instructionally sparred with a guy today, twice as big as me. He is a wrestler. I used my Win Chun and Tai Chi experience and Muay Tai to get a couple of shots. As he moved, I moved and blended with him (Tai Chi). As he went for my legs, I grabbed him from behind his head and mocked crushed his face with my knee (Muay Tai). As he grabbed  to bear hug my torso, I mocked double palmed both his ears (Tai Chi). As he stood and then made a move, I used Tan Sao along with forward motion and found an opening to mock strike his face (Win Chun).

It just flowed with no Form. Now, that is training and finese.

But it seems that those that are talking about Chi here are talking about it etherally. In this regard, it can be talked about ad finitum because it is subjective. Moreover, those authors or teachers that are cited are selling something, so it is undetermined whether it is real.

The Chinese way is to attribute everything and anything to chee, even outside of the martial arts or qigong.

My thread is much narrower in focus. Certain people claim to be able to feel chee: feel it in meridians, feel it all over, feel others (without getting slapped). They claim to be able to direct it: to move their chee around their body, or into another's body. In fact, my former internal arts teacher did vibrating palm . . .

I have zero interest in chee as a vague concept or catchall, like the ancient Romans talking about the Etruscans. I am talking about persons who know, or systems that teach, the concrete use of chee as an isolated force of its own; people who claim to be able to heal others by _consciously_ altering something in the workings of the patient's chee system. Not Reiki.

Can you make me feel your chee? That is what I am asking. Anything else is an illusion, as noted several times in this thread already.

Edited by lessdaomorebum
  • Like 2

So, let's have a show of hands from anybody who is willing to tell us how they have used their Chi, and what did that feel like. Please show examples for me.

I raised my hand but I will not speak to it.

• Like 1

I raised my hand but I will not speak to it.

Marblehead, I like you, but that is a pathetic answer. Your a chee tease! Jim specifically asked for "a show of hands from anybody who is willing to tell us how they have used their Chi . . . " You raised your hand.

• Like 1

Marblehead, I like you, but that is a pathetic answer. Your a chee tease! Jim specifically asked for "a show of hands from anybody who is willing to tell us how they have used their Chi . . . " You raised your hand.

Yes, I get pathetic sometimes.  It's one of the indications of senility. 

So you really want to hear?  Okay.  But I accept no responsibility for the reactions from others that might result from what I say.

Back about fifteen years ago I had (what I believe to have been) a calcium build-up at my elbow of my right arm.  It was there for months and continuing to get larger to the point where putting my elbow on anything firm (hard) would cause pain.

One day I had enough and said to it and to myself, "If this doesn't start going away we are going to go see a doctor."  For the next few days whenever I remembered I would concentrate on that buildup and mentally send energy to cause it to be reabsorbed into my body.  About a week passed and I noticed that the buildup started getting smaller.  I continued this concentration of energy and before long the buildup was totally gone.

I'm not suggesting magic or a miracle here.  But I am suggesting that our body has more capacity for reacting to conditions than most of us realize.  Again, healers already know this.  Give a sick person a puppy or kitten to hold for a while every day and you will see improvement in most cases.  The same thing is happening but in a different way - here it is unconscious.

There it is.

• Like 4

Yes MH, I did the same thing with cyst on my middle finger. Hasn't been back yet, and that was in the 80's. And in my Iaido class, a student was coming up for their promotional test. He was having trouble with his wrist...some discomfort. I banged my hands together and caused some warmth to come into my hands. Then I grabbed his writst, closed my eyes, and sent a lot of instensity to that location.

He said it worked.. He was able to pass the promotional test. His form and technique were impressive. I don't know whether it was the power of suggestion, or I had anything to do with it. Doesn't matter, he felt better. I was happy to help him. There were 9 other students training when I helped this student. They did not even notice...I was glad no one asked me what I was doing. I am not a healer.

• Like 2

Could you actually feel the energy you were sending to your elbow, or this was imagery on your part?

I can't honestly answer that question.  I know that I did, at that time, believe in the power of Chi but as in within physical capabilities.

• Like 2

I neither felt qi nor was turned on. The getting turned on part is not a problem, but the qi part is. Folks, as I have said before, if it were so simple as doing some basic exercise, why would I have made this thread? But thank you for trying :)

I think as Jeff kind of suggests... maybe we should think about a 'newbie wants to feel Qi day' in the chatroom...  

• Like 3

You can do all that? You must be quite the wizard. Care to share what you studied and what you learned?

Lol, I am no wizard.

I just met a really good friend.

To understand maybe you could take up Dawei and Jeff's suggestion and then you could experience it yourself.

• Like 3

Lol, I am no wizard.

I just met a really good friend.

To understand maybe you could take up Dawei and Jeff's suggestion and then you could experience it yourself.

Please, tell us some more.

Yeah, David and Jeff have a good idea.

• Like 1

Please, tell us some more.

Yeah, David and Jeff have a good idea.

No time like the present :)

Some things are beyond words, they must be experienced.

I'll share chi with you, any time.

• Like 1

Ok...  What newbie wants to feel Qi?

I gave some idea of how to do it within oneself but it expects some self-level of built up.   Maybe one needs another conduit to energy outside of themselves.   The fact is, Internal and External are the same... well, until they are reconciled.

If you are interested to feel energy, just send me a PM to me.   Let's just limit it to the first five for now.   We'll arrange a chatroom meeting to do so.

• Like 5

Some things are beyond words, they must be experienced.

I just wanted to repeat this for emphasis.

• Like 3

dawei,

Did you get your five?

I'm so curious what you're going to do!

• Like 1

How did the chat room go with the newbie?

Today, I need my Chi to help me get past my chest, throat, and sinus infection. The virus and bacteria had big smiles as they saw the port of entry when my upper left two molars were extracted nine days ago.