woodcarver

my mind is full of shit

Sounds like house cleaning would be in order.

There will always be people ready to fill our mind with illusions and delusions if they think they can benefit from it.  Question everything.

Yes. Aesop tells a few stories of it backfiring, too. Tao philosophy even more so.

But it is still better to question what is being presented to us rather than blindly accepting what others say.

But it is still better to question what is being presented to us rather than blindly accepting what others say.

I think its good to listen to everybody.

• Like 1

I think its good to listen to everybody.

That's not fair!  I never mentioned that.  And I do agree with you.  We listen until we determine whether or not they are saying anything that might be of value to us.  But there should be a point where we should stop and say, "That's bull shit."

• Like 1

The mind of most of us is full of shit. The search for enlightenment is largely to rid the mind of shit.

The shit is to be found in the past and in the future. If the mind travels to these destinations then it will indeed find itself in the shit. To reside in the present moment will leave you pretty much shit free.

• Like 4

The mind of most of us is full of shit. The search for enlightenment is largely to rid the mind of shit.

The shit is to be found in the past and in the future. If the mind travels to these destinations then it will indeed find itself in the shit. To reside in the present moment will leave you pretty much shit free.

Easier said than done. We live in the age of information. Shit everywhere man. But thanks for the advice. Its good advice. I focus on my breathing untill the mind just stops chattering all kinds of things. And I just focus on my breathing. In an out. Untill I fall asleep and dream of bullsht. And then I finally wake up and I can take a good shower after such a bullsht dream and then I can focus on my breathing again. Its meaningless but its better than bullsht. I hope truth grows like a cancer and one day we can live in a more clean world.

Yep. I can tell how much crap is in my mind when I start doing something like the washing up. Halfway through, I'll find myself thinking about something completely random and irrelevant, or having an augment with someone in my mind!

But it's getting slightly better at the moment. My methods are trying to be aware when my mind goes off on one and trying to remain positive about things. Straight forward advice, but trying to turn things positive is helping me at the moment.

Anybody else feel this way? Can it ever be accurate when not concentrating on something right now?

Haha yes. Just don't pay attention to it. The shit becomes visible when the water becomes still. Soon it will settle and become mud... Edited by dwai
  • Like 2

It is great ability to see the shit, to give a shit and get rid of the shit. Some become the shit and others realize it is not even their own shit to begin with.

Being overloaded with information everyday we do need to wash up after, go back to zero once you know where the shit thoughts came from your light of awareness shines on it and it dissolves back to where it came from, nowhere.

• Like 2

Anybody else feel this way? Can it ever be accurate when not concentrating on something right now?

If it's full of shit for real, then is there a reason in daring to speak?

Why not cultivate virtue (es. in a stoic perspective) to act on the mind indirectly to avoid dealing with the shit directly ?

Edited by Cheshire Cat
  • Like 1

It's a tool. Treat it as such. It still deserves a certain level of respect, but not nearly as much as it generally gets.

Yep.  Tao exists in the shit just as it exists in the rose.

“Stop thinking, and end your problems.

What difference between yes and no?

What difference between success and failure?

Must you value what others value,

avoid what others avoid?

How ridiculous!

Other people are excited,

as though they were at a parade.

I alone don't care,

I alone am expressionless,

like an infant before it can smile.

Other people have what they need;

I alone possess nothing.

I alone drift about,

like someone without a home.

I am like an idiot, my mind is so empty.

Other people are bright;

I alone am dark.

Other people are sharp;

I alone am dull.

Other people have purpose;

I alone don't know.

I drift like a wave on the ocean,

I blow as aimless as the wind.

I am different from ordinary people.

I drink from the Great Mother's breasts.”

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

• Like 1