Junko

The origin of mankind

You, Junko, Apech, BES, Liminal-luke, Dusty, Nungali, Bindi, Cheshire Cat, Dreambliss, spotless, Kar3n, Taoist texts appear to be animals according to your avatars. Zerostao appears to be a mythical animal.

And you are but an inversed shadow.

• Like 3

And you are but an inversed shadow.

You probably didn't want to say

"a being of pure enlightened knowledge against the darkness of ignorance"

so I said it for you :-)

• Like 1

We should sometimes distrust our mind too.

We should stop filling them with conflicting concepts and mumbo jumbo and we could trust them a bit more.

• Like 1

I haven't read the whole thread.  My thoughts:

Evolution, as we've spoken of it here, is a linear concept.  And the universe keeps expanding in a linear fashion, according to our measurements and observations.  Such is our mind set up.

The Hadron collider has proven that when atoms smash, some of the quarks and neutrinos actually travel into the past!

What this suggests to me is that it is all Here and Now.  Evolution has already happened and we're playing catch-up.  The 3 times, Past, Present, Future are superimposed over each other, only our minds are set up linearly and we can't grasp it.

The more nuanced our instruments for measurement are, the more we find out that there's no 'there there'.  It seems to be heading in the direction of It's All Thought anyway.  The illusion.  The maya.

We are stardust, made out of everything else in the universe.  Everything Is, we share the same properties.  We, us, are each other.  This thing inside us, this soul, this warm presence that lives within, is the same thing in me as it is in you.  The manifestation of consciousness.

(Was it Nungali?) who suggested that Mars would be getting bigger?  I wonder, should this occur, if this would create the same reaction as the 5 Element theory, as when one element gets out of whack by expanding or contracting, that the tensive ones in opposition will be directly affected?  And the one being nurtured?  And the nurturing element?

The I Am consciousness.  The realization that we are indeed, the thinking part of the cosmos (although we don't hold a candle to the Intelligent Design that underlies everything - or as the Algonquins would say, the 'manitou'.)  Removal of personality dross is the key to the I Am consciousness, as any 33rd degree Freemason will tell you.  Or perhaps any Rinpoche.  Isn't it likely that there are other 'thinking and rationing components' in other points in the cosmos?  Of course.

For what purpose?  This is the real question for me. There is a line in a Rumi poem that says something like 'The ocean begs the pearl to open its shell'.  Whatever this thing is is screaming for consciousness of a different sort than it has now.  It is screaming to manifest consciousness in a way that it isn't now.  The real Us is the pearl, the shell is our outer acquired self, the ocean is the Oneness in which we are all a part, but are not in awareness of it.  We think we are separate.

We can't believe our eyes.

You haven't been reading my Objectivist 101 :-) we can believe our eyes, but our cognition can be erroneous.

Manitou tries to steer this thread back on topic I think  :D

like your post, like to see that you like Rumi.

You might see it as: when every oyster shows its pearl, that'll be the end of hatred, war, pain, fathers hitting their kids, mums yelling etc. ad infintum. That's the yearning of the totality, that were really be one once again. ( not to personalize the oneness btw, but my command of the english language is smaller than I would like)

• Like 1

You, Junko, Apech, BES, Liminal-luke, Dusty, Nungali, Bindi, Cheshire Cat, Dreambliss, spotless, Kar3n, Taoist texts appear to be animals according to your avatars. Zerostao appears to be a mythical animal.

appear to be animals....

hm, well, can't speak for the others, but eh, ever heard of symobology,

or fun  :D ,

to be very clear, i do not ' think' or ' feel' that I am a snake ( but I'm very fond of them, they are amazing creatures)

Mine has several symbolic meanings but the one that's most on top is this one:

I'm a slithering serpent, i can lay in the sun for hours, warm and contented,

and when you least expect it, I attack and bite,

be warned  :D

stock-photo-rattle-snake-coiled-for-atta

• Like 1

You probably didn't want to say "a being of pure enlightened knowledge against the darkness of ignorance" so I said it for you :-)

seem to remember that one of the characteristics of pure enlightened knowledge is being humble,

so, it appears to me there is a little hurdle yet to take

• Like 2

Looking for perfection?  You ain't gonna' find it.  At least not for a very long time.  We have been evolving for only 4 million years maximum.  That's not very long in evolutionary terms.

We are animals and still have many of our wild animal instincts. 

No I am not looking for perfection.I know we can't find it.I disagree that we are animal.
  • Like 1

seem to remember that one of the characteristics of pure enlightened knowledge is being humble,

so, it appears to me there is a little hurdle yet to take

Who told you that ?

appear to be animals....

hm, well, can't speak for the others, but eh, ever heard of symobology,

or fun  :D ,

to be very clear, i do not ' think' or ' feel' that I am a snake ( but I'm very fond of them, they are amazing creatures)

Mine has several symbolic meanings but the one that's most on top is this one:

I'm a slithering serpent, i can lay in the sun for hours, warm and contented,

and when you least expect it, I attack and bite,

be warned  :D

stock-photo-rattle-snake-coiled-for-atta

It was a bit of fun BES, but by making it serious you will invite me to wind you up and I already know you bite. :-)

I find a snake very unique.Particulary when they shed thier skin everytime they grow bigger.

• Like 2

No I am not looking for perfection.I know we can't find it.I disagree that we are animal.

Hi Junko, why do you disagree with that? 

• Like 1

I find a snake very unique.Particulary when they shed thier skin everytime they grow bigger.

yep, beautiful, a feature that gives us a nice symbol too

Hi Junko, why do you disagree with that? 
Because we are human.
  • Like 1

nobody, i've observed it

Observed what ? I find it interesting that all these humble people seem very moved to write books, produce websites and run seminars to prove their innate humbleness. India is full of gurus just hoping no one gives them a bean so they can disappear in humbleness. Then there's the enormously humble churches, monasteries and the like, that's before we come to all the humble people on this forum sharing their beliefs and ideas in the hope that no one notices.

Hmmm humble you say ? Well if they were you would never have heard of them. It would be an utter contradiction.

Because we are human.

I applaud you for saying so and differentiating. Now, to play devils advocate somewhat. What does it mean to be human ?

• Like 1

:D  :D  :D

I'm known for it. A real big wooden spoon but always done in a way that gets a laugh out of my victim :-) occasionally I get a slap around the head for my wind ups, but mostly a laugh, even if its at myself for deserving it :-)

I applaud you for saying so and differentiating. Now, to play devils advocate somewhat. What does it mean to be human ?
Are you obsessed by computer?
  • Like 1

Are you obsessed by computer?

Yes I am and califlowers but not the computers themselves but the people using them.

Edited by Karl

Just for a moment assuming that this thread is a microcosm to the macrocosm of the bellows of the Dao, I wonder when the out-breath will begin.  Seems like it's already started.

• Like 1