noonespecial

Discussing Reincarnation

The fine points in the arguements over reincarnation and rebirth are best left to understanding when you arrive at that point.

Both could be said to be true though that won't fly with mind so well.

I have very clear memories of past lives. One of the clearest happened about 14 hours into meditation when suddenly a volcano of energy erupted from the base of my space and tossed my awareness to above my head where I sat in the massive flow for some time. As it subsided I descended slightly back into my physical body and was in a past life in Ireland. I remained there for some time and then resumed meditation for another 4 hours.

ar that he was one of the associates (friends) at the meeting mentioned above that sat to my left at the big table.

Just to clarify .. did you slide into your Irish body and stayed there?  if so, Did you have control over your body?

Just to clarify .. did you slide into your Irish body and stayed there?  if so, Did you have control over your body?

Sorry - I did not know this question was asked - can you clarify what you are asking.

Sorry - I did not know this question was asked - can you clarify what you are asking.

>>>. As it subsided I descended slightly back into my physical body and was in a past life in Ireland. I remained there for some time and then resumed meditation for another 4 hours.<<<

When you were in Irerand... DId you relive the experience or you had some sort of control in there?

You remained there for a while... So did you relive something in real time?

This is awesome research.

While some may think of this kind of study as demystification of spiritual traditions, by the same token it can be regarded as science being mystified.

It is to be hoped that more and more such undertakings will be seen in the future, leading to a reconciliation of scientific and spiritual perspectives on a cultural level. This is tantamount to left and right cerebral hemispheres being united in individuals.

In this, there is the potential for nothing less than taking human consciousness to the next level in its evolution.

• Like 2

I read the two books written by the current principal investigator.  They described a number of reincarnation cases in detail and the process of verification.  I came away with a set of mix feelings: afraid, hope, disappointment, surprise.  From time to time I wish i hadn't read these books.

Return to Life: Extraordinary Cases of Children Who Remember Past Lives.

Life Before Life: Children's Memories of Previous Lives

>>>. As it subsided I descended slightly back into my physical body and was in a past life in Ireland. I remained there for some time and then resumed meditation for another 4 hours.<<<

When you were in Irerand... DId you relive the experience or you had some sort of control in there?

You remained there for a while... So did you relive something in real time?

It was like being in an Akashic record - a very complete memory / sensory experience of a previous life - with a broad reach into the depth of it but from a relatively specific age span. It was being in it and knowing all aspects of it but without loss of Presence. I was still with my body - though for a time riding a volcano coming up from my body above my head. It was not a trance experience and not one where I was transported elsewhere.

You guys speaking you do not know about. Like akashic records and stuff like this - lol.

You can actually see not reincarnation but rebirth directly in meditation states and it's much different that what you are speaking here, that by Buddha said "hold up, there is no reincarnation" as hindus and other new agers have not enough insight to really see what going on.

• Like 1

I could post my variant views here and say what it is I am contemplating about life after death. 

Or I could just smirk at you all for being 'wrong'  as I know the real truth and you do not .  . . .   and misquote Buddha ,    and type  lols  and stuff like that . 

Hmmmm .... decisions   decisions  .....   

• Like 1

Hello,

I am a bit late to this but this is my insight on this topic:

1. First of all. It is better using the word REBIRTH.

2. Secondly, there is no moving from body to body or body to mind from lifetime to lifetime. I think this is one of the flaws of the Ancient Indian tradition. The Buddha refined this I believe.

3. It is only ONE MIND (YOURS) constantly evolving. Lifetimes are caused by:

Impermanence, what is born has to die.

4. Why don't we remember all of them all the time (well a Buddha can and possibly some arahants)? Because we are constantly changing due to impermanence. Can you remember the way you were 10 years ago? You can't. You were a different person and so you will in 10 years time. With death you'll dissolve your conditioned mind but your karma and fetters (what causes rebirth, the mind's imperfections) will move on and you'll pop up somewhere in Samsara and the game of life will start all over again with the old karma and the old fetters. :)

And time and time again the process will continue until your mind reaches the state of nirvana (nothing left in the mind that causes rebirth); that is the end of the journey which started aeons ago.

:)

• Like 1

On 11/25/2015 at 10:34 AM, centertime said:

Hi,

Let me ask something.  How did you make them conscious?  Did you notice any inheritance of your personality from one life to another?  I guess they influence your life now.. Do they influence each other? E.g. was broken drunk influence by Sumerian priest?  Do you remember the between life area by any chance?

And what do you mean they integrated?  What difference does that make?

I arrive at this discussion couple years late. To answer your questions, there are various techniques hidden in the Indian Tantras, Agamas, etc., for recovering past life memories, or mastery of 'purvanivasanusmrti'. The Kularnava Tantra is one of many: http://www.holybooks.com/kularnava-tantra/

Past lives always influence everyone; about the only difference between the jatismara and the ordinary person is that the latter has no idea why he is terrified of heights, hates dogs, falls in love with someone at first sight, and so on. Unlike the other guy, I only remember so far back as to my death, but my memory of all things from the moment of my death until now is mostly complete.

Edited by Kalchaya
Thought I had used wrong letter, but cannot fix it.