Junko

The origin of mankind

Isn't heaven, hell, God and physics all jumbled up in the answers ?

Sure, Thats why I like my idea   ;)       It encapsulates all that ... but as concepts    , its more a cultural psychological dynamic based on Mankind's specific abilities , rather than 'physics' .   But then , here, I am focusing on the use of the word in the title 'Mankind', not life generally . 

but a lot of people dont like that heaven hell God  'reality' taken away and used as a  ' stimulation concept' . 

It's interesting that Lao Tzu nor Chuang Tzu concerned themselves with the origin of mankind.

Three gave birth to the Ten Thousand Things.

Just natural stuff.

• Like 2

What the fuck ? Really Junko ? You have a brain and you can find out all kinds of things but you are unhappy about the questions your parents didn't ask you ?

F...,is really unnecessary,say it all you want,WTF,has less impact,print is on a page and has energy.

Mhhhe   ... what could have been a very interesting thread .....  

falconfixer-albums-misc-picture53591-tra

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Mhhhe   ... what could have been a very interesting thread .....  

Turtles and Trains

all the way down.

TurtlesAllTheWayDown-small.jpg
Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Any of the threads could be interesting, and all of them will end , and other ones will spring up. I dont see the train wreck , thats an exaggeration. If theres enthusiasm to keep going , if someone really has a burning desire to learn the origin of mankind,, they can walk right past the pothole, just like they walk right past answers already provided. You know this is true ,without me saying it.

• Like 4

Mhhhe ... what could have been a very interesting thread .....

I'm sometimes accused of speaking in riddles but my seeming sidetrack on fields and nets was surprisingly on-topic...

;)

• Like 1

Not you  ....

I  really mean   "  This conversation is not going how I want it to !  "   

a2891868-222-baby%20tantrum.gif?d=125899

• Like 2

Not you ....

I really mean " This conversation is not going how I want it to ! "

Thats really an excellent post there buddy, the human condition, in a nutshell. The Origin of Mankind.Really really concise. I wish I thought of that. :) Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

I'm sometimes accused of speaking in riddles but my seeming sidetrack on fields and nets was surprisingly on-topic...

;)

Im not big fan of staying on topic, things do tend to return to the origin eventually, but I dont see the connection yet, would it be detrimental tedious to reveal it? Edited by Stosh

Not you  ....

I  really mean   "  This conversation is not going how I want it to !  "   

"I want my lollipop"!I have a strong feeling that this planet was oven or microwave to create mankind.I know it sounds weird but that's why in our brain the memory have got taken away so we can not recall today nothing at all about the origin of mankind.

"I want my lollipop"!I have a strong feeling that this planet was oven or microwave to create mankind.I know it sounds weird but that's why in our brain the memory have got taken away so we can not recall today nothing at all about the origin of mankind.

Then I guess you fall in with the "un-moved mover" group. That theres some force or intent behind this all. Im closer to the " turtles all the way down" group. .that there is no intent , no final arbiter. ...What makes you think you should remember the OoM any more than your parents honeymoon ? Edited by Stosh

Mankind is a test for the universe.  Is intelligent life a worthy cause?

Well, so far SETI has found no other intelligent life anywhere in the universe.

Could be it has been decided that intelligent life isn't worthy of creating anywhere else.

• Like 1

It could, Yes, ..if the universe cared and had intent , ,but Id say It certainly doesnt look that way to me. :)

SETI is pretty limited ,lame on the scale of universes really, so if intelligence ,which we believe is at least potentially possible, is allowed,, then maybe it will evolve somewhere. :)

• Like 1

Mankind is a test for the universe.  Is intelligent life a worthy cause?

Well, so far SETI has found no other intelligent life anywhere in the universe.

Could be it has been decided that intelligent life isn't worthy of creating anywhere else.

We are the opportunity. We have all the tools required to spread ourselves throughout the galaxy and the universe. We have cowered under the shadow of mysticism for so long that we can't seem to grasp that we are not minnows at the behest of Gods or chemical, but potential Giants. We have-as far as can be assessed-virtually unlimited capacity to continually expand our integrations of concepts and therefore our consciousness. If we just stop clinging to myth we can realise our potential, but if we continually refuse to see it, then we may well perish as a race-something else will evolve in our place anyway. Life carries on even if we are no longer a part of it. We should grab the moment.

I like what John Taylor Gatto said "human genius is as common as dirt". We only need to dare to think and we can grow.

• Like 1

To me, it's pretty obvious that the Universe must be full of life. It's a natural development that matter, given certain circumstances, at some stage becomes animated.

What about the messages on board of the Pioneer and Voyager space crafts? They are just letters in bottles, thrown into the ocean.

SETI? Sending smoke signals up into the sky, while watching out for smoke signals by others somewhere else.

• Like 2

To me, it's pretty obvious that the Universe must be full of life. It's a natural development that matter, given certain circumstances, at some stage becomes animated.

What about the messages on board of the Pioneer and Voyager space crafts? They are just letters in bottles, thrown into the ocean.

SETI? Sending smoke signals up into the sky, while watching out for smoke signals by others somewhere else.

It likely is, but the universe is a huge place way beyond our current capacity to travel around even the tiniest portion of it. It's also necessary to factor in time factor. It may well be that there are civilisations that have died out long ago and those which will come into existence in millions of years time. It might also be the case that some civilisations live at a faster rate than we do, possibly winking into and out of existence in a fraction of our own lifetimes, then others that are almost static by comparison-or a great deal more giant or smaller.

However, regardless of the possibilities, we don't actually need other races to complicate our own lives or to give context. We are what we are and need to get on. With making the most of what we have.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 2

Nice responses folks.

We should never ignore the potential of the future.

And as said, we don't know of the past because we cannot see beyond our own solar system.

Then I guess you fall in with the "un-moved mover" group. That theres some force or intent behind this all. Im closer to the " turtles all the way down" group. .that there is no intent , no final arbiter. ...What makes you think you should remember the OoM any more than your parents honeymoon ?

Isn't it curious that official science thinks of us a the peak of an evolution of billions of years. Whereas many metaphysical traditions insist that humanity was far more advanced once before, in time immemorial. That we have fallen from the graceful place we once occupied. Or maybe we were pushed down from it?

The Greeks, the Hindu, the ancient Egyptians, the Judaic tradition, the Chinese, and others - they all tell us this.

Why don't we see the evidence? Well, what is left of it could be right in front of our eyes, and we wouldn't recognize it (that is, most of us wouldn't). We will only recognize what we have affinity to.

• Like 4

The novelty of the big neocortex, gives em a footing. That flexible learning can dominate evolutionary impulse, makes a solid claim. That neanderthal had an even bigger brain per sq foot skin surface area, should be humbling. In some ways then, its possible that the peak of evolution has passed. The neanderthals may have been far wiser happier more sane, and H. sapiens represents mind run amok.

Your idea , even if shared, that mankind was once more elevated in ways, may be fairly stated. The argument that there are other things by which one could judge evolutionary superiority is sound too. But its my opinion, that such judgements are self serving or self abasing, nothing more . Suns still burn , galaxies collide ,and the most we can claim for greatness is that we saw it.

• Like 2